Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5  (Read 59479 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5
« Reply #960 on: September 29, 2014, 07:14:59 AM »
>Stand up
>"I'm afraid we're going to have to take a recess. The Champion of Air seems to have decided that now is a good time to make its presence known again."

>"Isn't that convenient." Madame Knowledge sneers.
>"No, I sense it too." Haruka cuts her off, standing as well. "It's coming from the stables." That statement gets the three officers to the feet as one.
>"'zat what that smell is?" the crocodillian youkai snarls as she casts her eyes towards the rear door.

« Reply #961 on: September 29, 2014, 07:23:38 AM »
>"I believe so, yes."
>Let's head off towards the stables with purpose, and try not to let anyone get ahead of us there.
>Keep our senses peeled for any changes in its aura, or other fluctuations.

« Reply #962 on: September 29, 2014, 08:44:19 PM »
>Let's head off towards the stables with purpose, and try not to let anyone get ahead of us there.

>Did you wish to go through the building or out and around to the stables?

« Reply #963 on: September 30, 2014, 01:19:57 AM »
>There's an interior path that leads to the stables? Do we even know it? Would it be quicker than outside?

« Reply #964 on: September 30, 2014, 01:50:19 AM »
>There's an interior path that leads to the stables? Do we even know it? Would it be quicker than outside?

>There is a rear door in this room, and the foul smell of the Air Champion is coming from that direction. Plus, it would make sense for the police to have two or more access routes to their mounts in the event one of them was blocked. You assume at least that this leads to the stable.
>As for whether or not it would be quicker, that you don't know. It would depend on the layout of the building.

« Reply #965 on: September 30, 2014, 02:57:55 AM »
>To Komachi: "Which way is quickest?"

« Reply #966 on: September 30, 2014, 03:57:18 AM »
>To Komachi: "Which way is quickest?"

>"Out and around." Komachi replies shortly as the three officers make a beeline for the rear door. "We can't all fit through the halls anyway."

« Reply #967 on: September 30, 2014, 04:21:20 AM »
>Let's move out the other way, and boot it - let's be the first one on the scene, if we can.

« Reply #968 on: September 30, 2014, 06:31:14 AM »
>Let's move out the other way, and boot it - let's be the first one on the scene, if we can.

>With Rin right beside you, you make a quick dash for the front door. Makie and Lillian seem to be following your course, while the two Bird youkai accompany the police towards the rear. Madame Knowledge, still looking like one mightily offended, seems in no hurry to move. You are the first out through the barricade, while Rin takes the more direct approach of leaping over the thing. Your kasha actually reaches the door before you do, which means you don't have to slow to open it in order to exit the building.
>Once outside, you find yourself running a bit faster than you're used to moving. You're a quick sprinter, your years of tennis have given you a lot of practice at covering distances in quick bursts of speed, but this time you get the sense that your Light power is speeding you along, responding to your desire to deal with the Demon before it has a chance to harm the humanoids or corrupt something like you know it can. But even with your enhanced speed, you don't arrive before you sense a surge in the Champion's aura. Barely a second later, a second aura of power appears on your mystic radar.

>Any idea where Lily is? White Rose asks silently. We're probably gonna need her.

« Reply #969 on: September 30, 2014, 08:06:14 AM »
>Second aura of power? Can we tell what kind? Is it maybe a youma?

>Her mother broke her hip and is in surgery; she's at the hospital with her. I'd rather not involve her if we don't have to, and there may not be time in any case.

« Reply #970 on: October 01, 2014, 02:07:20 AM »
>Second aura of power? Can we tell what kind? Is it maybe a youma?

>Her mother broke her hip and is in surgery; she's at the hospital with her. I'd rather not involve her if we don't have to, and there may not be time in any case.

>It could very well be a youma, but if it is, it doesn't have quite the same sensation as the other three youma you've fought. On the other hand, given that it's growing in power, it could be a youma newly forming, and that's something you've never felt before.

>Rin's face hardens. Guess we'll handle it ourselves then.

