Author Topic: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Game Over  (Read 70374 times)

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2010, 03:07:01 AM »
Is anyone that stupid?

No wait, don't answer that :P
I've seen people roleclaim Scum at L-1 on D1 when they were Scum. Some people really are not the sharpest tools in the shed, if you know what I mean.

Quote from: Carthrat
I think UD's flirting with UK. At the very least he's definitely provoking her.
Bingo. There are two options for this:
A) UD is being daft and UK is merely being reactionary. There's no reason why someone's arguments couldn't get that heated due to pure emotion, in fact it makes more sense for such a senseless argument to elevate so rapidly and to such levels purely due to emotion than due to some kind of magical Scum gambit, and Hanlon's Razor states that it is overwhelmingly likely that UD is just also being a reactionary idiot. However, his backpedalling does make it seem that if this is a Scum Gambit, it wasn't planned from the start.
B) UD and UK are both Scumbuddies, and UK planned for this to escalate, perhaps only after it escalated part of the way naturally on its own, to disguise it as a Townie vs. Townie spat on D1. This is, quite frankly, kind of silly, as D1 favours those who shut up and post occasional, meaningful posts (sometimes even virtually no posts at all, except for a fakeclaim~), unless it was a response to someone getting their foot in their mouth. Which is why I thought that A was far more likely than B until I just saw the UK backpedal.

I still think A is far more likely than B, but I do have to wonder why UK unvoted UD. L-2 is not exactly a hazardous state on D1, no Scum is going to quickhammer a Townie this early in the day unless they're desperate, and considering as there is no competing wagon, the possibility of a Scum Quickhammer is so small that we may treat it as being completely negligible. So, UK, why the unvote if UD was just someone whose alignment you don't know, who you thought was likely Scum? I mean I don't like how quickly his wagon developed either with virtually no opposition, but at the same time, he's really not in any immediate danger.

Zakeri's Scum status is purely independent of UD's, his defence of UD is a null tell with potentially a slight Town leaning. No Scum is going to Chensaw-defend another Scumbuddy who is playing this terribly unless they're an extremely overpowered power role like framer, in which case I'd expect that UD would have gotten instructions from his Scumbuddies to act low-key and not put his foot in his mouth at every possible occasion, and there is zero reason for Scum to defend a Townie (it is not a "clever gambit", it is just stupid. It doesn't buy you all that many Townie Points, especially as a D1 defence of a Townie is equally as indicative of a Townie defending another Townie on the pretense of them being new and accidentally making dumb statements without considering how this might affect them downstream, as it is of Scum using hidden knowledge to their advantage, and it draws unnecessary attention to themselves as people will now focus on the person defending the idiot Townie in later days to better attempt to ascertain which of these two possibilities it is), therefore it is most likely that this is a Townie defending a Townie who just made mistakes, or a Townie inadvertently defending an idiot Scum. The fact that I do not find anything else that Zakeri has stated objectionable means that I'm pretty sure he's Town, for now. However, one thing I want to know: why is UD the most Pro-Town player in this game currently? I can understand claiming him to be Town, but "most Pro-Town player"? I can't really see any reason why you'd claim this as Scum OR Town.

Pesco is playing fluffypillowfactorypoaster again while not explicitly taking sides or actually offering any opinions on the UD/UK argument. Your vote on Chaore is fine, but what about your opinions on everyone else? Especially the vote train that just cropped up that basically was a series of "Vote UD" (with an occasional "Vote UK" instead for flavour) in rapid succession, usually with minimal reasoning (granted, you don't need *much* to justify a UD vote at this point, which is precisely why he's an ideal D1 lynch target for Scum)

Chaore: I hate your posts, seriously. Reply #43 makes me want to electrocute you, as the only reason I don't think it makes you completely obvscum is that it's so Scummy that I have a hard time believing an actual Scum would be stupid enough to post that. Then again, see above regarding stupidity. That's not the only thing I have issues with, too: in #85 I'm still not sure what you precisely mean, because your grammar is quite terrible, but assuming I read it correctly, you are claiming that UK cannot be Scum because the risk of getting turbo-lynched D1 is greater than the benefit gained by lynching a Townie D1 instead via the same strategy. This is nonsense, as her strat is not exactly an extremely high-risk one (it does carry some risk, and is also pretty goddamn dumb, but there's enough of a probability that it's just her being an argumentative Townie (cf. the first game that Unesco was in, which turned into a giant Unesco/Kilga argument, which resulted in a Unesco lynch, who then flipped as Vanilla Townie) that she can casually try it on D1 without being too worried, especially when the target is this much of a shitposter like Page2-5 UD), not to mention that UK's meta (***WARNING ALICE USED META ZERG HIS ASS UP NOW*** etc) is that she has a tendency of getting into pointless arguments in mafia games BOTH when she was Scum AND when she was Town. In short, this is basically faulty reasoning. In #113, are you seriously thinking that UD pulled some form of a complex gambit out of his ass? Seriously? Finally, I'm not impressed with his #148, though it is better than any of his other posts.

