Author Topic: KrackoCloud's 'Kufu Creations --- Shima Hisoukawa v0.2 update!  (Read 12771 times)

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Re: KrackoCloud's 'Kufu Creations --- New! Yozora Boenkyo
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 04:17:19 AM »
Once again, not making a new thread because I don't update often anyway. If I should make another thread regardless, just tell me.

Anyway, yeah! I've started another boss fight.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4gadiihqmzpdbjn
For those curious, Yozora's an original Touhou, and is a celestial like Tenshi.
Right now, there's a lot that's still in the works, so I've posted what I have so far for some feedback.

In case you're wondering about Salamander, the fight is basically done. There's not much else to add but music and graphics, which can wait for a while.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: KrackoCloud's 'Kufu Creations --- New! Yozora Boenkyo
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 05:15:39 AM »
I didn't even try.

KrackoCloud

Re: KrackoCloud's 'Kufu Creations --- Yozora Boenkyo 0.2
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 05:24:43 AM »
Well, considering the only criticism - or comment, for that matter - made discussed difficulty... I decided to add a Normal difficulty! I also added nonspells.

Yozora Boenkyo 0.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?cb2nm4767z187dz

So, things I still have to do: Sounds, sprites, and fixing the health bars.

At the moment, it's relatively unbalanced. I feel like the difficulty fluctuates a lot. I'd appreciate any sort of comment or critique, especially from people experienced in playing Extra stages.

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 06:39:44 AM »
Here goes:
Nonspell 1
FINALLY! Someone remembers that Extra nonspells are easy! The bullets are barely visible, but there aren't many of them, so that's fine.
High-Powered Telescope "Cloverleaf Quasar"
'High-Powered Telescope' is seriously only two kanji? Huh. Never would'a thunk it. Anyway, it's too long and laggy to really tell you the difficulty, but seeing as it's fine when the framerate is dancing around forty, the bullets are probably too fast. Try less frequent waves first, though. Ah, derp, got hit, counterbomb --
wut
...yeah, you'll want to one of these code snippets. Or both.
Code: [Select]
//Place in MainLoop
if(!OnBomb) {
  SetCollisionA(32,0);
  SetCollisionB(16,0);
}
Code: [Select]
//Place in Initialize
SetDamageRate(20,0);
Heck, try the last one anyway, and divide the HP by five. It'll be just as long and you'll get that thing where the spell card health bar is about, well, a fifth of the nonspell health bar.

Nonspell 2:
It would be fine if you could see the bullets. I tried it with a custom player with alpha shots and it was fine, so... Stick with alpha bullets, 'k?
Star-Crossed "Binary Swing"
YES
Easy and fun, exactly as nonspell 2 is supposed to be. It's about as hard as Yukari's Balance of Motion and Stillness; i.e., capturing is to be expected.

Nonspell 3
NO SERIOUSLY STOP WITH THE ADDITIVE BULLETS. Still perfect difficulty-level otherwise.
Galaxy Sign "Center of the Universe"
Hey! I remember back when this was called "Long-Arm and Long-Leg." Oh, those were the days...
It's kind of easy, but I wouldn't change it if I were you. It's a gimmicky thing; balancing now would probably make it way too hard.

Nonspell 4
...didn't see that coming.
It's not too hard, though. Don't change if you don't want to. It's kind of out of nowhere, though.
Black Void "Insatiable, Inescapable Dark"
It looks like it should be gimmicky, but oddly enough, it isn't. :/ It runs at about 30 FPS on my comp, so while it's probably okay difficulty-wise, I can't say for sure.

Nonspell 5
Another good one, if you can see the bullets. It's more trying than the other two, with more angles to play with. Still pseudo-random stuff everywhere.
Heavenly "Five Solas"
Okay, back to the bottom of the screen to set up for -- FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Delay much?! Anyway, it's a really cool idea, but I feel like you have too much going on. The colours clash horribly. From a gameplay perspective, it's fine; from a design perspective, the additive green and the alpha red/orange/yellow are awful together. I'd see if I could unify the colours more while they're going to share the screen -- maybe white bouncy things instead of green ones?

