Author Topic: Touhou fantasy  (Read 138771 times)

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
Re: Touhou fantasy
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »
Got it done! Working great now, thanks <3

By my opinion for Status Bless, I think dropping Amnesia and Silence may work out, since they mirror each other and some other things <3

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 10:53:03 PM »
Probably (though coding all of that is gonna be a coding nightmare, especially since Youmu right now has 15 weapons to mess with compared to everyone else's 4-8). I'd have to set up a lot of Conditional Branches to check what stance she's in, what's equipped and what statuses she has on (yes, Weapon/Status Bless both use dummy statuses that do absolutely nothing themselves. They're just there to allow me to DO the command). It'll get complicated for sure, but I'll see what I can do to make it compatible with those 2 at the very least.

The thing is, which stances to give her? The same as from Genius of Sapphieros?

Trying to be unique with the game while taking ideas from other games...wonder if that's being unique at all! lol...

To add to this, I'm still fixing up Hope's default skillset (it has a lot of skills in it compared to her other skillsets. Roughly 12-14 abilities in it compared to the measly 8 in every other skillset). However, it may/may not change depending on if I get the Bubble status working or not. If I cannot, there will be an additional slot left open. If I do, then there's ONLY one slot left open right now. In addition, I'm wanting to do something with her Esuna ability. Why? Because if she just has Esuna, then that makes Reisen completely useless otherwise, and Reimu's status healing move is mostly useless too since you can just use that ability. Here's some ideas I have for it:

Make Basuna (cure temporary statuses. 15 MP.), Esuna (cure permanent statuses. 15 MP), Refresh (cures all statuses. 25 MP), Renew (restores all HP to all allies. 98 MP), Refreshga (AoE Refresh. 100 MP).

Note, Renew is probably going to be an enemy-only ability and never used by Hope (if anything, it MAY be a Blue Magic spell for Koishi later since I still need to redo her Blue Magic list...). Note, Basuna/Esuna may also instead of being temp/perma statuses do what Adrenaline/Sake does (cure Movement or Mental Restriction abilities). Hard to say right now! Refresh is what Esuna WOULD be normally, mind you. And right now, she DOES have both Esuna and Esunaga (which is Refresh and Refreshga up there). So yeah...

@ Tangrelle: The problem though, is that the only OTHER way to inflict Amnesia is through Yuuka's crappy attack. There is literally no other way for the player to inflict said status on the enemy (nobody has any weapons or abilities other than Yuuka that does so). Hard to say! @_@

Tangrelle

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2012, 01:03:01 AM »
Huh, well, that's something, then!

I would also like to report that while I was traversing through the Forest of magic Easy Path, I could use a Tent without needing to be on a save spot. Although I admit that it saved my butt a few times, I figure I should mention that!

And as for the response on removing statii from Status Bless or whatever, if that is the case then you may want to remove two of the most common statii available, right? Something like that.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2012, 01:08:54 AM »
Hmm....that's something that's not supposed to happen. I probably forgot to turn the switch off there then.

And because I forgot to include battle animations...

Version 1.03 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?ranbrvw1b6aib16

Might have other bugs to fix too (like that Tent one. Though that's minor, still needs fixed >_> )

EDIT - Ah...apparently it must've been on the way back, because there was a switch that's supposed to be off that wasn't...fixed!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:14:13 AM by Xenomic »

Tangrelle

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2012, 01:33:09 AM »
And...now I appear to be stuck! So sorry.

I am at the point in the SDM where things get crazy and i need to collect keys. I have all four of them, but Patchy's door won't open! Did I miss one? I could have sworn it was four.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2012, 01:38:28 AM »
There's a bug with the game (that I have never been able to resolve) that it gives you a Barrier Key way before even the event, so you'll need to get 5 instead of 4 (there's still 4 in the mansion. Just ignore that extra one that you got prior to it...I'll figure out where it's coming from someday! >_<'' )

Tangrelle

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2012, 01:49:38 AM »
Oh? How confusing. I'll keep looking, then! So far I have one from a fairy who gave it to me in the top right area, one from VIVIT, one in a well, and another...from elsewhere. I forget. I guess I'll get on it!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 12:45:26 AM »
So now, I am currently in need of a mapper badly. Why? Well, we all know how much I LOVE doing mapping (no, I hate mapping really...), but as of right now, I am currently busy updating the database with a bunch of new things. Therefore, I can't really do both the database AND mapping at the same time very well...and by having someone do mapping while I work on the database, that would kill two birds with one stone (and make this go by so much faster...if the mapper knows how to set up events as well, that'd make it go by even MORE quicker...so yeah, if anyone is willing to help on on this, do drop me a line and such. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated ^^;;

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2012, 01:04:58 AM »
Uhh, I have a problem when playing the game.
For some reason, the BGM won't start on some events and places.
And I can't seem to encounter any enemies on the world map.
Am I missing something here? I already downloaded the most recent patch ,all BGMs, and RTP file, so I'm really confused here.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
Are you sure you got ALL of the music and put the music themselves into a folder called "Music" and not left in ANY folders inside the Music folder?

