Author Topic: Final Fantasy Danmaku... (One project in Making)  (Read 26739 times)

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
Re: Final Fantasy Danmaku... (One project in Making)
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 12:15:57 PM »
o3o
and yojimbo and anima going somewhere else  :V
I just thought about it right this moment but... Seymour+Anima, he had it in the begining, no? We're only missing Yujimbo (but I don't really care.)

EDIT: Hang on, there's no Cid in this thread. Stage 1 should totally be fought on the  Fahrenheit, with a Cid midboss (or rather, the ship itself - salvos like in the few Airship battles in FFX), and then Rikku can be fought on the Fahrenheit's deck.

:ohdear: ... I'm not sure... that would kinda need a moving BG or a really good spriting background so... I would say no, and also I'm only a VII/VIII Cid fan... VII that Cid was like no other (but I could be wrong). It's creative as an Idea but we already thought of a 1st stage midboss... @o@.... But using an airship as a Background... that would be a bit similar to PDD and UFO even if it's a first stage... well it would be unique like Satori (the leader who's not the 6th stage). I could like the idea... but ^^; idk.

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 11:35:39 AM »
Yojimbo is a hired bodyguard, more than an Aeon - you can fit him in any stage as a midboss. Hell, make him a Death Fairy on stage 5.

Kyaksa

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 09:35:48 AM »
Hey... I just notice below ythe name of the character, there should be a character ttitle...

>.< I can only think of these two/three Ttitles:

Rikku; The Honest Liar Al Bhed

Auron: A Spirit That Travels the Borders of Life and Death

Tidus: The Fleeting Dream

Anyone got any ideas?

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »
so what, this isn't going to be a crossover? especially since alot of things from earlier games have sprites already...

Kyaksa

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2010, 07:44:12 PM »
so what, this isn't going to be a crossover? especially since alot of things from earlier games have sprites already...

o-o? Of course it's a crossover, one of the projects in the making is between FFX/Touhou

>.>????

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 02:00:51 AM »
I meant final fantasy crossover. you know, with random final fantasy stuff from each... but I'm an FFX fan so no biggie.

oh, and some of the enemies like cactuars have sprites from the 2d games so you could use those.

Kyaksa

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 03:43:19 AM »
ah, we're probably going use weak enemies (like the fairies, ghost and strange flying object *SA*) we might use the spirites from FII and something , but nothing ascertain but we've already thought of that :)

Most of the project we're talking about within the three of us, ^^; Of course we still have much more to do V-V L O L....

PS: You know what's sad? FFIII(DS) is so much more difficult because there's no magical revive like there is in FFVII and Phoenix Down is much more rarier so you have to be careful not to die D8! But the sh**** thing is I'm at the end of FFVII but I need certain Meteria not to suddenly die and I failed to give almost everybody their final weapon, so I have to use one character to Lvl up all the unmastered Meteria DX ARGH!!! How the hell was I suppose to understand that their final weapon won't lvl up their Meteria?! >.> I want to play FFVIII but I need to finish FFVII, hmm >.<

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 08:06:02 AM »
when it comes to final fantasy, know that the people who somehow manage to acquire everything used a guide, cheated, or have way too much time on their hands.

Kyaksa

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 12:59:46 PM »
That is the very truth of every RPG... 0-0...

But to aquire everything? LOL.... that downright impossible unless you actaully care that much, all I want is to finish The Last Moutain without immediatly dying. I was expecting strong enemies not K.O enemies, which is a bitch to fight... you have to be extremely lucky not to eeffing die when they do thier Death attacks DX God Damn you Nomura!!!

RavenEngie

• Now how'm I supposed to stop those mean ol' Mother Hubbards from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer, use a gun. If that don't work...
  • Gaming-Obsessed Illusionist
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 01:39:34 PM »
Hi all. Been a long time since I was around here, but I was strongarmed into redecorating a house.

