Author Topic: PCB, MoF and SA no hitbox patches  (Read 18576 times)

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
PCB, MoF and SA no hitbox patches
« on: May 19, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »
Or rather, a non-visible hitbox.

These should be self explanatory; just make sure you back up or rename your old .DAT before you overwrite it.

Also, these will work with their respective English patches if you run the patcher while you have these .DATs installed.

And that's it, really. It's a very small change that could have a rather large impact on how you play the game.

PCB: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?muhdwomjozm
MoF: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vtwf22zzony
SA: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ljydmfgqmlz

Now, there's a matter of getting similar patches running for IN, PoFV and StB. If anyone has repacking tools for those games, I'd greatly appreciate it (and I'm sure a few other people would be too) if you could share them.

Also, don't mind me. Just adding the retexture patch into the thread.
EoSD Retexture Patch v0.3:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tnyentanqyu
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:10:53 AM by Emarrel »

Re: MoF and SA no hitbox patches
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 05:32:31 PM »
Now, there's a matter of getting similar patches running for PCB, IN, PoFV and StB. If anyone has repacking tools for those games, I'd greatly appreciate it (and I'm sure a few other people would be too) if you could share them.

http://coolier.sytes.net:8080/th_up3/file/th3_8536.zip

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:09:21 PM »
http://coolier.sytes.net:8080/th_up3/file/th3_8536.zip

Thank you. Is there something like anm2png and thinspng for the games that came before MoF? Both of those applications are throwing up 'couldn't find...' messages and anm2png is only pulling out one file out of StB's bullet.anm.

Gpop

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:53:51 PM »
I'm guessing that this is for hardcore PC-98/EoSD fans?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »
Or those of us who suck but don't wanna admit it and thus always seek chalenges beyond our level.

This doesn't mess up english patches, I assume?

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 09:37:54 PM »
Or those of us who suck but don't wanna admit it and thus always seek chalenges beyond our level.

Me in a nutshell.

Really odd playing without a hitbox nowadays....

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 09:41:29 PM »
I'm guessing that this is for hardcore PC-98/EoSD fans?

Or just those that seek an extra challenge.

This doesn't mess up english patches, I assume?

As far as I tested, you can have have this patch as well as the English patches installed at the same time without any problems. You'll have to run the patcher again for the changes to carry over to the English version though. If you want to revert back, bang in the original Japanese .DAT and rerun the patcher.

The Japanese and English versions both use different .DAT files, so you could have the Japanese version running with the no hitbox patch and the English version without it; or vise-versa.

Drake

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 10:24:53 PM »
Oh, that reminds me, I haven't upped StB's or UFO's images yet.

There are like five different versions of anm2png, by the way. There are at least two of inspng.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:30:25 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 11:49:12 PM »
Is that so? Mind linking me to them?

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 09:17:46 AM »
Thank you. Is there something like anm2png and thinspng for the games that came before MoF? Both of those applications are throwing up 'couldn't find...' messages and anm2png is only pulling out one file out of StB's bullet.anm.

Not that I know of, but check out the various English-language patches which include such functionality.

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 03:11:13 PM »
Not that I know of, but check out the various English-language patches which include such functionality.

The replace_files method isn't working for PCB, I haven't bothered with IN yet though. Either the name of the folder has to be different (I've tried a few), or it just isn't bothering at all.

I downloaded Th0x_tools from the Touhou wiki. Interestingly, it has an anm_patcher.py; but with absolutely now knowledge on how to use python - neither through the GUI or command line - I'm pretty much at a dead end.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »
The replace_files method isn't working for PCB, I haven't bothered with IN yet though. Either the name of the folder has to be different (I've tried a few), or it just isn't bothering at all.

7-zip can extract NSIS installers and shows a directory named replace_images which contains replacement images.

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 05:05:48 PM »
7-zip can extract NSIS installers and shows a directory named replace_images which contains replacement images.

Thanks again, you've been a big help.

Just for future reference for other people: Dump the contents of $PLUGINSDIR into PCB's root directory. Also dump TH07 (located in $_OUTDIR) in root directory. Run th07_english_patch.exe.

I'll upload the new th07e.DAT a little later. Again; thanks.

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »
Okay, PCB added.

IN's patcher has a different directory standard than the other patches. Looking at it, arch.DAT contains the files to be replaced, but I can't really do anything with it as it is right now.

StB's English patcher uses a similar structure to PCB, and I can use the same method; if it wasn't for a certain roadblock. StB's patcher will get to the "Copying custom_e.exe" and stop. It's because custom_e is already in the same directory and it's trying to make custom_e copy and replace itself. I'll go and speak to drywall about it later though.

As for PoFV, I'll just have to wait an see.

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
Re: PCB, MoF and SA no hitbox patches
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 06:35:22 AM »
are there some sick minded people that dont think this game is hard?!! O_o

well good luck on that XD

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 07:25:33 AM »
Welcome to Shrinemaiden. XP

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 06:58:16 PM »
Now that I've been using this for a while, I honestly think it's made me a far better player.

No, seriously.  I nearly 1cc'd Hard on MoF (when Normal used to give me too much trouble) and Extra only took about 6 tries to clear.  SA is still a gutpunch, but seriously, I really enjoy this.

Still hoping for a patch for IN though D: if you're still around to do it

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
It's probably because you're concentrating less on your hitbox and more on the bullets around you.

I would happily do patches for the rest of the games, I just don't have the right repacking software to do it. I already have the images ready, so it they'd be quick to make.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:15:20 PM by Emarrel »

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 01:24:18 PM »
These patches are allowed, I guess. Not that you'll really need them, nor will you even need a hitbox patch for tEoSD.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 04:11:35 AM »
i know it's been a damn long time, but...

Emarrel, are you at all capable of putting together a patch like this for UFO?  I'd love you forever.

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 11:03:59 PM »
Unearthing for pulse-check.

Emarrel seems to have vanished, but I figured it worth a try.  Or perhaps someone else would be willing and able to give this a shot on the remaining games?

At the very least, thanks for the PCB patch.  Love it.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 11:20:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure there's a rule against reviving dead threads, especially those that have been dead for about a year and a quarter.

Also Emarrel's profile said last activity was April this year. I'm pretty sure he's vanished.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 11:37:43 PM »
Missed that one.  Thought this would be the best way to bring it back up, but then again I didn't think to create a new thread and link to this one.  I'll fix that now.
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »
Hi guys,

I want to ask if there is still the no hitbox patch here, because the links there are dead I would appreciate this.

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 01:32:20 AM »
Yes.  Emarrel's newer project thread is here.  The files are also on the Touhou Wiki under Game Tools and Modifications.

After swapping the dat file, you can patch/repatch it to the English version (if you want).  I've successfully tested English, no-visible-hitbox versions of IN, MoF, and SA.