Author Topic: TalosMistake's Stuff - Update! Hecatia(?) vs Ran Script!  (Read 42318 times)

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
Re: TalosMistake's Stuff - New! Letty Boss Battle 1.0
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
I'm glad to see people have fun with my scripts  :) , and thanks a lot for your commentary!
You're welcome  :)
Ops  :o I didn't know that before (I'm really bad at English.)
After some more research, I found out that you may actually use "sentence capitalization" of titles in English (that is, only capitalizing the first word and proper nouns), but if you use it, you should use it consistently. In other words, if one Spell Card is named "Curse of the lovely flower", don't call the next "Harmful Flower". Call it"Harmful flower" (because "flower" normally isn't a proper noun) instead. If you're interested in this, see this About.com page , this Grammar Girl page, or just Google "English title capitalization".
However, sentence capitalization of titles is not that common in English, neither recommended by The Chicago Manual of Style nor The Associated Press Stylebook, and does not seem to be the norm in Touhou and Touhou-like games. Still, it seems that you may use it if you want to, but be consistent.
My very unprofessional opinion (English isn't my native language) is that either Chicago Manual of Style capitalization or The Associated Press Stylebook capitalization is better for Spell Card names because Touhou English patches seem to use one of them (at the moment, I can't tell which one it is), and because it makes it easier to see where a (somewhat) long card name ends.  An example of this: The sentence "Curse of the Lovely Flower is a fun card." is slightly easier to read than "Curse of the lovely flower is a fun card". One could separate the Spell Card name from the rest of the text by putting it in "quotation marks", but few people seem to do that.
Oh, and don't feel bad about your English. Sorry if you think I turned this into a grammar discussion and that I'm making a huge deal out of something that has little to do with the danmaku :V
Didn't even notice it [that trails disappear after bombing] **Quick make new versions**
I recommend bombing sometimes when testing your scripts in the future. Remember, most players do resort to bombing sometimes, even if you may consider the pattern trivial.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:32:06 PM by Maths ~Angelic Version~ »

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 09:06:27 PM »
After some more research, I found out that you may actually use "sentence capitalization" of titles in English (that is, only capitalizing the first word and proper nouns), but if you use it, you should use it consistently. In other words, if one Spell Card is named "Curse of the lovely flower", don't call the next "Harmful Flower". Call it"Harmful flower" (because "flower" normally isn't a proper noun) instead. If you're interested in this, see this About.com page , this Grammar Girl page, or just Google "English title capitalization".
However, sentence capitalization of titles is not that common in English, neither recommended by The Chicago Manual of Style nor The Associated Press Stylebook, and does not seem to be the norm in Touhou and Touhou-like games. Still, it seems that you may use it if you want to, but be consistent.
Oh, and don't feel bad about your English, and sorry if you think I turned this into a grammar discussion :V By the way, English isn't my native language, in case you wondered.I recommend bombing sometimes when testing your scripts in the future. Remember, most players do resort to bombing sometimes, even if you may consider the pattern trivial.  ;)
Or... just dumb it down it a little

Don't capitalize words such as: prepositional words, articles, and FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but , or, yet, so).
You should typically capitalize 4 or more letter words.

Just capitalize all nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:12:27 PM by PhantomSong »

Maths ~Angelic Version~

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 09:44:12 PM »
Or... just dumb it down it a little
Don't capitalize words such as: prepositional words, articles, and FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but , or, yet, so).
You should typically capitalize 4 or more letter words.
Just capitalize all nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives.
Don't forget to capitalize the first word in the name, though, even when it's an article or a preposition.
The Letty script seems to use correct capitalization (but it's simpler as every name is pretty much of the "Adjective Noun" variety. No, I don't think this is bad naming).

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 10:53:08 PM »
I can't seem to play the Letty script. It just crashes even with a Japanese locale.
Currently a normal player

TalosMistake

• Master of Aura and Shade
  • I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »
I can't seem to play the Letty script. It just crashes even with a Japanese locale.