My second choice for Scum, at the moment.

Arashi: Really? Your "seriousvote" carries about as much weight as a jokevote, given how it's essentially a pure bandwagoning. You essentially go "yeah yeah UD is horrible I know it's a bandwagoning but sure I'll vote him". Yes, UD is horrible, but there was both enough attention on him and enough time left in the day that a jump-on-the-bandwagon vote really was *not* needed at this time. I thought you knew better than that, sister~

Sodium Picolinate: You can do better. Try again. Your posts so far are worthless. Reporter-style format, and the only person who gets more than a line is Zakeri, and your attack on him is rooted in extremely faulty logic.

NEETz: Pesco looks alright? Really? The rest of your post is pretty much purely reporter-style posting followed by "well why not let's off UD it's clear he's scum go go go!!!"

Kanako: Oh come the fuck on, I thought NaBrO_3 looked horrible at first, but then I got to your post and I actually facepalmed. Sodium Acetate looks fine to you? Really? From his one single post wherein he said barely anything and voted someone based off of faulty logic? I dislike how you give UD the Newbie card and then vote UK for reasons that deserve a full UD vote as well, not to mention that "should have" stopped the argument does not mean that UK will, as we've seen in the past (***WARNING ALICE USED META AGAIN, FLARE HIS OBSERVERS USING MEDICS AND THEN AMBUSH HIS CARRIERS WHILE HE CAN'T SEE***), not to mention that outright admitting that your vote was solely done to get a vote out there is just making me facepalm again due to the sheer amount of stupid. Really, again, the only thing saving you is the Too Scummy To Be Scum effect, but I really want to see another proper post from you, preferably soon.

Carthrat: Satisfied with him for now. Before someone goes "OMG ALICE IS BEING INCONSISTENT", unlike the above, he did not spend most of his post on a reporter-style play-by-play, and also he actually brings up actual points. Definetly someone to watch on later days, but he has a history of being quiet on D1. Also will probably hate me for the length of this post.

In other words, in case you haven't noticed, my issue is not people being quiet on D1, but rather people giving worthless PBPAs and then voting UD for reasons that scarcely elaborate beyond "lol bandwagon hop".

Granted, Edible's posts so far have been next-to-nonexistent, and I really want to see his opinion on someone else who is not named "UsuallyDead". Moreover, his post comes at a time when hopping on a bandwagon is fairly easy, not too worrisome, and around the right location in the vote order to be the swingvote, which doesn't do much to endear me further. Edible, who ELSE do you think might be Scum?

Really, all of Arashi, Edible, NEETz, Sodium Malate and Kanako worry me quite a bit right now. Personally, gut coincides highest for some reason with NEETz and Arashi, and NEETz is posting similarly to how he posted back in GWU Mafia when we were scumbuddies, so Ninja Edit: Chaore just got upgraded massively in my scumladder due to the nonsense posting and flailing due to some simple questioning, combined with the massive logicfail above. This is liable to move to any of the above four depending on further posts.

UD is essentially a flaming idiot and if there is a vig, I want him to vig UD now. Why? Because he's very polarizing, almost everyone here has an opinion on UD, most also have one on UK, and due to the lack of poasting, very few people have an opinion on anyone else (speaking of which, how is everyone letting Pesco slip under the radar? What the heck, guize?). On top of that, he's being scarcely more than useless and is acting in a Light Yagamiesque manner when he really has absolutely no reason to (protip: it's only Just As Planned if UK is indeed scum, unless you are Scum yourself you literally have no idea how to know her alignment this early in the day, and your reasons for voting her are basically absolute trash).

Ninja Kitten4u: While I agree with you that this isn't something that someone normally would not say if they thought UD was scum, why do you think that?

Hm. Chaore's UD vote is middle-late on the wagon, and does feel forced, his previous vote was largely an OMGUS on Pesco, I've noted several issues with his posts, and he's flailing right now. Want to see some more responses of his before I move my vote but I very much think he's Scum now.

Ninja by Chaore: so, is Zak's Group Action transitive? semi-transitive? n-transitive? regular? semiregular? free? locally free? Bad math jokes aside, where has UD buddied up to Zak? Because I'm not seeing it. Moreover, where has Zak done rapid-fire vote switching? I see him switching his vote once - quite notably, onto you. What alibi? When did alibis come into play here? Who are you even talking about in your post#174? Zakeri, or UD?

