Author Topic: Fangame Ideas and Concepts Dump Thread  (Read 19663 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fangame Ideas and Concepts Dump Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 05:55:38 AM »
You mean like Seven-colored Puppeteer and Shrine Maiden of Paradise character titles?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 04:20:11 PM »
Yeah.

Hm...Another thing i thought would be interesting if there was different styles of stages. Like one without enemies that jumps right into a boss fight. One with dialogue at the start. Also some  2 on 1 fights.

Drake

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 07:50:57 PM »
Inability to describe a character in a "title" usually goes hand-in-hand with a lack in character depth overall. Just saying.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »
Character depth from who? ZUN not giving them depth or me not portraying them with depth? o.o

Anywas since this is an idea dump, some of my other ideas which i didn't choose were as follows;;(Btw none of these have any official title)

-Sakuya's vampire hunt-
Based off Akyuu's theory that Sakuya was a Vampire hunter before becoming a vampire's maid. Typical stage number with similar bosses and stages to EoSD.

-Touhou Battle Royale-
A big danmaku tournament. I didn't think of  anything beyond that.

-Kasen Game-
A game with Kasen as the main character? No real planning beyond that.

-Yuki and Mai game-
Never really though about a possible plot for this, just that Yuki and Mai would be the playable characters in place of Reimu and Marisa.

Montblanc

• I'll drive my toe into your eye socket,
  • And I'll Spin in it~
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 12:54:44 AM »
I have actually had many, many different fan game ideas (none of which, predictably, have come to fruition thus far), and this topic greatly intrigues me.

I guess I'll start with my most notable ones, though.

IDEA 01: Touhou Card Game

Yes, yes, I too have dreamed up a card game. The principal behind was rather simple - you choose three characters out of your Deck at the beginning of the game to represent you. Those three are essentially your girls for the entire duel, as you do not bring out new girls later or anything like that. Rather, after you have selected your three players, other characters that you may have in your Deck may offer their assistances in the form of abilities and boons; think SA, with Yukari for example giving a Border-Bending ability to one of your three playable characters.

Primary stats for the playables would be HP, SHOT, DODGE, and SPEED. Your girls' powers and abilities would be enhanced through assist characters from your hand, Generic Danmaku Attack Cards, and character-specific Spell Cards. There would also be Incident Cards that trigger effects on the game as a whole.

The obvious goal here is to eliminate all the lives of your opponent's team (different characters would have different amounts of Lives and HP), while keeping your own girls alive. Important factors for success would be building your Deck around the characters you use most frequently (for example, don't bother including cards specifically for Yukari if all you ever use her for is as an Assist), as well making sure to pick a well-balanced trio, one with lots of synergy and who are able to cover each other's weaknesses. If you pick three powerhouses that all have low HP, you won't get very far.

I have a concept draft of the rules, but it isn't finalized. I DO have a finalized design for the cards though. I will share when I have access to my broken computer (haha).

IDEA 02: Touhou Chess

Now this is a very fun idea here, and me and a friend of mine have already drafted the entirety of the rules. Touhou Chess is basically chess, but with some added rules. First of all, your specific Chess Team is decided before the game starts - there is one team from each main game in the series, as well as a couple extra teams to fill in the blanks.

The primary principal of Touhou Chess is that every time a piece is captured, both players score SP, although the capturing player scores more. During a player's turn, they can forgo their standard move in order to cast a Spell Attack - this can be a Generic Spell which all teams have access to, or a Specific Spell, which only the character in question would have access to.

Here's an example.

The Generic Spell "Forward Barrage" is an attack which any Rook character can use, regardless of team. It allows that Rook to select any piece that is within its striking range and take it out, without actually having to move from its spot.

Meanwhile, Yuyuko's "Resurrection Butterfly" is a Spell which only she can use, and is thus restricted to the PCB Team (where Yuyuko is the King Piece). It allows her to once per game, after it has been cast, evade one Checkmate by moving to the nearest Safe Space. Spells will cast varying amounts of SP to cast depending on how powerful/advantageous they are.