Did you use ph3?

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 12:26:16 AM »
Don't forget to capitalize the first word in the name, though, even when it's an article or a preposition.
The Letty script seems to use correct capitalization (but it's simpler as every name is pretty much of the "Adjective Noun" variety. No, I don't think this is bad naming).
AH! I knew I forgot something XD

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 12:47:05 AM »
Did you use ph3?
Well, now I feel dumb. Thanks for reminding me. I just thought it was 0.12 because of your older scripts.
Currently a normal player

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
Re: TalosMistake's Stuff - New! Letty Boss Battle version 1.2
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »
Update Letty Boss Battle version 1.2

http://www.bulletforge.org/u/talosmistake/p/letty-boss-battle/v/12

?? ?? ?? ?? Difficulty was added. (for ultra player)

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
Re: TalosMistake's Stuff - New! Re ~ Battle Against Miko
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 03:27:41 AM »
Update : Re ~ Battle Against Miko

http://www.bulletforge.org/u/talosmistake/p/re-battle-against-miko/v/10

Because my old Miko script is kinda crappy.So, I decided to remake it! (I used old BG because it's good enough.)

Hope you enjoy this version more.  :)

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 03:59:07 AM »
Hmm? Star Sapphire? I must test~ Can I play test it before it's release?

Shadow

• Forever waiting for tomorrow
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 06:57:46 AM »
Fantastic remake, Talos. Here, have some feedback~

Pattern 01: Thou hast committed a sin, for there are no arrows which split into bullets! The successive blue and green waves of arrows give me Futo impressions, which is not necessarily a bad thing. The green arrows seem almost too sparse and slow compared to the almost literal explosion of light that follows. A suggestion would be increasing their speed, so the player does not get to just sit still when the rotating pattern starts.

Hermit Sign "Guse Soul": You might want to make the desires bomb-resistant, primarily because deleting them prematurely makes the whole Spell Card completely awkward by spawning the bullets in the upper-left corner of the screen (xD), and also because they are the main component of the attack, after all.

Pattern 02: A conceptual recycle of the first pattern? I feel as if it could use a bit more distinction from Miko's opener as-is, though.

Discernment "Tenth Articles": I like this recreation of Colors of Twelve Levels. I found it a bit too easy considering you basically had to hug the bottom of the screen and wait until her life depleted completely. As a more aesthetic-wise comment than anything else, the combination of colors used seems a bit too random and/or incompatible (if that makes sense to you). It would be much more appealing visually if it had a gradient color scale as the lines go, or something like that~

Pattern 03: No real complaints here, the nonspell is quite good. You could force the player to move around a little more using the sine wave of green arrows, and the bursts at the end are decently intimidating.

Hermit Sign "Land of the New Sun": Somehow, this seems somewhat empty to me. I really like how the whole pattern twists and resolves, but I would add a secondary attack or direct addition to the base pattern to spice it up. Perhaps make it slightly more dense (Even though I know how deceptively big the desires' hitboxes are, or maybe that was just the shotsheet I used ^^;).

Pattern 04: So there WERE splitting arrows! I would increase the delay between the opening wave and the dot-splitting one, at least so that both are immediately successive and the only "breathing space", to say, would be the time before Miko begins the attack again.

Light Sign "Fatal Flash": Oh my god I love this. The pattern is beautiful, it is reminiscent enough of Guse Flash both in visuals and in playstyle, and makes excellent use of speed plus the intimidation factor.

Pattern 05: Surprisingly for a reinterpretation of Miko's fourth nonspell, this is quite easy to read, at least for me. The next subphase even more so, considering both the blue and red knives more or less overlap in their trajectories. Still, it is a pretty good pattern, too.

Secret Treasure "Chandelier of Ikaruga-dera:" Another very good reinterpretation of one of Miko's original Spell Cards. Aesthetically, I would personally make use of fireball bullets (or glowing ones overall) to set the theme. Pattern-wise, I think you should start firing the medium orbs (that only appear in the red wave) at the beginning too, or speed the whole wave-firing process slightly to eliminate the gaps in which nothing (bullet-dodging wise) is happening in the Spell Card.