Second ninja by Chaore: Were you born retarded, or did you have to get a degree? A) When did Edible come into play here? B) If you were reading the game, you'd notice that Edible made all of three posts so far, one RVS post and two that only referenced UD and were short 2-3 liners. Nothing about Zak. You bringing him up makes no fucking sense at all right now and only serves to make me more uneasy about Edible, who has been doing a nice job flying under everyone's radars so far. The second half of your post I have to wonder, to quote Diabeetus from The Even More Most Shameful Thing In The Universe, I have to wonder if it was in English or in hieroglyphics.

Screw this. ##Vote: Chaore

More ninjas (what is this, a John Woo film?): UD, quite trying to appeal to newbieness, it's not endearing you to me at all. Chaore, where has UD been "cooperating" with Zak?
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Usually Dead

« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2010, 03:12:19 AM »
Quote from: Ailice
Possibility that UD and UK are or were secretly working together.

PPPFFFFTTTAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH*inhales*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
*wipes tear from eye*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~~!!
*passes out for a straight minute from asphyxiation.

Oh, Alice.

You give us way too much credit. We hate each other's guts too much for that.

I've actually asked UK to collaborate with me on projects before, and her reaction has simply been, "Myeh, too boring. Go away."

But I do find your Chaore argument stimulating!

##Vote Chaore

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2010, 03:15:08 AM »
And apparently me calling UD an idiot is out of line. Funny that.

You seem to be the only one here incapable of deciphering common english.

'Everything you do is stupid' does not really tend to be a good reason in the least. Come back when you feel like not making an ass out of yourself, and I'll answer you. Most of your comments are 'You are fucking stupid!', ignoring anything I said.

Read. It answers your question. Rather nicely.

Usually Dead

« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2010, 03:15:41 AM »
PS: I hope a vigilante will take me out too. :<

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2010, 03:18:49 AM »
UD, your latest post makes me want to strap you to a chair, force your eyes open Clockwork Orange-style, and make you read all of the worst entries on fanfiction.net that I've found over the years.

You two working together is a very real possibility, and in case you didn't realise, mafia is a TEAM game, so if you two are on the same team, then either you two are going to discard whatever petty shit you have between you two and play to win, or you are not playing to win. Sure, the possibility might seem silly to Noob-Town-you if you are Noob-Town, but that doesn't change the fact that it is both reasonable and has a realistic chance of occuring.

I'm also not a fan of "whee Chaore-bandwagon-smash", either. Starting to wonder if my opinion of you as "(mostly) harmless idiot" is a bit premature (i.e. yes it is), though it really is your only option now as there are now two clearly-defined bandwagons on D1 and you're one of them, so this move is hardly all that surprising.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2010, 03:22:26 AM »
I'm not worried about a quickhammer, AMo. I'm worried about the motivations of some of us on the wagon. It bothers me when a wagon like this forms in EIGHT HOURS for non random reasons, but the case is still only decent (though good for early D1)
As for this

So, UK, why the unvote if UD was just someone whose alignment you don't know, who you thought was likely Scum? I mean I don't like how quickly his wagon developed either with virtually no opposition, but at the same time, he's really not in any immediate danger.

The virtually no opposition is making me rethink my read, as I've said. I suppose it's possible his scumbuddies have signed him off as a loss, but you'd think that at least one scumpartner would fight a lot harder against his...

Oh wait, that's Zakeri.

Still though, I'm bothered, and will at least wait for the stragglers to post opinions.

* UncertainKitten reads the part on Zak.

At the point in the argument where Zak was interceding with UD is obv town, I think it was a situation that could still go either way and possibly secure my lynch. Zak had incentive to poke it that way as scum. But this still relies on UD being scum.

(granted, you don't need *much* to justify a UD vote at this point, which is precisely why he's an ideal D1 lynch target for Scum)

Oh, so you noticed this too? I don't see why you have issue with me backing off.

The rest of your post makes my brain hurt. The fact I missed so much leads me to believe that I need to get some sleep tonight, wake up tomorrow, and reread the pages where everything went to hell. I think that my tunneling has colored my views regarding people that agree with me, and given my current stance of "Woah, what the fuck was that!?" regarding UD's wagon means I need to supplement it by analyzing those on it.

So...I'd like to thank you for that wake up call.

Reading the cuts, I can't say I'm surprised by UD's reaction. I like Alice's response though. I'm not so cruel but it's about the same.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2010, 03:26:24 AM »
And apparently me calling UD an idiot is out of line. Funny that.
Fine, fine, I got a little carried away with the insults. It's nothing personal, don't worry about it~

You seem to be the only one here incapable of deciphering common english.
On the contrary, I'd say you deserve that title.

'Everything you do is stupid' does not really tend to be a good reason in the least. Come back when you feel like not making an ass out of yourself, and I'll answer you. Most of your comments are 'You are fucking stupid!', ignoring anything I said.

