Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240651 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #540 on: July 10, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
I don't think any of the characters got changed at all unfortunately.  As for the attack animations, I actually think they got downgraded IMO.

With earthlight ray, I can actually see the pixels now. It's like taking a 64X48 image and blowing it up to something large. It didn't do that before. China's mountain breaker is now...invisible. I mean you can see the start and the end, but the middle portion is just GONE, am I the only one experiencing this?

Last (that I've noticed), patchy's royal flare no longer has those cool spinning fireballs before the big nuke, and just kinda has 2 slowmo ones sorta drooping down into the middle before bursting. I'm not sure since I haven't used her for awhile, but I THINK kaggy's fire rat robe shoots lasers faster, which would be a good thing.

The new music is hit and miss for me. I don't like the new town or battle music, but I like the new boss music so far. I'm only on floor 6 though so I haven't heard them all yet.

What other graphic changes are there?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #541 on: July 10, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »
The new music is hit and miss for me. I don't like the new town or battle music, but I like the new boss music so far. I'm only on floor 6 though so I haven't heard them all yet.

What other graphic changes are there?
I actually really like all the new Gensokyo musics. The early floor fight music is kinda strange.

Youmu's Slash of Eternity no longer has the blue circle graphic thing. And overall, all spell graphics just seem slightly spiffed up; like Remi's spear-hitting-enemy flashy things, really minor and hard to notice stuff like that.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #542 on: July 10, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
I swear to god, every time I reach floor 5/6 the music says "play ogre battle" to me.

Bananamatic

« Reply #543 on: July 10, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »
the new final boss music is pretty bad tbh

« Reply #544 on: July 11, 2010, 12:52:20 AM »
Youmu's Slash of Eternity no longer has the blue circle graphic thing.
Youmu's off the  team.

« Reply #545 on: July 11, 2010, 07:47:57 AM »
Special Disk question, has 15Fs spells been adjusted in anyway for what you can tell? Like the recoil on her single target or the gauge-dropping of her other 2? What about any other characters? Nitori getting another boost on Megawatt maybe Ha ha, old chap!
Nope.
Single Target Recoil is just the same no matter the damage dealt to the target (tested lol).
and the gauge reducing thing, the one is still emptying all others, and the other one is... idk lol  :V

I miss the blue circle on Slash of Eternity and the fireball on Royal Flare.  :ohdear:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #546 on: July 11, 2010, 09:06:34 AM »
Nope.
Single Target Recoil is just the same no matter the damage dealt to the target (tested Ha ha, old chap!).

If the damage from that is the same regardless of the damage dealt to the target...That would be a change, previously it would actually have a formula like 0.1atk - 0.5def or something...Well I suppose the damage you take is the same if you have the same atk and you attack a high def enemy then a low def enemy. But you should notice a difference in self-nukage as you buff your attack/def or debuff them.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #547 on: July 11, 2010, 02:13:02 PM »
I always thought Flandre's recoil was a specific percentage of her own max HP.  It always seemed to be to me, anyway.

On another note, I have a new laptop, and with that I can actually play Labyrinth of Touhou at good speed.  Strangely enough, the only time it actually lags up is that it only runs at about 75% speed on any floor where I've mapped any significant amount of tiles out - it runs all battle animations at full speed and everything and it's really confusing as a result.

Anyway, as a result of being able to play LoT "full"speed, I finally went and finished off the last two bosses of F19 (I shouldn't have trained to about 112 at 20F before beginning: I never had to actually distribute levels the whole floor and beat all of the bosses with just my standard exploration team with minimal difficulty) and am now staring down the final boss with a Reimu level of 125.

Surprisingly everything goes fairly well just with my exploration team in a test run at level Reimu-120 (Reimu, Marisa, Patchouli, Cirno, Suwako, Orin, Kaguya, Yuugi, Komachi, Alice, Flandre and
Spoiler:
Kourin
).  I made it to the part where all three additions were out, but got swamped quickly afterwards since half my team was dead.  For not having planned out a team or re-equipped them or anything that was actually pretty good results, so I think I'm going to try to beat it at 125.

Also Master Light Wings can go die in a fire.  I can very nearly clean his clock with that team but I always time my Master Spark too early and get Expansion'd to death.

« Reply #548 on: July 11, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »
If the damage from that is the same regardless of the damage dealt to the target...That would be a change, previously it would actually have a formula like 0.1atk - 0.5def or something...Well I suppose the damage you take is the same if you have the same atk and you attack a high def enemy then a low def enemy. But you should notice a difference in self-nukage as you buff your attack/def or debuff them.
Tested in 3.01 with Iku's buff (57% ATK & MAG) and 18F's buff (80% ATK & DEF)
both did the same reduction.