Another aspect is the Team Ability - every team has a semi-unique ability (each ability is shared by only two teams) which is always active. For example, the LLS Team has an ability which allows them to score double SP whenever one of their own pieces is Captured, allowing them to fire off Spells in quick succession (on the other hand, that team has a lot of expensive spells).

Like I said, the rules and Spells are already set and written (with minor testing still needing to be done to ensure balance). This game simply needs to actually get programmed - I would need Sprites, Portraits, and most importantly, coding for a large, 3D (with 2D sprites) Chess environment, as well as the coding to implement the various Abilities and Spell Attacks.

IDEA 03: Various Danmaku games

These, I am actually having more luck getting off the ground. I essentially have three in the works: one where you choose from several teams of three to play through the storyline (and between the combination of all the playable teams, every Windows character pre-TD makes an appearance, as well as some additional characters), one that features a full cast of new characters to fight against while playing as series regulars (so the closest thing to an actual new Touhou game), and a Phantasmagoria title featuring canon characters as well as 4 OCs.

Between the three, I have the most development on the second one. In fact, here's a proof of concept:

And that's it for me!

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 03:48:20 AM »
-A RPG that manages to implement a spellcard system. Not really as moves/spells, but more-so actuall game mechanics that alter the battle field.

-A 6 stage (+Extra and Phantasm) danmaku game featuring all touhous as playable characters (and with three shot-types each).

-A danmaku-RPG game. You have spellcards (basically, your skills/spells), you dodge danmaku, but there's a level up system.

-A SSB-style Touhou fighter (featuring all characters).

-Super [insert th13's extra boss] Bros. 3

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 04:08:51 AM »
All touhous as playable
3 shottypes

ha ha ha ha
I'm sorry, but of what use to anyone would be 480 shottypes and 480 leaderboards?

pineyappled

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 04:31:28 AM »
I still can't believe nobody made Hoshi no Yuyuko. It sounds really fun, doesn't it?

A few off the top of my head-
Sword/knight thing- Youmu
Animal- Chen?
Fire- Mokou
Spark- Iku
Freeze/ice- Cirno
UFO- :V
Fighter- Meiling
Water- Nitori
Superspeed/wheel- Aya

Add a few-
A one use Master Spark? (Marisa can also be the Triple Star thing...)
Utsuho Laser similar to the one in New Super Marisa Land?
Ultra-Yuyu powerup- can shoot Exploding Butterflies of Death? (Sounds quite useless.)
Ran- can summon a Chen, who gets rid of weak enemies for bit?
Yukari- Borders, er, goes through the border and bypass walls for a few seconds? (Stupid.)
Reimu- Unlimited flight + weak homing yin-yang orbs?
Yuuka- Flower power?
Koishi- Only during boss fights, can make invincible to attacks for a very short time? (That sounds stupid.)

Standard orange enemies- fairies. Or maybe some random weak Touhous- Dai, Sunny, Luna, that other one, Lily, Rumia, Minoriko, Shizuha, ect.)
Maybe more projectile-based to up the difficulty.
Maybe enemies attracted to specific powerups (Yuuka=More standard Wriggle enemies, standard Yuyuko=less Aya/Mystia?)

Sounds like a huge pain to program, though, which probably explains its non-existence. Also full of stupid fandom stuff.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »
I think Marisa would make a bit more sense, since she likes to copy others and already has a star theme. It's just... I'm not too sure how the eating would work.

Yuyuko - Ghost
Utsuho - Crash
Bubble - Nitori
Water - Suwako
Eirin - Cupid (bow)
Hina - Tornado!
Koishi / Komachi - Sleep :U
Prismrivers - Mike. Three uses, three Prismrivers!
Yuuka - Kirby Return to Dreamland has a Leaf power, so I guess that works.
Kogasa - Parasol
Tewi - Hammer

Wow, I can't stop once I start thinking about this. :U
But anyway, it might be good to make abilities maybe only loosely based off of the Kirby ones. Could make things more entertaining.