Read. It answers your question. Rather nicely.
Okay, let me summarize my post for you since you seem to have ignored anything that wasn't an insult/swearword:
- In #113, why do you think UD is pulling a complex gambit out of his ass instead of just being an idiot Townie?
- In your latest posts, where has UsuallyDead buddied up to Zakeri? You have not answered this yet. Please do so.
- In which of Edible's three posts in this game did he reference Zakeri? Please link me to it, I'd really like to see it. Thanks.
Finally, the line to which I referred to as "was this English or was this hieroglyphics" was this one:
Quote from: Chaore 176
The fact hes pretty poorly setting these lynches have been most other's reasons as well.
These lynches? UD has mainly flipflopped on and off UK for most of this game. Moreover, why are you appealing directly to others' arguments without even so much as specifying what they are? Finally, the main issue here: antecedents are your friend. I still cannot figure out if you are referring to UD or Zak here, though it makes more sense if I assume UD. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Though thanks, you did remind me that it's not good to randomly toss around insults, because then people tend to focus on those instead of, y'know, the rest of my paragraphs containing actual reasoning why you are likely to be Scum.

Chaore

« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2010, 03:41:31 AM »
I'd worry less about it if it wasn't so reminiscent of me. So this is why people hate arguing with me.

-#113: It made sense at the time, I mean hell, thinking about it, the first thing a scum would do is vote for someone acting scummy. He sounded like an idiot and would've made good train bait. Though, apparently that isn't because its a plan. Silly me.

-Oh lord and a half. The two change within moments of each other twice, Zak takes UK, UD takes it as a sign to jump aboard. Zak goes for me instead due to UD's mess up, I'm next to the pit. Zak is also probably his strongest supporter, 'UD IS TOTALLY TOWN EVERYONE ELSE IS SCUM LIKELY', not to mention he made that connection I took after. He probably tossed him the specifics as well. I really hate spelling things out, sorry.

-There, I'm an idiot and going off my shitty memory. Edible doesn't mention Zak, just close enough that gets me on the idea. My bad.

-Also lynch target here, In total hes tried for three trains. First one on UK (Bullshit one), Next one on me (Zak Pesco Started), Then on UK again. Three in total, multiple. Also, Why? Because I'm being especially pointed out for bad reasoning. Out of multiple people on the same thought process. And Yes, UD is being mentioned.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2010, 03:45:03 AM »
@Chaore
What changed?  Assuming I'm referencing the right posts, it looks like the things that you referenced had already happened before you posted that.  So, if that's really why you believe UD is scum, why didn't you vote for him back there?

Quote from: Alice
Ninja Kitten4u: While I agree with you that this isn't something that someone normally would not say if they thought UD was scum, why do you think that?

If someone was voting for someone because they thought they were scum I would expect something along the lines of "this guy is doing scummy stuff," not "this guy is not worth defending."  Why would you want to defend scum as town anyway? 

@UD
You are making me a sad kitten. ;_;
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Usually Dead

« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2010, 03:45:16 AM »
I quit.

We will need a replacement to take over my role(s). Who wishes the role can PM Kilga for details.

I realize that this will cause a ton of reactionary posts, and I apologize for that drama in advance.

As for why I'm leaving, Mafia is a game where you fight to make people believe things through argument.

I do the exact same thing for my day job. This is absolutely not something I can be doing during my free time.

Anyone who wants more details can contact me privately. Have a fun game, everyone.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2010, 03:47:03 AM »
UsuallyDead has requested replacement. I will work on finding one. I have a couple of ideas already but those people aren't online right now. :C
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Chaore

« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2010, 03:49:32 AM »
I had around 20 minutes ride to rethink and people getting on my case for not voting.

I'll admit a deal behind the vote was a bit of pressure. If I'm doing wrong by not voting, fine, fine, I'll take a vote.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2010, 03:56:02 AM »
Oh, so you noticed this too? I don't see why you have issue with me backing off.
I don't have issue with the act itsself - heck, I've done this exact same thing myself in the past, as Town, and gotten flack over it, so in actuality what I was looking for was what your motivation behind this was, as it could potentially be Scummy. However, at this point I'm fairly certain it's a null read.

Quote from: Chaore
-Oh lord and a half. The two change within moments of each other twice, Zak takes UK, UD takes it as a sign to jump aboard. Zak goes for me instead due to UD's mess up, I'm next to the pit. Zak is also probably his strongest supporter, 'UD IS TOTALLY TOWN EVERYONE ELSE IS SCUM LIKELY', not to mention he made that connection I took after. He probably tossed him the specifics as well. I really hate spelling things out, sorry.
The only part where Zakeri and UD follow up with timed votes on UK is during the random-voting phase, wherein they just happen to post one after the other. After this, Zakeri shifts his attention to you while defending UD, whereas UD waffles on UK and finally votes her again after a brief unvote, while not paying much attention to Zakeri beyond a brief "um, why are you doing this exactly, Zakeri?" question in Post#99.

