Author Topic: Touhou fantasy  (Read 139013 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Re: Touhou fantasy
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »
Well what I'm going to be doing is when you first get characters, have a little tutorial about their secondary commands basically. So when you first get Momiji, you'll go through the scene as normal, and at the very end of the dialogue, you'll get the little message about what Momiji can do and whatnot, and what her Mad Rush does. The unused town will also be turned into an information/tutorial place for those that want to know more about stuff and whatnot.

« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »
Now that's a good idea  :D so are you going to have characters get bonus exp for doing the tutorial or op out for cash/health & mp items?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »
No no...it's not like I'm going to make you do a tutorial fight just to show what the ability is. Just a message such as "Momiji comes with the Mad Rush command, which will inflict Berserk, Protect, and Haste on the entire party. Be wary of using this though! It bypasses all protection to Berserk, so if you need to use anyone for anything specific...". Something like that.

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »
I see. well that clears everything up thanks for the info :D

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2012, 07:48:01 AM »
Oh dear, I got hit by the speed bug again after the events in Prismriver Mansion. It seems like having Sakuya in your party combined with forced party switches messes up the walking speed. At one point earlier I was walking super fast after an event and in another one I had Sakuya-speed without her in the party. A new event seems to reset the speed to normal again, but playing on the very slow walking speed is dreadful.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2012, 07:51:02 AM »
Do you have save file before those events at all? If you do, toss it my way so that I may take a look at it. If not, then well...dunno when it happens. I'm assuming after you beat Prismrivers? Or when exactly did the speed stuff happen?

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »
Like I said, it happened after the events in the mansion, when you're back on the world map with Momiji alone in the party. There I have the normal speed, but as soon as I use the HRCS the game puts me on slug mode.
I do have a save file just before the fight against Chaos in the mansion and where the bug hasn't happened yet. Want me to send it to you?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2012, 08:11:57 AM »
Hmm....so you had Sakuya speed when you got forced to choose your party members after Prismrivers, or when you had to use forced party after Chaos? I'm assuming after Chaos...if so, then I'll have to fix that. I think I know what the problem is...was the cutscene slower than usual too, or did it kick in as soon as you finished Chaos?

« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2012, 08:20:49 AM »
I had Sakuya in the party before the Prismrivers, chose her again for the team in the basement to fight Chaos. I didn't notice the speed bug until after using HRCS, but I think I'll play through that part again while keeping an eye on the run speed.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2012, 08:22:48 AM »
Wait....you could use the HRCS during that part? Or are you talking about the HRCS-version after Prismrivers?

But yes, do let me know if you can. This is where I need to make debug room have a spot for each event and have a teleport to each event lol...

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2012, 08:59:37 AM »
Okay just played the Chaos and other boss fight and watched the cutscenes again. After the Chaos fight when Sakuya is no longer in my party, the speed reverts to the normal one. After that there are no changes to speed, the cutscene is normal too.  And yes, I was talking about the HRCS-version with all the characters lined up. However, the HRCS I used to have the bug show up was on the world map. I hope it's clear now. :)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »
Ok, so the speed is normal as it should be during the cutscene.  So essentially, everything was normal then until you used HRCS on the world map, then it slowed down? That's what I'm gathering at the moment.

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2012, 09:07:49 AM »
Yes you got it right. My guess is the game still thinks Sakuya is in the party when Momiji is alone on the world map, just not with her speed boost. And after using the HRCS she gets "kicked out", lowering the speed.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2012, 07:55:28 PM »
Which may be due to me forgetting to setting it so that the variable and switch that controls the speed is shut off and reduced to 0 when you are forced to use different party members...actually, just give me the save file. Might be much easier for me to check it that way lol. This is confusing me trying to think about it and will be easier to just see it in action.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2012, 06:29:05 AM »
FINALLY done with Armor Elemental Bless! Hurray!!!

Next up on my agenda is setting up the rest of the secondary Command abilities, testing them out, and then going from there. Problem is, I need someone to brainstorm ideas with for setting up abilities! I already got a Sacrifice command (same as the Sacrifice skill in FFIX), a Threaten command (chance of forcing target to flee, get 10% of target's EXP/Yen, but higher chance to get enemy's Item drop), and a Focus command (increases a variable by 1 each use, up to 8. If user uses the Attack command after Focus, then user attacks X amount of times, where X = Amount of Focus charges, which then reduces the Focus charges back to 0). Not sure what else to add in! Armor Status Bless will wait until later, as will special states (temporary Physical Resist Up armor, temporary Critical% Up/Slash-All/Ignore Defense weapons for each Stance move for a character, etc. etc.).

