Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240680 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #630 on: July 19, 2010, 12:01:59 AM »
so how long is the grind to be able to beat winner from lv290
3 weeks?

It takes about a week of solid grinding to get to the stage where you can start graduating from F28 grind to F30 grind.

You can start the F30 grind as soon as you can beat a F30 fight in less than a minute.

I beat the Winner at Lv650~700, this may or may not take more than 2 weeks minimum, it took me around almost two weeks myself.

Thus, I think I can safely say Rumia's always been good and I'm the only one that knew it. :V

I already argued this with Ghaleon about 3 threads earlier than you, sorry.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Bananamatic

« Reply #631 on: July 19, 2010, 12:03:47 AM »
I beat the Winner at Lv650~700, this may or may not take more than 2 weeks minimum, it took me around almost two weeks myself.
So a person with an average attention span will take...
...a month

*sigh*

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #632 on: July 19, 2010, 12:09:18 AM »
So a person with an average attention span will take...
...a month

*sigh*

Don't feel too disheartened, you don't HAVE to do it at my level. I just went that high to be on the safe side because that motherfucker pulls off some really dickish crap and you may not be prepared for it at a level lower than 600, though you can BARELY do it at high 500s.

« Reply #633 on: July 19, 2010, 01:14:24 AM »
Leveling up each member of your party 300+ times is pretty much a grind all on its own.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #634 on: July 19, 2010, 01:16:58 AM »
Leveling up each member of your party 300+ times is pretty much a grind all on its own.
Special Disk lets you level multiple times at once, which makes it FAAAAR easier.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #635 on: July 19, 2010, 01:22:54 AM »
Special Disk lets you level multiple times at once, which makes it FAAAAR easier.
and we were expecting more exp or lower level requirements

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #636 on: July 19, 2010, 02:24:52 AM »
I already argued this with Ghaleon about 3 threads earlier than you, sorry.

argh..I'm not one to go out of my way to pull an "I told you so" but:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4187.30

That's my very first post mentioning Rumia.

You're mistaking where I simply said dark side of the moon doesn't deal a whole lot of damage beyond it's piercing effect:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4614.300

Further in that page I said:
Rumia's highlights over Kaggy is not dark side of the moon, or her magic. It's her excellent formula for moonlight ray, along with Demarcations heal and utility.

Then at:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4614.600
#615 I said:
I haven't used Rumia much yet (she's in my 2nd playthru's group though), but I still don't think she's useless. Moonlight ray's formula is quite possibly one of the best in the game for its delay (and sp cost but who cares about that), it certainly more than makes up for her bad mag stat. Assuming your target isn't strong against mystic, she's almost like patchy spamming silent selene.

I just really really hate it when people say or think I said/did things which I did not do.. haaaate. So I had to go thru hoops to prove otherwise sorry >=P.

Clearly though, plenty of people thought Rumia wasn't too bad, it's just the people who think she sucked were more vocal about it, kinda like mima fanboys >=P

« Reply #637 on: July 19, 2010, 03:53:33 AM »
Still at 18F, here's my current party.  For bosses I switch in Sakuya, and usually Sanae and Chen as well.

Does this party look alright?  18f trash is still giving me some difficulties occasionally.  Youmu in particular seems to die rather often before getting to be useful.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #638 on: July 19, 2010, 04:04:40 AM »
Whee. Alice is down! :3

I have to say that Wriggle Poison made a huge difference on this fight. I started the fight with Sakuya/Reimu/Wriggle/Patchy. Sakuya threw out a Lunar Clock, Reimu threw out a Hakurei Barrier, Wriggle poisoned Healing Light and Patchy began Silent Selene spam on Healing Light. I then brought out Meiling, Remilia and Marisa. Meiling tanked as usual, Remilia speared Alice, and Marisa used Asteroid Belt.

Healing Light went down with a matter of minutes. It took a lot longer to work on Alice and her two other dolls though. Once Healing Light went down I brought Wriggle out again to poison each target individually before she died. I ended up with just Meiling, Sakuya, and Minoriko out against only Alice. Sakuya finally ended it with a Killing Doll.

I honestly don't think I could have lasted long enough to kill Alice without that poison.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #639 on: July 19, 2010, 04:07:13 AM »
Still at 18F, here's my current party.  For bosses I switch in Sakuya, and usually Sanae and Chen as well.

Does this party look alright?  18f trash is still giving me some difficulties occasionally.  Youmu in particular seems to die rather often before getting to be useful.
I can't even tell who your party IS! >.< I see Tenshi, Youmu, Yuyuko, Orin, Kaguya,
Spoiler:
Yukari
, Reimu and... Ran?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #640 on: July 19, 2010, 04:09:56 AM »
I can't even tell who your party IS! >.< I see Tenshi, Youmu, Yuyuko, Orin, Kaguya,
Spoiler:
Yukari
, Reimu and... Ran?

Yeah, and Nitori, Flan, Rumia, and Mokou.

