Author Topic: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Night Three)  (Read 57630 times)

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
Re: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
Kaleidoscope of Changing Faces

ActionDan: Dormio (1)
Bardiche: ActionDan, BT, Edible, Schezo (4)
BT: Shadoweh, Omba, Bardiche (3)
Dormio:  (0)
Dr. Rawr:  (0)
Edible:  (0)
huhwhat:  (0)
NekoNekoRex: PX (1)
Omba:  (0)
PX: Serela, Dr. Rawr (2)
Schezo: NekoNekoRex (1)
Serela:  (0)
Shadoweh: huhwhat (1)

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Bardiche is at L-3

You have 24 hours remaining~

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
Alright, back and somewhat less angry at the game now.

##Unvote
##Vote: PX

PX made a bunch of crazy votes for unexplained reasons AFTER the game got serious, and then went on to explain "it was a gambit baitpost" in his #135, which makes no logical sense.

Wheee intentional strange crap done on ED1 and the only ones to bite it are Serela (lol) and Neko (lol).

Still have no idea if Neko's miller claim is true or not :\
Neko, prove your miller claim by spilling out all the details of your miller role, and all flavor related to it.
Your Schezo vote is hilarious, and everything else you've done amounts to nothing.

Serela, you're suspicious because the things I did are obviously suspicious. So much for finding easy scum taking the bait and trying to go easy. Now get to doing something.

I am going to avoid this Bardiche/Edible bullshit. This reminds me of something I've done way back and I want no part of this.

Omba, his last post is just enough for me to not vote him. Thus, my vote goes to.

##Unvote
##Vote: NekoNekoRex

23cutsg2g

He then uses some rolefishing action to get me to spill my role details (which I do because I got :mad: ) and votes me for a bunch of null/bad reasons.

Apparently making shitty posts gives you an excuse to vote random people who vote you? It wouldn't be nonsensical for people to jump at anything when early D1 has almost nothing to go on, making bait posts and then jumping on people who find them mildly suspicious is totally unreasonable and is in fact a terrible way of trying to catch scum.

He's scum trying to kill derptown instead of trying to scumhunt. He should be lynched.

Also Bard is town, we should stop trying to lynch him.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2012, 04:45:52 PM »
Neko dear, is there anyone you think is scum that hasn't voted you? <_<

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »
It's not his fault scum got on his wagon B)

Anyway I'm readin' and stuff now. Without getting into details (Which I'll get to after said reading and after breakfast and stuff), PX/Shadoweh/Omba are bleh.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »
huh what: Speaking of clinging to an early case you didn't answer my question. I'm asking you to look and answer instead of me telling you about my meta. Implying asking you to look at my play is me excusing myself with meta is disingenuous.
My answer is that it doesn't matter whether it's how you typically handle early votes as scum or not because people don't play the same every time they roll scum (read: self-meta is dumb). It just matters that it's scummy.

Shadoweh

« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2012, 06:17:23 PM »
Serela, the only people he's voted are the only two people who voted him. You don't see the conflict of interest here? 1 of those people you mentioned is a wagon you're already on and the other two are 'people are annoyed at them for voting BT for reasons we don't understand'. I'm proud actually that we've consolidated this much at the 24 hour mark. I am typing up an examination of the scores.

Then why did you ask me to point out something about BT's meta when you knew you weren't interested in it? I dislike being told to waste my time. For once a shitty Day 1 wagon on me isn't happening. I suggest you shove off.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
Oh you, Dormio.

...in more serious news, though.

Case on PX:
First off, he doesn't even try to defend himself over his D1 stuff, say it isn't scummy, or it was just shenanigans, etc. (Now that I reread it, it's not really all that bad. I mean, yeah, weird enough for ED1 vote, but.) Instead he just goes "It's really suspicious, but I did it on purpose! And it's really obviously suspicious! So the fact that you voted for it is bad, now stop voting me."

Only response I have to that is :I. But yeah, both his attitude about himself and, seperately, his reasoning for why I shouldn't vote him are both scummy horrible.