Really, I'm not sure what to make of you now, as it is clear that you have not been reading the game at all when making your cases. It's very much Anti-Town, but at the same time it also does not make any sense for a Scum to do, as it is easily caught and very blatant, and thus no Scum with an IQ greater than that of his shoe size would ever try pulling this stunt.

@K4U: Okay, clarification was exactly what I was hoping for.

@UD: sigh.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2010, 04:05:35 AM »
@UD: Son of a bitch. :|  Well, we still have another day, at least.

@Alice: Not even 24 hours into Day 1.  I'm waiting for the other, oh... half the players to chime in.  No one has exhibited scum traits more than UD as far as I have read, with the possible exception of Chaore who could just as easily be UD's double.  Except Chaore isn't a dirty quitter.

Chaore

« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2010, 04:09:20 AM »
Given, I was actually here when it happened, No, I'm not reading over every post with -extreme scrutiny- to find some loophole to make my case.

Also, Of course he isn't referencing Zakeri. Even UD would know better. For god's sake, Read the rules, Scum. Has. Private. Communication. They can set this entire thing up, choreograph responses to a degree, and respond to eachother in PM. He waffles to me, which Zak is doing. Zak finally does 'dude, you're being freaking suspicious' and UD gets the message, waffling back on the alibi Zak tosses him to UK.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2010, 04:26:55 AM »
@Edible: which is why I don't have too much of an issue with you as long as this is alleviated in the subsequent days. Really, most of it was just a reactionary bit of suspicion to Chaore mentioning you, which I really should have disregarded anyway as it was inheritly unreliable, especially considering Chaore's reading comprehension of the average post in this game. Grumble.

@Chaore: there's a difference between "reading over every post with extreme scrutiny" and outright stating things which did not happen, pretty blatant things like UD shifting a vote to UK shortly after Zakeri also voted UK, in a point in the game which is not the random voting phase.

Moreover, I know that Scum have private communication, in fact it is referenced in my post#180 in one of my minor points. Moreover, Zakeri isn't focussing on UK AT ALL at the point where UD decides to claim that he pulled a gambit out of his ass and moves his vote BACK to UK after a brief section of this game wherein he unvoted UK and didn't have his vote on anyone. Honestly, your reasoning here seems to be almost 100% paranoia, with a good dose of post hoc.

In the interests of not degenerating this into a discussion and a Gotcha! game, I would like you to summarize your opinions on both UsuallyDead AND Zakeri, and back up your opinions with facts, i.e. statements made by them in their posts, and reasoning as to why they are inheritly Scummy statements, inheritly Townie statements, and which of them imply that UD and Zakeri are buddies and not just an issue of Zakeri defending UD (also, note that Scum aren't the only roles who can communicate privately, and in a game this size a mason pair would not be all that out-of-place, really).

@Kanako, Sodium Benzoate: Get in here, respond to my questions/complaints and post, goddamnit. I know you're in IRC, so you have no excuses. If you're not going to play the game, don't /in, please. Thanks.

@Everyone else: Similarly, can we get some other opinions in here, seriously ?

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2010, 04:33:06 AM »
In the interests of not degenerating this into a discussion and a Gotcha! game, I would like you to summarize your opinions on both UsuallyDead AND Zakeri, and back up your opinions with facts...
s/discussion/argument/

It being a discussion and not an argument is a very GOOD thing.

« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2010, 04:36:00 AM »
Okay then.

Chaore's 148 is making steps forward, I'll admit. At the very least, it shows promise as a player in future games.

Quote from: Kanako
Chaore- if you didn't know, I always always always end up not voting for some reason or another. It's part of my misguided quest to become assertive. =)
This makes no sense to me because as a general rule if you are not voting for someone you're being the exact opposite of assertive.

Quote from: UD
Now I need to spend the next few hours looking for the next likely scum candidate.
I know OMGUS is looked down upon in general, but I think a wonderful place to start would be the more quieter people listed in my last post on page 6.

Quote from: Kitten4U
UD is probably just newbie town.  The speed that his wagon formed makes me feel uncomfortable.  I'm betting there's scum on there.

I think UK is probably town too.  Her RAEG doesn't seem forced imo, even if I disagree with what she's been saying.
Damn, now it won't be original when I say it. I also agree with everything else in this post.

At that, Zak and UD mostly appear to be working on the same agenda.
The same agenda, how? The first votes on UK don't count because they were both random, And it's not as if two people voting for the same person for the same reason means they're both in cahoots to kill you. Following that logic, shouldn't you be more wary of the people who all voted for UD?