« Reply #971 on: October 01, 2014, 02:50:49 AM »
>Air was weaker than the others. I am hoping that will still be the case.
>Let's hurry up and get there

« Reply #972 on: October 01, 2014, 06:21:10 AM »
>Air was weaker than the others. I am hoping that will still be the case.
>Let's hurry up and get there

>The second aura spikes in intensity as you push on, accelerating even past White Rose towards the horse stable and the Makai-jin awaiting within. Not that you'd need your mystic senses to see the ugly green and black light pouring out through the windows of the building behind the police station, nor the panicked sounds of the horses within screaming.
>Like virtually every stable you've seen, this one is constructed of sturdy wood and has a large door on one end and likely a matching one on the other. The difference between this doorway and all the others is this one has a glowing bat the size of an eagle hovering in it. The Champion of Air turns as you skid to a halt, White Rose alongside you. "Brave Terrans to come to me. Saves me the trouble of sending my weapon in after you."

« Reply #973 on: October 01, 2014, 06:15:35 PM »
>"It is us you are here for, then?"
>That light is coming from inside the stable, but Air is outside, yes?

« Reply #974 on: October 02, 2014, 02:14:22 AM »
>"It is us you are here for, then?"
>That light is coming from inside the stable, but Air is outside, yes?

>"One Terran's as good as another."
>Slightly outside, yes. It's basically lurking in the doorway.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: October 02, 2014, 03:47:32 AM »
>Produce the sphere
>"I bear a message from the Champion of Water."

« Reply #976 on: October 02, 2014, 04:16:44 AM »
>Produce the sphere
>"I bear a message from the Champion of Water."

>As the little marble of power ripples like the surface of a pond in activation, White Rose looks at you in confusion. What's the idea? she asks, perplexed.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: October 02, 2014, 04:42:24 AM »
>I am hoping to prevent a conflict altogether. Or, at least, throw it off guard for awhile.

« Reply #978 on: October 02, 2014, 05:29:59 AM »
>I am hoping to prevent a conflict altogether. Or, at least, throw it off guard for awhile.

>Although Rin looks a bit doubtful, but her mental voice says, I hope it works.
>The human-form image of the Champion of Water shimmers into view above the message sphere and recounts the same words she quoted to you earlier, "The Terran carries a warning about the Beasts that Makai spawned. She confronted a Devouring Tar pool on this world. She does not want these predators in this world any more than we do. If the need arises, her and her allies could be our allies, against Makai if nothing else."

>During the playback of this message, the second aura of power seems to stabilize itself.
>"Are you actually choosing to fight the Beasts of Makai?" the demonic bat asks.

« Reply #979 on: October 02, 2014, 06:13:49 AM »
>"No living being deserves those kind of horrors inflicted upon them, and I would not stand idly by to see one of your kin consumed by them. Just as I will defend my own from those who threaten them. There is no need for the people of this planet to suffer so that yours can finally gain freedom from the prison that is your own."

« Reply #980 on: October 02, 2014, 06:35:15 AM »
>"No living being deserves those kind of horrors inflicted upon them, and I would not stand idly by to see one of your kin consumed by them. Just as I will defend my own from those who threaten them. There is no need for the people of this planet to suffer so that yours can finally gain freedom from the prison that is your own."

>"Sure there is. I want them to." The Air Champion's callous statement is followed closely by a terrible roaring sound from within the stable, as though a horse were whinnying with a broken throat through a large bell. "But go ahead and fight Makai if you want. It doesn't really matter to me. One or two more Terrans doesn't make that much of a difference."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: October 02, 2014, 06:43:37 AM »
>Skill list