Man, I knew my game was gonna be huge, but this is much bigger than I thought! Was hoping to get a patch out this weekend or next but not sure if I'll be able to manage that! Must find brainstorming buddy! @_@

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2012, 07:34:50 AM »
I went through the Readme and by the looks of it not many characters are missing a secondary command anymore.  :)
I got some ideas for the ones still missing a command:

Reisen - Insanity: random status to all targets
Keine - Teach: random stat boost to all allies OR Hakutaku: change form and goes berserk (like Vincent in FFVII)
Advent Cirno - Concentrate: next attack cannot miss/has higher chance of hitting
Utsuho - Overcharge: Uses up all MP to deal MP times X amount of damage (10x maybe?)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2012, 07:45:36 AM »
Aye, not many are indeed. Gonna go with the Keine one even though I told Latios I wouldn't, but it's the only thing that'll work (and it's a nice little subtle reference to Vincent too). Advent Cirno's seems like it'd be OP what with how powerful her skills are, and Reisen's would make Suwako's Ancient Jade skill useless as that's supposed to be Bad Breath. Utsuho's is also kinda OP as well I think...not too sure yet. MIGHT go with it though...

EDIT - Utsuho's Overcharge will be in, but altered slightly.  What it will do is as follows: Sacrifice all of Utsuho's MP and 75% Max HP to deal damage to all enemies and allies (excluding Utsuho) equal to x15 MP.

Hakutaku will do the following: Change Keine to EX Keine. EX Keine has Keine's stats, but is in perma-Berserk/Power Up/Magic Up/Protect/Haste status. If reduce to 0 HP, returns back to normal.

Reisen and Advent Cirno still need better ideas I think. Advent Cirno MIGHT get the Charge command instead (forcing all Near-Death party members to auto-attack when the command is issued. Not sure yet). Others that don't have a secondary command ability include: Yumemi (she WAS going to get Tinker, but don't know how that would've worked...and she was going to get a Slots type ability, but dunno if that'd fit), Koishi (don't know if she NEEDS one), Hope (probably doesn't need one at all),
Spoiler:
Alice
, and
Spoiler:
Yukari
. Only one temporary character is getting a secondary command...and well, that's because of storyline reasons!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:05:41 AM by Xenomic »

« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2012, 08:17:44 AM »
Oh right, didn't think about Suwako's skill since I haven't used her at all. Maybe make Reisen's ability lower a random stat instead? Or give her the Control ability from FF VI.
Not sure to whom, but one ability could be a random element spell cast on a target at random power (Don't I just love random effect skills :D)
My reasoning behind giving Advent Cirno the accuracy boost is because her skills have awful accuracy, and if you hit every 4th or 5th attack, I don't see a problem spending one turn to double your chance of hitting. Would make her a bit more consistent damage dealer.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »
Control would be nice, except that's awfully hard to do in here. That'd KINDA fit with Koishi too but again, awfully hard x_x;

Problem with doing elements with Command abilities is I have to "fake" the element, which means if there's anything that increases/decreases elemental resistances on the target, the skill would still be at the same damage/healing regardless.

The horrible accuracy is actually part of Advent Cirno's gimmick. The higher the level the ability, the higher the accuracy is. Reason it's awful at the start is because the base damage of the skills DOES NOT change per level; the damage is the exact same at every level. Think of it as her being inexperienced in that mode with powerful techniques in a way.

« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2012, 08:56:41 AM »
Got some more random goodiness ideas for Reisen :D  Insanity: Gives a random multiplier (from 0,2x to 2x?) to Exp/Yen gain after combat, usable only once per combat. I don't have any idea about the technical difficulties with these special abilities, so I'm just throwing them around...
Advent Cirno makes a lot more sense as you explained the skill changes per level. How about the Deathblow command then? (forced crit with lowered chance to hit)

Spoiler:
And one idea for Alice: Doll Wall - Give one ally a physical damage shield from one attack (like the Golem summon)
Spoiler:

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »
Deathblow was given to the one temporary character,
Spoiler:
Yorihime
, which has a low chance of dealing damage equal to 50% of the enemy's current/Max HP (I forget which, but the chance to hit is like 10-20% or something really low).

The hard part about doing EXP/Yen multipliers, which makes me really sad, is that you get the EXP/Yen directly after all monsters are gone...there's no way to directly influence them UNLESS you custom code all of the EXP/Yen yourself and apply it outside of battle. And if I don't want it to be applied to characters that normally couldn't get the EXP/Yen, I'd have to custom code that...it gets complicated lol.

