Author Topic: SoEW English Patch, Release 2  (Read 18130 times)

SoEW English Patch, Release 2
« on: September 09, 2010, 05:00:09 AM »
♫On the second day of Cirrrrrno a stranger gave to me...

Project Shrine Maiden 2: Story of Eastern Wonderland English Patch
Release Candidate 2
Touhou.net mirror

Mostly untested typo fix

♫And that's all that I could really need!  :V

Hey all, new release. Just about everything already in the patch has been revamped, the support for the Anex font has been improved, the HUD and on-field score graphics have been translated, bugs and omissions have been fixed, and the readme actually has adequate instructions this time. I think
Full changelog, credits, and instructions are in the readme.

...but as usual, I'd like to thank Nyyl out in the open for his initiative in starting this whole thing(Thanks Nyyl!), and bug ?lice Bl?ckb?rn over the PNG -> .pi image converter that I never got(I'm still looking at you).  :derp:

As before, this will be the main hub for feedback and bug reports regarding the patch. The old topic is over here.

So come on everybody, grab the patch and sing along!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:15:36 PM by Prime 2.0 »
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
Re: SoEW English Patch, Release 2
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 05:19:53 AM »
Yay!
We'll finally get to read what they're saying in ending dialogues.

Thanks Very Much! >w<
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for getting this out.

better hosting coming soon, I promise

What could be better hosting than MediaFire?

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 05:29:20 PM »
Is the when you're hosting the same as the one you gave me to test?

Also, happy cirno day!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 03:26:08 AM »
Aah, good to see this has reached a full release. I may actually get around to downloading this and playing SoEW again. :V

Any idea when you'll be moving on to the rest of the PC-98 games?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 06:28:24 AM »
Aah, good to see this has reached a full release. I may actually get around to downloading this and playing SoEW again. :V

Any idea when you'll be moving on to the rest of the PC-98 games?
Well if the Mystic Square/Lotus Land Story team will have me, I'd gladly help out there. It's possible they don't have anything for me to do anymore though, lol.

As for Touhou 3, that depends on whether or not I can get someone to write an packer/unpacker for its Japanese letters file, and if I could get NForza to do that revision of the wiki's translations that he said he would get around to if someone started making a patch. I'd just take it from there then, I guess. My big worry on that end is that as of LLS, ZUN stopped leaving empty space around a lot of strings in the executables, which severely limited my ability to replace text in there. If the same were true of PoDD, you'd probably only see dialogue translations, as I have yet to find someone who can modify pointers in the PC98 architecture.

StainGlass

• Not the only one
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 01:01:29 AM »
Thanks again for your hard work! =)
*downloads*

MaronaPossessed

• I am free to dream of my own dream
  • and so I shall dream
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 07:00:26 PM »
Thank you Prime for continuing your hard work...and the others that are working with you (such as Nforza). I played through using anex on Reimu B and it went well.

Just a reminder for those who have trouble putting the file on editdisk: if you have trouble, use microsoft applocale or come find me on Touhou Wikia as MaronaPossessed. (I've hardly been on here).

Can't wait for english patch on TH03...Fluffy Ellen >w<

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »
...but as usual, I'd like to thank Nyyl out in the open for her initiative in starting this whole thing(Thanks Nyyl!)
he*  :derp:
but honestly, I should be thanking you for picking the whole thing up, since really all I did was walk in and dump a bunch of half-baked junk on the floor
nice work :D

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 01:51:12 AM »
Hey, I noticed an error in the patching instructions in the readme file:

6. Drag and drop the extracted "MAIN", "MAINE", "OP", and "東方封魔.録" files from your desktop into the DiskEdit window. Replace all files.

The files aren't on your desktop, they're in either the "Anex86 - font assisted" or "T98-Next - font independant" folders.

If you're using Anex86 with the image file, do you have to copy and paste the files from the "Anex86 - font assisted" folder instead of the "T98-Next - font independant" folder?

Likewise, if you're using T98-Next, don't you have to copy and paste the files from"T98-Next - font independant" folder instead of the "Anex86 - font assisted" folder?

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 03:32:43 AM »
The files aren't on your desktop, they're in either the "Anex86 - font assisted" or "T98-Next - font independant" folders.
errm

*rushes off to fix readme*

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 05:25:34 AM »
errm

*rushes off to fix readme*
Heh, it was ALMOST perfect!  :V
Got a good chuckle out of that.  :D
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

MaronaPossessed

• I am free to dream of my own dream
  • and so I shall dream
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
but honestly, I should be thanking you for picking the whole thing up, since really all I did was walk in and dump a bunch of half-baked junk on the floor
nice work :D

Gah! Sorry. Thank you as well

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 05:01:15 AM »
After failing miserably on lunatic mode, I noticed the credits are still japanese. Any reason for this, like not enough room? I'm just curious, that's all.
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 10:01:49 AM »
After failing miserably on lunatic mode, I noticed the credits are still japanese. Any reason for this, like not enough room? I'm just curious, that's all.

It's mentioned in the readme, I believe; not all of the credits headers were changed owing to a lack of space, and obviously romanizing the names of the people there would take too much room even if I wanted to do that.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 07:02:09 AM »
Something's been scratching at me from this patch just now, when I was going through the music room, cause I'm making music files for the songs in all the games for my iPod. I noticed that in Mima's theme in the FM part, it looks like there's a typo.  "I think that there are a few points that that are..."

Unless that's the way it's supposed to be, it doesn't look right. I was using the Next patch part, but I checked out the Anex patch part and it's the same.
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 09:13:05 PM »
Something's been scratching at me from this patch just now, when I was going through the music room, cause I'm making music files for the songs in all the games for my iPod. I noticed that in Mima's theme in the FM part, it looks like there's a typo.  "I think that there are a few points that that are..."

Unless that's the way it's supposed to be, it doesn't look right. I was using the Next patch part, but I checked out the Anex patch part and it's the same.

I'm amazed that it took this long for someone(myself included) to catch this.  ::)
That said, I've whipped up a fix for it, though it's not entirely tested, so you should keep a backup.
On the other hand, my definition of fully tested is a run of the game on every shot type to see every ending on every emulator, including the extra stage.

So, here you go.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:32:44 PM by Prime 2.0 »

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 04:00:16 PM »
Are there any plans for another RC/final version/whatever or is that hotfix pretty much the only intention you have of updating the game past RC2 unless someone finds something else?

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 03:57:23 AM »
Are there any plans for another RC/final version/whatever or is that hotfix pretty much the only intention you have of updating the game past RC2 unless someone finds something else?

No further progress is possible until either I have a working .PNG -> .PI image converter and/or someone who can modify pointers in the PC98 architecture. I don't expect to come by either of those things soon, and it's possible that I might never find those things.

So all that really leaves me with is to help with any foreign language patches that pop up, and to put together some documentation so that other people can modify the game on their own.

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »
Ah, right, I forgot you were having issues with that stuff in the other thread. Okay, thanks. I was just curious.