« Reply #982 on: October 02, 2014, 06:52:36 AM »
>Skill list

>Violet Lotus: Realizations of the Wanderings (your purifying ability)
>Sapphire Lotus: Renunciation (your defensive/shield ability, which you can alter the shape of at the cost of additional bodily strain and energy consumption.)
>Scarlet Lotus: Realization of Impermanence (your main offensive ability)
>Amber Lotus: Moment's Respite from Dukkha (an offensive ability, used to disarm enemies and break their hold over objects outside their body.)
>Indigo Lotus: Karmic Touch (an ability used to counter enemies attacks while they're forming, causing them to backfire)
>Vermillion Lotus: Warmth of the Pure Soul (a heat-based offensive ability)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: October 02, 2014, 07:04:30 AM »
>Be ready to go handle whatever it is that it just made. I am going to try to get it to gather them in one spot.
>"Desire blinds us, Champion of Air."
>Begin to approach calmly and gather power, and prepare a Renunciation, but alter it a tad, so that instead of merely defending, it drains the power from an attack and adds it to its own.
>"Allow me to show you that yielding to base desire is folly."

« Reply #984 on: October 02, 2014, 07:20:37 AM »
>Be ready to go handle whatever it is that it just made. I am going to try to get it to gather them in one spot.

>You're saying you can handle THAT? Rin jerks her head in the Air demon's direction. Nevertheless, she does begin to edge to her right, closer to the stable door.

>"Desire blinds us, Champion of Air."
>Begin to approach calmly and gather power, and prepare a Renunciation, but alter it a tad, so that instead of merely defending, it drains the power from an attack and adds it to its own.
>"Allow me to show you that yielding to base desire is folly."

>You hold your scepter at the ready as you approach the hovering demon.
>"Oh, so you'd rather fight me now." the bat sneers. "What happened to wanting to go fight Makai?" it inquires as you hear the heavy footfalls and the flutter of wings of the two Tortoise mikos approaching fast behind you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #985 on: October 02, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »
>Hold those mikos back before them get themselves killed!
>"I didn't say I was going to fight you. I said I was going to educate you of your folly. It should only take a moment."
>Continue to approach fearlessly.

« Reply #986 on: October 02, 2014, 08:05:28 AM »
>Hold those mikos back before them get themselves killed!
>"I didn't say I was going to fight you. I said I was going to educate you of your folly. It should only take a moment."
>Continue to approach fearlessly.

>I'll try!

>The Champion makes a derisive noise as it shakes its head. "And they called ME arrogant. But fine, if you want to be the first to meet my new weapon, that's fine by me." The bat turns its head towards the towering figure making its way towards the exit nearest you. This youma is much larger than the ones you've seen before, and its presence carries much more power. The things body reminds you vaguely of a centaur, except the head at the top of the humanoid torso is that of an equine. It also has six of the most muscular legs you've ever seen, and it's thick tail is made of a bristly armor, ending in a large club-like growth. Its front legs end in claws rather than hooves, and both of its four fingered hands are similarly clawed. The humanoid part of its torso is covered by a kind of grey and black armor, exposing only the red fur of its neck and head. Below this armor, a long yellow scar bisects the 'front' of the equine torso. The yellow eyes in its head glow with an awful light, and its mouth is open in a soundless howl.
>Your othersight can barely make out the core of darkness within this new youma. The blackness within it is nearly total. Furthermore, there seems to be some kind of mystic armor protecting the thing's body, everywhere except around its head. At least it seems that way to your second sight. Even without exchanging a blow, you can tell this is going to be a much tougher nut to crack than the last three.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #987 on: October 02, 2014, 08:24:03 AM »
>"Impressive, what did you forge this one from?"
>Take a moment to assess this armor.
>Do we hear any other horrible sounds?

« Reply #988 on: October 02, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
>"Impressive, what did you forge this one from?"
>Take a moment to assess this armor.
>Do we hear any other horrible sounds?

>"Whatever these beasts here are called. And how does a Terran know what you know?"
>The armor on the youma's body appears no different than mundane armor. The mystic armor your othersight shows is an invisible barrier of force surrounding the thing like an aura. It seems to be an extra layer of defense for the youma against attack.

>The other horses are still screaming. Lillian is shouting at Rin, who seems to be trying not to shout back. And you think you hear Makie praying quietly.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #989 on: October 02, 2014, 10:16:23 AM »
>At this point, without taking additional time to check, can we tell if the screaming and carrying on in the stables is due to another thing in there, or is it more of a Benny Hill scene of everyone else freaking out over what just happened?