Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5  (Read 58769 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 10:02:01 AM »
>That does seem to be the case so far, yes.

>'f we get the chance, before I gotta leave for work, d'you think you could teach me how ya do it? If our powers work that way, of course.

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
>I can most certainly try. I imagine none of us fully understands the limits of what we each can do and how our powers differs from one anothers', but I will give it my best effort.
>Do we know when she has to leave for work? If not, ask.

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »
>I can most certainly try. I imagine none of us fully understands the limits of what we each can do and how our powers differs from one anothers', but I will give it my best effort.
>Do we know when she has to leave for work? If not, ask.

>Thanks. Rin frowns a touch. I didn't like how Ice got the drop on us. If they try that again, I wanna be ready.
>Barring any changes in her methods of transport, she will have to leave a little before 4 to make it to Koakuma's on time. She can delay departure until a little later if she and Reisen are working together, Reisen having a bike and all, but you believe Reisen has the day off today.

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »
>And what time is it now?

>Frown slightly, ourselves
>I could not detect her presence either until she openly attacked us. That was very unlike how it was with the others. I am not certain what it is about Ice that allows her to mask herself from view or how we could overcome it. That being said, I imagine that like any other skill, our own can grow with practice and effort. When we have opportunity, there are several things I might like to try without the pressure of battle around us.

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »
>And what time is it now?

>Frown slightly, ourselves
>I could not detect her presence either until she openly attacked us. That was very unlike how it was with the others. I am not certain what it is about Ice that allows her to mask herself from view or how we could overcome it. That being said, I imagine that like any other skill, our own can grow with practice and effort. When we have opportunity, there are several things I might like to try without the pressure of battle around us.

>Three minutes before 2PM.

>I guess that'd be an upside of the school being closed for a day or two. Rin muses. Gives us more time to test out what we can and can't and can-but-shouldn't do.

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »
>Yes, though the damage to the school is unfortunate, the free time might itself be timely.

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 10:57:35 AM »
>Yes, though the damage to the school is unfortunate, the free time might itself be timely.

>Rin nods as she takes a container of rice out of the fridge, and pops it into the microwave, her ears twitching slightly. Probably due to the rumble of the engine outside. You think you can hear Marissa's gushing over that racket, amazingly. Ynever know. Rin says, Might turn out we can work construction ourselves, get the place up and runnin' sooner. Make Yamame happier, for one, I think.

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2014, 02:14:49 AM »
>One problem at a time, I think.

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 10:32:54 PM »
>One problem at a time, I think.

>Yeah, you're right. Rin agrees.
>Minutes later, your kasha announces the readiness of your lunch. She sets out the table before sticking her head out the door to summon Marissa in to eat. You can hear your blonde friend's strained noise, caught as she is between the prospect of lunch and the sight of a machine beloved to her. While Marissa stews, you help Rin is setting out the table before sitting down. Marissa manages to drag herself indoors as Rin finishes serving up the goods.
>Unsurprisingly, Marissa rabbits on about the car in question throughout most of your meal. Gently, you remind her now and again that food needs to be chewed, not merely talked around. It never ceases to amaze you how much passion resides within your friend, especially given the struggles she's had in her own life. But then, you've wondered now and then if that's why she's as passionate as she is. Some things that would crush the spirit of one seem to serve to empower another. Humans are strange beings sometimes.
>Marissa's presence at the dinner table does reduce the overall volume of your take a bit, but her company helps to make up for this. And Rin makes a good stir-fry, quantity notwithstanding. There's never enough water chestnuts, but that was true for your mother's stir-fries as well.
>As is the norm, Marissa finishes up first, pushing her chair back from the table with a satisfied sigh. "Mighty fine eats, Orin."
>"Glad you liked."

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 10:44:38 PM »
>"Yes, it was quite tasty; thank you."

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »
>"Yes, it was quite tasty; thank you."

>Rin smiles. "You're welcome."
>"Now that we're fed and watered," Marissa says, reclining in her chair, "Whacha got in mind for the rest of the day, Byakuren? Visitin' more shrines?"

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »
>"Hmmm... I might. Though I find the idea of a quiet evening rather appealing at the moment, to be honest."