Where did you get that flan graphic btw? sooo much better than the one that supposedly suits the charagraph emulating SWR icons (or whatever it is)

« Reply #641 on: July 19, 2010, 04:26:37 AM »

Where did you get that flan graphic btw? sooo much better than the one that supposedly suits the charagraph emulating SWR icons (or whatever it is)
Everything's from the first post in the thread on Poosh.

Spoiler:
Yukari
, Reimu and... Ran?

In order:
Spoiler:
Yukari
- Nitori - Reimu - Ran
Yuyuko - Mokou - Orin - Kaguya
Tenshi - Youmu - Flandre - Rumia

Since posting that I swapped out Youmu for Chen, due to Kimontonkou + Spread Phoenix Wings pretty much equaling Youmu's damage after factoring in speed, with the added benefit of Itaden spamming single targets (ex. golems).

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #642 on: July 19, 2010, 07:47:04 AM »
I'm on F13...sigh someone shoot me. I hate this floor, the teleporter maze fake-binary gimmick is the WORST floor gimmick in the entire game. The encounter rate is cranked thru the roof. The slash divers and lolol paralize your whole party before chen moves bugs are fugging annoying, it just sucks. Other floors have harder trash sure, but this one is entirely luck based (until you can outspeed em)

Bananamatic

« Reply #643 on: July 19, 2010, 11:56:44 AM »
Still at 18F, here's my current party.
These icons look...all the same. Can't even identify some of them.
The default art suits the game much more tbh :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #644 on: July 19, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »
Pooshlmites updated my pack with a more fixed Wriggle image (which I fixed further and have been to lazy to upload), new Flan/Kaguya/18F/Minoriko (Although her old LFace I would recommend so it matches more) and all the SFaces)

It didn't help that I did the entire original pack in p.much a few hours because I was leaving town ):

Yeah, the original Flan art I used was pretty terrible. I really wanted it replaced and I'm glad it was.

hair/eye color and head accessories lol :V

REAL man can identify people in real life by their ONLY THEIR SHOES >:D
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #645 on: July 19, 2010, 12:47:08 PM »

>>http://www.mediafire.com/?gjjc1jhvezq
the SFace, for all the existing characters, different artwork for Kaguya, Flan, and 18F
*crap I forgot the Minoriko Stand and LFace.
*>>http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/891 can be used, it's missing 18F, Last Boss, and her friend.
*but currently, I'm too lazy Ha ha, old chap!

Only Kaguya and Flan Artwork: http://www.mediafire.com/?cy9o39z3czhkpz7
cheers  :3
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:58:19 PM by gakpakeerror »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #646 on: July 19, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
The default art suits the game much more tbh :V

alphes-style art is pretty nice though...

Bananamatic

« Reply #647 on: July 19, 2010, 02:11:59 PM »
alphes-style art is pretty nice though...
But when you use just the faces, you end up with a bunch of identical lolis :V

« Reply #648 on: July 19, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »
REAL man can identify people in real life by their ONLY THEIR SHOES >:D
Is it bad that I always refer to Flandre as Flansocks? :derp:

also, 18f just kicked my ass what do
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:54:57 PM by Esoterica »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #649 on: July 19, 2010, 07:51:51 PM »
Is it bad that I always refer to Flandre as Flansocks? :derp:

also, 18f just kicked my ass what do
Try again and hope the first phase isn't as cheap.
The people who think 18f is hard, they DO get owned by the first phase mostly right? Because after that I still think the fight is a total cakewalk.

« Reply #650 on: July 19, 2010, 07:57:12 PM »
Try again and hope the first phase isn't as cheap.
The people who think 18f is hard, they DO get owned by the first phase mostly right? Because after that I still think the fight is a total cakewalk.
9 out of 10 attempts everyone but Tenshi gets partywiped by Start of Heavenly Demise before even Chen gets to move.

Also, I know the "Don't use Tenshi because Rasetsu fist" comment is probably going to come up; my Tenshi has enough HP to survive it, and with a defense/mnd buff of at least 40% nothing else even scratches her.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #651 on: July 19, 2010, 08:12:50 PM »
9 out of 10 attempts everyone but Tenshi gets partywiped by Start of Heavenly Demise before even Chen gets to move.

Also, I know the "Don't use Tenshi because Rasetsu fist" comment is probably going to come up; my Tenshi has enough HP to survive it, and with a defense/mnd buff of at least 40% nothing else even scratches her.
what the fuck? I wasn't going to say that. But wow, I didn't think she'd have that much hp.
I honestly don't bother with finding a tank who can survive it because I find 18F does it to the back 2 rows just as often as the front 2 so...

Don't make the mistake of maximizing master spark damage either. Just concentrate once (maybe twice), and blast regardless of sp at the start, it's so much more important to get outta that phase fast.
Of course last time  my marisa got sworded so.. yeah.

But yeah, opening with that move is really cheap, it 1hko's most of my party too (in my last game), but it's amazing how much less deadly it is with a simple hakkurei barrier or whatever.