Since my graphics tablet all but blew up, I haven't made progress on the spellcard-calling portraits past the sketchy lineart, and you told me to wait until the dialogue was finished before I started on the portraits for that.

BuI've started spriting a bit instead, and I've got idle poses for everyone done. Just a regular 4-pose one, nothing fancy. I can sprite, but it takes me a while.

Scripting-wise, I've got a pyrefly script done, just the graphics, don't know what you're going to do with them, I've got Lulu and the Moogle scripted, and two of Seymour's cards done, didn't know if you wanted me to put in Anima or not.

But I was thinking about the aeons, you said you wanted them sprited, but bejeesus, I take ages with regular boss sprites. So I was thinking maybe I'd draw them instead? It would take 1/100th the time, but it's your choice.
WALUIGI BACK! NOW THIS SIG IS FUNNY AGAIN!
Mah arts! :3

Kyaksa

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 06:57:18 PM »
^^;; I should say sorry for not finishing the plot yet, I have the idea and everything but I keep redoing all of the dialouge until it's just right. The important part is keeping IC + Touhou style (at least most of the time.)

:\ Well it's you who can do the graphics, so I can't really tell you to do something your don't want to... But What would a drawings look like in a Danmakufu? If it isn't that much of an eyesore I can truly care less, do what you want to do.

Btw as for Anima, I'm not sure, it was suggested but I'm curious of what Kyleskse thinks to be honest. We don't really need all the Aeons, but at the same time it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them all. So if you like or not, tell me... I don't really mind if Anima is in or not (btw Anima, Ifirt and Shiva are ftw XD), but you and Kyleske can decided... if you have an idea or not for Anima use it *shrugs*

:3

D8 Why did your graphic table die, though? Was it old, did it fall or did it just die for no explain reason whatsoever?

:ohdear: Must be horrible.... (Those things must cost to at least 500$ or more)...

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
If you put in Seymour Omnis (his final form), could you use the actual battle music? That would be pwnsome. I've always loved that final battle.

How is the battle with Yu Yevon gonna work?

Kyaksa

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 08:46:25 PM »
 :ohdear: I don't think we exactly have Yu Yevon... I don't actaully want to put him in the game, he will be mention or talked about but as far as I'm concern. Yu Yevon is not needed, but Seymours forms don't really take in account Yu Yevon even if he does transforms in all his forms, which are around 2/3  :V

Raven Hexer does all of stage 3 and Seymour... We've deicded to use Braska, Jehct and Auron as the Extras... We already talked about it in page 1... I'm pretty sure about it.

Kyleske!!! You never responded to me what you thought of the Khimari midboss spell >.<!!! And like I said before I doubt there's attachment in PMs.

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 11:04:13 PM »
aww, no Yu Yevon? but come on! the two pillars could be a miniboss of some sort, and then Yu Yevon could be this pwnsome evil eye sigma like extra boss. perhaps as a phantasm?

anyway, if Yu Yevon made it in, he'd be one of the, if not, THE smallest bosses ever made. all you really have to do is draw an orb with a glowing Yevon symbol on it, take about 10 different cards (cause it's FF 10) and slap them on... okay, I make it sound simpler than it actually is, but taking Yevon out is like taking the Angel Sephiroth form of 7s final boss.
(oh, and the Yu Yevon comment I made in the other post had nothing to do with the Seymour one)

and how do you mean Yu Yevon isn't needed? He's the source of Sin itself. He's the whole reason Lady Yunalesca started the whole final summon thing!

and I can't help but notice that you're talking an awful lot about the good guys as if they were enemies. I'm really sorry if I'm sounding critical, but if you want to do a final fantasy X danmaku, you shouldn't really change the story. especially adding braska in, Jehct makes sense, because you fight him right before you fight Yu Yevon, Auron makes sense, too. Even though he's a goodguy... but braska was dead before tidus even got there. The only time they even saw him was on the spheres they recovered.

and storywise... you should seriously stick to the canon story as much as possible. cut out alot of the unneccissary stuff, but for god sakes, you can't cut out the important bits.