Drake

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 07:29:12 AM »
I think Kirby would be the best idea as the player, guys. Just because it's a Kirby game done Touhou does not mean there is no Kirby.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:15 AM »
I think Kirby would be the best idea as the player, guys. Just because it's a Kirby game done Touhou does not mean there is no Kirby.

My Diablo game has no Diablo :V

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 07:53:05 AM »
Make the player Marisa, and let her have the thief/copy ability as the default.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Drake

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »
Then you get no Marisa abilities when you would theoretically suck her up. How pointless. There's even a zako witch enemy in Kirby. Using any Touhou as the default limits your enemy pool.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 09:02:03 AM »
Ah! Another place to dump my daydreams....hmm...

#1: Any other touhou game....'cept you play as a 'slap-on-the-wrist' loli-fied General 'Mackenzie' Granger.

#2: Touhou version of Change Air Blade NAO!!!

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »
If you really don't want to have Kirby as the player, why not Satori?  That's sort of her gimmick, is it not?

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 11:07:37 PM »
You could always have Mima as the protagonist, ya know...

Also, IDEAS!

Touhou melee:
-Players build a deck of 'fight' cards, numbering 10 per character, and try to kick each other's asses. More at 11.

Touhou Kombat:
Mortal Kombat themed Touhou game. Features Cyber-Iku and Tenshi.

Persona-Bizarre adventure:
Jojo's bizarre adventure-fighting-game-style persona game, with main cast consisting of P4 Protags and Shadows.

Bleach Danmaku

No Proof of theories, as I'm a simple designer as opposed to a programmer, so any of these ideas are free to go.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:09:35 PM by Momijibot »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 11:29:19 PM »
Actually, Drake makes a good point. Just Kirby would be fine as it is.

Anyone ever play Kirby's Air Ride? You know that Top Ride mode? I just thought of a Touhou version. It's basically a top-down racing game, though the racing stages are much bigger than the ones in Top Ride.
Stages include : Hakurei Hill, Forest of Magic, Misty Lake (race along the coast), SDM (race through hallways), Netherworld (with a stairs section!), Eientei (outside, with lots of bamboo), Youkai Mountain (traverse water), Moriya Shrine (including lots of onbashira), Underground (village and palace), Nuclear Reactor, and The Gap Lands (tumorous, fleshy stuff, road signs, and teleportation rifts scattered about).
The roads are pretty wide to make room for dodging.

Players gain Spirit as they progress through the track. One can use Spirit to unleash attacks. Each character has one or two specials, spells, and a Final Spell.
Spells release danmaku that travel across the entire racetrack. For the sake of balance, it's very simplified danmaku.
Specials are more specialized, creating things like traps or temporary boosts.
If you get hit by an attack and have enough Spirit, you can Bomb to instantly recover.
Holding the Charge button acts as a brake and lets you drift. Releasing after enough charging gives you a short boost and grazing-style invincibility. Grazing, however, requires good timing. You could graze on the fly, but if you haven't charged enough, your boost won't be enough to make up for the braking, making your graze counterproductive.

Reimu - Well-rounded, with tight controls. She can set barrier traps or shoot homing amulets or orbs. Her final spell turns her transparent and intangible for a period of time.
Marisa - Fast, powerful, but hard to turn. She specializes in the Charge bursts. She creates star danmaku and her final spell is a Master Spark.
Sakuya - Decent speed, poor turning, but fantastic acceleration. She throws knives and can slow down opponent speeds. Her final spell obviously stops time.
Youmu - Fast and has good controls, but her charge burst has practically no extra speed. She excels in attacking nearby competitors, and her ghost half can harass threats in front or behind her. Her final spell is a powerful dash attack.
Aya - Extremely fast and hard to control. She blasts whirlwinds or leaves them behind as a trap. Her final spell is Illusionary Dominance. While she continues to race, her afterimages fly around the racetrack trying to knock into opponents.
Sanae - Well-rounded, but is very slippery. She creates large, slow stars that take up big road space, and can spawn wind in any direction, which affects all players for better or worse. Her final spell is the 9 Syllable Slabs, briefly attacking the entire stage with a grid of lasers.