Welp. I did all of them. As in, all the LFaces and Stands.

That took quite awhile ;_;

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RWY9NIQN

Just copy this over the CharaGraph folder in your thLaby Special Disk, and next time it starts, boom.

Orin has some transparency issues; it would have taken a whole lot of effort to make that not happen, and she isn't a very good character anyway. Wriggle's picture was screwy too, I make her LFace less grainy, but at least hardly anyone uses her either. Minoriko has no _Stand, I'm sorry, the source image was filled with other stuff (in a fake-SWR game) and the LFace was all I could do. 18F and Mari are not included in this as I couldn't find any matching artwork for them.

Besides, 18F is creepy enough without a better picture.
>>http://www.mediafire.com/?gjjc1jhvezq
the SFace, for all the existing characters, different artwork for Kaguya, Flan, and 18F
*crap I forgot the Minoriko Stand and LFace.
*>>http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/891 can be used, it's missing 18F, Last Boss, and her friend.
*but currently, I'm too lazy lol
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:44:11 PM by gakpakeerror »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #549 on: July 11, 2010, 08:05:21 PM »
So this is probably my first playthru where I have a heavy hitter for every element (except wind). And holy crap does it make a difference (especially with kaggy to double up+ those nukes). Every boss after Youmu (hardest boss in the game I say!) has gone down like a sack of bricks. I can't wait to see ezmode 16f boss thanks to Suwako's nature nuke.

« Reply #550 on: July 11, 2010, 08:25:56 PM »
Youmu (hardest boss in the game I say!)
wut

I took more tries on Rumia (2) than I did on Youmu (1).

And yeah, you'll have a fun time with 16F.  Suwako and Youmu tag-teamed that fight with Croaking Frog and Flashing Cherry Petals.  Doing about 100k each, the phases just flew by.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #551 on: July 12, 2010, 06:43:36 AM »
wut

I took more tries on Rumia (2) than I did on Youmu (1).
Rumia you can come back to and fight later at least.

Youmu's difficulty is entirely up to whether or not her half-ghost poisons your whole party.  If she does it's basically a death sentence.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #552 on: July 12, 2010, 06:54:24 AM »

Youmu's difficulty is entirely up to whether or not her half-ghost poisons your whole party.  If she does it's basically a death sentence.

Spamming that wind karma nuke instead of the flashing cherry one is pretty nasty too >=(

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #553 on: July 12, 2010, 06:57:40 AM »
I need to actually replay this and get back to where I was. >:

I've left this game unfinished for waaay to damn long. I was gonna try to cheat table some exp so I could make it back to 15F without much problem but I can't seem to figure out how to use the damn thing so whatever. I hate that I lost my original save file, stupid computer issues. >:

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #554 on: July 12, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »
I hate the final boss so hard right now.

Spoiler:
I can get to the final phase with relative ease, provided I don't get completely bullshitted somehow (The physical ad having some sort of multi-target super-strong physical attack, Demon Slashing Dance or something, came out of nowhere one time and killed my whole party and I haven't seen it since).  However, that's where stuff gets stupid.  I basically have to rely on the RNG because her power raises so stupidly high, and yeah.  I don't like relying on her not to use Overflowing Natural Power every fourth attack or Djinn Storm me too much, etc etc.

Also I'm sick of Maribel and the Status ad spamming me with Magic Drain.  It really stops being funny when they both do it over and over and 2/3 of my team has basically no SP before I've even gotten to take out one of the summons.

I should level up more.  Party level 102-125 is clearly not high enough.  Or, it probably is, I just don't feel like waiting for the RNG to be that nice to me

« Reply #555 on: July 13, 2010, 10:13:50 AM »
23F sucks.

at a random encounter, a Hyperspace Slash killed 3 party members.
a few encounter later, a Hyperspace Slash sends me to the Game Over screen.
that wasn't funny.

anyway, what's the recommended level for 24F, and killing the Sigil Boss?
and, should I start raising my Affinity through skill points?

Bananamatic

« Reply #556 on: July 13, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
I got to 30F with everyone's affinity in the low 30s. Tanks should equip stuff which boosts affinity resistance, sweepers shouldn't be getting hit at all.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #557 on: July 13, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »
anyway, what's the recommended level for 24F, and killing the Sigil Boss?
and, should I start raising my Affinity through skill points?
1. If you mean the Flame Tyrant, wiki recommends 210+, having at least one high-FIR-affinity tank to soak up Flowing Hellfire, and then PAR-locking it.
2. You mean you weren't already?  YES!