This is pretty much a list of what I think is required for a FFX-Danmaku hybrid:

stage enemies are various fiends, powerful stage enemies being fiends like malboro or something

First Seymour fight (perhaps a midboss seymour, then a midboss anima, then a boss seymour)

a couple aeon fights (doesn't matter how many)

Lady Yunalesca fight

Final Seymour fight

Sin

Jecht

Yu Yevon

(I can't remember all of the important storyline bosses, but you get the gist)

playable Tidus (perhaps Yuna too)

RavenEngie

• Now how'm I supposed to stop those mean ol' Mother Hubbards from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer, use a gun. If that don't work...
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2010, 01:32:20 AM »
Unless you completely change the dialogue every time, wait until you're done. I just need a general idea of the emotions portrayed.
And it had an encounter with a wall. Little bro.
Puremrz showed screencaps, ages back, of his hand-drawn graphics in danmakufu. They looked not half bad. :V
------
Seymour Omnis? Can you say... Last Word? :3
------
You make good points, Phantasm, but I felt that Yu Yevon was almost an afterthought, like Necron in IX, but at least Yevon had some part in the story. I'm against it, because I get the feeling this is more mid-late story than endgame.
I've done some Fiend sprites as well, just the bombs so far, though, and I'm puzzling an oversoul system out.

And I'm against your changing-the-whole-idea (sorry, I'm blunt when tired), simply because I'll have to chuck away about ten hours of work.

But, going back to mah Seymour Omnis Last Word idea, I am putting Yuna in her wedding dress if we do Last Words. :V
------
Sorry, had to squish post. On phone. DX

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2010, 06:15:24 AM »
last word? awesome. shame I won't get to hear Seymour Omnis's theme, but oh well.

but how the hell is Yu Yevon an afterthought? He's the guy behind Sin! A summoner so powerful that he managed to reduce his body to a mere orb in order to summon the greatest fiend of all time in order to start a religion with Lady Yunalesca!!!! That's like calling Flandre an afterthought! or any other of the Extra bosses for that matter (except for alice in Touhou 5). If he were an afterthought, his name wouldn't have "Yevon" in it, and he wouldn't have the Yevon insignia on him, and the pillars wouldn't appear until he does!!!!! The REAL afterthought is the whole Omega Weapon and the Omega Dungeon thing. It was cool, but it was just thrown in for kicks. You can play the entire game without even knowing the Omega Dungeon exists. But you'd have to have not been paying attention to the game in order to have been surprised by Yu Yevon. shame that he was pretty weak, though. They worked harder on Omega than they did on Yu Yevon. and he's probably the character that involves the least art. sphere, shaded color, google the insignia and recreate it, done. though the pillars could just be a rough sketch...

as you can tell, I'm a BIG FFX fan!

oh, this gives me an idea: FFXIII danmaku! It's perfect cause the story is linear enough to pick the random unimportant things out! which reminds me: saying Yu Yevon is an afterthought is like saying Orphan is an afterthought.

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »
oops... sorry for being in a different time zone :V

Anyway, from what I remember, what we've talked about so far is that stages 1-6 will have the playable characters from FFX themselves, while extra will have seymour's 3 forms as the midboss and braska with jecht and young auron as the boss...

As for the story line, I'm not sure how kyaksa's fitting everything in... Though, I do remember that we somehow agreed on using certain FFX themes (INCLUDING seymour's theme during the fight inside sin, and I think assault too and some others)

About the khimari spell... I don't remember where it was anymore :V (repost or link it please :D) Also, my danmakufu's been broken lately, and I'm trying to get it to work again (I think it's a problem with my sound driver) so I may not be able to use danmakufu for a few weeks...