There are other playables which I haven't thought too much about, yet. Suwako, Kanako, Remilia, Yuyuko, Yukari, Satori, Utsuho, etc
You could probably pick up items for other special attacks and such, but I haven't thought too much about this one. Some would be non-playable characters. Some characters might be a part of the stages.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »
^I like the above idea.

With regards to the unthought of characters, here are some take 'em/throw 'em ideas:
  • Suwako-Low max speed, but great control. Her charge makes her invincible, but provides a poor speed boost. Spells focus on creating obstacles, while her final places a pernament curse cloud which, when entered, causes the opponent to spin out.
  • Utusho- Decent speed, Excellent charge, terrible control. Designed for straights. Spells are limited attack spells, final causes everyone on the course (including Okuu) to spin out. Final is ungrazeable.
  • Remilia- Very momentum based- bad acceleration, great top speed, and her control gets better as her speed increases. Spells revolve around breaking momentum, final is gungnir which flies around the track at 1.25* or so the speed of Remilia for 1 lap.
  • Suika-Drunken-good at acceleration and speed, but worst control in the game. Uses her black holes to put off other drivers, final is a massive increase in size.
  • Patchouli-Some of the most powerful spells in the game, but otherwise poor. Spells borrow elements from all drivers-final generates infinite spells for a very limited time.
  • Nitori-similar to Patchouli. However, all of her spells simply upgrade her performance. Final is a short-burst super upgrade.
  • Ichirin and Unzan-While Ichirin has good cornering, Unzan has better top speed. Charging switches between them.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2011, 02:35:11 AM »
I am getting tired of Kirby ideas..

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14318781
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7qy8nxEOGY
This game was such a great concept that was not finished...

Beef Owl

• Why yes, owls do yield beef:
  • It is known as The Strongest White Meat
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2011, 02:08:52 AM »
Kirby idea's probably dead, but I have an old idea that, as inappropriate as it is, would actually fit somewhat for Touhou gone Kirby.

First off, my Kirby idea: a while ago I came up with a little kirby fangame (or at least came up with the concept and made sketches) where everything was, instead of a fluffy ball of kirby brand cuteness, a loli. Kirby was a loli, all the basic enemies were lolis, and they had hairstyles and features to correspond to the actual creature (for example, Waddle Doo's had orange hair that covered one eye and the other eye was a striking black). Whereas in Kirby games abilities are represented with hats, in my version they were represented by outfits. If a loli had a power, they had a costume (i.e. a Waddle Doo loli would have a jester outfit for the Beam ability), and if they didn't, they were in their undergarments. Kirby would naturally have no outfit, and therefore no power, but instead of eating enemies, she would... eh... "frisk" them, and if they had a power (and therefore an outfit) would steal it :V Minibosses would be strong enough to resist this until they are knocked out, and bosses in general were resistant to this, or were male (like Meta Knight and Dedede).

Now, replace this with Touhou, and let memetic sex goddess and kleptomaniac heroine Marisa steal the outfits of her fellow touhous, and you have a semi-reasonable explanation for her to steal their powers and cosplay as them  :derp:  Perversions aside, it actually works pretty well if I do say so myself  :3c

I'll see if I can dig up some of the old sketches...

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2011, 02:38:17 AM »
Fund it.

locoroco1

• Amateur Spriter/Author
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »
I'm surprised this hasn't shown up yet. Touhou Crossing. Like animal Crossing, but with Touhou Characters. The Player can be Maribel or Renko for male or female. Yukari can be the mayor. Mystia can be K.K. Slider. Komachi can be Booker, and Shikeiki can be Copper. Nue/Yumemi can be Gulliver. Rinnosuke is Tom Nook.  Aya can be Pelly, Hatate can be Phyllis. Patchouli can be Blathers. Koakuma can be Celeste. Meiling can be Brewster. Reimu can be Resetti. Marisa can be Red. And so on, and so forth.
I made(edited) these:
My Short Stories

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 10:40:34 PM »
*Sakuya & Meiling: Scarlet Devil Cravings
Behold the Plot- Remilia becomes tired of the same lackluster meals so she orders her maid and gatekeeper to find new kinds of food for her. So the two team up for a culinary adventure through Gensokyo!

