Author Topic: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Game Over, Town Win  (Read 48749 times)

DiEnd

• DiEnd
Re: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Game Over, Flavor and Everything Else Pending
« Reply #480 on: October 26, 2010, 12:31:19 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO o/
/late

« Reply #481 on: October 26, 2010, 12:31:23 AM »
I want to know what the hell was up with Sana's role. Was he a third party or what? Why didn't my item work on him? And why did his power work when the time stamps he used were out of order?
The order the words were said in real time didn't matter.

Sana was immune to certain night actions at night, which I assume explains why you didn't get a full result. (Actually Serela messed up, but that can be his excuse because it really was part of Sana's role.)

@Baity: Sorry if I do not have the names of your friends completely memorized when they were posting under aliases the whole game!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #482 on: October 26, 2010, 12:32:02 AM »
LIST OF MOD MISTAKES INCOMING (oh boi!) ;_;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #483 on: October 26, 2010, 12:33:11 AM »
And why did his power work when the time stamps he used were out of order?

I put it in the order of how the real Captain Planet is summoned, silly! Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Heart!

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #484 on: October 26, 2010, 12:35:28 AM »
I also have my personal QuickTopic for keeping track of the game. Kudos to scum for playing a good game; you had me completely fooled when I died, save for Slaves convincing me to go after Trance.

A few things I feel should be mentioned:

@Kuruminut: Please never entertain the thoughts of "utility lynches", especially not during MyLo. It was rather frustrating for us graveyarders to see. Also, please don't take offence to the charicatures I made in QuickTopic Graveyard, I meant no offence.

@HoboverlordPurvis: Damn you. You should have just continued your string of in character posts. They made early game for me.

@NeoSerela: A few requests.

1) Please don't hijack someone's account and then do nothing at all.
2) Please don't send varying role information to people, or incomplete role information, or differing role names. Better organisation works wonders.
3) Please don't give Town "personal victory conditions": they're more of a third party that can win with Town at that time, and I would discredit them as Anti-Town at any moment they pursue a win condition that differs from Town's.
4) Please keep your co-mod informed of everything so we don't get players wondering if they need to ask both mods for varying answers.

It was an enjoyable (if sometimes frustrating) game to watch even after I died, though. Kudos to Scum for a game well-played. You'd almost had'em.

Town MVP... I think GODrake deserves that title.

Also, I did not intend to play at all, and while I had hoped to die N1, I can find myself in a D2 death.

« Reply #485 on: October 26, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »
4) Please keep your co-mod informed of everything so we don't get players wondering if they need to ask both mods for varying answers.
I seriously would not have been able to properly answer the question Kurumunut mentioned in that post. :x
I was left out of the loop on a lot of things, here.

Also, since I forgot to address this. Kudos to the scumteam for trying their best to put up a fight, considering how much things were stacked against them player-wise (Mode was the only non-newbie, and the only other time he's played here he rolled scum as well :x )

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #486 on: October 26, 2010, 12:38:34 AM »
As a first time playing mafia i have a few things to say

1. I SUCKED I KNOW I FAILED TO DEATH ;-;
2. Me and neo talked via MSN a bit to help me think.
3. i cant believe i acutally did decent near the end XD
4. im sorry for being a fail townie ;3;

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #487 on: October 26, 2010, 12:39:24 AM »
Some mistakes!
>Invisibility Clock was supposed to be a cloak
>No trance I did not give you a "baseball bay"
>Way too many friggin ways to reveal roles, resulting in too much confirmed info after a massclaim
>MAJOR MOD FAILURE IN LAZINESS OF ACTUALLY PLAYING MY ROLE
>Removing two townies from the setup to speed up Sign Up Phase reaaally messed things up, and town could have lost with only one mislynch, even after a successful doc! And very nearly DID!
>Totally forgot to actually tell Purvis what Sana's role did on Night 1 rofl
>Forgot to put in role pms that Powerswitching was compulsive (I received some "You Bastard" pms on night 1 due to this)
>Way overcomplicated how Governor was supposed to send in lynchstops
>Removed Delicious Pastry role's ability to die from nibbling but forgot to tell Donut (:V)
>Got zwlda to play, which after the game started ended up being like pulling teeth

And probably some more stuff.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #488 on: October 26, 2010, 12:41:23 AM »
Actually I think zwlda did better than me, considering I've played three games now and I've never made it past D2. :V

Also if anyone cares, I was also a Powerswitcher and switched Donut and Val on N1. :V

« Reply #489 on: October 26, 2010, 12:42:29 AM »
Why is everybody still posting with their anon accounts? That confuses me.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #490 on: October 26, 2010, 12:43:26 AM »

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #491 on: October 26, 2010, 12:43:37 AM »
my real account cant post here  :ohdear:

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #492 on: October 26, 2010, 12:43:50 AM »
Words cannot express how much I'm grateful for not having to use IE any more.