Also, it's fun seeing my name misspelled 3 times :3
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Kyaksa

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 11:10:05 AM »
LPS Yu Yevon is important in the FFX, but honestly we're not re-creating FFX... The Bosses are FFX characters, we Have three Touhou characters who are all playable. I'm making a storyline that will mention Yu Yevon but the thing is Yu Yevon isn't that desireable and of course this Storyline is connected to FFX (we have the Bosses for that very reason), but We speak most of the plot among us three *which I've yet to give out to RH and Kylesky*, since I want to surprise the audience of the FF fans (like you and Alpha) and hopefully not give you a crappy plot or lack of any or all Touhou vibe... That's why I'm still stuck editing it plus... I'm still stuck drawing the other two players.

And anyway Making the FFX plot in 6 stages would just not be physically posssible and would be crappy within itself. It's like Deen with Higurashi/Umineko.

Kylesky X,D I'm sorry I failed at remembering spelling your name. I'll attach it now, please tell me here or on PM.

Btw... You guys want to do Last Words? Would that be something you'd put in all the three story scripts? :3 LOL... Interesting...

Is you computer old Kylesky? I always had problemsw with my computer sinbce it was more than 8 years old... so I had to change it. But of course nobody has money to but a new computer.

I may have forgotten something but I can't remember what...  :ohdear:

RavenEngie

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »
I tend to sorta blur out religious stuff anytime I hear it, so I probably wasn't paying much attention to the whole Yu Yevon thing. (Didn't pay much heed to Yunalesca either... All I can remember is her flipping out when Yuna refused the Final Summon.)
Ha ha, old chap. I dare say I'm a bigger one with too much time on my hands. I've done pretty much everything.
I jyst hope the Aeon Battle theme's used. Now THERE'S a boss theme and a half.
------
DMF wouldn't work for me most of the time I was in Italy, but it spontaneously fixed itself. Was weird.
------
I've already got the structure for the menu done, so it would be simple enough to add in a Last Word option. (Haven't tied on any graphics yet, but I've got an idea.
Also, I've got the Oversoul thing done... Ish. It works fine for what I've tested so far, and I'd like to see your opinions of it, but my mobile modem's getting repaired. Hence the phone.

Right... Literally back to ze drawing board for me. :3

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 11:11:38 PM »
aww I totally lost interest. :ohdear:

well, thats an exaggeration. also: oversoul was only in FFX-2.

Last words don't really have dialogue btw, so their's no need to worry about that

(serious stop saying ha ha, old chap. It's really annoying and nobody talks like that!)

also heres a tip: if you are having a tough time making the story good, something is being done wrong.

another thing: no matter how you edit the story, having Braska and young Auron in it makes no sense whatsoever. and what do you mean 'Yu Yevon isn't desirable'? the thing that makes a character like him is how well his bullet patterns are done! Take for example, Sariel and Konngara. Those characters had no dialouge whatsoever, yet they are still well appreciated characters. and Koakuma, she was just supposed to be a lowly servant, but she has fans. you need a mysterious character who is not mentioned at all, and just appears out of nowhere. That's what makes something with a shaky story good.

@RavenEngie: wow, really? I'm not a religious person, and I tend to ignore real life religion, but in a completely not-real videogame?! You just missed the entire story, man! and the Aeon Battle theme? what do you mean? the one where you fight your own Aeons in order to reveal Yu Yevon's form? or is there a special theme that goes with that one lady's battles. You know, the one you meet in order to get the Magus Sisters...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 11:44:39 PM by Lord Phantasm Satori »

RavenEngie

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 12:59:22 AM »
Either you managed to get through the entire game while killing less than thirty enemies per enemy group, or I'm distincly mistaken about having my ass handed to me about twenty times by Oversoul Bombs while escaping from Home. Hmm.

And Kyaska's likely got the story good ages ago. Making it great is the problem.

Bullet patterns for Yu Yevon. Hmm. A character whose only form of attacks I remember are to possess your aeons and heal himself. Great fun. Especially when the playable characters don't have aeons.