I was thinking it could play something like Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero.  Sakuya is the speed type and (of course) uses her knives, whether it be by slashing or by throwing them. Meiling is the power type and uses chi attacks. There will also be spellcards you can use to defeat multiple enemies. Once you use a spellcard, it will have to recharge before it can be activated once again.

Bosses, of course, are various Touhou characters and defeating them will get you a recipe. For example, the first level is the Hakurei Shrine. Defeating the boss, Reimu Hakurei will earn you "Hakurei Noodles", ramen done Reimu-style. As another example, defeating the boss of Bhava-agra, Tenshi Hinanai will net you "Heaven's Cobbler", a simple but scrumptious peach cobbler.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:10:15 AM by Savory »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2011, 11:28:31 PM »
This reminds me of Sakuya's Cleaning Adventure~!
Sakuya comes home after solving an incident to find that the Scarlet Devil Mansion is in terrible condition. The hallways are dirty, the maid fairies are goofing off and causing trouble, the library has accumulated an unprecedented amount of dust, the garden is unkept, and the gate guard is still sleeping on the job! It's up to Sakuya to fix everything.
Alas, she has no equipment with her but her knives.
So yeah. It's a game where you run around and clean everything. You use newly acquired items against bosses.
This is a top-down game with some puzzle and danmaku aspects. Players progress through the game by cleaning rooms.

At the beginning, you only have knives, so you move forward and shoot down all the fairies. Reach the gate and knife Meiling, which causes a bossfight where Meiling mostly just dodges your shots.
Going into the garden, you find a watering can. Water the plants (potted plants will also show up later in the game). After reviving the fountain with water, you fight Cirno, who has snuck into the mansion and deemed it her kingdom while you were out. Knives don't work. When she conjures an ice boulder to throw at you, constantly feed her water from the can until it gets too big for her to carry. It'll collapse on her, which will give you a brief window for attacking.
You move on into the library, where you find the duster! Dust books and shoot down fairies and magical, floating "rogue" books. Dust Koakuma out of a pile of books. Soon afterwards you'll go against Patchy. You really shouldn't knife a respectable SDM resident like her. Destroy her elemental stones, at which she begins coughing. Use this moment to dust her.
You get a mop as you move to the halls. Wash off fairy graffiti and clean everything up. There's considerably more fairies in this level.
You eventually reach Remilia's quarters. Although the mistress greets you charismatically, you can't help but be outraged at how messy her room's become. Remilia insists that everything's fine, and orders you to not bother cleaning the room, but your cleaning urges get the best of you. Dodge Remilia's attacks while you clean up her room. You'll have to use all of your acquired items.
Happy ending!

Maybe a secret level in the basement, where you gain the stopwatch and fight Flandre.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »
*Sakuya & Meiling: Scarlet Devil Cravings
Behold the Plot- Remilia becomes tired of the same lackluster meals so she orders her maid and gatekeeper to find new kinds of food for her. So the two team up for a culinary adventure through Gensokyo!

I was thinking it could play something like Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero.  Sakuya is the speed type and (of course) uses her knives, whether it be by slashing or by throwing them. Meiling is the power type and uses chi attacks. There will also be spellcards you can use to defeat multiple enemies. Once you use a spellcard, it will have to recharge before it can be activated once again.

Bosses, of course, are various Touhou characters and defeating them will get you a recipe. For example, the first level is the Hakurei Shrine. Defeating the boss, Reimu Hakurei will earn you "Hakurei Noodles", ramen done Reimu-style. As another example, defeating the boss of Bhava-agra, Tenshi Hinanai will net you "Heaven's Cobbler", a simple but scrumptious peach cobbler.