Quote from: Alice
why is UD the most Pro-Town player in this game currently? I can understand claiming him to be Town, but "most Pro-Town player"? I can't really see any reason why you'd claim this as Scum OR Town.
I felt UD was the most pro-town due to, as I explained before, the fact that I felt stirring up the waters was a pro-town thing to do. At that point, only two people besides UD had done anything (UK and Pesco) and what they did was attack UD.

After spending all of this time away from Mafia, it must have dawned on me or something that the most important thing to do is to get people talking, and that's what Random voting is suppose to be. The reason dice rolls are scummy is because you're trying to deny a basis of discussion. Normal random votes, like I usually do suffice for getting looked over but do little to nothing. What UD did was set off an explosion, and out came from it a whirlwind of discussion. That's the reason why I feel UD is very protown right now.

Number one rule of being a vanilla townie is to be loud and stand out so as to root scum out of their hiding place.
Number two rules of being a vanilla townie is to be quiet and not stand out so that you don't get lynched instead of scum.

Chaore

« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2010, 04:39:34 AM »
Now I'm just getting sick of you. If your intent is to annoy me into wanting out of this, congrats, You half suceeded.

The half being annoying me. I'll get back to you and paint you a fucking -picture- since you can't even paint it yourself.

And people call me stuck in a box.

Cut out all the 'Your a fucking idiot!' crap already. Its just making you look like you're picking a fight. You want a discussion? Act like that.

« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2010, 04:44:08 AM »
Now I'm just getting sick of you. If your intent is to annoy me into wanting out of this, congrats, You half suceeded.

As for why I'm leaving, Mafia is a game where you fight to make people believe things through argument.
There needs to be some sort of warning about this before we ask people to sign up.

Mafia: A fun, innocent game where you yell at each other until you're blue in the face.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2010, 04:53:39 AM »
@Zakeri: Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno.

If the exit out of RVS into an actual discussion is done in a clever, normal fashion (har, does this ever occur, really?), then it is a Pro-Town move to do this. However, being a complete shit-disturber like UD who then makes extremely blatant anti-town statements such as post#49 (spewing forth bullshit and confusing the Town as a goal are both extremely nonconducive to finding Scum, and in fact one of the best method of Scum getting Town to attack each other instead of them) is not "inheritly Pro-Town", it is at best null, and most importantly it is not something worthy of justifying them as "the most Pro-Town player". Incidentally, do you still think that UD up to his request for replacement was still the most Pro-Town player, or did that title switch to someone else now that we have a couple more people posting regularly, and yet another shit-disturber to join UD?

@Chaore: yes, precisely, I am asking you to paint a picture. For instance, I could claim that you, together with Bill Clinton, the Bavarian Illuminati and a small mongoose named Steve are all in a conspiracy to depose the rightful ruler of Belgium in order to gain a monopoly on Tulip Bulbs internationally, but you'd claim this was nonsense as I have absolutely no evidence backing up my claim.

Similar case here. Anyone can point an accusing finger at someone, but justifying that fingerpointing is what is important - otherwise, why do I have to believe that you're a Townie who might have caught a Scum, and not a Scum trying to quicklynch someone? Moreover, how do I know that your reasoning is correct and I should therefore agree with it in some way, shape or form?

Calm down, seriously. Step away from this page, from the computer if you need to, and take a break. Do something else which is completely unrelated to mafia for a few hours. Then, instead of getting mad at everyone here, how about you simply give us the reasoning we all want, so we have at least something to judge whether your logical reasoning and general Scumdar is at all valid or not.

Seriously, I've been playing this game for less than five hours and I already want to use an infinite-use dayvig on everyone in this game. Argh.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2010, 04:55:59 AM »
@Chaore
Okay, I'm confused.  Was this
I had around 20 minutes ride to rethink and people getting on my case for not voting.

I'll admit a deal behind the vote was a bit of pressure. If I'm doing wrong by not voting, fine, fine, I'll take a vote.
Your response to this
Quote from: Me
What changed?  Assuming I'm referencing the right posts, it looks like the things that you referenced had already happened before you posted that.  So, if that's really why you believe UD is scum, why didn't you vote for him back there?
?

If yes, can you be a little more clear in what you're saying?  Because I don't really understand.

Quote from: Zakeri
There needs to be some sort of warning about this before we ask people to sign up.

Mafia: A fun, innocent game where you yell at each other until you're blue in the face.