And I know I said blur it out, but I didn't completely. I only did that with the heavy stuff. Evil religions are way too overused, I'm sorry to say, Yevon fans.

And I can't remember if it was Belgemine's battles or the final ones... Sounds like the Yevon chant in the intro.

Oh, and actually, I've started to say "Ha ha, old chap!" when I want to annoyingly make a point. So, ha ha, old chap! You're wrong there.

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 07:24:35 AM »
coming from the one who couldn't remember who Yu Yevon was, I'm not surprised you don't remember him attacking.

Seeing as pretty much NOTHING in FFX fires bullets, your point is invalid. ha ha, old chap. :P Seriously, though. His lack of numerous attacks isn't the problem. the problem is that you fail to see that at least Yu Yevon has attacks that can be transferred into Danmaku ones. unlike Tidus, Auron, and Wakka sort of. The point is that your going to have to make most of them up.

and FFX had no oversoul system. that was FFX-2. perhaps the international version that added the new game+ had one...

and the song you're thinking of is the Yu Yevon's first theme. When you have to beat your underpowered aeons with your overpowered weapons in a couple hits tops. Personally, I like
Yu Yevon's second theme better, but that's likely just a preference thing.

Evil religion overused? the only other game I can think of like FFX that uses that is real life. :P Seriously though, no one really cares about the religion, It's just the whole idea of Yu Yevon's character that I like. A character whose only desire is to summon... and apparently to destroy things, since he knows Ultima.

Also: I don't want to come across as a whiner whining about "I want Yu Yevon, WAAAH!" because that's not what I'm doing. Sure, I want him, but I'm saying- OOH!

IDEA: you said there were three playable Touhou characters, right? What if Yu Yevon's first couple Gauges were the characters you aren't playing as, and the last two gauges would be a normal attack with Yu Yevon's true form, and a short spellcard with his Ultima attack, and the last one would probably be this over the top thing based on the kick-ass way he died. (It would still be a spellcard, just based off his death)

...sorry about that, I got that idea right as I was typing.

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »
The khimari attacks look pretty ok, but really... there's no real way to see until it's put into danmakufu :V
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Kyaksa

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2010, 12:41:52 PM »
I have the story, I have the major plot... The fundamental(sp?) thing about Touhou though is the actaul dialogue... I have to write it in a way that in some sense has  the Touhou vibe but also has the feelings of FFX.

Posted by: Kylesky
? on: Today at 11:37:12 am ? Insert Quote

The khimari attacks look pretty ok, but really... there's no real way to see until it's put into danmakufu

:3 okay....

Also: I don't want to come across as a whiner whining about "I want Yu Yevon, WAAAH!" because that's not what I'm doing. Sure, I want him, but I'm saying- OOH!

:derp: Well... You do have valid points, I won't just throw them away without taking notice... The problem is though, how is he going to fit in the actaul story plot? Because The only thing I can think of is... Using Yu Yevon as the Last spell of the Extra stage, since he is the reason Everybody died (Jetch becomes sin, Braska dies, Auron is a unsent who holds a consciuse and protects and take cares of Tidus).

IDEA: you said there were three playable Touhou characters, right? What if Yu Yevon's first couple Gauges were the characters you aren't playing as, and the last two gauges would be a normal attack with Yu Yevon's true form, and a short spellcard with his Ultima attack, and the last one would probably be this over the top thing based on the kick-ass way he died. (It would still be a spellcard, just based off his death)

-3-... Other than I don't understand why he be the other characters (plus we or I mean RE would have to make front sprites too....) and also... Either he be a Last Spell,, Because I doubt we could fit that into the Extra.

Last words don't really have dialogue btw, so their's no need to worry about that

(serious stop saying ha ha, old chap. It's really annoying and nobody talks like that!)

;O;

Also... I never said anything about Dialogue for the Last Words *a bit angry*

Evil religion overused? the only other game I can think of like FFX that uses that is real life.  Seriously though, no one really cares about the religion, It's just the whole idea of Yu Yevon's character that I like. A character whose only desire is to summon... and apparently to destroy things, since he knows Ultima.