Pattern 06: Oooh, very good pattern here. I would at least increase the speed of the trail-effect bullets, they are too easy to read otherwise, especially in the first subphase.

Discernment "Ray of Ninth Articles" This is quite appealing and challenging, and I like that. I figure you should fire the trail bullets with the first iteration of the attack as well, not just the second and onwards~

"Desire Cycle" I love this as well. Between dodging the amulets and those trail-effect bullets I seriously cannot stop drooling at, I feel this is reasonably difficult to be a final spell. The timeout phase if pretty wicked as well. xD

I definitely enjoyed playing this. I think this has just convinced me to start learning to script in ph3. Keep up the good work~
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:31:11 AM by Shadow »

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 08:14:46 AM »
Hmm? Star Sapphire? I must test~ Can I play test it before it's release?
Sure. I will PM it to you in a minute.

Fantastic remake, Talos. Here, have some feedback~
I definitely enjoyed playing this. I think this has just convinced me to start learning to script in ph3. Keep up the good work~

Those are really helpful advices . Thanks a ton!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:17:31 AM by TalosMistake »

Maths ~Angelic Version~

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 10:35:13 PM »
I really like that new Miko script~
I agree with pretty much everything Shadow said about it. Oh, and good luck with ph3, Shadow!  :)
A few things to mention:
Bomb damage carries over between attacks. I have two simple solutions to this:
Code: [Select]
task DamageRate(shot,bomb)
{
ObjEnemy_SetDamageRate(objBoss, 0,0);
while(IsPlayerSpellActive)
{
yield;
}
ObjEnemy_SetDamageRate(objBoss, shot,bomb);
}
Call it once in @Initialize. This prevents bomb damage from carrying over, but the boss takes damage from the start of the attack if you're not bombing. If you don't want that, use this instead:
task DamageRateAtFrame(shot,bomb,frame)
{
ObjEnemy_SetDamageRate(objBoss, 0,0);
let time=frame;
while(IsPlayerSpellActive)
{
time--;
yield;
}
while(time>0)
{
time--;
yield;
}
ObjEnemy_SetDamageRate(objBoss, shot,bomb);
}
This will make the boss invincible for the first "frame" frames, no matter what. After the "frame" frames, it still protects the boss from bomb damage would have carried over.

Minor nuisance: After capturing Spell Cards, the screen says "Spell Card Bonus! +X". but you don't actually get X points. This is because you forgot to add the score after capturing the Spell Card. This is something I actually see quite a bit of. It's not that important in a script like this (who plays that for score?), but it may become good to know later. What I do is calling
if(ObjEnemyBossScene_GetInfo(objScene, INFO_PLAYER_SHOOTDOWN_COUNT) +ObjEnemyBossScene_GetInfo(objScene, INFO_PLAYER_SPELL_COUNT) == 0)
{
AddScore(ObjEnemyBossScene_GetInfo(objScene,INFO_SPELL_SCORE));
}
after the boss's life has been reduced to 0, but I don't think I want to advise using that because there's probably an easier way.

Anyway, as said, I really enjoyed it~
Uh, may I test play that Star Sapphire script too? Please?~

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 04:08:33 AM »
Uh, may I test play that Star Sapphire script too? Please?~

I already PM you.  :)

Maths ~Angelic Version~

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »
I already PM you.  :)
Thank you :)
I sent you a PM with some feedback. By the way, here's the replay I mentioned in the PM.

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2013, 04:50:35 PM »
Can I be a tester too?
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 11:14:09 AM »
Can I be a tester too?

Sure.Check inbox.

Edit: This is my latest version of 4th nonspell  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aS6zYUFims&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:46:56 PM by TalosMistake »

Maths ~Angelic Version~

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »
The new 4th nonspell looks kind of simple/basic, but it also looks like something that can work pretty well. Also, I can't tell from watching the video: Is anything aimed, or is everything random or static?

