Author Topic: Keine Quest (Part 2): Broken History  (Read 71637 times)

Re: Keine Quest (Part 2): Broken History
« Reply #930 on: August 16, 2010, 10:56:38 PM »
>Grin.
>Check the seeking stone.

>You can't help but smile at the sight of a real sky again. It feels like ages since you've seen it, as it is.
>The seeking stone is pointing about 10 degrees off vertical, at the moment, with about a 15 degree angle to your left.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #931 on: August 16, 2010, 11:07:59 PM »
>Look up for signs of a well bucket.

« Reply #932 on: August 16, 2010, 11:16:35 PM »
>Look up for signs of a well bucket.

>You don't see one immediately. Wait... is that a face that just appeared over the top? Make that two faces.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: August 16, 2010, 11:24:14 PM »
>Step back into them shadows quietly.
>Whisper: "We did it. Great job, Suika."

« Reply #934 on: August 16, 2010, 11:28:01 PM »
>Step back into them shadows quietly.

>You step back in. You're not sure if you were seen or not. You're pretty deep down, so it's possible they didn't notice you.

>Whisper: "We did it. Great job, Suika."

>She nods back at you. "Told you I could do it! Us Devas are serious."

>You hear tiny voice from above you. "What was that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #935 on: August 16, 2010, 11:32:30 PM »
>Put a finger to our lips, and hover back.

« Reply #936 on: August 16, 2010, 11:36:47 PM »
>Put a finger to our lips, and hover back.

>Hover back where? Back to the exit? Or back down the tunnel where the others are?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #937 on: August 16, 2010, 11:45:26 PM »
>To the tunnels where the rest are.

« Reply #938 on: August 16, 2010, 11:48:24 PM »
>To the tunnels where the rest are.

>You quietly head back down to join the rest. As you leave, you can hear two people talking to each other above, their voices growing more faint as you proceed.
>"How're we going to explain this?" one says.
>"I don't even know what happened!" the other comments. You can't really catch much more than this.

>You emerge from the lower end up the tunnel, where Mokou and Rumia are.
>"So, what's the score?" Mokou asks.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #939 on: August 16, 2010, 11:55:17 PM »
>"We hit well. We're in. And we have only a short time before more people investigate."
>"Anyways, Mokou, this is going to be your time to shine. Remember, our goal isn't to simply get revenge, but to break the spell they've woven over the moon. Which, I would argue, would be the best revenge. But that's me. This means, don't let Kaguya or Eirin distract you too much. That said, chances are we are going to have to defeat one or either of them. Just, don't lose yourself to it. Okay?"

« Reply #940 on: August 17, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
>"We hit well. We're in. And we have only a short time before more people investigate."

>You can see a grin start to form on Mokou's face as you say this, equal parts happy and menacing. Oh boy...

>"Anyways, Mokou, this is going to be your time to shine. Remember, our goal isn't to simply get revenge, but to break the spell they've woven over the moon. Which, I would argue, would be the best revenge. But that's me. This means, don't let Kaguya or Eirin distract you too much. That said, chances are we are going to have to defeat one or either of them. Just, don't lose yourself to it. Okay?"

>"What?" Mokou says. "Don't let the bitch distract me? Ain't she why I'm here at all?" It looks like she wants to just break off and tear out the well right this moment. Still, she seems to hesitate a bit.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: August 17, 2010, 12:32:08 AM »
>"If you absolutely must...wait until we break the spell, then do it. Though, to be honest, I'd prefer it if you held back and didn't give the the satisfaction of knowing her presence does that to you. But, it's your choice. Just, let's finish the job, first."

« Reply #942 on: August 17, 2010, 12:33:46 AM »
>"If you absolutely must...wait until we break the spell, then do it. Though, to be honest, I'd prefer it if you held back and didn't give the the satisfaction of knowing her presence does that to you. But, it's your choice. Just, let's finish the job, first."

>"....how do you think we're supposed to break it?" she says, at length.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #943 on: August 17, 2010, 12:42:21 AM »
>"That is what we'll have to find out. If it takes beating Kaguya or her doctor into a pulp to do it, then you have my blessings."

« Reply #944 on: August 17, 2010, 12:50:07 AM »
>"That is what we'll have to find out. If it takes beating Kaguya or her doctor into a pulp to do it, then you have my blessings."

>Mokou smirks. "Then what are we sitting around for?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: August 17, 2010, 12:55:04 AM »
>Back to the entrance.
>On the way, "There may be people observing, still. I would prefer not to make a grand entrance yet, if possible. So please try not to make too much noise."

« Reply #946 on: August 17, 2010, 01:02:12 AM »
>Back to the entrance.
>On the way, "There may be people observing, still. I would prefer not to make a grand entrance yet, if possible. So please try not to make too much noise."

>"Got it," Mokou replies.
>As you start to leave, Suika speaks. "Well, I did what I said I'd do, and you've got your tunnel to the surface. Can't let the party end without me!" She turns and starts to walk away. "Good luck fixing things, hakutaku."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #947 on: August 17, 2010, 01:11:00 AM »
> "Thanks for the help!"
> Wave goodbye to Suika.
> Get ready for a climactic fight scene.
> Head up to the surface slowly.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #948 on: August 17, 2010, 01:23:58 AM »
> "Thanks for the help!"
> Wave goodbye to Suika.