The other thing he did in that post is jump onto a suddenly emerging Neko wagon. (And yes, 3 votes in such a short period of time is enough to qualify in my mind, Edible. The third was PX, btw. And even if there was only two before him, more (like me) had voiced desire to maybe vote Neko as well, showing good potential for it blossoming into a full wagon, as well as Neko being someone I could imagine scum going "He'll dig himself his own grave" at, as opposed to someone who would be able to deflect a bad wagon, ~*~But~*~ that part is likely reading into the matter way too far, this entire parenthesis isn't all that important to my PX case) I don't really agree with his reasoning for voting Neko entirely either, as he says everything other then Neko's vote was a load of nothing which I can't agree with.

I'll get to the others later.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2012, 06:29:25 PM »
Then why did you ask me to point out something about BT's meta when you knew you weren't interested in it? I dislike being told to waste my time. For once a shitty Day 1 wagon on me isn't happening. I suggest you shove off.
My point was that it was silly for you to brush off my case over meta when you were doing nothing to make the case of "is this what BT usually does as scum???". Neither you nor BT have a record of playing like this as scum. It was a throwaway defense that looked like a double standard.

Those last two sentences read as an overreaction when I'm only one person and nobody is acting interested in sheeping me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »
I'm annoyed at you because you're doing what you're accusing me of, but I'm fairly sure you're town. I will be satisfied if you give your opinion on the current wagons and where you will likely end up when you have to choose.

« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »
Refer to #184. I obviously don't like the BT wagon.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2012, 06:39:09 PM »
Those last two sentences read as an overreaction when I'm only one person and nobody is acting interested in sheeping me.

I'm quite solidly sharing your suspicions on Shadoweh.  Just so you know.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2012, 06:39:38 PM »
Also I'm not fond of SCHEZO because there's been no mention of Bard in his posts aside from when he sheeped. Explain wagon priorities and why you gave up on a NNR wagon when it still had potential plz

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2012, 07:03:20 PM »
Neko is too derp to be a good wagon.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2012, 07:11:41 PM »
I also think the only reason BT is a wagon over Dan is because Dan has done fuck all today and hasn't talked enough to be fosed.

If it were me, I would wagon Dan over BT since I'm pretty sure the same things apply to Dan, just add on the unreasonable whiteknighting of BT as soon as the day started.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
So much coasting this game. Seriously. Pre-amble: Coasting is scummy and those who are doing it are Scummy and there aren't enough votes to go around to lynch all of you.

Schezo, why are you cheerleading Dan as a wagon? Your vote is on a not-Dan target with zero original thought from your side. Are you going to do this thing where you provide opinions and pretend you're reading the game? If you think Dan is worse than BT then why are you just sitting at the sidelines while the rest of us are voting BT? Are you going to come forth with Original Opinions or just bandwagon hop?

ActionDan, if you have time to talk about how you have someone's views about Shadoweh you have time to talk about other things. What do you think of your current vote and the rebuttal to your speculation? Do you have any not-Shadoweh and not-Bard opinions or are your opinions restricted to those two? Are you going to do anything original or just jump onto existing bandwagons?

Ediblah, are you going to build on that case or will you sit on "self-meta omg" for the rest of the Day and call it, well, a day? You say you don't like the BT wagon because of the people on it, what are your thoughts re: Anything else that has passed, such as Dan, Shadoweh, NekoRex?

Moreover on re-reading your posts:
ostensibly in an effort to be the early day 1 vote attractor guy who everyone forgets about later on once "real" cases have been made, or something.

This is speculation, you could also say I hate RVS and want it to end immediately. Outside of "Bard trying too hard to look like his Townie incarnation" your self-meta argument doesn't do much. It looked reasonable enough that I discarded it as such for a while, but I must point out a fatal flaw in your reasoning:

I also attempt to end RVS as soon as possible when I roll Scum as my hatred of RVS transcends alignment.

Shadoweh why the fuck do you have Eclair gimme back my avatar ;_________;

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2012, 07:36:48 PM »
So yes. I read the whole thread again to make sure I'm not wrong about Bard.