Thanks for only almost strangling me.  I actually did say something I basically knew was false about items D2 and "Purvis" called me on it, but I felt that if I admitted it it would have been the last straw for the lynch mob.  I did what I could to be helpful, and I'm glad in the long run I didn't just give up and let myself be lynched (which I definitely considered).

Also, I get the impression Serela really, really wanted to play his own game.  I like the roles but dislike the modding.  Please post the Role PMs.

Also also, this game has already started completely screwing with my mind when reading the other boards.

@HoboverlordPurvis: Damn you. You should have just continued your string of in character posts. They made early game for me.
Agreed.
Also, Mode's Umineko post was impressive.  I found Wrathie entertaining too, although his posts may have been too readable to match the original.~

@Kuruminut: Please never entertain the thoughts of "utility lynches", especially not during MyLo. It was rather frustrating for us graveyarders to see. Also, please don't take offence to the charicatures I made in QuickTopic Graveyard, I meant no offence.
I'm not going to read the QT and I already don't blame you for what you said.  I don't want to spend this post apologizing, especially after a flawless win, but etc.

Well, back to halfghosting.  Thanks, everyone.

« Reply #493 on: October 26, 2010, 12:44:52 AM »
I (...) dislike the modding.
:<
Can I just pass like everything off as Serela's fault?

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #494 on: October 26, 2010, 12:46:14 AM »

"God dammit. She just had to...
Grr. I would have won if it wasn't for her."

You are Valentia, the possible sadist! Mafia sounds like a rather interesting game... lots of killing, funfun! When you heard about a game being hosted in an old mansion, you couldn't resist the opporitunity; it seems like the perfect time to learn how to play mafia is now!

Your role is Role Stealer! If a chance arises, you'll steal somebodys rolepower from right under their nose, and they won't even know it was you. You aren't entirely sure when these chances will arise, but you'll steal the rolepower automatically if you can.

You've also been given a special item for this mafia game; a baseball bat. Time to kneecap some bitches. During night or day, you may PM ##Kneecap:-target- to the host as a one-shot vig kill. Use it wisely! Hopefully you won't lose this useful item.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated and the mansion's doors open, allowing you to leave.

If you have any questions zwlda, just ask me x3

theres me role PM x3
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 12:46:38 AM by huh what »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #495 on: October 26, 2010, 12:47:10 AM »
Wow, that's a lot of newbies. Pretty awesome. Two newbies + Furineify scum team? :V Impressive play given you had a combined what, two games between all of you?

Note to newbies: You gotta be reading posts more and posting reasons with your votes more. zwlda in particular, since you were actually town. It was pretty frustrating to watch you disappear for long periods of time and return with little information that didn't look like you had read much of the topic in your absence. I will certainly grant you first game jitters, as long as you're willing to use this as a learning experience.

Sorry to everyone for dropping the roleplay, Isaiah Mustafa is a lot harder to emulate than you might think. I also felt like he was interfering with clarity.

I sent no guesses because IP addresses are visible to me in posts and seeing several familiar addresses while puttering around the forums kinda ruined the mystery on several players. Eve in particular I knew all along because Serela didn't even bother to use a proxy or anything despite two mods having signed up for his game. <_<

Not sure on my town MVP vote. Bard did a fantastic job of looking town and thinking things through but he died too early. Kiro did a fantastic job of looking town and thinking things through but his slam dunk case ended up being wrong. Youmu and Affinity did a good job at thinking but they needed role shenanigans to clear themselves. Nobu broke the game open a good deal with his role analysis but he started saying a whole load of wrong things on the final day and I'm 95% sure he would have been my Day 5 vote had the game continued after a Mode scumflip. Really a tossup between any of them.

Fun Fact: I originally signed up as Pesco but switched to Purvis after the real Pesco commented on there not being a Purvis.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #496 on: October 26, 2010, 12:48:51 AM »
@u?: I meant the drawings I did. I made three of them as we were awaiting endgame in the Graveyard. Most involve you going Nyoro~n. I dunno, I liked that face on you.

