Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5  (Read 59937 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5
« Reply #600 on: May 07, 2014, 12:29:24 AM »
>"And why do you recommend her in particular?"

>"She pays a good amount of attention to the activities of the other three shrines outside of her own. If anyone would have a sense of Satori having the sort of dubious or underhanded activities ongoing as you suggested earlier, it would be her. And she would be willing to discuss those matters with outsiders, if she felt they could help." With a slight frown, she adds, "Which is something I myself would probably not have done, prior to these events."

« Reply #601 on: May 08, 2014, 06:21:17 AM »
>"I believe I have met her twice already, just recently. She was at your shrine to see Satori the other night, and then later at the Turtle Shrine."

« Reply #602 on: May 08, 2014, 06:37:55 AM »
>"I believe I have met her twice already, just recently. She was at your shrine to see Satori the other night, and then later at the Turtle Shrine."

>"To see Satori?" Kiku seems a bit surprised at that, then emits a thoughtful purr. "Did she happen mention why she was at the Turtle shrine?"

« Reply #603 on: May 08, 2014, 06:47:22 AM »
>"I believe she said that Suika had called for her, though she never mentioned why."

« Reply #604 on: May 08, 2014, 06:49:40 AM »
>"I believe she said that Suika had called for her, though she never mentioned why."

>Kiku nods. "I can speculate. She may have been at both places to discuss the supernatural disturbances that have been plaguing our town since the demon's arrived."

« Reply #605 on: May 08, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »
>"Anything I don't already know about?"

« Reply #606 on: May 08, 2014, 07:15:00 AM »
>"Anything I don't already know about?"

>"Probably not. After all, Lotus, you are the leading expert on these beings." Kiku answers wryly.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #607 on: May 14, 2014, 08:11:41 PM »
>"Not nearly expert enough, sadly."
>"Do you think we can meet with this person before the ritual?"

« Reply #608 on: May 14, 2014, 11:05:08 PM »
>"Perhaps, but that does not mean I am necessarily privy to everything they have done within this city. Besides, I am curious how much is known outside our circle."

« Reply #609 on: May 15, 2014, 01:22:27 AM »
>"Not nearly expert enough, sadly."
>"Do you think we can meet with this person before the ritual?"

>"Interrogating the Water demon should help with that, when we make the time for it."
>"Possibly. Though I'm not aware of all of her movements. The only place I know for sure you might find her at any given time is the Bird shrine."

>"Perhaps, but that does not mean I am necessarily privy to everything they have done within this city. Besides, I am curious how much is known outside our circle."

>"Indeed. There are those with resources even we do not possess."

« Reply #610 on: May 15, 2014, 04:36:05 AM »
>Yes, perhaps speaking of our 'interrogation' of the water demon should wait for a later time....
>"Well, I suppose I should let you go, now. Keep me apprised of what you learn. Also, if you remember anything else you feel may be relevant, please let me know. I think we have a fairly narrow timetable this evening, between the various things each of us is to attend to."

« Reply #611 on: May 16, 2014, 02:47:17 AM »
>Yes, perhaps speaking of our 'interrogation' of the water demon should wait for a later time....
>"Well, I suppose I should let you go, now. Keep me apprised of what you learn. Also, if you remember anything else you feel may be relevant, please let me know. I think we have a fairly narrow timetable this evening, between the various things each of us is to attend to."

>That might not be a bad idea.
>"Of course." Kiku assures you. "And you, as well, be sure to contact me when you decide what you feel is the best course of action."

« Reply #612 on: May 16, 2014, 03:04:05 AM »
>Nod
>"I will. And let us hope that all of our endeavors pan out positively. Be well, Kiku."
>Let's head back home, then.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #613 on: May 16, 2014, 03:12:55 AM »
>Before we head home, how fair is it to the bird temple from here, and from home?

« Reply #614 on: May 16, 2014, 06:17:14 AM »
>Nod
>"I will. And let us hope that all of our endeavors pan out positively. Be well, Kiku."

>"And you, Byakuren." The tiger youkai clasps your shoulder solemnly, then walks towards the door on her way out.

>Let's head back home, then.
>Before we head home, how fair is it to the bird temple from here, and from home?

>The Bird shrine is the southern point of town, and is the closest to your home of all the four shrines. It is about a thirty to fourty minute walk from here to there. School is close enough to your apartment that it would be that long, whether you set out to the Bird shrine from school or home.