On my own note: FINALLY BEAT THE FINAL BOSS WHOOOO

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #558 on: July 13, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »
Well, even though I haven't touched this game since 2009, I've been keeping up with this thread for the hell of it, and have grown the urge to play it again, this time more knowledgeable as to how to play the game properly.

With that said, holy crap you can apply multiple levels now!  This is big since one of the reasons I became really complacent about my team during the first run was because of the pain of adding levels.  I strictly stuck with Remi/Reimu/Marisa/Minoriko, adding Sanae and Flan when they appeared, and never bothered seriously keeping up with anyone else.  I also remember setting a script to run for a few minutes to pile on 300 levels for Yuka to put her at a level to properly test her out.  Still took forever, so I wouldn't have bothered with anyone else.  But now I'll definitely be more willing to diversify my party (which I realize was something I really screwed up on during my first time).
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Bananamatic

« Reply #559 on: July 13, 2010, 01:56:59 PM »
Actually, Flame Tyrant can open with any move.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #560 on: July 13, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »
Oh, and so I can (hopefully) minimize grinding later on by getting this out of the way in generic floor exploration fights rather than dedicated grinding time, who were the characters who need battle points to unlock things?  Was it 200 each for Chen, Youmu, and Rumia, then a combination of 1000 among Sanae and Eientei characters?
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #561 on: July 13, 2010, 02:51:48 PM »
Oh, and so I can (hopefully) minimize grinding later on by getting this out of the way in generic floor exploration fights rather than dedicated grinding time, who were the characters who need battle points to unlock things?  Was it 200 each for Chen, Youmu, and Rumia, then a combination of 1000 among Sanae and Eientei characters?
And 200 for Patchy I believe.

Maybe.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #562 on: July 13, 2010, 02:53:32 PM »
As mentioned, I think Patchy requires a 200 point thing too.

Finally, you need something like 1500/2000 among the SDM/Reimu/Marisa crew or something for Flandre's final non-combat event.

« Reply #563 on: July 13, 2010, 09:51:15 PM »

Spamming that wind karma nuke instead of the flashing cherry one is pretty nasty too >=(
...I just started this game about a week ago and already the Youmu fight is haunting my dreams. I think I've got my opening tactic down by now, though:

-Start with Reimu/Meiling/Cirno/Sakuya
-Use Hakurei Barrier and Lunar Clock to set up
-Use Evil-Sealing Circle and Diamond Blizzard to try and stun
-Switch out Reimu and Sakuya for Remilia and Marisa/Patchouli
-Start using buffed Gungnir and Concentration/Magic Missile or Silent Selene
-Have Meiling alternate between Healer and Colorful Light Gem

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #564 on: July 13, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »
...I just started this game about a week ago and already the Youmu fight is haunting my dreams. I think I've got my opening tactic down by now, though:

-Start with Reimu/Meiling/Cirno/Sakuya
-Use Hakurei Barrier and Lunar Clock to set up
-Use Evil-Sealing Circle and Diamond Blizzard to try and stun
-Switch out Reimu and Sakuya for Remilia and Marisa/Patchouli
-Start using buffed Gungnir and Concentration/Magic Missile or Silent Selene
-Have Meiling alternate between Healer and Colorful Light Gem

K first off, I'm not sure but I THINK you aren't aware that the enemies actually prefer to attack the left, so you want Meiling on the far left, or at the very least, you don't want Reimu in front of her. I'm not sure for Youmu, but colorful light gem is JUST about always inferior to mountain breaker, but even then I generally don't have china nuke during a boss fight because her sp might be sorely needed for a heal, if you don't need to heal, focus if your sp isn't full IMO.

I never have much luck having Evil sealing circle par anybody in that fight, if you do, by all means. Though remember Cirno has a Par too once you spd debuff Youmu.  otherwise I'd just focus and/or buff def again/heal. Earthlight ray should be superior to magic  missle too whiel that ghost is up.

This is pretty much the only fight I feel is really just a big crapshoot when I'm on par with level (Reimu 12 IIRC), on a first playthru, I wouldn't feel shamed at being Reimu 14 though. On my last playthru, I was reimu 11 and Youmu almost 1hko my entire party twice with wind karma slash, and that was a NG+ which had a fully party of 12, including Yuugi (very high defense and high hp), Kanako (not a tank, but beefier than Reimu for that fight, so pretty respectable), and other not exactly squishy people.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #565 on: July 13, 2010, 11:00:22 PM »
Meiling's Brilliant Light Gem whatever thing will do more damage then Mountain Breaker against Youmu's Ghost Half, since it has a SPI weakness and it's so early game that Brilliant Gem Bullet whatever doesn't do crap damage.