@Huhwhat: Like I said. Kilga's my idol, want to be him, etc.

@Sana: Pasting my rolePM, I am reminded of your failure to share my Bomb-ness with everyone. Sigh! :(

--

"Another mafia regular, huh? Not suprising.
He's pretty good though, which is worrying.
I hope he doesn't mess up my plans..."

You are Kilgajesus, a mafia player that strikes fear into the heart of scum! Unfortunately, being at the top of scum's "Townies to Kill" list every game can kind of suck sometimes.

When you heard about the mafia game being held at the old mansion, you thought it sounded pretty interesting, so you decided to come. There totally couldn't be any foul play at work here. Nope. Nuh-uh.

Your role is Super Neighbor! You have a one-shot ability to have the mod claim you as a townie bomb to one person through PM. Not that you ARE a bomb (You are not, in fact!), but at least if you hit a scum with this power they'll stay away from you for once! When you want to use this ability, send the host a PM with ##ComeToJesus:-target-.

At least it isn't ##Screw, like that other time.

You also have been given a special item at the start of the mafia game; a Lie Detector! Every night you may send one post to the host, and I or huhwhat will tell you to the best of our knowledge whether there are any lies in that post or not. Hopefully you won't lose this useful item.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated, at which time the mansion's doors will open for you to leave victoriously.

If you have any questions, ask me through PMs on either the forum or #touhou-meido IRC.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 12:49:10 AM by huh what »

« Reply #497 on: October 26, 2010, 12:49:36 AM »
Please do not post the passwords to your anonymous accounts. Thank you.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #498 on: October 26, 2010, 12:50:21 AM »
I consider my death, especially given my attempts at emulating you, to be at "just the right time", Kilga!

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #499 on: October 26, 2010, 12:51:02 AM »

Note to newbies: You gotta be reading posts more and posting reasons with your votes more. zwlda in particular, since you were actually town. It was pretty frustrating to watch you disappear for long periods of time and return with little information that didn't look like you had read much of the topic in your absence. I will certainly grant you first game jitters, as long as you're willing to use this as a learning experience.

Fun Fact: I originally signed up as Pesco but switched to Purvis after the real Pesco commented on there not being a Purvis.

I have school so i usally miss alot of the action, at school today i was stressing out was it gonna be me or modo honestly DX

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #500 on: October 26, 2010, 12:52:02 AM »
Also, I get the impression Serela really, really wanted to play his own game.  I like the roles but dislike the modding.  Please post the Role PMs.
I'm getting around to it! Like, next post.

And it's more that I didn't want to punish some nib who picked Eve L. Duehr with a ridiculously ridiculous role, and it'd speed signups up some; plus the win con. and role made it so being the mod and playing it would actually work.

But then I was too lazy to actually bother playing, so. Yeah. That was bad. I almost modkilled myself, but then I got lynched anyway... It didn't help that it already took over AN HOUR AND A HALF to get night action stuff done every night, holy shit it's amazing I even got days started roughly on time

Oh and Purvis early game posts were awesome along with most of what Wrathie said. That was so fun to read, even if I had to read wrathie's posts 3 times to understand it all.

« Reply #501 on: October 26, 2010, 12:52:11 AM »
Sorry to everyone for dropping the roleplay, Isaiah Mustafa is a lot harder to emulate than you might think. I also felt like he was interfering with clarity.

Quote from: My quicktopic
<Patchouli-Knowledge> [14:41] <Anonymaster> Old Spice have stopped using Mustafa for their ads
<Patchouli-Knowledge> ahhhhhh ahaha
<Patchouli-Knowledge> :<
<Roukan> whaaaaaat
<Magical_Moerin> ;_;
<Roukan> whyyyyyyy
<Patchouli-Knowledge> didn't actually generate more sales, apparanetly
<Irmingard_von_Stein> Old Spice no longer is important in this world.

@Bard/Kilgajesus: Sorry ;_; I can't think clearly when I'm under pressure like that (being nearly mislynched)

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #502 on: October 26, 2010, 12:53:06 AM »
Also whoops, I posted as myself. I'm Sana Spice, and I take responsibility of that post. :V

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #503 on: October 26, 2010, 12:54:47 AM »
It's okay, I'm curious if Trance wouldn't have kneecapped me anyway.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #504 on: October 26, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »
"I made sure his game was done before now.
Now I've no problems with doing this;
like the other 3, he must be eliminated~"

You are TranceHime, grinding masochist! You were invited to a mafia game in an old mansion, so you decided "Eh, why not?" and came!