>You thank Suika and wave goodbye. She waves back, without turning around.

> Get ready for a climactic fight scene.

>You take a deep breath. You're finally within reach of your ultimate goal here. And there's a very good chance that people aren't going to take kindly to your presence. You only hope the three of you are sufficiently prepared.

> Head up to the surface slowly.

>You, Mokou, and Rumia head back towards the well, keeping as quiet as you can. You poke your head out the opening and look up. You don't see anyone there at the moment.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #949 on: August 17, 2010, 02:02:03 AM »
>Emerge, get a look at the surroundings. And keep an eye out for people who would have seen us.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #950 on: August 17, 2010, 02:06:36 AM »
>BGM: Cinderella Cage ~ Kagome-Kagome
>Keep an eye out for anybody, really.

« Reply #951 on: August 17, 2010, 02:29:26 AM »
>BGM: Cinderella Cage ~ Kagome-Kagome

>You switch to a thematically appropriate BGM. ....wait, what?

>Emerge, get a look at the surroundings. And keep an eye out for people who would have seen us.
>Keep an eye out for anybody, really.

>You emerge from the well and find yourself in a moderately sized courtyard. You are in the southwest corner of the area, near to two walls. There is a small outbuilding with a brown tiled roof to your immediate north, and a similar longer one to your east. Entrances to the mansion proper appear to be along the north and east edge of the courtyard, where the roof overhangs a wooden walkway, although the nearby outbuildings partially obscure your view of the rest of the courtyard. You don't immediately see anyone else here.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #952 on: August 17, 2010, 02:38:27 AM »
>Do we have any familiarity with Eientei at all?
>"Know where we are, Mokou?"

« Reply #953 on: August 17, 2010, 02:45:47 AM »
>Do we have any familiarity with Eientei at all?

>You've been there once before, during one of the exhibitions Kaguya held, but you only saw a small portion of the mansion, and this place doesn't look familiar

>"Know where we are, Mokou?"

>"They didn't exactly give me the guided tour last time I was here," she grumbles. "I think Kaguya's room is that way, though." She points east.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #954 on: August 17, 2010, 02:49:46 AM »
>Ponder how the charm was broke last time, so we know whether to chase after Kaguya or Eirin.

« Reply #955 on: August 17, 2010, 02:55:34 AM »
>Ponder how the charm was broke last time, so we know whether to chase after Kaguya or Eirin.

>Although the spell itself was Eirin's, as best you understand it, you think its removal came about after Reimu and Yukari beat up Kaguya, at which point they voluntarily decided to undo it. You're not sure the beating up part affected the spell in any profound way other than changing their minds about it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #956 on: August 17, 2010, 03:00:35 AM »
>"In my time, it was defeating Kaguya that served as a catalyst for them bringing down the barrier. Rather, it was enough to convince them to rethink things. I would like to have a word with her, Mokou, before you tear her to pieces, if you don't mind?"
>Follow Mokou's directions toward the Princess' room.

« Reply #957 on: August 17, 2010, 03:13:45 AM »
>"In my time, it was defeating Kaguya that served as a catalyst for them bringing down the barrier. Rather, it was enough to convince them to rethink things. I would like to have a word with her, Mokou, before you tear her to pieces, if you don't mind?"

>Mokou's face twists through a series of expressions as she wrestles with conflicting impulses. "Do you have to?" she grumbles. Then sighs. "Fine, fine."

>Follow Mokou's directions toward the Princess' room.

>You head across the courtyard towards the eastern wall. There is a simple sliding door near the southern end of the wall, beneath the overhang.
>"I don't really know the inside of the place that well," Mokou says, "but I'm pretty sure here place is somewhere to the east. I'd say fly up, but I don't know if that'll just throw us out again, now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #958 on: August 17, 2010, 03:22:42 AM »
>"Well just have to work our day there.  And hope that their faith in the ward is lax enough that there is little security."
>Listen at the south door. Presuming there is no sound of voices or oncoming people, slide it open. If there is no one to be seen in front of us or in peripheral vision,  peek in and look around.
>If the cost is clear, enter.

« Reply #959 on: August 17, 2010, 03:29:04 AM »
>"Well just have to work our day there.  And hope that their faith in the ward is lax enough that there is little security."

>Mokou nods. "They never really had guards, anyway. Rabbits don't exactly make good defenders. But they're pretty good at raising a ruckus quickly."

>Listen at the south door. Presuming there is no sound of voices or oncoming people, slide it open. If there is no one to be seen in front of us or in peripheral vision,  peek in and look around.
>If the cost is clear, enter.

>You listen to the door, but don't hear any obvious noises. You quietly slide it open. There is a long wooden-floored corridor extending ahead of you. You can see several rooms along the side of it, and another door at the opposite end of the corridor. No sign of people. You poke your head in and take a look to your sides. Another corridor also heads north, to your left, along the wall. You see a rabbit some distance down it, but she appears to be back on.