Author Topic: Is there any way to extract the bgm from ULiL?  (Read 5398 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Is there any way to extract the bgm from ULiL?
« on: June 29, 2015, 02:26:40 AM »
As usual, Twilight Frontier uses a completely different format for storing their games' data. Because of this, most of the usual data extractors don't work on the newer fighting games. Is there anything available to get the data from the .DATs?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Re: Is there any way to extract the bgm from ULiL?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:19:39 AM »
I found this some days ago : https://github.com/vn-tools/arc_unpacker
I tried it, it works.
The last binary release is too old, so I compiled a more recent version : [attach=1]
Usage : arc_unpacker.exe --fmt=tfpk --file-names=./th145-file-names.lst ./th145.pak
Or : arc_unpacker.exe --fmt=tfpk --file-names=.\th145-file-names.lst .\th145.pak
I know it doesn't work without the correct slashes, but I don't remember which one you should use, so if one of the 2 command lines just above doesn't work, try the 2nd one.
Note : with the commands above, you need to copy th145.pak in the directory where you extracted my zip file.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 02:31:59 PM »
I used This one to extract the ost. Here is it patched with ULiL.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 06:26:44 PM »
I used This one to extract the ost. Here is it patched with ULiL.
Can you explain how to extract the bgm using it? I can't read the interface because I don't know Japanese :/
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 08:43:25 PM »
Can you explain how to extract the bgm using it? I can't read the interface because I don't know Japanese :/
After downloading both the links, you apply the winmm.dll file to the folder of the application, so you end up with something like that.

Then you run the application, after which you'll end up with this screen. Choose the game and path to the game's folder and press OK.

You'll get this screen.
The bottom part is only for playing the track within the application, so you most likely don't need that.
Instead you press the [...] at the top right, with this menu.

The important options are:
Loop/Fadeout (Menu)
Settings for loops and such. With right click you can change a value for the whole row.
-
"Wave file"
Here you can extract the music!
You go to > Game (G), and then the bottom option.
After that you press the top left on the menu ファイル(F) and pick the top option.
Select the output folder, and press extract 実行開始.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 11:58:33 PM »
After downloading both the links, you apply the winmm.dll file to the folder of the application, so you end up with something like that.

Then you run the application, after which you'll end up with this screen. Choose the game and path to the game's folder and press OK.

You'll get this screen.
The bottom part is only for playing the track within the application, so you most likely don't need that.
Instead you press the [...] at the top right, with this menu.

The important options are:
Loop/Fadeout (Menu)
Settings for loops and such. With right click you can change a value for the whole row.
-
"Wave file"
Here you can extract the music!
You go to > Game (G), and then the bottom option.
After that you press the top left on the menu ファイル(F) and pick the top option.
Select the output folder, and press extract 実行開始.
Thanks, it works!

Now I just have to convert the WAV to MP3...