+There are also two difficulties. "Day" and "Night". Day being Easy and Night being Hard. They vary in enemies, bosses and recipes. For example, the boss of the Palanquin Ship in the Day is Murasa Minamitsu (who rewards you with "Curry Rice"). However, playing the level on the Night difficulty will allow you to face Byakuren Hijiri (who rewards you with "Buddha Bread").
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:09:47 AM by Savory »

pineyappled

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 08:43:50 PM »
*Sakuya & Meiling: Scarlet Devil CravingsFor example, the first level is the Hakurei Shrine. Defeating the boss, Reimu Hakurei will earn you "Hakurei Noodles", ramen done Reimu-style.
Reimen is an actual type of ramen. :V

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »
+There are also two difficulties. "Day" and "Night". Day being Easy and Night being Hard. They vary in enemies, bosses and recipes. For example, the boss of the Palanquin Ship in the Day is Murasa Minamitsu (who rewards you with "Curry Rice"). However, playing the level on the Night difficulty will allow you to face Byakuren Hijiri (who rewards you with "Buddha Bread").

Final boss on night difficulty could be Remilia. Her recipe? Flan-dre :V

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2011, 12:04:11 AM »
Final boss on night difficulty could be Remilia. Her recipe? Flan-dre :V

Doing some research, I already thought up the final boss. The Gourmet Goddess Mochi, based on the actual Japanese food goddess, Uke-Mochi.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:29:55 AM by Savory »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »
Touhou/Muramasa the Demon Blade, with Meira and Youmu as the protags. Meira traveling from the West of Genskyo and Youmu from the East. Concept would widely be the same as the original game.

Bosses would equal (Meira story on top, Youmu story on the bottom);
-Kurozaru = Yuugi(?)
-Ao Bozu = Seiga

- Oo-Mukade = Wriggle
- Wanyudo = Rin

- Torahime = Reimu
- Yukinyojo = Youki

- Sayo = Aya
- Ippon-Datara = Kogasa

- Tsuchigumo = Who else? :V
- Nue = Who else? :V

- Chigurui Bishamon = Mima
- Oo-Oni = Suika

- Ryuujin = Iku
- Raijin = Kanako (Suwako as Fuujin)

- Inukami Tokugawa Tsunayoshi = Futo then being blindsided by Momiji
- Fudou Myouou = Byakuren w/ Shou and Nazrin
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:13:14 PM by Touji Suwagata »
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2011, 01:26:40 AM »
1) Legend of Zelda-type top-down game. Play as Youmu + two helpers that can switch out at will. Spell Cards = items or Spin Attack replacement, can be selected from menu.
Controls:
Arrow keys -- move
Z -- sword
Hold Z -- Spell card 1
X -- Spell Card 2
C -- Rotate player
Ctrl -- Pause
Ideal players:
>Youmu: Fast combat/movement, low-range spin attack (Rise from Delusion), God's Slash of Karma Wind acts like Pegasus Boots
>Yuyuko: Slow combat/movement, but spin attack (Ghastly Dream) has high range and all combat is stronger; Ticket to the Netherworld could be bombs
>Marisa: Fast movement, slow combat, Master Spark as an item (need I say what it does?)
>Reimu: Slow movement, fast combat, slow mid-range spin attack, Fantasy Seal is boomerang (:<
>Sakuya: Fast combat/movement, low-range spin attack (Silver Bound), Luna Dial stops time (duuuuh)
>AND SO MUCH MORE!!!11!!
Depending on how much harder it might be, I might have each helper have their own hearts or I might not.

2) Grid-based TBS. Play as Alice/assorted units. Objective is to defeat all enemies on screen. Attacks will cover certain grid patterns, so strategic placement could be used to eliminate many enemies at once. (e.g. Holland Doll would hit all enemies on a diagonal from Alice;  Master Spark would hit a rectangle from Marisa onward, three squares apart; Fantasy Seal would hit any single enemy on screen) Bosses would involve avoiding similar attacks while still being able to hit for yourself, and also have a ton of HP to avoid spamming Fantasy Seal to kill them. Oh, and everyone would be made of glass b/c that's what kind of game it would be.

Either way, I'd script it in Danmakufu because that's the only scripting language I'm really comfortable with, and drawing/collision detection are really easy. Not doing them now b/c I have actual things to do and b/c I'm too lazy to make sprites/backgrounds/etc, but knowing me, I'll probably make them eventually.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:31:34 AM by Supreme Gamesmaster »