Nonspell 6
This looks familiar. >>
It hasn't changed a bit -- it's like the difference between Ran and Yukari's first three nonspells, where the difference doesn't actually change the dodging strategy. Except it also seems to be much easier and Extra-ey than NS 4. Hmm.
Astrology Sign "Starry Scattergraph"
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
This one is awesome. Keep it.

Cosmic Sign "Supernova Bloom"
What, that's it? :/
Anyway, what I'd do is graduate each colour of bullet (e.g. the blue sideways ones, the yellow slow ones, the red tiny ones) as time and/or boss health wears on. It's very short as is for what I presume is meant to be a final Spell Card.

It's rather easy for an Extra Stage, but balancing is going to be a nightmare. :/ Oh, well.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:58:33 AM by Supreme Gamesmaster »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »
Well let's see here
* Myouryeh downloads

Nonspell 1-3: Ok...
First spell: Oh, a micrododging spell! Nice, but a bit much for a first spell.
Second spell: Much too easy.
Third spell: Hi Suwako. Stars move too suddenly. A teeeeensy bit a lot too little room to move around (I'm pretty good with small spaces... >.>)
Fourth nonspell: It was funnier when Nue did it.
Fourth spell: You die every wave to a yellow bullet... Right, a cheap, cheap, cheap one. Last time I played it I bombspammed without seeing the pattern....
Fifth nonspell: Hi, Frog Eating Snake.
Fifth spell: lol died suddenly to the stars. Otherwise too easy.
Sixth nonspell: It was... definitely funnier when Nue did it. QUICK MOVE BACK TO THE BOTTOM BEFORE YOU GET CHEAPSHOTTED
Sixth spell: It was better with Sinker Ghost and Nightmare of Heiankyou... (:V Dash around the pellets and hope not to get hit! Pichuu~n!)
Seventh spell: Uh, yeah. a bit too easy for a micrododging spell. Make it go from easy easy easy to hard hard hard.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:55:08 PM by ミョウリェー »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 12:52:12 AM »
Anyway, it's too long and laggy to really tell you the difficulty, but seeing as it's fine when the framerate is dancing around forty, the bullets are probably too fast. Try less frequent waves first, though.
Hum? My framerate seems to run fine. Same goes for "Black Void."

Fourth nonspell: It was funnier when Nue did it.
Sixth nonspell: It was... definitely funnier when Nue did it. QUICK MOVE BACK TO THE BOTTOM BEFORE YOU GET CHEAPSHOTTED
I'm not sure I understand what this means. Did Nue have a similar attack?

It seems we have conflicting views on "Center of the Universe" and "Five Solas," so at the moment they won't be undergoing too much change.
Besides that, thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'll implement a lot of them.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 02:14:32 AM »
I'm not sure I understand what this means. Did Nue have a similar attack?
Nue had some ADD amulets and glowy big round bullets in her nonspells. (However they fell semi-slowly from the top of the screen like very light rain, so the similarities stop there)
Lol no time to dodge before nonspell 4 and 6 starts.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 11:41:11 PM »
Okay, it's updated! Now with graphics and sound!
The music is surprisingly well-synced.

1.0 : http://bulletforge.org/u/krackocloud/p/yozora-boenkyo/v/10
No BGM ver : http://bulletforge.org/u/krackocloud/p/yozora-boenkyo/v/10-no-bgm

Re: KrackoCloud's 'Kufu Creations --- Yozora Boenkyo 1.0
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 01:57:08 AM »
The nonspells are harder than the Spell Cards. ._.

That Last Word is one of the cleverest Spell Cards I've ever seen. :D

KrackoCloud

Re: KrackoCloud's 'Kufu Creations --- Shima Hisoukawa!!
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 01:38:00 AM »
Should I still stick to my old thread? For now, I guess I will. If mods want me to, I'll make a new thread.

http://bulletforge.org/u/krackocloud/p/shima-hisoukawa/v/01

New plural, Shima Hisoukawa, the skunk youkai!
Just getting used to ph3.