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
The new 4th nonspell looks kind of simple/basic, but it also looks like something that can work pretty well. Also, I can't tell from watching the video: Is anything aimed, or is everything random or static?

Ring of bubbles are static. I use this code.

ascent(i in 0..24){
ShotOA1(objBoss,1+i%2,i*15,BUBBLE_BLUE,15);
}

Ring of small blue bullets and rotating pellet are fire in semi-random pattern.

rdir = rand(-29,29);
ascent(i in 0..12){
dir = i*30+rdir;
let obj = ShotA2(GetEnemyX+60*cos(dir),GetEnemyY+60*sin(dir),0,dir,1,2.5,BL_SMALL_BLUE,10);
Manage(obj); // Manage rotating pellets.
dir = i*30+rdir+15;
obj = ShotA2(GetEnemyX+60*cos(dir),GetEnemyY+60*sin(dir),0,dir,1,2.5,BL_SMALL_BLUE,10);
}

So, there are nothing that aim to you. xD
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:51:01 PM by TalosMistake »

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
Re: TalosMistake's Stuff - New! Star Sapphire Boss Fight
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »
Star Sapphire Boss Fight

http://www.bulletforge.org/u/talosmistake/p/star-sapphire-boss-fight/v/10

I probably won't update this script anymore ,except there were some horrible bugs that should be fixed.  :V

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
Re: TalosMistake's Stuff - New! Contest Entry #10 Youmu Boss Fight
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2013, 03:34:40 AM »
Contest Entry #10 Youmu Boss Fight By TalosMistake

http://www.bulletforge.org/u/talosmistake/p/contest-entry-10-youmu-boss-fight-by-talosmistake/v/10

Still find no bug...

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
Re: TalosMistake's Stuff - New! CURSE Entry #1 Marisa Boss Fight
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
CURSE Entry #1 Marisa Boss Fight

http://www.bulletforge.org/u/talosmistake/p/an-ordinary-marisa-script/v/101

Please don't use danmakufu ph3 .0 pre19. Otherwise, you will face a fatal bug.

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »
Hm, I tried it in ph3 0.19, played through the whole script and didn't get that bug. Does it always happen?
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »
Hm, I tried it in ph3 0.19, played through the whole script and didn't get that bug. Does it always happen?

Sometimes, I think.
The bug is inconsistent. I still can't find the causes and the solutions.  :V

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
I could try to look for it too but it doesn't happen for me. I tried script twice and checked my own replay (btw, those two replays in the archive, are they supposed to show the whole script?) and nothing. I'll try to check other named scripts.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »
Bug details: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,10181.msg1035979.html#msg1035979

Also, you wrote CURSE 10 instead of CURSE 01

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~
Re: TalosMistake's Stuff - New! Seija Boss Fight for Halloween Contest!
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
Halloween mini contest thingy : Seija Boss Fight

http://www.bulletforge.org/u/talosmistake/p/seija-boss-fight-by-talos-mistake-halloween-contest/v/101

I recommend ph3 .0 pre18.

Spectral Nexus

• Idealistic Aspirer and Unacheiver
  • Hella trippy.
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
The chance of your scripts dissapointing me is less likely than the chance of Hell Freezing Over!!!
Amazing as always, you never, EVER, dissapoint Talos!

BTW, Nightmare Reversal is truly a demonic spellcard.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:40:29 PM by Spectral Nexus »
COMPOSING FOR: Magical Moon Story / Mystic Memory Drive (Full Game)
- Old Chateau Story (Stage 3 and Title Themes)
- Ephemeral Unnatural Balance (Stage 2 & Stage 5 Themes)
- Illusionary Visual Twilight (Full Game)
- Hopefully a few of my own future fangames! :-D

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »
Just a note, "lamroN" instead of "lamorN" :)

TalosMistake

• I'm Talos, not Talo~~