Author Topic: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Night Three)  (Read 57642 times)

Re: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #240 on: July 18, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »
So you think I'm scum because it's a popular opinion? I am trying to get through to you that you're not looking at things deep enough. Being easily led and quick to accept public opinion is a good way to be alive in LYLO hammering the last town. Who else? Let's say PX and I are buddies and for some reason I am not trying to murder him. Who else is the BFF in our family?
uhhh
- Agreeing with a case =/= thinking something because it's popular opinion
- Why is there so much AtE in this post that's completely unnecessary
- Townies aren't expected to find the scumteam on Day 1!!!!! Really I'm not sure why people act like you need 4 different scumreads to have a solid D1, Edible's only been voting one player all day and he's perfectly fine.

Sure NNR can answer stuff for himself etc maybe but this is one of the scummiest ~token questioning~ posts I've seen all day. It's as if you're expecting more than necessary so you can seem like you're engaging. Plus you're explicitly putting Neko down instead of townie motivation despite talking to him like you think slash know he's town in the same post.

PXcut: you're still bad fyi

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #241 on: July 18, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
But Neko, you are doing nothing but OMGuS.
You're accusing me of rolefishing to try to validate it. Tell me, where did I "role fish"?
Really, how was I "fishing" for roles if you already claimed and I asked for details. Where exactly did I suspect someone of being a PR and then tried to get them to claim something?
You egged me on to spill my role details, when you didn't even need them. Miller claims are null in the first place, and requiring a fullclaim just so I can say I'm a Miller without people giving me an eye is bad townie play. I said I didn't want to do it, since it didn't seem necessary, but you kept prodding me and going, along with Shezo.
Last to mention is how you completely just forget that Schezo even asked you a question and you stopped mentioning him since he stopped mentioning you.
As for everything not talking about you, you just discern as "town"
Shezo doesn't seem important in the grand scheme of things. He was also joining in on the prodding me for a claim, which is suspicious, but you're worse. Also apparently it's a crime to not notice a question somebody else ever actually prodded me for ever again, according to you.  Right.

So you think I'm scum because it's a popular opinion? I am trying to get through to you that you're not looking at things deep enough. Being easily led and quick to accept public opinion is a good way to be alive in LYLO hammering the last town. Who else? Let's say PX and I are buddies and for some reason I am not trying to murder him. Who else is the BFF in our family?
I looked at your posts and agreed with other people's thoughts on them. Is it wrong to come to the same conclusion as others, or should I make a post on the matter regurgitating the same points? Quit your nitpicking.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #242 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:42 PM »
It's quite standard for millers to claim their first post and to post all details of their role.
PS: Lies and deceit
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2012, 10:31:12 PM »
Neko, how is asking you for flavor details of a role you already claimed scummy? There's pros and cons for it (possible information for scum vs. possibility of you screwing up the flavor if you're scum), but seriously, how is it scummy?
Similarly, how is fishing for reactions scummy? I get that you don't like it and think it doesn't work and so on; but how is it scummy?
And btw yes, claiming miller in your first post is pretty much standard by now (I think it is, at least); also directly claiming flavor not necessarily.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2012, 10:48:03 PM »
The same how is reaction fishing scummy goes to Serela.
And btw Dormio, you wanted to re-read me. Conclusion?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #245 on: July 18, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
but how is it scummy?
Oh hell no, I'm not going down this road again, this is the last time I get caught in that trap. Asking me "Why it's scummy" is like asking me why I don't like it. It's anti-town play designed to make shitty wagons that lynch townies and not scum. Anyone could have been caught by those "baitposts" and he could have made a wagon on ANYONE. If it caught on that would be a total tossup, or more likely, a guaranteed townie if he is scum.
Similarly the rolefishing was asking me for more then I intended to spill. Pressing me further when there's no pressure or reason to do it. Why does a townie need flavor or a fullclaim? He wanted ALL the details of my role. Town doesn't need to know if I have other powers.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #246 on: July 18, 2012, 10:51:33 PM »
ActionDan, if you have time to talk about how you have someone's views about Shadoweh you have time to talk about other things. What do you think of your current vote and the rebuttal to your speculation? Do you have any not-Shadoweh and not-Bard opinions or are your opinions restricted to those two? Are you going to do anything original or just jump onto existing bandwagons?

Both you and Shadoweh are my scum reads and I'm going to be pushing both of you.  I am not overly concerned with everyone else.  Suffice it to say that I am unimpressed by PX/Dormio/Schezo/Omba and think the NNR and especially the BT wagon are both bad.  I have not yet made a judgement on PX but I will vote Shadoweh and You before I ever consider voting PX.

FYI, I was at work or else I would have responded sooner. 