Spoiler:
As for Alice's idea, problem there is that there's no way to make something last that long to work like that, let alone it's impossible to do an ability like that. I actually forgot all about Golem too lol...would've worked really well at that if it weren't for the impossiblity of doing it :<

« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
If that Deathblow is on a temporary character only, I don't see why it couldn't be on Advent Cirno too, especially if the function would be slightly different. Just name it Brutal Hit or something :)
A shame that many of the ability ideas I had aren't doable. So, there is no way to change the amount of EXP/Yen a monster gives upon dying during combat? How about item chance drop %?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2012, 08:13:11 PM »
No way to change that either. Yes, I know...RPG Maker 2k3 is pretty damn annoying lol. But we all gotta start somewhere right? I mean, hell Hachikuma started on a RPG Maker from what I've seen!

I could just let her use Deathblow anyways, but dunno if I'd go with the same formula as the current one or not if it's on another character. Deathblow WOULD fit with the whole accuracy deal thing that Advent's got going on though...I dunno.

« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2012, 01:08:35 AM »
Is there any way you can put all the music in a just one .rar?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2012, 01:12:03 AM »
I'll be doing that when I upload the patch either this weekend or next. The individual packs will still be there (just reuploaded via beta), but in a different folder for those that don't need all of the music files later.

« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2012, 02:48:23 PM »
I got some minor comments again:

- Would it be possible to add a "remove all equipment from all characters" feature in the HRCS, to the ghost for example? It's quite annoying having to take the previous party again and take off their stuff after a forced party switch event.
- I've noticed that if Momiji is in your party when you try to reset your party in HRCS, she won't leave the party. She really wants to come along...
- I feel that since a lot of the areas after Frozen Forest are either a) closed off after completed or b) too hard to comfortably fight in, there isn't too many places where you can get levels for the party members at lower levels without spending a lot of time grinding away.
- Since there isn't a page down feature in the item menu, would it be possible to make the game categorize the skill scrolls to be first ones in the menu? Buying 20+ skill scrolls at a time and having to scroll down for each one gets very grueling...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
1) I could do that. In fact, it'd probably be better to do so with how big the cast is.
2) Huh...thought I fixed up all of the HRCS stuff. I'm assuming this is right after Youkai Mountain still, but before the next dungeon?
3) EXP has always been an issue in this game. That will be taken care of much later, in beta8, with the implemention of sidequests (think of GoS's bulletin board thing. Kinda the same dealio here).
4) Can't do that unless I do a CMS (Custom Menu System), and that alone is terrible to try to do. I am, however, thinking of doing something that may take me yet another month to do (god, why does everything take a month to do!?). What I have planned is leaving the current skill learning system in (i.e. you use a skill scroll, you learn the skill and lose all other lower-levels of the skills). However, I'm also probably going to make it so that as long as you have the skill in your inventory, you'll have that skill to use in battle (highest level version of that skill of course. Don't want you to have all 10 levels of Fantasy Orb at your disposal!). That's gonna take quite a bit of time to do...but might be the best way of doing so. Reason? Well, there certainly won't be any enemies that'll try to Steal your stuff, or eat your stuff, or destroy your stuff, or anything like that! No sirree!

« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »
2) Huh...thought I fixed up all of the HRCS stuff. I'm assuming this is right after Youkai Mountain still, but before the next dungeon?

Well, I'm not sure since when that bug has been there, because I didn't use Momiji that much until she forced herself into the party. But the bug is still active when I'm about to re-visit Misty Lake.

That improvement to the skill system sounds good to me, and since those scrolls will be in your inventory, you no longer would have to remember/check what skills you have bought earlier. :)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2012, 08:30:57 PM »
Actually, what I MIGHT do with the skills instead, is when you get them in your inventory, the game will auto-use them for you so that you don't have to worry about using them ever (you'll still have to worry about having duplicates later, but that's nothing really).

So before you revisit Misty Lake then...it was fine before Poltergeist Mansion I'm assuming? Because if so, then it's something to do with between Poltergeist Mansion and Misty Lake, since it should correct itself on that afterwards.

« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2012, 09:17:26 PM »
So before you revisit Misty Lake then...it was fine before Poltergeist Mansion I'm assuming? Because if so, then it's something to do with between Poltergeist Mansion and Misty Lake, since it should correct itself on that afterwards.

No, I'm afraid you misunderstood my words. The Momiji bug has been around as long as I can remember, basically from the very first time I tried to reset the party with the ghost in HRCS. I hope this is a general type of bug, since I have no idea what could be the triggering event here (anywhere from Youkai Mountain to first visit in Higan).