As for on the world map, you're not supposed to run into any enemies on the World Map.

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2012, 05:46:47 AM »
I already make sure of that. There are currently 255 files in Music.
Umm, what do you mean by "not left in ANY folders inside the Music folder?"

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »
The files should be in the Music folder alone, not in any folders inside the folder. For instance, you should not have a Beta1 Music folder with songs in it inside the Music folder itself, otherwise the game will not read it.

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
I think I solved the problem now. It turned out that I also need to download Beta 1-4 BGMs.
I thought the latest beta version would also include the previous ones, orz.

Spoiler:
By the way, where should I go after meeting Yukari and Rinnosuke at Kourindou?
I also found Mystia and Rumia in Forest of Magic. Are they mandatory?
Both of them are too strong for my party....

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
I think I solved the problem now. It turned out that I also need to download Beta 1-4 BGMs.
I thought the latest beta version would also include the previous ones, orz.

Spoiler:
By the way, where should I go after meeting Yukari and Rinnosuke at Kourindou?
I also found Mystia and Rumia in Forest of Magic. Are they mandatory?
Both of them are too strong for my party....
Spoiler:
Rumia shouldn't be too hard for your party, unless you mean the double battle?  Rumia's a Shadow-elemental.  Therefore, Reimu can probably deal some nice damage to her, yes?  As for Mystia, if you're talking about the fight at the start of Hard path, well...it's called Hard for a reason.  That fight's not meant to just be go in, have no trouble, and get out.  I believe there's a rabbit or two in that fight.  If so, kill that/those first, since they can heal enemies.  If you want more help, feel free to PM me, ok?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »
Yeah, I split the music files into separate archives to make it easier for ME to know what's in what (though obviously, that's not the case with the recent music files since I keep putting things into the newer files that are already in other files). I'll reupload the Music files at a later date (more than likely stick beta1-4 music all in one rar, then stick all of the other music into one rar as well). But ya know, Mediafire's lame 200 MB limit and all that...

« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 10:03:26 PM »
Ok just got serious about the game due to free time and wanted say that the winter forest is the perfect place to gain exp when your lvl 8~30 just have many items, cirno( mystia's attack causes great confusion), or teammates with lvl2 or greater area attacks. anyway the game is just awesome and the storyline is superb can't wait to see the finished product with new areas to explore :D .

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2012, 03:06:10 AM »
Whew....oh! H-Hello there! Been a bit eh?

So I've been busy wrapping things up (Weapon Bless is FINALLY fully done, after 3 1/2 weeks of doing it. Status Bless has been dropped though, since well...I am not manually copy/pasting/editing 2000+ items again). Heat status is in now (yes, Heat from FFIX) and almost fully done, Nue's Morph command now works as it should (originally, it only worked if enemy had 10 HP or less, and it did not give the item if used on the last standing enemy. Now it works regardless of who's alive, and if HP is less than 10% of Max HP), Reimu now has the Pray command (so that it's not wasted, and also free healing that's not bad at the start of the game I suppose), and due to all of this, managed to save 29 battle event pages (the max is 100, and I had like 79 so yeah). Which also means all of the Reverse Doll coding is in the Auto-Life coding (and it works differently too. Instead of 100% auto-breaking the accessory and being left with no accessory, it'll break the accessory and then equip another Reverse Doll, assuming you still have at least 1 left in your inventory).