Having Cirno debuff SPD helps a lot. If they move half as fast, they hit you half as much, and have half as many chances to lolnuke you.

Lunar Clock, Concentration, and Remi's buff are, at this point in the game, REALLY not worth using. Sakuya can do good damage to Ghost Half with her Killer Doll, and Remi/Marisa will be much better off using all her SP for Gungnir/MagicMissle.

Patch needs to use Royal Flare if Ghost Half hasn't died yet. Same with Marisa and Earthlight Ray. You want it out of the battle ASAP, preferably using Multihit/Row attacks so you hit Youmu too.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #566 on: July 13, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »
So I've been having fun with Special Disk the past couple of weeks.  New music is pretty catchy from what I've heard so far.  So is being able to sell excess equips.

Been doing the usual 27F mob genocide ritual with Flandre.  Reimu's at lv434 right now.

Current team (Which should hopefully be final unless I manage to find some other random person to sub in for someone in my team):

Remilia
Spoiler:
Rinnosuke
Reimu
Ran
Sanae
Nitori
Yuugi
Flandre
Marisa
Sakuya
Kanako
Eiki

The only one I might consider switching for someone else is Sanae.  Between Ran and Sakuya, I've got Miracle Fruit's effects covered basically.  As for Yasaka's Divine Wind...well, the status curing is largely nullified because I basically make sure everyone is immune to all the really nasty status effects anyways.  I think all of two , maybe three people, don't have 34 PSN resist and a few others not at 34 StatDrop resistance.  That'd leave the healing as the only good side which...well, kinda slow isn't it?

I was thinking dropping her for either Minoriko for quicker healing spells or
Spoiler:
Renko
as a backup buffer incase Ran runs out of SP or is otherwise incapacitated.

Although as I was typing this, I decided to try attempting the first 30F boss, Serpent of Chaos with my team for kicks.  Besides the nice music SoC gets for this fight...I managed to win?  Wasn't expecting that.  Phase #2 and #3 were a little nerve wracking (Reimu getting Destroy Magic'd during 3rd phase was not pretty), but I somehow managed to win with smart usage of my big nukers and tanking most of its attacks with a few characters (Got a little too close here too).

The only casualty was Sakuya taking a Scourge to the face for like 2.2m dmg during the 3rd phase.

As if winning that fight wasn't sweet enough, SoC forked over its drop.  Oh yeah.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #567 on: July 14, 2010, 12:50:28 AM »
Meiling's Brilliant Light Gem whatever thing will do more damage then Mountain Breaker against Youmu's Ghost Half, since it has a SPI weakness and it's so early game that Brilliant Gem Bullet whatever doesn't do crap damage.

That's not necessarily all that takes for it to be worthwhile though. It also has reasonable physical defense, and spi weakness or not, alot of damage gets mitigated because that spell has really bad defense piercing capability. It depends on Meiling's atk levels really.

Having Cirno debuff SPD helps a lot. If they move half as fast, they hit you half as much, and have half as many chances to lolnuke you.

Lunar Clock, Concentration, and Remi's buff are, at this point in the game, REALLY not worth using. Sakuya can do good damage to Ghost Half with her Killer Doll, and Remi/Marisa will be much better off using all her SP for Gungnir/MagicMissle.
Youmu herself has fairly high defense, it's possible killing doll hits her for 0, so..lunar clock might actually be worth using in that case. If not, yeah I wouldn't either. Concentration I can agree with, same with Remi's buff. But Reimu's def buff is absolutely key IMO. Without it, karma wind slash will 0hko your whole party most likely, and her regular nukes will hit for very little. The amount of damage prevented using that buff will far outweigh the amount you'll need to heal.

« Reply #568 on: July 14, 2010, 01:35:08 AM »
I should really get back into this.  Still on 18F.

So I take it Rumia hasn't changed at all?  I found her damage output with Moonlight Ray to be rather impressive in 2.04/2.06, and demarcation currently heals a little over 1k I think.  She's in her very low 80s (too lazy to check).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #569 on: July 14, 2010, 01:58:17 AM »
There's a reason I specifically said "against Youmu's Ghost Half" for Sakuya and Meiling's attacks :V