Author Topic: Rewrite Mafia (Game Over - Town and Third Party Win)  (Read 73536 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: Rewrite Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #720 on: May 26, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »
Again, though, overreaction. Of course, the way you phrased it means it wasn't meant as a reaction test. You were dead serious. That's what made me overreact like that, so... yeah. Even if it was just a reaction test, then I would have probably acted the same way. I'm not the voteblocker. I know I could flavorclaim, but it looks like everyone wants to ignore that so I won't.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #721 on: May 26, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »
Sorry, that was an overreaction talking there. I do that a lot. >.>
And I never said I 100% trusted you. The only one so far who has seemed 100% trustworthy to me is BT. So don't go priding yourself in thinking I completely trusted you, because I didn't. I merely leaned to town for you, but I never said I thought you were definitely town.

For me, the word 'Trust' implies you trust me. Even if you think someone is town, don't trust them. ONLY trust confirmed players.

I still don't get how you would functionally say "I'll give him half an hour to claim" followed by "he could be away".

More seriously, you had a few ways to respond to that first point:
1) BT, I agree.
2) BT, I disagree.
3) What are my vote options again?

Take a guess which one's the worst of the bunch.

Because it's 11:40pm and my head is therefor in sleep mode? I didn't functionally say it. My brain isn't fully functional :P

3 is the worst. However, I actually answered 1, and explained I was listening to Huh What saying 'Hammer now imo'. Then I explained that combined with my priority lynches not happening made me want to hammer IHNN. 11:00pm brainfarts.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #722 on: May 26, 2013, 10:45:08 PM »
##Unvote

And we're having no quickhammers before IHNN has had a time to claim.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #723 on: May 26, 2013, 10:46:30 PM »
Again, though, overreaction. Of course, the way you phrased it means it wasn't meant as a reaction test. You were dead serious. That's what made me overreact like that, so... yeah. Even if it was just a reaction test, then I would have probably acted the same way. I'm not the voteblocker. I know I could flavorclaim, but it looks like everyone wants to ignore that so I won't.

Cut.

Actually that post was a theory post. I splashed a theory down that I had brewing in my head, and then wanted to see how town reacted to said theory. Would they agree or disagree? It was a thought I had, which I needed input on. It was in no way a dead serious accusation [Although I had to make it sound like a proper case, the disclaimer at the start says otherwise].

Which is why I'm happy to not push you now town turned around and told me 'Rai, you're being a hyper conspiracy theory moron again.'

Let's put it this way. In about 6~7 mafia games, I've not cooked up some crazy facepalm theory in... two? One of which I died N1.

##Unvote

And we're having no quickhammers before IHNN has had a time to claim.

Well... I'm not happy with my Validon vote anymore.

Back to Huh What then as a votepark? Lynching 3rds is always cool.

##Unvote
##Vote: Huh What

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #724 on: May 26, 2013, 10:47:21 PM »
Votecount

I have no name(3): BigBangMeteor, huh what, Validon98
Validon98(1): I have no name
huh what(1): Raikaria
Bardiche(1): Affinity
Not voting(2): BT, Bardiche
With 8 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

You have ~25 hours remaining in the day.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #725 on: May 26, 2013, 10:48:13 PM »
seriously who the fuck takes this long to claim (or at least post "i don't want to claim yet") as town
Someone who posts and then immediately goes and does homework, and then has dinner.  Not everyone has mafia be their entire life.  I literally posted, closed the tab, did homework, had dinner, came back to this "lol ur scum for not being here".  I'm sick of it.

IRL reasons making look scummy again >_>

I was kind of hoping to not have to claim which is why I didn't sooner.

I'm a rolecop, N1 I targeted Serela and it came up vanilla.  I targeted Serela because I wasn't entirely sure of alignment and figured the scum would likely have some sort of ridiculous role.  Since it came up vanilla I didn't push Serela, not that it ended up mattering >_>

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #726 on: May 26, 2013, 10:50:10 PM »
Are we talking about the same thing? I'm accusing you of voting Validon for the sake of having a vote. Once I objected to your vote, instead of addressing whether or not you still suspect him (you know, what is expected assuming you legitimately suspected the person you were voting) you audibly decide that you should change options. No sign of your "theory" being an actual concern to you and all the signs of it being otherwise. Oh uh that's actually reasonable.

Since I still didn't read the thread yet (I am secretly illiterate) could you specify who is "the town" that told you you were being a moron? Safe to assume it wasn't just me, right?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #727 on: May 26, 2013, 10:51:59 PM »
Don't parse that. You targeted Serela because you suspected him?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #728 on: May 26, 2013, 10:53:15 PM »
Are we talking about the same thing? I'm accusing you of voting Validon for the sake of having a vote. Once I objected to your vote, instead of addressing whether or not you still suspect him (you know, what is expected assuming you legitimately suspected the person you were voting) you audibly decide that you should change options. No sign of your "theory" being an actual concern to you and all the signs of it being otherwise. Oh uh that's actually reasonable.

Since I still didn't read the thread yet (I am secretly illiterate) could you specify who is "the town" that told you you were being a moron? Safe to assume it wasn't just me, right?