Your "rebuttal" is awful.  It's literally flailing.  Recap:
Your #28 and #29 imply more or less an equality between both me and Dormio for being bad by extending RVS.   Your #34 is an addendum on your view of my and Dormio's posts in which you give an additional reason to consider our play scummy:  for Dormio, you indirectly accuse him of being scummy by trying to hard to be a townie; for me, you directly accuse me of being scummy by tacitly claiming Scum.   For my case, it sounds like you didn't really think about that when you first voted me and it was more a post-thought.

Despite my response that I wasn't trying to imply I was scum, your #66 tries way too hard to fit my actions to those of someone trying to invoke being anti-town to suit your claimed desire to go after anyone claiming or implying to be scum.  I highly doubt your intentions because 1) claiming/implying to be scum during RVS is not that big a deal (opinions differ) and much more importantly 2) your #28 and #29 imply your main concern was the extension of RVS, not explicitly on the methods used to do so.

You changed your tune to suit your voting needs and are scummy because of it.
This got lost in everything, but the point about you claiming Scum isn't mine, it's BT's.
This is the extent of your "rebuttal":
1) I credited you your original reason for your vote, namely, "being bad by extending RVS"
2) BT might have jokingly brought it up, you used it unprompted to continue justifying your vote
3) It might as well have been your original reason ---->
And we have only 48 hours to come to a lynch. The faster we abandon joke voting phase the better. There's no added value in accusing people of being Scum over capslock antics, it moreso reeks of trying too hard to fit Ediblah's definition of Townie.

ActionDan tacitly claiming Scum is all the more reason to lynch him.
I just said that "Dan claiming Scum" would be more reason to vote him, not that it was my reason to vote him.
I think you're worse for claiming Mason Lovers after a game where both Masons (lol) and Lovers were Anti-Town aligned. Moreover, it emphasises a bond between Shadoweh and you and it's rather early to be weaving yourself together with someone.
You are clearly saying that I am bad for claiming something that invokes a scum claim.

Read the last two lines of the the 2nd paragraph in my case and tell me how you think you could have possibly have rebuked that with your one-liner response.

Don't lynch me.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #247 on: July 18, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »
Welcome to the Guillotine

ActionDan:    Dormio (1)
Bardiche:    ActionDan, BT, Edible, Schezo (4)
BT:    Shadoweh, Omba, Bardiche (3)
Dormio:     (0)
Dr. Rawr:     (0)
Edible:     (0)
huhwhat:     (0)
NekoNekoRex:    PX (1)
Omba:     (0)
PX:    Serela, Dr. Rawr, NekoNekoRex (3)
Schezo:     (0)
Serela:     (0)
Shadoweh:    huhwhat (1)

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Bardiche is at L-3
You have 16 hours remaining.

ActionDan

« Reply #248 on: July 18, 2012, 11:01:58 PM »
It's quite standard for millers to claim their first post and to post all details of their role.

Px you mispoke here even though earlier you did explictly say you wanted details only to the miller part.   

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #249 on: July 18, 2012, 11:04:12 PM »
Why is the deadline or lynch always at some godawful hour in the morning? Does every mod live in Australia or something?

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #250 on: July 18, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »
Asking me "Why it's scummy" is like asking me why I don't like it.
Nope. To qualify as being scummy, it needs to be something that's actually more likely to be done by scum rather than town, -not- something you wouldn't do if you're town. (Incidentally this also the reason why lynch all lurkers is rarely employed D1 unless there's really nothing else to go on - it just happens to hit town rather than scum way too often).
Like, just look at D1&2 of last game. Should be proof enough that, yes, town can do reaction fishing.

Similarly the rolefishing was asking me for more then I intended to spill. Pressing me further when there's no pressure or reason to do it. Why does a townie need flavor or a fullclaim? He wanted ALL the details of my role. Town doesn't need to know if I have other powers.
On a quick re-read, I only see PX asking you if you appear guilty to anything other than cops (if I missed something here, tell me). The reason for also claiming this is the same as for claiming miller in the first place (i.e. not having someone waste an investigation / track / whatever on you / avoiding a false scum result and the lynch that goes with it). The possible (although debatable) reason for asking you to claim flavor I already stated - it's possible for scum to screw something up in the flavor and subsequently get lynched for it.

--cut
Uh. Yeah, that is actually something.

--cut again

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2012, 11:06:24 PM »
Px you mispoke here even though earlier you did explictly say you wanted details only to the miller part.   

Because details of their role is clearly not details of the miller part?

ActionDan

« Reply #252 on: July 18, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »
I agree with Huhwhat's #240 100%. 

