Author Topic: ZUN's music collection vol.6 announced  (Read 43880 times)

Re: ZUN's music collection vol.6 announced
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »
By the way, I doubt that Kafka was trying to step on anyone's toes by doing his own translation.  Just has a passion for it, as he's translated all the other album's stories (each of which already had a wiki translation at the time since he wasn't doing this way back in 2006).  And I certainly wasn't trying to undermine anything by linking his page.

I've read both sets of translations for each album up to now, and I've found that reading both and comparing the two gave me a better understanding than either one did by itself.  No offense intended by that, of course; I mean that certain translation decisions ended up being more helpful to me, and sometimes those were on one translation and sometimes they were on the other.  I don't know Japanese so I obviously can't evaluate the translation quality (though the end result of both sets is very readable).

I would enjoy reading another translation in addition to Kafka's, if one were made, and I don't think the existence of his should preclude anyone who was going to make one from making his own.  I think it wouldn't be a duplication of effort, and I certainly think there wouldn't be anything wrong or offensive about it.

I might be reading into things a bit much but I thought it couldn't hurt to clarify.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: ZUN's music collection vol.6 announced
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2012, 12:40:47 AM »
Well, it was just that when I was going through the previous Sealing Club CD translations he did, there were a number of errors I spotted, although they were better than the translations on the wiki (until I fixed them). I imagine he's improved with time, but I can't say for sure until I get the chance to look at it.

I'm not trying to claim ownership or anything either, I'm just saying not to take anything as the gospel truth until a few people have had a chance to go over it.