That fight seriously is super wtf hard on the first phase, then you get past that, even if you have like 5 people dead, the rest is pretty simple. Just don't mistake the last phase for a mystic phase, and nuke nuke nuke when you see it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:14:54 PM by Ghaleon »

Bananamatic

« Reply #652 on: July 19, 2010, 08:56:32 PM »
TENSHI SUCKS
TENSHI SUCKS
TENSHI SUCKS
TENSHI SUCKS
TENSHI SUCKS
TENSHI SUCKS
DON'T USE TENSHI

she can't do shit other than stand there and getting 1 shot by piercing attacks
after this point komachi isn't all that useful either except for the 26F boss, just pimp your China and you should be good. Good def/mdef, self heal, cures ailments, good speed, high HP.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #653 on: July 19, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »
18F is consistently dangerous, unfortunately, if you're at a low-ish level.  Pretty much every phase will have some attack that can screw you over.
But yeah, the first phase is easily the most dangerous, because it does the two most dangerous moves (SoHD and the physical attack one) most often.  The most important advice I can offer is to focus purely on offense and charge through most of the forms as fast as you can, but understand how his phase changing works, and allow him to survive in the fire phase.  It's by far the least dangerous, except if you've got a fire-weak character (Which frankly you shouldn't), and you can safely use that phase to recharge your defenses, heal, and even spend a bit of time focusing to recover SP.  Whenever it comes up, use it as a break period instead of focusing on offense, and don't burn that phase away until you're ready to charge through the final form.

That's how I beat it at <100 Highest Level, so yeah.

« Reply #654 on: July 19, 2010, 09:08:31 PM »
what the fuck? I wasn't going to say that. But wow, I didn't think she'd have that much hp.
I honestly don't bother with finding a tank who can survive it because I find 18F does it to the back 2 rows just as often as the front 2 so...

Don't make the mistake of maximizing master spark damage either. Just concentrate once (maybe twice), and blast regardless of sp at the start, it's so much more important to get outta that phase fast.
Of course last time  my marisa got sworded so.. yeah.

But yeah, opening with that move is really cheap, it 1hko's most of my party too (in my last game), but it's amazing how much less deadly it is with a simple hakkurei barrier or whatever.

That fight seriously is super wtf hard on the first phase, then you get past that, even if you have like 5 people dead, the rest is pretty simple. Just don't mistake the last phase for a mystic phase, and nuke nuke nuke when you see it.
Yeah, she's got about 6200 HP at level 87.  Survives with about 300-500 HP left.  I've never seen that attack hit anyone but first slot either.

Maybe you should look at the pic of my party I posted a page back... :V  I've pretty much ignored Marisa so far.  Tried using her against Mokou, but ultimately Patchy + Nitori did that job better, haven't touched her since.

Current strategy's been "Open with Tenshi/Sakuya/Reimu/Chen, Reimu and Sakuya buff, Chen does her chenspam thing, Sakuya switches out for another spike damage character like Nitori, Chen switches for Kaguya, Reimu and Ran switch in and out for defense buffs".

TENSHI SUCKS
I stopped reading here.

Her MYS attack (blanking on the name) is useful for removing 18f's buffs whenever it form changes, too.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:19:35 PM by Esoterica »

Bananamatic

« Reply #655 on: July 19, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »
Because 5-10% makes a huge difference :V
Just use your tank for switching.

« Reply #656 on: July 19, 2010, 09:21:11 PM »
Because 5-10% makes a huge difference :V
Just use your tank for switching.
Oh, is that all it is?  I never looked. :V

My tank is Tenshi, and she switches people.  amidoinitrite?

Bananamatic

« Reply #657 on: July 19, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »
But Tenshi is lolslow
her buff basically disables her(and defense ignoring attacks still kill her)
the MYS debuff works only 40% per stat(so you can remove 2 buffed stats and the other 3 remain on)
and her attacks are stupidly weak

Use China. Best tank in the game :V

« Reply #658 on: July 19, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »
But Tenshi is lolslow
her buff basically disables her(and defense ignoring attacks still kill her)
the MYS debuff works only 40% per stat(so you can remove 2 buffed stats and the other 3 remain on)
and her attacks are stupidly weak

Use China. Best tank in the game :V
She's not THAT slow, her buff's downsides are negated by the shuttle body I gave her, and she still hits harder than China for me (which she actually gets to do since she doesn't need to spam heals on herself).

Bananamatic

« Reply #659 on: July 19, 2010, 09:38:51 PM »
Well...both China and Tenshi have attacks for...the pretty effects :V
Having 1 person taking 0 damage while the others take a noticeable amount will result in the 0 damage being healed too...so I rather prefer somebody who can take all kinds of attacks, remove ailments(really, having one more use on a tank other than tanking is damn good) and heal herself when needed.

I dumped Tenshi somewhere in the plus disk. Every single boss fight ended up with me losing all attackers and having like 5 tanks without any damage output.