And the post-RVS (aka Page 2) stuff is in fact not as bad as I remembered. Calling out Dan in particular wasn't bizarro because he jokeclaimed, and I can imagine that getting on one's nerves. (*)The whole immediate confusion regarding "the Dormio suspicion" was due to Bard talking about prolonging RVS instead of the whole Appeal to Edible thing (which he mentioned in #34) in #43. That only leaves the weird transition from "you guys are prolonging RVS stop it" to "you guys are scummy" (basically what Dan's vote is about) which is just that - weird, but not sure if scummy at this point (could very well be to get things going). It would be scummy if he's still pursuing is, which is kind of true, but what he said later when I asked him looked convicted enough.

... This is the point where I would ##Unvote, but then there's the voteswitch. Oh boy. From what I gather, I'm bad for (1) asking about Dormio when the explanation was very well needed (see (*)), (2) talking about Dormio and not Dan (which I already explained), (3) not capitalizing on a question (when no such thing was needed) and (4) calling him out on the scum claim thing (which I still don't see as the point was brought up as a joke originally) . This looks more like a collection of things that somehow add to a very convincing "clinging onto his case". Of course, a switch was needed because the Dan vote was far from solid (RVS+), so there was scum motivation for listing a bunch of stuff and exaggerating. So yes, the switch is very much scummy.

Shadoweh is doing her best to convince me that she's more scum than silly. #212 is terribad in which she discredits NNR's perfectly reasonable PX case as "lol stop OMGUSing". Also "my meta" in #189 is baffling. I think the last time I posted a wall during ED1 was more than six months ago. I don't think it was an honest attempt at considering my meta (and possibly reconsidering) and instead was posted to support her vote. Would support this lynch. Oh, and before you say anything, posting walls during M-LD1 is meta. :derp:

About PX's baiting, it's as Serela says - terrible. People are going to have easy cases on D1. Being deliberately ominous so that you'll inevitably (yes, inevitably) get voted for it tells us nothing about those that took the bait, because both town and scum would vote you for that kind of behavior.

I think that's it?

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
My vote is on scum.  I can only vote one scum at a time Bard.

Do I need to come up with original reasoning when the whole case is laid out straight and focuses on why you're scum?  Of course not.
I do think Dan > BT but Bard > Dan so it's not sitting at the sidelines.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2012, 08:10:43 PM »
This is speculation, you could also say I hate RVS and want it to end immediately. Outside of "Bard trying too hard to look like his Townie incarnation" your self-meta argument doesn't do much. It looked reasonable enough that I discarded it as such for a while, but I must point out a fatal flaw in your reasoning:

I also attempt to end RVS as soon as possible when I roll Scum as my hatred of RVS transcends alignment.

Of course it's speculation - it's just educated speculation.  I'm building a case, not reading your mind.

I see your last point and ignore it out of hand, because it's simply untrue.  Your first post in Popcorn (as town)?  Srs vote.  Your first post in C7D (as town)?  Srs vote.  Your first post in Sword Girls (as town)?  Srs vote.  Your first post in PoR (as town)?  Srs vote.  But when I go all the way back to the last time you were scum (Vanilla Mafia)... Joke posts!  Multiple joke posts!  Wakka wakka wakka!

So, how's being scum treating you?

« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »
I'm not too fond of Bard's switch either, mainly because Bard cited stronger, less-shotgunny reasons to vote PX in the same post. Given that the BT wagon had 2 tunnelly players instead of 2 derps, it was possible he expected the PX wagon to crumble. Also Shadoweh's case-clinging is a lot worse than BT's so it's weird for him to ignore her completely.

I would vote Bard over BT. I would vote PX over both because his opinions were less than the guy he voted for doing nothing and because his trapping looks more like "hurr durr" -> "fuck off, retard" -> "XD TROLLED!!!!".

Edible

« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »
I should chime in on PX, at least.

His behavior is facepalm-worthy but it's more or less what I expect out of him for day 1.  He's also "contributed" more than Dr. Rawr (who has like one post) and hasn't spent the entire day going SUCK IT, GUT READ like Omba.  Consequently, he's relatively low on the wanna-get-rid-of-him totem pole for garbage posters atm.

Bardiche

« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2012, 08:47:59 PM »
mainly because Bard cited stronger, less-shotgunny reasons to vote PX in the same post.

I disagree, BT is worse for me.

I see your last point and ignore it out of hand, because it's simply untrue.

So I played RVS as Scum once, big deal. I probably did it as Town at some point, too.

So, how's being scum treating you?

