Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 285170 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #390 on: June 05, 2011, 05:59:22 AM »
You could also attach your version of a few files here like you did for the flying one for me. It worked fine after you gave me your copy.
Ah, that works too! Will get to that once I get onto my x201's Win7, since it's much easier to find the right files (have a clean copy of the modded files without my own additions), while my Mac has just a 100% stock and heavily modded versions (not the original files Squid gave).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:16:58 AM by HARU Channel Syndications »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

pineyappled

« Reply #391 on: June 05, 2011, 06:26:13 PM »
Can someone post the readme as a seperate download? I can't find mine...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2011, 06:35:22 PM »
Can someone post the readme as a seperate download? I can't find mine...
Attached.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2011, 08:13:27 PM »
OK...
Try re-copying the entire contents of the CLEO and models folders from the Touhou GTA archive over to your install, overwriting anything in the process.

I do not want to change San Andreas now but i combined some files from mod with my game and musou work! i tried to use flight but game crash.
help please.

Sorry for my english i am not american

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #394 on: June 05, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »
I do not want to change San Andreas now but i combined some files from mod with my game and musou work! i tried to use flight but game crash.
help please.

Sorry for my english i am not american
No problems with bad English...I'm not from the US (or an English-speaking country) either ^^

Flight tends to be a problematic one.
Try the attached file in this post.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2011, 09:04:39 PM »
No problems with bad English...I'm not from the US (or an English-speaking country) either ^^

Flight tends to be a problematic one.
Try the attached file in this post.

I think the flying.cleo file may be getting corrupted during extraction
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #396 on: June 05, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »
I think the flying.cleo file may be getting corrupted during extraction
You're referring to the original archives, right? That may be the case.
On the other hand, my posted one worked fine for you and me, so it should be fine.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #397 on: June 06, 2011, 02:47:37 AM »
You're referring to the original archives, right? That may be the case.
On the other hand, my posted one worked fine for you and me, so it should be fine.

Referring to the original archives, yes. Currently on Puppy Linux for tonight cause I don't fee like setting up anything right now. I got some online homework, then some anime to watch. I don't have time for setting things up again.
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

« Reply #398 on: June 08, 2011, 05:38:04 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks a TON for uploading this. This is so much more convenient and organized than having to download each mod and skin one by one. Thank you so much~

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #399 on: June 08, 2011, 06:02:38 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks a TON for uploading this. This is so much more convenient and organized than having to download each mod and skin one by one. Thank you so much~

I haven't seen the original guy in here since forever. I wonder if he'll even see your thanks XD
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #400 on: June 08, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
I haven't seen the original guy in here since forever. I wonder if he'll even see your thanks XD
I don't think Squidtentacle (the original uploader) even checks this thread anymore. In that case I guess we're the ones propping up this mod now :V

EDIT: Going to install Windows (both 7 and 2k3) today onto my desktop onto the refurb SSD, and then I can get to work. Also getting an idea of what songs to put in but I need more Touhou remixes (I have lots of WAVE, Demetori, dBu Music, IOSYS, and too many MADs and MIDI remakes, but am missing quite a few of the others too).
For songs with short web and full versions (namely IOSYS stuff and Bad Apple), I am not too sure. The former are better known and are freely distributed in PVs, so I'm leaning towards those.
Also I have decided not to put any of ZUN's original songs (WAV versions and MIDI if it uses the MSGS or SC-88Pro) simply because Touhou GTA is a derivative work, and ZUN has made it clear he does not want any original assets in them.

EDIT2: OK it was just Win7, which FINALLY works (catch is that I have to choose which drive to boot in UEFI BIOS...but it works).

I've found a Streaming Memory FIx which is really for high-res textures but should also work for our case. Trying it out.

And gah, stereoscopic 3D hurts my eyes (on 3DS...buying one from younger brother for $110 >:D)

EDIT3: Turns out this was possible in SALA. Texture issue (frequent blurring, render failure) patched, finally!
The issue was that the original game had a 50MB limit on streaming textures. I upped it to 1024, and we're going well (though even 256 was OK, this is to accomodate those who use long view distance mods). Also reduced stream.ini's memory usage to 1.5GB since 2GB did nothing.
It also helped that the issue was 40x more obvious on my new desktop and its 6870 than my laptop with Intel graphics.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:34:18 PM by HARU Channel Syndications »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2011, 08:54:55 PM »

EDIT3: Turns out this was possible in SALA. Texture issue (frequent blurring, render failure) patched, finally!
The issue was that the original game had a 50MB limit on streaming textures. I upped it to 1024, and we're going well (though even 256 was OK, this is to accomodate those who use long view distance mods). Also reduced stream.ini's memory usage to 1.5GB since 2GB did nothing.
It also helped that the issue was 40x more obvious on my new desktop and its 6870 than my laptop with Intel graphics.