Whew, wall of text! Still got things to go through though (Miracle command for Sanae which I haven't decided on what to do with, Remilia's Souleater command, Yumemi's Tinker command, Suwako's and Nitori's Armor Bless commands, Disease/Bubble statuses if those can be worked correctly, and fully implementing FFIX's version of Freeze if possible). Then I get to copy/paste allllll of these to 400 some enemy groups (and edit things to work CORRECTLY too, this including things like the Intel, Steals, etc.). Gonna take a while to do! And this, my friend, is why I've been looking for mappers the most for a while lol. @_@

Note, I have to ALSO include Mokou's Auto-Revive as well, which is probably going to be put into the Auto-Life common event, for posterity's sake and to make life easier for me. There is probably other things I'm forgetting, but that's the gist of this update! If anyone wants to help with mapping, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do let me know! I really need these guys to make it through the story faster! ;_;

Also, really need to fix grind spots....but that's for later when I finish the game and start implementing sidequests...sidequests later will take the bulk of EXP instead of random encounters. Just saiyan!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2012, 04:37:34 AM »
So, new stuff! Need to brainstorm so if you're willing to listen (or read, whichever), this is what's going down for characters!

Sanae: Miracle command has been completely changed and no longer acts as a random effect generator (which arguably, her Fortune Packets would work better as but those are her heals...). Instead, it acts just like Angel's Snack from FFIX. In other words, here's how it works; when the command is chosen, it will use 1 Faith item from your inventory on your entire party. That's all it does. If you have no Faiths, then it will instead recover 10% of your party's Max MP. However, due to THIS now, Faiths can no longer be bought at shops (it can still be crafted though), and Faiths can no longer be used by the party. Faiths are also pretty uncommon now (though not too rare since you need them for that ability). The problem though is whether or not they should not be buyable now or not (they do cost 3000 Yen to buy). Crafting them is a bit costly as well (right now, takes 2 Sake and 2 Adrenaline (originally took Holy Waters too, but that was all sorts of messed up with that one) to make 1 Faith).

Hope: The only new thing right now with her is the Reverse spell. No, it does nothing like it did in FFXII. In fact, it only reverses the effects of statuses for your party. For instance, if your character has Poison and you use the spell, Poison is removed and that person gets Regen. Likewise, if the character has Regen and you use the spell, the character will get Poison. It's not fully implemented yet as I need to figure out what statuses will be "reversed" with what...

Remilia: Souleater is now fully functional and will deal damage to all enemies and Remilia equal to 33% of Remilia's MAX HP (meaning even if she's not at Max HP, it'll still do the same amount of damage each time). Of even more important note is that I MAY make it Shadow attribute (well, it's not technically Shadow because I can't make Switch type abilities elemental), though it will not heal Remilia still at all.

Yumemi: Yumemi has a new set of abilities in her Machina command that she'll have at all times, regardless of what weapon she has equipped so she can at least do SOMETHING. These are all lifted from FFTA/FFTA2:

Red Spring: 8 MP, Haste on either all enemies or allies.
Green Gear: 8 MP, Poison on either all enemies or allies.
Silver Disc: 8 MP, Armor Break on either all enemies or allies.
Chroma Gem: 8 MP, Damages MP to either all enemies or allies.
Gold Battery: 8 MP, Heals MP either to all enemies or allies.
Black Ingot: 8 MP, Fear on either all enemies or allies.

Again, I'm iffy about having statuses for these because of Hope (with the Pestilence/Death subskills) and Komachi (single target skills). In addition, Yumemi also has Lucky 7 (straight from FFIX); which deals either 7, 77, 777, or 7777 damage to all enemies if the last digit of her HP is equal to 7. I haven't figured out how to code this yet, but I'm sure it's possible to do....maybe.

The OTHER thing with Yumemi, is ther secondary command is going to be like Sanae's old Miracle command, in that it does a random effect. The problem here, and thus the brainstorming, is what all effects should it do? I would like to have one effect, and then have the complete opposite of that effect as a 50/50 chance if that subability is chosen at random (for instance, if the 3% chance End Game subability is chosen at random, there would be a 50% chance of either getting Instant Victory (all enemies are instantly defeated regardless of Instant Death immunity) or Game Over (your party is instantly defeated regardless of Instant Death immunity).

Yuuka: Yuuka may actually get a secondary command ability called Scare (not sure what else to call it right now). What will this do? When used (will only target one enemy), if it succeeds, it will force the target to flee from the battle and give less EXP/Yen than if you defeated it (10% is what I'm thinking of the original value), but will increase the chance you have of getting its item. Obviously will not work on bosses, and harder to use on Notorious Monsters. May be made level dependent.

Whew, long post is long. Not sure what all else to do with these, but wanting to get these done before I move on with Momiji/Youmu/Nitori/Suwako stuff (Momiji and Youmu with their special self-buffs, Nitori/Suwako for the Armor Blesses). Hope to hear your ideas on this!

