Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 2  (Read 46437 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 2
« Reply #990 on: May 09, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »
>I think the ones with the unsatisfied curiosities are us, if anything.
>Give another look in her direction, then carry on to the bus stop.

« Reply #991 on: May 10, 2013, 03:16:05 AM »
>I think the ones with the unsatisfied curiosities are us, if anything.
>Give another look in her direction, then carry on to the bus stop.

>Rin chuckles quietly. Ya might be right.

>Another glance back at the jade-haired shrine maiden reveals that she has shifted her gaze towards the skies, studying the grey clouds flying past, her expression distant, wistful. You wonder what she is thinking about.
>But it is an idle curiousity, and you are tired and hungry, so you continue along your way, before it gets any colder out here. You lean to the right to pass by a youngish man in tattered jeans lounging indolently on the bottom of the stairs, gabbing away on his mobile phone. The ramen cart has closed its shutters for the evening, which both you and Rin admit to being quite disappointed about.
>The bus stop is deserted when you approach it. Hardly a surprise, that. A glance at the schedule reveals that there is indeed one more bus tonight, but it will not arrive for about thirty-five minutes.

« Reply #992 on: May 10, 2013, 03:21:28 AM »
>"A bit of a long wait at this time of night, that."
>What time is it, anyway?
>Do we have any estimates on how much a cab from here to home would cost?

« Reply #993 on: May 10, 2013, 04:05:29 AM »
>"A bit of a long wait at this time of night, that."
>What time is it, anyway?
>Do we have any estimates on how much a cab from here to home would cost?

>"I think it's onea them temp'rary ones, 'till the trains're runnin'."
>About ten after 11PM.
>That depends on the company you call.

« Reply #994 on: May 10, 2013, 04:09:31 AM »
>Surely they're not all so dissimilar that we could not get an estimate?
>Do we have any particular one we favor?
>"The idea of waiting another half an hour isn't entirely appealing now, I admit."

« Reply #995 on: May 10, 2013, 04:35:16 AM »
>Surely they're not all so dissimilar that we could not get an estimate?
>Do we have any particular one we favor?
>"The idea of waiting another half an hour isn't entirely appealing now, I admit."

>There's a general range, yes, but it does very from company to company, sometimes by quite a fair amount.
>You do, actually. One of your fellow models, a pleasant brunette by the name of Lorelai, is the daughter of the owner of one of the middle-sized fleets in town. But their drivers are among the best, both in terms of customer service and in terms of getting people to where they want to go with the minimum of time spent on the road, and thus the minimum of money spent. From the Dragon shrine to home, with that company would take.... Anywhere between 25 and 35 dollars.
>"Could be worse." Rin replies, gesturing with her tail towards the bench. "least we got a place ta sit here."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:43:38 AM by Sourtori »

« Reply #996 on: May 10, 2013, 04:49:38 AM »
>Smile a little
>"I'm almost afraid if I sit down for that long I'll be asleep by the time the bus arrives."

« Reply #997 on: May 10, 2013, 05:40:40 AM »
>Smile a little
>"I'm almost afraid if I sit down for that long I'll be asleep by the time the bus arrives."

>"Don't you worry." Rin assures you with a confidant smile. "I'll wake ya when the bus gets here."

« Reply #998 on: May 10, 2013, 01:57:12 PM »
>"Aren't you tired yourself?"
>"I wonder if it might be better to just call a cab...."

« Reply #999 on: May 10, 2013, 06:40:16 PM »
>"Aren't you tired yourself?"
>"I wonder if it might be better to just call a cab...."

>"I am. But I'm also a kasha youkai." Rin says, almost proudly.
>"Get ya home faster." Rin says. "'course it costs 'bout ten times as much."

« Reply #1000 on: May 10, 2013, 06:51:39 PM »
>Do we know what the specific relevance of her being a kasha might be to the question asked?

« Reply #1001 on: May 10, 2013, 06:56:51 PM »
>Do we know what the specific relevance of her being a kasha might be to the question asked?

>She probably means that she doesn't need to sleep as much as a human does, or at least can ward it off more easily. Many youkai claim this, and your experience says there is something to it. Depending on the species, of course.

« Reply #1002 on: May 10, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »
>"That is true, but I think I shall consider it just part of the operating cost of our endeavors; I do wish to be rested for class tomorrow, after all, and I was scarcely so this morning as it was."
>Call a taxi

« Reply #1003 on: May 10, 2013, 08:47:22 PM »
>"That is true, but I think I shall consider it just part of the operating cost of our endeavors; I do wish to be rested for class tomorrow, after all, and I was scarcely so this morning as it was."
>Call a taxi

>Rin considers that. "Makes sense."
>The dispatcher answers your hail on the second ring, a friendly sounding gentleman who informs you, after you tell him of your location, that this company, Sito Taxi-named after its founders grandfather, you recall- has a deal with the four shrines for the benefit of those who patronize them. The short version is that your ride will cost five dollars less than it would have otherwise. You thank him for the information, and he informs you that your ride will be along shortly.

« Reply #1004 on: May 10, 2013, 10:20:37 PM »
>"Okay, it should be along shortly."
>Have a seat, and wait for the taxi to arrive
>And while we're at it, add Kyouko to our harem

« Reply #1005 on: May 11, 2013, 12:56:41 AM »
>"Okay, it should be along shortly."
>Have a seat, and wait for the taxi to arrive
>And while we're at it, add Kyouko to our harem

>Rin nods, and lets you sit first. You of course sit upon Kyouko, your latest conquest and new favorite chair. She's surprisingly comfortable, in more ways than one. And all three of you agree on the fact that touhou 14 is already not as good as it could have been.