##Unvote
##Vote Shadoweh

##Unvote
##Bard

-cut

Px if Neko is something more than a miller it could be interpreted that way.  Neko is thick-skulled just like yourself, so these lovely misunderstandings spring up more often than they should.  Explicit flavor details can sometimes give-away if there is more to a role like that or not. 

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #253 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:55 PM »
Read over it again. I believe PX on that one, doesn't read like he tried to trick Neko into claiming stuff outside the miller role.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #254 on: July 18, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »
Nope. To qualify as being scummy, it needs to be something that's actually more likely to be done by scum rather than town, -not- something you wouldn't do if you're town. (Incidentally this also the reason why lynch all lurkers is rarely employed D1 unless there's really nothing else to go on - it just happens to hit town rather than scum way too often).
Like, just look at D1&2 of last game. Should be proof enough that, yes, town can do reaction fishing.
Town can do reaction fishing, but PX's reaction fishing was hardly any good. His results were more along the lines of trolling then actually trying to catch scum. "Lol suspicious posts" =>"THESE ARE SUSPICIOUS" => "LOL TROLLED xD"

ActionDan

« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »
Town can do reaction fishing, but PX's reaction fishing was hardly any good. His results were more along the lines of trolling then actually trying to catch scum. "Lol suspicious posts" =>"THESE ARE SUSPICIOUS" => "LOL TROLLED xD"

you literally just pulled a J.O.B

@Omba, I agree the intent of what Px/Schezo did isn't scummy.

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »
you literally just pulled a J.O.B

@Omba, I agree the intent of what Px/Schezo did isn't scummy.
Not everyone can read minds, I've never seen the acronym JOB before.

ActionDan

« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
Not everyone can read minds, I've never seen the acronym JOB before.

eh don't worry about it. 

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2012, 11:39:55 PM »
Well, PX is our resident troll, so.
That aside, it's natural that reaction fishing will not net useful or at the very least not very useful results part of the time, moreso if you don't do it in the explosive style of a certain player. I only got interesting reactions for part of the things I included into my postings, too. Given that PX didn't go all "Serela must absolutely be scum because of this", I still don't get how that makes him scum.
Asking people questions will only net useful answers part of the time, too.

Dan: That's reasonable and somewhat unexpected. Actually, I'm not going to support a Dan lynch today after this.

--cut cut
Neko: JOB is someone you're best of never reading or playing with. :V

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2012, 11:42:17 PM »
Neko: JOB is someone you're best of never reading or playing with
Come again? That doesn't explain what the letters mean.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46:54 PM »
Come again? That doesn't explain what the letters mean.
It's a player with that exact name. There's a few games in the archives where he participated if you want to know further details. Vanilla Mafia II is one of those, if I remember correctly.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2012, 11:56:19 PM »
This game isn't moving along anywhere...

I almost want to put a vote down on Shadoweh if my case on PX isn't going to gain any more ground.

In fact I may do just that soon enough.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #262 on: July 19, 2012, 12:06:15 AM »
BT is still scum btw.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:30 AM »
What's the dirt on him again? It's been like 6 hours since anyone has even mentioned him.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:03 AM »
Neko: :I

PX is a viable wagon (He has 3 votes and HW has voiced that he would most likely get on PX upon consolidating to wagons) and moving your vote off him onto someone else would be  :C.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2012, 12:16:02 AM »
Neko: He's been holding onto his Bard vote for horrible reasoning all game, for more details read the last few of Bard's posts, he's summarized it pretty well already.
You could also trust my gut if you happen to feel more comfortable with that.

Oh Serela, so you are here. Still waiting on things that tell me if I want you dead.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2012, 12:18:07 AM »
Welcome to the Summer Days

ActionDan:    Dormio (1)
Bardiche:   BT, Edible, Schezo, ActionDan (4)
BT:    Shadoweh, Omba, Bardiche (3)
Dormio:     (0)
Dr. Rawr:     (0)
Edible:     (0)
huhwhat:     (0)
NekoNekoRex:    PX (1)
Omba:     (0)
PX:    Serela, Dr. Rawr, NekoNekoRex (3)
Schezo:     (0)
Serela:     (0)
Shadoweh:    huhwhat  (1)

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Bardiche is at L-3
You have 16 hours remaining.
Rules have been updated for some clarification on modkills
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:41:41 AM by Affinity »

« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2012, 12:28:17 AM »
I'm waiting on a PX contentpost (>posting content >px but whatever) before I consider switching. If it never comes I'll probably switch anyway.

Neko, how much attention have you been paying to votecounts? Serious question.

« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2012, 12:31:48 AM »
Similarly, I'd like Serela to complete those cases he promised earlier.

ActionDan

« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2012, 12:34:16 AM »
o lol technically I unvoted affinity but didn't revote properly

##Vote: Bard

Don't lynch me.