Evil reglion, Evil organization, Evil Anything have all been overused =.=.... There doesn't exist original Plot.

RavenEngie

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »
You are dead set on getting him into this game, aren't you, LPS? :V
If the boss wants to do it, I'll gladly make the sprites. (Hell, it's nothing compared to what I'm doing already. ._.)

coming from the one who couldn't remember who Yu Yevon was, I'm not surprised you don't remember him attacking.
No, the reason I don't remember him attacking is that he got off one Gravija attack before I killed him. That, plus the fact you cannot die makes it seem completely pointless other than the beating the big bad thing. I didn't even know he could cast Ultima until I looked it up. ._.

and FFX had no oversoul system. that was FFX-2. perhaps the international version that added the new game+ had one...

and the song you're thinking of is the Yu Yevon's first theme. When you have to beat your underpowered aeons with your overpowered weapons in a couple hits tops. Personally, I like
Yu Yevon's second theme better, but that's likely just a preference thing.
So you're right... Why the hell do I still hate going through Home in FFX then... Probably got something madly mixed up. :derp:
One hit. I'd all the Celestial Weapons all powered up, and the sphere grid complete for everyone... Yeah, wayy too much time on my hands. :V

I have the story, I have the major plot... The fundamental(sp?) thing about Touhou though is the actaul dialogue... I have to write it in a way that in some sense has  the Touhou vibe but also has the feelings of FFX.
I think you need a proofreader... I never think my stuff's good enough either. :V

:derp: Well... You do have valid points, I won't just throw them away without taking notice... The problem is though, how is he going to fit in the actaul story plot? Because The only thing I can think of is... Using Yu Yevon as the Last spell of the Extra stage, since he is the reason Everybody died (Jetch becomes sin, Braska dies, Auron is a unsent who holds a consciuse and protects and take cares of Tidus).

-3-... Other than I don't understand why he be the other characters (plus we or I mean RE would have to make front sprites too....) and also... Either he be a Last Spell,, Because I doubt we could fit that into the Extra.
Like I said, if you want to, I wouldn't mind, since it'd shush probably the only person to like Yu Yevon ever. :V
But no, seriously. I wouldn't mind doing it. Could be a Phantasm stage that diverges from the usual Touhou formula, instead it'd just be a few small fiends, then Yevon. Or something. THIS IS WHY I DON'T WRITE STORIES! DX

Evil reglion, Evil organization, Evil Anything have all been overused =.=.... There doesn't exist original Plot.
There does. Ones which people haven't dared to try yet. Can't bring any to mind, otherwise I'd be making it right now. :V

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2010, 03:50:12 PM »
One hit. I'd all the Celestial Weapons all powered up, and the sphere grid complete for everyone... Yeah, wayy too much time on my hands. :V

I never even got to power up all my celestial weapons (got all of them, but was only able to get both the crest and sigil for 3 or 4 of them), and my file was around 240 hrs :ohdear:

Kyaksa

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2010, 05:29:56 PM »
Quote from: Kyaksa on Today at 12:41:52 pm

There does. Ones which people haven't dared to try yet. Can't bring any to mind, otherwise I'd be making it right now.

=.=... Originality in it's raw form no longer exists, you make original things with old meterial but they will never truly be RAW Originallity

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »
The answer to where Yu Yevon fits: Phantasm stage. Although coming up with a midboss could be tough... perhaps no midboss, like stage 6 in Touhou 10. Or maybe Yevon in his spirit form would be the midboss, and it would be like the Nue midbosses in Touhou 12.