OK, now how do I do this again? Also, I may need SALA upload attachment since I do not have the one I received before. Now that the problem has been solved, I must say congratulations, this shall make my day once I decide to use Winblows aagin. XD
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »
OK, now how do I do this again? Also, I may need SALA upload attachment since I do not have the one I received before. Now that the problem has been solved, I must say congratulations, this shall make my day once I decide to use Winblows aagin. XD
OK, attached mine (10-20x max AI instances, 1024MB streaming memory, no ads on load).

Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #403 on: June 14, 2011, 05:51:37 AM »
OK, attached mine (10-20x max AI instances, 1024MB streaming memory, no ads on load).

This doesn't happen to include the Windowed mode file does it? I ask for the d3d9 file
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #404 on: June 14, 2011, 06:12:39 AM »
This doesn't happen to include the Windowed mode file does it? I ask for the d3d9 file
It does. Adjust salimits.ini - change "Windowed" or similar to 1.

However, there are rendering quirks in window mode.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2011, 02:36:36 AM »
It does. Adjust salimits.ini - change "Windowed" or similar to 1.

However, there are rendering quirks in window mode.

I like full screen mode, so I'll just change that value when I set up Winblows later.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #406 on: June 18, 2011, 06:58:47 AM »
OK, thanks to the MC server being down I took the time to mod with GTA IV and SA.

Put several graphics and environment mods to the former and it looks a lot better, except that my framerate went from 40-50FPS (stock) to 10-25 (outdoors - and this is on a 6870)...not surprising given that even GTX580s would render similar configs at 25-35FPS. Alas I can't seem to get the Episodes (DLC versions) working (they're tied to GFWL, which was disabled to get mods working - not a problem for the standalone versions).

Back to SA...so I'm considering packing in SALA with the next version of this mod (more model imports underway)...except that there is one catch. SALA and ENBSeries (a DX9-based mod that can really enhance graphics) use d3d9.dll for hooks to the game, and while SALA v7.5 (I use v8 patch) supports DLL loading, overall it's not very effective. Though I could use StreamMemFix ASI instead, it hasn't worked at all for me, and moreover I like my 10x max AI limits.
And as for ENB, well, I don't know much about configuring it. By default (and with many different configs on YT) there's WAY too much bloom and motion blur.
In its lieu I guess I'll be including a "High Quality" version for those of us with performance systems which also incorporates SRT3 Final Continue (huge texture replacement mod, almost done) as well as Ryosuke's Colour Map mod (to simulate higher contrast and gamma). Though with SRT3, since I'll do a mass replace (over 1500 files) I have to then manually add back in the Touhou stuff, and GTA SA Ultimate Editor doesn't show textures in-editor on Win7 (but does on XP).
Oddly DOF and Normal Map mods don't work.

Ragdoll mod tried again, apparently now crazy cars insta-kill. Great!

Also found an ASI to fix the lack of 16:9 that isn't Ryosuke's Extended Display Mod. Yay, I get full 1920 x 1080 now! ^^
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 09:02:58 AM by HARU Channel Syndications »
Bad command or file name

Teetoku

• You should...
  • Take it easy.
« Reply #407 on: June 18, 2011, 10:12:30 AM »
Oh Wow, I Should Have Lurked Some Moar, Been Looking For This For A While Now =w=.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #408 on: June 18, 2011, 10:26:11 AM »
Well, better late than never! You're in for a hell of a lot of fun with this mod!
(besides this is how I got into MotK in the first place :P)
Of course, I doubt Squidtentacle keeps updating this, so...well, that leaves the rest of us to keep it alive! :D

EDIT: Easier way to preview models found! Thanks GTA Animation Manager! (load animations on the fly with any model I choose...no more reloading game all the time!)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 09:43:37 PM by HARU Channel Syndications »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #409 on: June 20, 2011, 04:32:52 AM »
Oh Wow, I Should Have Lurked Some Moar, Been Looking For This For A While Now =w=.

It's good that you've come to find it late than never as EP has already said. I too have come across MotK by trying to find more resource to this mod. I've been here now what, 1 and a half/two months now. I am no longer in the search for this mod now that I have joined this wonderful forum site, though I am following on EP's massive development (as well as his Carmageddon madness<---who wouldn't?)

Keep of the Good Work EP!
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2011, 04:35:58 AM »
Thanks for your support guys :D
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #411 on: June 23, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »
Thanks for your support guys :D

Your welcome....and I must say it...nice little picture there. XD The expression is priceless.

EDIT ICHI: Is that a cellphone your avi is holding? It looks like GTA...but with a cellphone?

Also, I finally got around to installing Black Edition on my main laptop. Japanese support come on back!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:05:51 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #412 on: July 01, 2011, 12:57:53 AM »
EDIT ICHI: Is that a cellphone your avi is holding? It looks like GTA...but with a cellphone?

Also, I finally got around to installing Black Edition on my main laptop. Japanese support come on back!
That is Hatate's mobile phone. It replaces both the camera and the cell phone.

Great that the install worked!