« Reply #615 on: May 16, 2014, 06:55:34 AM »
>Home, first

« Reply #616 on: May 19, 2014, 03:21:07 AM »
>Home, first

>Returning to your human guise, you follow Kiku out the door of the pool, retracing your steps back towards the western gate. As you suspected, Meiling is still present, and still quite asleep. Hyozan hasn't moved either, the big malamute resting comfortably by Meiling's side. You're less sure if the canine is awake or not, but you see no reason to disturb him, so you leave the pair alone after you close the gate behind you, and head for home.
>The sloppy snow that was falling earlier has stopped now, but the sky is still covered by an ugly mass of grey clouds, threatening more wet snow to come at some point. You make a mental note to consider an umbrella when you're going out later. Weather has never really affected you or bothered you that much, but in these times, the last thing you want is to be laid up with a cold. Though being nursed back to health by Rin and Marissa has its upsides...

>All vehicles that were present when you left are still here, though Letty is no longer in evidence. Probably went back inside after the snow stopped to work on her next novel, if her habits hold true. The yard is presently deserted.

« Reply #617 on: May 19, 2014, 04:45:24 AM »
>Let's go back inside

« Reply #618 on: May 19, 2014, 04:58:48 AM »
>Let's go back inside

>You return to your apartment, to find no immediate sign of either Marissa or Rin, though once you close the door, you hear an inquiring meow come from your room.

« Reply #619 on: May 19, 2014, 05:17:56 AM »
>"Hello."
>Head towards the bedroom

« Reply #620 on: May 19, 2014, 05:41:53 AM »
>"Hello."
>Head towards the bedroom

>Rin mews again in greeting as you take off your boots and coat.
>Everything okay with Kiku? her psychic voice inquires as you make for your chambers.

« Reply #621 on: May 19, 2014, 05:51:10 AM »
>As well as can be expected, given the circumstances. There was indeed a block in her mind, and one far more pervasive than Lily's, stretching back many years now. It seems that she was intended to take the leadership of her shrine before Satori assumed it, and that Satori somehow displaced her to do so, then erased all memory of this. Almost certainly many of Kiku's sisters are likewise affected.

« Reply #622 on: May 19, 2014, 06:29:36 AM »
>As well as can be expected, given the circumstances. There was indeed a block in her mind, and one far more pervasive than Lily's, stretching back many years now. It seems that she was intended to take the leadership of her shrine before Satori assumed it, and that Satori somehow displaced her to do so, then erased all memory of this. Almost certainly many of Kiku's sisters are likewise affected.

>Years? Rin blurts as you come into your room, finding the feline reclining upon your bed. But why?

« Reply #623 on: May 19, 2014, 06:36:02 AM »
>Years, yes. I don't know why, and neither does Kiku; we discussed it for some time. She seems to have done a fine enough job of running the shrine, and she cannot recall much else suspicious that Satori has done since, though it may be possible that her memories have not finished sorting themselves out yet. But either way, I feel this may have raised more questions than it answered.

« Reply #624 on: May 19, 2014, 08:24:46 PM »
>Years, yes. I don't know why, and neither does Kiku; we discussed it for some time. She seems to have done a fine enough job of running the shrine, and she cannot recall much else suspicious that Satori has done since, though it may be possible that her memories have not finished sorting themselves out yet. But either way, I feel this may have raised more questions than it answered.

>But if Satori's been up to no good for years, doesn't that mean that the Demons aren't behind it?

« Reply #625 on: May 19, 2014, 09:24:38 PM »
>Probably, yes. I am not sure how to explain it, though the power to so quickly alter the minds of others is frightening, regardless, and if even the Tiger felt He could not speak freely around her....

« Reply #626 on: May 19, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »
>Probably, yes. I am not sure how to explain it, though the power to so quickly alter the minds of others is frightening, regardless, and if even the Tiger felt He could not speak freely around her....

>But look at it this way. Rin says, sounding rather optimistic. We've fought these demons and won, we know we can handle their power. We should be able to handle whatever power Satori has. I mean how much worse could it be?

« Reply #627 on: May 19, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »
>It is power of a very different kind, and I do not know how resistant we would be to it. Being able to rewrite someone's perception of events without them even being aware of it.... I think I might rather face torrents of ice and fire to something so insidious. I fear she may be even more dangerous than I had first suspected. Though at the same time, she seems to have done little actively threatening with this power, and doubtless she had the means to. Without understanding her agenda, I am not sure what I should think.

« Reply #628 on: May 19, 2014, 10:42:44 PM »
>It is power of a very different kind, and I do not know how resistant we would be to it. Being able to rewrite someone's perception of events without them even being aware of it.... I think I might rather face torrents of ice and fire to something so insidious. I fear she may be even more dangerous than I had first suspected. Though at the same time, she seems to have done little actively threatening with this power, and doubtless she had the means to. Without understanding her agenda, I am not sure what I should think.

>Agenda? That's like, 'plans', right?

« Reply #629 on: May 20, 2014, 12:21:27 AM »
>And also why why is doing what she is doing. It is hard to predict someone's actions if you do not even understand their goal.