:derp:  Might not want to be too convinced of yourself there, because I still flip green and that'd make this hubris look silly.

« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »
Why's BT's vote-cling worse than Shadoweh's, Bard?

Bardiche

« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »
Because BT accompanies it by twisting things around, misconstruing things and attributing his own words to others.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2012, 09:15:40 PM »
Neko dear, is there anyone you think is scum that hasn't voted you? <_<
You're looking pretty bad yourself, "dear" :smug:

I actually want to get a solid wagon on PX going. The case on Bard is a bunch of :words: and :meta: and voteparks that haven't gone anywhere since yesterday

I should chime in on PX, at least.

His behavior is facepalm-worthy but it's more or less what I expect out of him for day 1.  He's also "contributed" more than Dr. Rawr (who has like one post) and hasn't spent the entire day going SUCK IT, GUT READ like Omba.  Consequently, he's relatively low on the wanna-get-rid-of-him totem pole for garbage posters atm.
PX hasn't contributed anything more then brushing off content as worthless and rolefishing.
 There's no point in voting a player that's not here (the mod will inevitably deal with that) and voting Omba would just be a waste since there's players with actual scumtells around.

But when I go all the way back to the last time you were scum (Vanilla Mafia)
Bard was scum last game.

Three days ago.

Meta votes are terrible and you should stop trying to justify them at once. Especially aged meta from games that were months ago.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2012, 09:19:49 PM »
Vote cling is such a dirty word. You're certainly making BT more confident that he can suspect his wagoneer instead of trying to make cute faces at me. You don't stop voting scummy people because other people think they're town.

Neko: I think I look pretty damn good actually but what does that have to do with the question? I asked if you think anyone that hasn't voted you is scum. Don't deflect, answer the question.

Edible

« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2012, 09:20:41 PM »
Bard was scum last game.

Three days ago.

laffo

He replaced in, so he wouldn't have had the opportunity to post in RVS... <_<

Meta votes are terrible and you should stop trying to justify them at once. Especially aged meta from games that were months ago.

Au contraire.  I brought it up because Bard used it as a defense, nothing more.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
Vote cling is such a dirty word. You're certainly making BT more confident that he can suspect his wagoneer instead of trying to make cute faces at me. You don't stop voting scummy people because other people think they're town.

Neko: I think I look pretty damn good actually but what does that have to do with the question? I asked if you think anyone that hasn't voted you is scum. Don't deflect, answer the question.
You? The summary BT wrote on you seems pretty spot on. I'd buy it. Other players have expressed similar sentiments that seem reasonable.

Why are you brushing off my case as OMGUS? I've got some valid points here. Rolefishing is a serious scumtell, you know.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
Au contraire.  I brought it up because Bard used it as a defense, nothing more.
Meta's still meta, and your point is still invalid. Just because Scum!Bard made jokeposts a bazillion games ago doesn't mean his "meta" is totally static and unchanging. You can't use an ages old case to justify a meta vote on him, regardless of who brought it up. If that's all your going to sit on all day you might as well be EZWAGON scum.

Why bother with the whole thing anyway? RVS is already long over, and you're voting him for trying to end it early. So what if he likes to end it early, meta or not? It's not a scumtell. Certainly not a towntell that he tried to use meta to justify it, either, but you could be voting people for actually being scummy?

Shadoweh

« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2012, 09:55:04 PM »
So you think I'm scum because it's a popular opinion? I am trying to get through to you that you're not looking at things deep enough. Being easily led and quick to accept public opinion is a good way to be alive in LYLO hammering the last town. Who else? Let's say PX and I are buddies and for some reason I am not trying to murder him. Who else is the BFF in our family?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
But Neko, you are doing nothing but OMGuS.
You're accusing me of rolefishing to try to validate it. Tell me, where did I "role fish"?
Really, how was I "fishing" for roles if you already claimed and I asked for details. Where exactly did I suspect someone of being a PR and then tried to get them to claim something?
Last to mention is how you completely just forget that Schezo even asked you a question and you stopped mentioning him since he stopped mentioning you.
As for everything not talking about you, you just discern as "town"

Serela: Waiting for the everything else :\

Also, it seems my wagon consists of vigbaits, so I'll check the Bard/BT wagons :\