Your role is Drag Commando! With your bulletproof dress, you are immune to killing powers; and once every night you may pm the mod ##CopAFeel:-target- on one person to discover their own rolepowers!

You also have been given a special item that allows you to deploy one anonymous vote on someone. It's one-shot, lasts one in-game day, and cannot be taken back. Hopefully you won't lose this useful item!

Here is your quicktopic where you may chat with Pesco and Mode, your scumbuddies!

You win when all non-scum are eliminated, and the mansion's doors open for you to leave.

If you have any questions, ask me through PMs on either the forum or #touhou-meido IRC.

Kihihihi, I can't post here cuz I don't have an account  :ohdear:

I'm PX, came here on invitation from Neo. It was fun, and my first mafia game. :D

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #505 on: October 26, 2010, 12:56:47 AM »
I consider my death, especially given my attempts at emulating you, to be at "just the right time", Kilga!

It was no end of confusing (and somewhat frustrating due to the confusion) to watch everyone laud Kilga's praises and talk about how townie he was when I knew they weren't talking about me.

I will, however, take personal victory in calling my own player before they had even signed up.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #506 on: October 26, 2010, 12:58:02 AM »
Also, I can't help but feel like I contributed to that perfect town game.....  :derp:

Oh yes, I was lurking throught D1 and D2. Even though I was away due to school most of the time, I just prefered to lurk and read. Only posted those 2 days because I was forced too

« Reply #507 on: October 26, 2010, 12:58:47 AM »
Alice dies Night one

(  ゚,_ゝ゚)

I had my day 2 post typed out any everything.
Note for future reference: I think I may just adapt this once or twice per day lurking style. It helps me concentrate better. By the end of day one, with the exception of Eve and Sana, who both died/whatever sana wants to call it later that day, My top suspects were Trance and Mode.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #508 on: October 26, 2010, 12:58:53 AM »
Oh before role pms, mod correspondence quotes :D

http://puu.sh/lif  where I'm... wait what
http://puu.sh/lih where I fail to maintain a veil of anonymity
http://puu.sh/lik I'm sorry, zwlda :V
http://puu.sh/lim It's all a conspiracy! Poor huhwhat.
http://puu.sh/lin That's Zakeri and Trance btw. This is right after Zakeri died night one. Again. I lol'd.
http://puu.sh/liq Pre-game! Also contains all the rolepms if you bother to type it out, I'll get them more readily avaliable in a sec.

Unfortunately I forgot to save the one about huhwhat picking on me. It was pretty good.

Also check out the graveyard link to see Bardiche's awesome MotK Psycho Plot Mylo comics.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #509 on: October 26, 2010, 01:00:08 AM »
Account: mafiadummy12
Password: thisistotallyafakepassword

"Sana is p.cool... but also one of them.
And they've all got to go."

You are Sana! You, among many others, have recieved a sudden invitation to a mafia game in an old mansion. You've got no idea how mafia really works, but you suppose you might as well try it!

You are a Planeteer! On the way to the mansion, you got horribly, horribly lost. You're still not entirely sure how you got them, but while you were lost, you found 5 strange rings! If you can manage to use these rings, you might just be able to get out of the mafia game a bit early!

You win when all threats to town are eliminated, causing the mansion's doors to open; or, when you manage to activate all 5 rings and summon Captain Planet to break you out.

Activating the 5 rings is fairly simple. They are activated when someone says "Earth", "Fire", "Wind", "Water", and "Heart". If five SEPERATE people (which may include you) each say one of these words during the mafia game, you may make a post including a short quote of where they each said the word, and then use the command ##GoPlanet to fufill your special win condition.

Oh, and you can also switch people's power items during the night. PM the host ##Powerswitch:-targetA- and -targetB- during the night to switch the two target's items. You are indeed allowed to target yourself with this, if you so desire.

You also have been given your own special item upon the start of the mafia as well that, using your trait of becoming lost, renders you untargettable for many kinds of night actions. Hopefully you won't lose the item, too; well, unless you do so on purpose with your power, that is.

The powerswitching went successfully.

During the night, Kilga touches your heart and you see the light! Kilga is a Townie Bomb.