I often wonder what people were expecting from a group of people that lynch people for fun. :P
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2010, 05:02:22 AM »
UD, I suggest you read this:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4662.msg0#new

And click pretty much any one of those games. That should give you some knowledge of Mafia, just from pure observation. There. Now you can learn how to play(somwhat), and stop falling back on the same defense!
---
K, now that that's done.
nvm
bofh/Alice: DAT WALL
My original post kept getting ninja'd, so I just threw together a condensed post and put it out.
Also, I'm guessing you're pissed off from having to read the 150ish UKUD posts.
(and stop mentioning that game =V We get it, you're the greatest)

Kanako: Don't throw votes out for the sake of voting. A crap vote is worse than a no vote, and it's only about 1 day into Day 1. And then that just got you into a situation where you buckled under the slightest pressure to bandwagon UD. Jeez. Taking it easy on you for now because I was sort of the one who convinced you to join, but your next vote should involve voting for reasons beyond "I need to vote lol".

Pescau: Meh, all I'd say would've been that you're just playing like you usually do. Like I'm doing right now. Whoo.

Chaore: Why so apologetic? Well, you go from RAGE to apologetic, in about the span of 1 bofh post. That's rather odd.
And then you RAGE again. It's like you're trying to find a way out of this by using emotions. Why not just answer the question?
btw, Mafia is a game of communication as much as it is a game of analysis. While bofh's insults aren't exactly going to make people feel warm and fuzzy inside, he actually voices out as much evidence as possible. You do not.

Zakeri: Starting discussion is fine and dandy, but I think it's not pro-town to do that by aggravating others.

And this post took a while.

Also, has there been someone who hasn't posted yet? Just wondering.

Chaore

« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2010, 05:12:07 AM »
Lets start with the basics on my take of the two. Zak: Mildly Experienced, Somewhat savvy. UD: New, -very- inexperienced. Both draw scum.

After the game stats, Zak flags down UD, Offers to help him out. UD accepts, the two start the game. I'll admit its probably a deal of paranoia, but #33, #34. One of the two (possibly zak) suggests to take a train on UK and see what they can dig up. UD takes this seriously and goes through his whole fest.

Zak realizes UD is fucking up, Trys to cover his ass and shifts to me in #67. The two go through the whole thing elsewhere, and Zak explains how I'm a better choice. UD agrees or gets it and waffles on #78. He fucks up bigger, and now Zak NEEDS to help him cover his ass. He goes through trying to explain why UD is being an idiot, And gets UD to cover himself. At this point though, he obviously has thrown his ass in the fire. Zak thus goes in with #95, attempting to apply a plan to UD's behavior. #99 is UD trying to strengthen this and make Zak seem better. #105 is repeating it outright and shifting from his mistake. At this point, I'm dropped, so it seems like the attention can shit to UK. At this point, Either both or UD has realized its stupid to keep grouped, and act on 'seperate' agendas. Then Edible and everyone shows up.

This is everyone getting on and looking over stuff, And then choosing sides. They do this with votes. Thus an influx of people going with Edible and UK because they agree with them. This isn't planned, as most of them are posting for the first time in the real day. UD goes argh over everything falling apart, Comes to broken UD.

Wait holy shit you want evidence they thought and did all this, And you're just pointing to posts and saying I'm scum?

Same for me then. What am I thinking and doing, with extended evidence.

Go ahead. Seriously. Go ahead. I am absolutely dying to see what SUPER ALICE, MAFIA MASTER has to say. If you have anything that isn't the same as what I'm doing, I'll raise my hands and admit I've got nothing. In the same vein, Realize what you said applies to -you- as well. I've avoided outright saying it, But you can be scum too.

And last I checked, Mafia isn't about getting called an idiot by an obnoxious person. Excuse me for getting aggrivated.

Sodium:
Just because I'm not going 'Rawr' does not mean I'm apologetic. I'm just keeping myself in check.

Also, I'll take that evidence with a piece of salt, Since his original post is just a bunch of -blathering- as far as I can see.

« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2010, 05:28:33 AM »
I thought you knew better than that, sister~

No I don't, I'm a noob~

Seriously, though. Right now I'm just trying to come up with something that's not a rehash of everyone else's points (you an Zak in particular).

I will say I don't like UD's 181, both for trying to argue based on the way he and UK interact completely outside of Mafia and for not even trying to pretent like his own vote change isn't just jumping on the bandwagon that's not his, but even given that he's decided to quit since that post, he is just starting to come off as overly emotional in a way that doesn't suggest either side to me. Removing my vote at the very least until/unless there's a replacement to analyze instead.

##Unvote

Think I'll reserve judgement on UK for the time being as well because of how much of her interaction so far has been exclusively with UD. Pulling off his bandwagon instead of pushing for a hasty lynch does feel town though.

Chaore, I think I've going to need to reread over and over just to make coherency out of his posts. =P Gonna work on that next, I think. No matter what, I'm not going to just auto-hop onto the other bandwagon. (Chaore's the new UD!)