Tangrelle

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2012, 02:11:03 AM »
I think Threaten may be a better name instead of Scare, although either sound interchangeable, really. Threaten in my opinion, sounds scarier <3 That or sadism. But sadism probably wouldn't make sense with such an effect <3

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2012, 03:00:21 AM »
If Threaten fits,t hen Threaten it is! Will get to that later though...currently having issues putting in Exclusion (yup, ANOTHER thing borrowed from DoSM/GoS/Maroku). I just loooove to borrow things it seems, but eh. This game is one big reference to a whole bunch of other games anyways, and coming up with original stuff isn't that easy nowadays! >_>

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2012, 06:03:54 AM »
Ok, so I have a VERY special request of anyone who is willing to help. No, this isn't about mapping (though I can still use help on that) or spriting (same dealio). This is, in fact, regarding the music files. You see, I DO intend on making the MP3 files into 0GG files for the final release (or at least get them into OGG now). However, as you already know, I am very busy with the database stuff, and quite frankly it would take me a long time to figure out how to work Audacity right and convert everything.

So, what does this mean? This mean that I would like to inquire about help with converting all of the MP3 files into OGG format. Yes, ALL of the music files in the game (or at least whichever ones you guys have right now). ANYONE that can do this, I would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated of you...no seriously. This would also cut down on how long it would take to download everything for the game too. Of course, I'll need the download links for the files AFTER the conversion and I'll have to spend quite a bit of time fixing all of the music files in-game, and everyone will have to redownload the music files for it to work in-game, but hey...less filesize, and for new people easier to get right? ^^;

EDIT - Hold on....apparently people telling me to make the files OGG were well...I don't know what they were thinking. 2k3 only supports Midi, Wav, and MP3 files....so um...yeah. Seems that I got double screwed on this one lol. I don't know what's smaller now at all ;_; 

Ok, so now I ask, what is the best option for music now? Lowering quality of MP3? using MIDI? Using WAV? I don't know anymore, and I don't know what to do about converting and whatnot. Feel like I'm wasting peoples time now ;_;
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:45:21 AM by Xenomic »

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2012, 08:10:58 PM »
im a stickler for music so lowering quality is a no. the best way to lower file size is to cut the bitrate, so instead of a mp3 with a bitrate of 320 cut to 160 or 120. the file size will almost certainly be cut in half. there are free programs that you can use like audacity and the like, just remember that anything lower than 100 and you will lose alot of the sound quality. hope this helps :)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »
Oi vey....wonder if I can't get someone to do THAT for me then (lowering the bitrates or whatnot of the MP3s) while I'm working on the database? Twould be helpful, but would still be pretty big of a filesize (though I guess it's better than 1 GB of music eh?)

Jq1790

« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2012, 02:00:36 AM »
I know I never got around to doing those loopings I'd said I'd do, but this I know I can pull off, and should be able to complete by the end of the night, so I'll get it on Mediafire when it's completed.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2012, 03:54:53 AM »
Oh riiiight....I actually forgot all about the looping lol. Glad you reminded me about that~ OWO

But in all seriousness, forgot also that you even knew about how to deal with that stuff for some reason. Would be neato if you could as long as the sound loss isn't TOO bad. That's gonna be a lot of songs to downsize though @_@

Jq1790

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2012, 04:15:45 AM »
Oh riiiight....I actually forgot all about the looping lol. Glad you reminded me about that~ OWO

But in all seriousness, forgot also that you even knew about how to deal with that stuff for some reason. Would be neato if you could as long as the sound loss isn't TOO bad. That's gonna be a lot of songs to downsize though @_@
Haha, not gonna be worrying about the looping myself.  Dunno where I left off on that and it's gonna take a long while to do, plus I can only do it in the barest sense, so having someone else do that part'd be better.  Still gonna downsize the music though.

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2012, 04:25:28 AM »
After I switch sakuya to my party the character gets faster and the battle music stops playing, is this normal? ???

Jq1790

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2012, 04:30:44 AM »
After I switch sakuya to my party the character gets faster and the battle music stops playing, is this normal? ???
Party getting faster yes, music stopping I'ma guess no.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2012, 04:36:59 AM »
If you aren't getting battle music, then more than likely you chose a character to be your leader that you don't have the song for and which means you don't have all of the music in the game. Need to get ALL of the music files (this includes the Additional Music, More Music, etc. files)

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »
Just played for seven hours straight, its official this game is pure awesomeness. The team moriya vs rinnosuke fight had me over the moon with its superb "we won't lose to you!" Battle music and epic story battle. I must say rinnosuke reminds me of sephiroth and I like it. Anyway back to seven more hours of grinding  :D