OK, so now that Squidtentacle has let this project go Tempest and I are now the de facto project leads and have opted to merge our developed/developing extensions to this mod. Once we get a sizable amount of progress (probably from him first) we'll put updates in a new thread, and leave this one linked as a "special thanks" thing or something.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:00:01 AM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2011, 01:15:39 AM »
That is Hatate's mobile phone. It replaces both the camera and the cell phone.

Great that the install worked!

OK, so now that Squidtentacle has let this project go Tempest and I are now the de facto project leads and have opted to merge our developed/developing extensions to this mod. Once we get a sizable amount of progress (probably from him first) we'll put updates in a new thread, and leave this one linked as a "special thanks" thing or something.

Would you make a new DL directory with the new setup, or would you guide users to use the main files from Squidtentacle and replace a few with the future development on your side, massively reducing network traffic.

Also, will there be a way to remove the limitations on the GTA3.img file for how many Touhou models we can have? If that limitation can be removed, or at least heightened,  you've be able to construct one large package for ALL models you have, maybe also including a CLEO script for choosing from an easy to navigate list.

(Then support for SAMP would be a nice project.)<---I can be the tester of that since I still have my SAMP server configured (a little) for testing purposes, and that I'm willing to help to fel like I did something, as well as have fun with it.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #414 on: July 01, 2011, 01:32:30 AM »
Would you make a new DL directory with the new setup, or would you guide users to use the main files from Squidtentacle and replace a few with the future development on your side, massively reducing network traffic.
The former. Given the amount of changes that will be done to gta3.img a new file makes much more sense. Even though probably I won't have the "various characters" versions at all.

Also, will there be a way to remove the limitations on the GTA3.img file for how many Touhou models we can have? If that limitation can be removed, or at least heightened,  you've be able to construct one large package for ALL models you have, maybe also including a CLEO script for choosing from an easy to navigate list.
As long as gta3.img is < 4GB we should be fine. However if I include SRT3 (only for the HQ version due to the extra memory needed) it'll be at least 2-3GB on a stock install.

The real issue here is in skin.img and the skin-switching CLEO script, which will read any model from gta3.img just fine but have issues with skin.img above 92 models.

(Then support for SAMP would be a nice project.)<---I can be the tester of that since I still have my SAMP server configured (a little) for testing purposes, and that I'm willing to help to fel like I did something, as well as have fun with it.
All righty then! I wonder if Tempest can help you here...I'm focusing more on the single-player aspects.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:35:01 AM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #415 on: July 04, 2011, 06:21:43 AM »
As long as gta3.img is < 4GB we should be fine. However if I include SRT3 (only for the HQ version due to the extra memory needed) it'll be at least 2-3GB on a stock install.

Jesus, the 4GB is damn near the size of stock GTA, let alone that one file, stock 950ish MB gta3.img

All righty then! I wonder if Tempest can help you here...I'm focusing more on the single-player aspects.

Single player will always be more successful, though implementing these types of mods for everyone to use online is rather only my purpose for wanting to extend support for SAMP, because come on, who wouldn't want to blow up other players with spells and fly around "legally" (unlike all SAMP servers that ban you for flying) or little girls instead of thugs and faggot gangsters. XD
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #416 on: July 04, 2011, 09:09:51 AM »
Single player will always be more successful, though implementing these types of mods for everyone to use online is rather only my purpose for wanting to extend support for SAMP, because come on, who wouldn't want to blow up other players with spells and fly around "legally" (unlike all SAMP servers that ban you for flying) or little girls instead of thugs and faggot gangsters. XD
I know right? Stupid Balla gangstas, their purple shirts are nothing compared to a gang of Cirnos and Daiyouseis! >:D

Tempest seems to be busy with things, and though I am somewhat the same, I'll try to hold up the project for the interim.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #417 on: July 05, 2011, 02:29:57 AM »
I know right? Stupid Balla gangstas, their purple shirts are nothing compared to a gang of Cirnos and Daiyouseis! >:D

Tempest seems to be busy with things, and though I am somewhat the same, I'll try to hold up the project for the interim.

Gang of Cirnos....the strongest XD
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #418 on: July 05, 2011, 02:36:11 AM »
Gang of Cirnos....the strongest XD
:getdown:
They'll replace the Ballas (Orin + zombie faeries), since they're so damn common and annoying. I also managed to find ways to change their equipment (albeit in save files, trying to find always-in-game method)...what should I pick? (up to 3, CS/TF2-style: 1 main, 1 sidearm, 1 melee).
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #419 on: July 05, 2011, 08:44:13 AM »
:getdown:
They'll replace the Ballas (Orin + zombie faeries), since they're so damn common and annoying. I also managed to find ways to change their equipment (albeit in save files, trying to find always-in-game method)...what should I pick? (up to 3, CS/TF2-style: 1 main, 1 sidearm, 1 melee).

Zombie fairies, huh...this aught to be interesting. XD
私は本当にお金を必要とする