I'm aiming for around Stage 1-2 difficulty, but the current version is just a rough incomplete version.
I really need some people to test and help with difficulty balancing, please!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 01:52:06 AM »
Hey there. Thought you disappeared. I'll download it now, just gonna see how it's like.

Everything's ok, but... the last spell. It lags to hell. (35 FPS!!)
The first spellcard has no actual pattern, so is there any way you could add like something static/aimed to Hard/Lunatic?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:56:36 AM by alt-kyuu-kyuu »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 02:06:21 AM »
Hah, yeah, I haven't been very active recently.
The last spell seems to work fine on my computer. Sorry, but I don't think I can work around that one, because the design requires the wavy bullets. :/
You should've seen when I tried adding curvy lasers to that one, though. The program hardly moved!

As for the first spellcard, that's a good idea. I'll try adding something like that.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012, 02:26:05 AM »
It often happens with... well, ADD (bright) bullets. Not much with the waviness.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 02:29:32 AM »
Oh. Okay.
I'll see what I can do then!

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »
I really liked the final non-spell from the extra and the one that looked very similar to it. Also extra last spell was fun.

The ph3 script results in an error when confirming the character choice before playing  :wat:

KrackoCloud

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012, 05:28:17 AM »
Thanks!
And can you play with the default Rumia? If so, I probably know the problem. Otherwise... I'm not too sure what to do.

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 07:48:23 AM »
Thanks!
And can you play with the default Rumia? If so, I probably know the problem. Otherwise... I'm not too sure what to do.

Default rumia is the only player i have. Here is the error message:
CreateShotB2は未定義の識別子です
(C:\m2ngud\th_dnh_ph3\script/Skunk\non1n.txt 56行目)

CreateShotB2(ex+50*cos(ang), ey+50*sin(ang), a*cos(ang+rand(-5,5))/2, a*sin(ang+rand(-5,5))/3, 0, 0.01, 0, 3.5, DS_SCALE_GR
~~~

CreateShotB2は未定義の識別子です
(C:\m2ngud\th_dnh_ph3\script/Skunk\sp1n.txt 89行目)

CreateShotB2(ObjMove_GetX(obj), ObjMove_GetY(obj), 1.2*cos(ang+a*360/3), sin(ang+a*360/3), 0, 0.01, 0, 4, graphic2, 10);

~~~

CreateShotB2は未定義の識別子です
(C:\m2ngud\th_dnh_ph3\script/Skunk\non2n.txt 56行目)

CreateShotB2(maxx*a/22, 30, cos(ang), sin(ang), 0, 0.01, 0, 2.5, DS_SCALE_GREEN, 5);
            ang -= 360/7;
         }
         PlaySE(bl
~~~

CreateShotB2は未定義の識別子です
(C:\m2ngud\th_dnh_ph3\script/Skunk\sp2n.txt 92行目)

let obj = CreateShotB2(ObjMove_GetX(objEnemy), ObjMove_GetY(objEnemy), 3*cos(ang), 3*sin(ang), 0, -0.08, 0, -4, DS_BALL_M_PURP
~~~

KrackoCloud

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 12:00:26 AM »
CreateShotB2 doesn't work on older versions of ph3. You might have missed an update. Try redownloading ph3 and see if that works.

EDIT:
Anyway, v0.2 is up! There aren't really many changes on Normal, just on Lunatic.
First spell now has a homing pattern on Lunatic.
Spell 2 is a little harder on Lunatic.
In Spell 3, there's less ADD bullets. But still a lot. I continue to hesitate making them all ADD yet.

I'd love to get some feedback, please!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:31:53 AM by KrackoCloud »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: KrackoCloud's 'Kufu Creations --- Shima Hisoukawa v0.2 update!
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2012, 07:18:59 AM »
Hm.

First spell's aimed bullets could be changed into a slowly-breaking-apart falling ring of bullets. Sorta like this. (Edit: I know it sorta takes away the patternness of the white bullets, but I guess it makes it less boringstreamy.)
Second nonspell is way too Youmu-like.
The bright bullets in Spell #3 are now a lot less laggier, but still, 45 FPS for me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:22:37 AM by alt-kyuu-kyuu »