'The Town' is my term for players in general.
'Townies' are members of the town who are... Green
'Scum' are members of the town who are not green

Raikaria to everyone else glossary.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #729 on: May 26, 2013, 10:53:32 PM »
Don't parse that. You targeted Serela because you suspected him?
Wasn't sure how to read figured having role info would help.  Leaned town after seeing vanilla show up.

« Reply #730 on: May 26, 2013, 10:53:37 PM »
ihnn is the post restricter claiming his real target in case he got tracked imo

Bardiche

« Reply #731 on: May 26, 2013, 10:53:48 PM »
IHNN: Why not target your main suspect?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #732 on: May 26, 2013, 10:54:30 PM »
Because HW had claimed PGO and his being third party wasn't known yet.  I wasn't about to perform a potentially suicidal action.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #733 on: May 26, 2013, 10:55:23 PM »
Rai: No I mean can you name other people who convinced you your theory is crap?

IHNN: Why Serela though? Seems awfully convenient that you wanted to know more about the guy who already flipped. Don't see the special reason for Serela.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #734 on: May 26, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »
Yeah, that's not a good response. I sort of got cut by Bard's post, but yeah, target the suspects, not someone who's on the sidelines. Also, quite the coincidence it was Serela, who just happened to be post-restricted. I'm not really buying this claim.
Cut again: How was that suicidal?

« Reply #735 on: May 26, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »
i don't really see a reason not to hammer ihnn. the target is suspicious (especially given serela's restriction), there's no crumbs to back him up and he's scummy regardless of claim

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #736 on: May 26, 2013, 10:57:07 PM »
It's also funny that he apparently chose to believe your PGO claim. The guy he suspected.

I'm cool with hammer but wouldn't we want more discussion anyway? Iunno.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #737 on: May 26, 2013, 10:58:07 PM »
Actually scratch that re: suicidal. Uh. That's not how PGO works though?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #738 on: May 26, 2013, 10:59:18 PM »
PGO passively kills anyone who targets them at night, therefore if HW wasn't gambiting and actually was a PGO targeting him would have resulted in my death.  I didn't want to risk it.

Serela was because Serela usually makes it farther into the game making the information more useful to town later in the game and that I'm usually unable to read Serela.

-cuts-
It's also funny that he apparently chose to believe your PGO claim. The guy he suspected.
I'm not a very risky player.
crumbs to back him up
Not sure how this is actually relevant.

-STOP CUTTING ME I HAVE EXPLANATIONS-

Bardiche

« Reply #739 on: May 26, 2013, 10:59:24 PM »
IHNN: But if you believe Huh What to be Scum on Day 1 (you did iirc), then why would you believe there is a Scum!PGO (that is massively unbalanced, and if Scum, why claim PGO?), and why did you target Serela when you hadn't really mentioned Serela overmuch? I recall you also suspected Affinity, why of all people Serela over any of the suspects you stated?

Picking someone who's flipped is also "..."

Also what's with everyone saying Roleclop instead of rol?ec??op?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #740 on: May 26, 2013, 11:00:03 PM »

Yeah, think a little before coming up with bullshit. Your claim isn't holding too much water, IHNN. I'm fine for a hammer too at this point. Unless you do some heavy convincing, I'm not unvoting for the rest of the day.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #741 on: May 26, 2013, 11:00:27 PM »
Rai: No I mean can you name other people who convinced you your theory is crap?

IHNN: Why Serela though? Seems awfully convenient that you wanted to know more about the guy who already flipped. Don't see the special reason for Serela.

Myself re-thinking, and generally being ignored.

Generally when people ignore my theorydumps that means they think it's dumb. Or at least not worth talking about, let alone using words on.

There was that thing at the start of D1 about the voteblock but other than that, I'm lost too.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #742 on: May 26, 2013, 11:01:15 PM »
Roleclop is from Adorable Game of Mafia. The game you SAID you'd read but nope.

I actually find his explanations reasonable now.

« Reply #743 on: May 26, 2013, 11:01:31 PM »
I'm cool with hammer but wouldn't we want more discussion anyway? Iunno.
not much more to talk about really. no point in letting the day drag out

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #744 on: May 26, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »

Who's 'his'.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #745 on: May 26, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »
Picking someone who's flipped is also "..."
I'm aware that makes it look very fake. >_>

Unless you do some heavy convincing
Well since my best bet for an alternative wagon at this point is you, you wouldn't unvote anyways.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #746 on: May 26, 2013, 11:03:14 PM »
IHNN's.

The only thing that's bad with the claim now is:
1) Serela still a convenient target
2) Town rolecop

Got any flavor?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #747 on: May 26, 2013, 11:03:50 PM »
Um, IHNN, quick summary of why you're voting Validon? I'm a notorious didn't-read-this-shit kind of person.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #748 on: May 26, 2013, 11:03:56 PM »

Uh...

There's still this. This is what is really damning IHNN in my mind.

Cut:
Well since my best bet for an alternative wagon at this point is you, you wouldn't unvote anyways.

Uh, what do you mean by that?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #749 on: May 26, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
But I went back on that Validon. Even if he did suspect huhwhat no one is guaranteed scum to anyone unless they're scum and so I actually choose to believe that he wouldn't want to take the risk that huhwhat wasn't lying.