'nako's "lol I never vote" of 152 worries me, partly because (as mentioend elsewhere) it contradicts the reasoning given, but mostly because even if not scummy it's at best dead weight.

Chaore

« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2010, 05:32:09 AM »
I speak english.

Why do none of you. >: <

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2010, 05:32:57 AM »
Finally, something useful!

Zak realizes UD is fucking up, Trys to cover his ass and shifts to me in #67. The two go through the whole thing elsewhere, and Zak explains how I'm a better choice. UD agrees or gets it and waffles on #78. He fucks up bigger, and now Zak NEEDS to help him cover his ass. He goes through trying to explain why UD is being an idiot, And gets UD to cover himself. At this point though, he obviously has thrown his ass in the fire. Zak thus goes in with #95, attempting to apply a plan to UD's behavior. #99 is UD trying to strengthen this and make Zak seem better. #105 is repeating it outright and shifting from his mistake. At this point, I'm dropped, so it seems like the attention can shit to UK. At this point, Either both or UD has realized its stupid to keep grouped, and act on 'seperate' agendas. Then Edible and everyone shows up.
While the timing of #78 is suspicious, it could equally likely be an OMGUS response to your #43 (Occam's Razor in fact states that it is, but Occam's Razor often does not apply in mafia). Interesting observation though. #95 is Zakeri defending UD and posting nonsense along the lines of "he's the most Pro-Town player in this gaem", whatever. It's suspicious, but as I stated in my post#180, it does not necessarily implicate a Scum-Zak even if a Scum-UD exists, and it especially does not implicate a Scum-Zak if UD is, in fact, Town. #99, on the other hand, reads like transparent sarcasm.

And #105 is him switching back to UK, so what's your point?

Really, the only thing notable here is the timing of the vote switch to you in post #78, shortly after a quick post by Zakeri which had zero justification for anything in it (protip, Zakeri: when calling someone Scum, or calling someone The Most Pro-Town Person, evidence would be nice, thanks). Is this enough to justify a Zakeri/UD Scumpair? imho, no. If UD were to flip Scum today, it would be somewhat likely, but I'm unconvinced for now.

In any order, this is all the more reason why someone should dayvig UD.

However, this is actually decent logic. Why didn't you just post this 5 posts ago? Seriously. Would have saved you a lot of pointless stress and arguing with me/yelling with me.

Wait holy shit you want evidence they thought and did all this, And you're just pointing to posts and saying I'm scum?

Same for me then. What am I thinking and doing, with extended evidence.
No, I'm pointing to posts and stating "this statement here is something which is Scummy, when combined with these other statements it is overwhelmingly likely that you are Scum at the moment compared to anyone else".

Incidentally, why didn't you just provide this paragraph of evidence and whatnot 5 posts ago, instead of spending 5 posts yelling at me first? Moreover, what the hell is "extended evidence"?

Go ahead. Seriously. Go ahead. I am absolutely dying to see what SUPER ALICE, MAFIA MASTER has to say. If you have anything that isn't the same as what I'm doing, I'll raise my hands and admit I've got nothing. In the same vein, Realize what you said applies to -you- as well. I've avoided outright saying it, But you can be scum too.
Thanks, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking coffee right now because otherwise it would be on my monitor. While I do appreciate the compliments, I am not sure what your point is. Yes, I AM doing exactly what you are now doing, except (imho) slightly better than you are. But at its core it is the same. I am NOT doing exactly what you have done in the past couple posts, which is whine and bitch and moan and vaguely point fingers at other people.

And, um, last time I checked, everyone has an equal chance of being Scum. Including myself. Welcome to random numbers and mafia setups.

Incidentally, if you think I'm Scum, provide evidence. If you don't, then what was the point of making that statement in the first place?

Chaore

« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2010, 05:41:34 AM »
Wait what.

Post numbers make it get through? Huh. It'd also again be the whole go through memory, I write things as I think them. Normally, That doesn't include post numbers.

That was just me honestly asking what the hell was different. Apparently, Post numbers make the world go round.

The scum bit was again, Me not understanding Post Numbers make it work. I didn't actually get the whole Post numbers thing.

Previously I was posting by Event, But not with the timing and posts of events.

I'll just stick to this from now on. All trouble gets saved.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2010, 05:49:18 AM »
Post numbers, quotes, links, essentially anything to show that the statements you are making have a basis in fact and reality, and are not just something you're making out of thin air (as opposed to making something out of fat air? (sulfur hexafluoride?))

Incidentally, making sure your statements refer back to a post would have prevented things like you mis-stating Edible mentioning Zakeri at one point. In any order, glad you have things figured out now~

Chaore

« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2010, 05:52:37 AM »
Aye, Aye.

I think I can get it from your point now, Sorry for dragging you through on the wrong length.