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 07:05:15 PM »
>"Hmmm... I might. Though I find the idea of a quiet evening rather appealing at the moment, to be honest."

>"Yeah, I hear that." Marissa says with a nod. "When ya got the chance for a bit of downtime, nothin' wrong with taking it."

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »
>"What about yourself?"

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 07:40:47 PM »
>"What about yourself?"

>"Not sure myself, really. Sorta between tasks at the moment." She grins. "Good day to be lazy, maybe?"
>"Well, not for me." Rin says as she stands. "I got work in a couple hours."
>"Sweet, now I've got something to do tonight."

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »
>"Oh?"

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 08:54:58 PM »
>"Oh?"

>"I'm like you, Koa's gave me an open invite to work there when I wants." Grinning lasciviously, she adds, "Among other things."

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 09:04:57 PM »
>"And did you suddenly remember?"

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2014, 09:48:04 PM »
>"And did you suddenly remember?"

>Marissa nods. "Just thought of it, yeah." She glances over at Rin. "Want a lift?"
>"Sure. Thanks."
>"less of course you wanted to join us, Byakuren." Marissa says. "Then I'd rent Reimu's Merc down there."

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 10:22:30 PM »
>"I think I'll pass, just the same."

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2014, 09:23:47 AM »
>"I think I'll pass, just the same."

>"Aw." Marissa says with an exaggerated pout. Then she pops to her feet with one of her grins. "Better luck next time, eh, Rin-chan." she says as she gives your kasha a little hug. "For now, if you ladies will excuse me, I wanna go ogle that 'vette for a bit longer." And with that, she is gone again.

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »
>"Have fun!"

>Help tidy up the dishes and such. Then when we're done and safely alone:
>"So, did you want to try working on your magical perception now, then?"

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »
>"Have fun!"

>Help tidy up the dishes and such. Then when we're done and safely alone:
>"So, did you want to try working on your magical perception now, then?"

>Marissa gone to annoy the driver of the corvette for a while, you turn your attention to matters more domestic. You and your Rin make short work of the leftover mess from dinner, working around each other easily.
>Rin glances towards the door for a moment, then nods. "Sure. And I'll keep an ear open, just in case."

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2014, 09:03:34 PM »
>Can we still sense any magic coming from Patchouli's place?

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2014, 09:10:17 PM »
>Can we still sense any magic coming from Patchouli's place?

>A quick scan reveals the aura of magic is still in place. Though there is another odd sensation coming from below you as well. It isn't from Patchy's place, but from outside, probably in the front yard. It doesn't feel like magic, at least not anything you've felt so far, but it's different enough to stand out.

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 09:13:26 PM »
>Can we tell anything more about this sense?
>If we can go to a window and glance in that location as well, let's do so and see if we can see anything.

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 09:19:03 PM »
>Can we tell anything more about this sense?
>If we can go to a window and glance in that location as well, let's do so and see if we can see anything.

>The sensation is weak compared to other auras you've sensed before. It doesn't feel like a sense of power, at least not anything you can recognize. It may be the presence of an individual with a powerful sense of spirituality, perhaps a rare kind of youkai, or a magician whose power is suppressed or inactive. It stands out from the background noise, but not by a great deal.
>It is in the front courtyard, and neither your wall nor door has a window bigger than a peephole, which doesn't have enough range to include the courtyard. To see down there, you'd need to at least poke your head out the front door.

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 09:20:09 PM »
>Well, let's go do that.
>"One moment."

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2014, 09:35:16 PM »
>Well, let's go do that.
>"One moment."

>"Problem?" Rin asks as you open the front door, taking a step outside to have a look below you. Letty and Hyozan are both sitting against the wall near the street, the yuki-onna feeding Hyozan slices from an apple. Neither one of them is the source of the strange sensation. It seems to be coming from the black corvette Marissa is standing next to, trying not to drool over. Either from the machine itself, or perhaps from someone in it, you're not entirely sure. The driver side door is open, the one Marissa is standing next to, but you can't make out if there's anyone sitting in it.

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2014, 09:51:51 PM »
>"Most likely not. But I'm getting a curious sensation from that car down there, and I was trying to figure out why. It might be from someone sitting inside, but I can't see them from here."