about the originality thing: the only reason things aren't original anymore is because mainstream gaming is being nuked by FPS's and other such games that have no plot and are all the same. When I become a game designer, I've got a helluva universe all set up! All it needs is game... and a whole lot of people I can yell at to get working on it :P

anyway, back on topic. The dialouge could vary from stage to stage, as the game progresses, the characters would get more used to the fact that they are in Gensyoko and stop brining it up. The first boss would be all "what the hell? where am I?!" and the second would be "this is an odd place..." and so on. the player, depending on who it is, could be all "whoever heard of a male fighter?!" or something, and the player would be informed that there are a few males in the group... having the characters react like that would make it seem more like a "woa, how did we get here? I guess we'll have to (insert plot here)" situation instead of a "we have to do this! even though we have no idea where we are" situation... you probably aren't looking for major things like that though.

Since I'm a freshly graduated grammar nazi (lol) I'd be happy to proofread it, I'm assuming you're looking for more than that though. replacing various phrases to phrases that X character would likely say. Keep in mind that the FFX characters don't need to talk Touhou like..

Kyaksa

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2010, 08:12:15 PM »
about the originality thing: the only reason things aren't original anymore is because mainstream gaming is being nuked by FPS's and other such games that have no plot and are all the same. When I become a game designer, I've got a helluva universe all set up! All it needs is game... and a whole lot of people I can yell at to get working on it

:D I hope you luck... And if you really create some type of originallity that even more awesome.

Since I'm a freshly graduated grammar nazi (Ha ha, old chap!) I'd be happy to proofread it, I'm assuming you're looking for more than that though. replacing various phrases to phrases that X character would likely say

LOL I love writting but to be honest I'm such a noob in grammer (thank god for Word for the spelling as you can obivously see). I so fail, It will take me years before I reach a decent level of writting... Pitiful... And I want to be a writer too

I would love your help :D But Then we have to PM between one another... you don't mind being the 'last' person I give the plot to, do you?

Keep in mind that the FFX characters don't need to talk Touhou like..

Well... Actaully... It depends... But you'll only understand if I give you the Plot script.

The problem though still remains that Originality is something that is made of 0%, Like a type of style of writting or gamming, plot elemants that never been used before, no and whatsoever of Clich? of any shape or form :| So... can you make a world out of 0%? that is the question of Originality.

PS: LOL... I'm so inspired by umineko, forgive me.

RavenEngie

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2010, 09:41:16 PM »
The answer to where Yu Yevon fits: Phantasm stage. Although coming up with a midboss could be tough... perhaps no midboss, like stage 6 in Touhou 10. Or maybe Yevon in his spirit form would be the midboss, and it would be like the Nue midbosses in Touhou 12.
This is like what I said earlier. Little stage, big boss. :V
Don't get any ideas about thinking of Yunalesca. I canNOT be bothered attempting to draw her, never mind sprite her. I will stab you repeatedly if you think of that. Seriously.

about the originality thing: the only reason things aren't original anymore is because mainstream gaming is being nuked by FPS's and other such games that have no plot and are all the same. When I become a game designer, I've got a helluva universe all set up! All it needs is game... and a whole lot of people I can yell at to get working on it :P
The ONE good FPS, I think, is Team Fortress 2. Which doesn't even try to have much of a storyline, and it's good because of that. I don't like people trying to tell me things while I'm murdering. :V
And you ain't the only one who's worked on a universe. I've got piles of stuff saved for when I have more time and less exams. :V

:D I hope you luck... And if you really create some type of originallity that even more awesome.

The problem though still remains that Originality is something that is made of 0%, Like a type of style of writting or gamming, plot elemants that never been used before, no and whatsoever of Clich? of any shape or form :| So... can you make a world out of 0%? that is the question of Originality.
The only people with true 'originality' are the ones locked away in mental asylums, or heading there, or on drugs. Or the ones who don't succumb to the prudish, limiting expectations of the real world. But in the literal sense of the word, there is no originality in the universe, though it's far too expansive for us to have gone through it in less than a few hundred thousand years. So, good luck to you, LPS. And me as well, ha ha...
I also hear you're learning Danmakufu, how's that going?