Author Topic: [Music] Lyrica's Toho Piano Lounge  (Read 3555 times)

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
[Music] Lyrica's Toho Piano Lounge
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:30:12 PM »
well not really seeing as though I only have, what like two songs up so far  :V

But I've been playing the piano since a tender age of 4, and only recently decided to switch from classical to whatever the technical term for this is.

Anyway, here's da linkz (Yes. I do realize the Youtube nick is stupid. But hey people remember it so yay.)

U.N. Owen Was Her?
Delicious Medley

Now as for the medley itself, I'm looking on how to 1) improve the transitions and 2) possibly add something in between Shanghai Alice and Lunar Dial so that my wrists of absolutely no endurance whatsoever don't die. Also the ending seems a bit cliche.

Either way, I already have the basic plans down for a bunch more songs, and there will be more videos up eventually (Not for the next few weeks though- marching band gave me a sprained wrist  :ohdear:)

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Re: [Music] Lyrica's Toho Piano Lounge
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 12:11:28 AM »
Haha wow, given squidy a run for his money~

These are wonderful amiga, look forward to hearing more. And I love medleys =p so we should totally jam sometime. If you have any interest in taking part in a collaboration album, I think this is definitely up to snuff.

A+~

PC

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:43:19 AM »
Thanks!

Yeah, I'd definitely be up for a collab sometime. Just need to get a piano that's in tune and doesn't sound like a creaky mess first. ^^

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:31:36 AM »
Ah! Beautiful piano pieces~  :3

Have you seen the Atelier Album Project ? You should join it~

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 03:57:28 PM »
incredible skills sis, i hope i'll once reach your level of skill :D

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »
.....I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

But seriously, these are damn good. My only gripe is that you're playing the themes pretty much exactly as the originals were, rather than mixing it up and arranging them. Do that and you'll go from 8.5 to 10 in my book.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Drake

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 05:27:37 PM »
Your U.N. Owen was quite accurate, and I actually liked that about it. I didn't like the chord at 1:08 though, and probably could have used an ending instead of stopping after the solo. Good job anyways.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »
:* :* :* :*

I love watching people play piano. Especially this well.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

PC

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 10:35:55 PM »
Thank you everybody! Wasn't expecting this level of appreciation  :blush:

Autumn: Heh, I don't think my camera/instrument has high enough quality for that. Maybe in a few years if it's still around by then, sure.

Squiddy:  Er-  :ohdear:

also yeah you're right about the whole arrange thing- I actually did U.N. Owen to help build my endurance for other stuffs, and went for the  "modding sheet music and picking the other half out by ear" route. Will give mixing a try next time though.

Drake: herp derp (Nice mistake catch :V ) Also good call with the ending.

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 04:18:12 AM »
One thing I can't do in piano is Touhou by ear :ohdear:

Great playing! I've actually got a duet sheet (transcribed by yours truly) if ya want it (for the project? I dunno) :/

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 12:55:38 PM »
Some here and there (uhh, would it help/be better if I actually point them out? >.<;; ),
but I'm loving the medley~, especially the part of EoSD Stage 2 theme / Lunate Elf Meiling's Theme, Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17! :*

Also from EoSD themes, it jumped to SA themes. Just noticed :3

Aaaahahah, makes me want to try a medley myself! >////////<
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:50:15 AM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer