Author Topic: Creative Musings and Inspiration (Ideas thread)  (Read 121601 times)

Re: Creative Musings and Inspiration (Ideas thread)
« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »
Dang, is this topic still alive? Want to post something here but it's kind of pointless if no one reads it...

In other news, *bump*
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2009, 09:16:02 PM »
It's been gone for awhile now, to be honest I forgot all about it really. Oh well, if it's back to the top someone will notice I guess.

Anyway, new idea...

This one takes place in Gensokyo, but the setting we all know of is a bit tweaked and played around with. This story involves Cu-Sith!Sakuya who's been appearing in villages around Gensokyo, with her army of hellhounds, to which the beasts ravage homes and kidnap humans to be taken away to an unknown location. In the beginning, the attacks were all but sporadic and werent of much concearn. However when the visage of a "Scarlet Moon" began appearing during the night, "Sakusith's" attacks have increased dramatically and some humans have moved into the Central Village (the one where Keine resides) and speak of tales involving a she-beast that comes in the night and steals people away never to be seen again.

Village leader; Keine takes great worry in this rumor and calls forth many demon hunters to help put an end to these attacks. Of these hunters is the shrine maiden, Reimu Hakurei who was the first to be called upon by Keine. When Sakusith and her pack of beasts attack the village they are surprised by the resistance th humans put on to keep them out. Unfortunately, this does not stop them from killing the humans who oppose them...

However, when the sun rises once more, Sakusith takes note of the morning light and immedieatly gives the call for her group to withdraw. The hounds, hearing their mistress' howl, stop what they're doing and retreat into the darkned woods behind her, leaving behind the mess they made of the village. Curious about this action Reimu, along with a few other hunters, give chase after the fleeing pack of hellish dogs unaware that what they'll find is something far beyond they would ever expect...
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Paul Debrion

• Highroller
  • Back again for more!
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2009, 11:12:22 PM »
A alternate re-telling of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil?
(or at least that's what I think you're getting at)

That sounds pretty interesting, especially the part about hellhounds that carry people away.
I'll come up with an evil scheme later. First, it's time to build a giant robot!

You can't have a good evil scheme without a giant robot!

« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2009, 07:53:20 PM »
Hmm. Toying with a couple of ideas in my head right now ... like, using Meimu or Sasha somewhere in my comic/universe (if not necessarily anywhere near where their original concept was. Anyway, Sasha isn't in create.swf ...)

I've already got a place for Rin Satsuki in my stories, though.

« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2009, 04:33:09 PM »
I had a daydream the other day where Yukari messed with the border of Canon and Fanon.

It started good, then became a trainwreck. Probably won't write it.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

mad

« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2009, 01:22:19 AM »
Little thing that came to me.

Reimu sat in her sleigh. It was Christmas Eve and time for her rounds. She gripped the reins tightly and shouted, "On Aya, on Cirno, on Rumia, on Ran, on Marisa, on Koishi, on Tenshi, on Iku!"

The assembled pulled and the sleigh was off.

And I've been considering some sort of resolution for The Many Lives and Deaths of Mumei. It involves finding out why Mumei gets to remember past lives.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2009, 02:13:39 AM »
Dance Danmaku Insanity. A million bullets, and you must -dance-. THROUGH ALL OF THEM.

A silly idea I came up with related to music, namely, Touhou music is so energetic I just want to dodge bullets to it (Now if only that was plausible). The basic premise is to replace typical 'danmaku' storms with a bunch of bullets set to music, which have to be dodged to the music. The result being a bunch of bullets being danced straight through, if done correctly.

Probably an Idea best put into some ludicrous Rhythm game or something, But hell if I can program.

mad

« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2009, 08:36:28 PM »
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Shoot_the_Bullet:_Level_8_Spell_Cards#Spell_Card_8_-_7

This thing has given me some inspiration to finish and post Super Tenko.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #188 on: December 09, 2009, 06:48:34 AM »
Touhou-esque Cosmic Horror Story.

« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »
Funny you should say that ...
Alright, so, cave story is out of my head.

BACK IN THAT FREAKIN BAMBOO FOREST, i run, i come out into that nice scenic palce. But now that flower field that as out in the distance is on fire - and i'm holding a medium sized orange gun.....with smoke coming out of the buisiness end, and it feels like it's recently been fired. Suddenly, yuuka flies out of the ground in a burst of blazing planty glory and HGUE sunflwoers soon follow, twist, and envelope her, and twist into soem sort of monster only recognizable as plantliek by thorns, leaves, and green. It's eyes, all 1000000+ of them, are glowing yellow. Apparently, it's yuuka. Yukari gaps in front of it and gives a short speech on how she was tired of keeping gensyoko pretty, and thought she'd put it back the way it was before all those outsiders came here (wait ,all those? who else?). The entire touhou cast is gapped around me, and they start turning into monsters. Rumia is this....beast thing, alice's flesh drops off leaving only faintly glowing bones and tattered clothes, all the fairies grow smaller, shiki becomes some sort of angel, komachi fades and becomes this black mist, and so on, except for the vampires, the yjust get older, leaner, and meaner, sakuya becomes this gruesome looking MAN(!), long story short the second most horrific was utsuho - She is the five eyed, four winged, five legged, half dead, half fire, hellish bird thing, with two beaks. Dear god. Finally, yukari just grins and her entire form becomes a gap. There are some mouths in it, and then that vanishes, and the entire sky is THAT, a gap with the eyes AND mouths. Then i wake up scared out of my wits. I doubt that little flamethrower would have helped.

....Dear god, the PNP theory says nothing about their appearances, in truth, yukari is just keeping everyone a loli so gensyoko isn't a mock up of hell.
This made me think of an idea of Yukari (say) getting tired of Reimu going apeshit over "Gasp, something DIFFERENT happened! MUST RESOLVE INCIDENT!" or, as in SSiB, "Nothing's happening! WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING!", and giving a speech over "Look. You're crying over spilled milk. Gensokyo's a lot nicer than it could be. Things could be a WHOLE lot worse."

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
DERP! I HAVE AN IDEA!
« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2009, 04:56:19 AM »
While drawing a picture of Rin Satsuki, I came up with a kewl idea for a story or game or something~

Rin exists in a state of non-existence (this is touhou logic here) in a kind of nowhere-limbo-land-type-thing.  After years of building up hatred and sadness for being forgotten, she ended up turning into a completely hateful new Rin.  The only thing keeping her holding on was an intense passion to destroy everything that exists.  Then for some reason (please refer to the forbidden template) she is brought into existance as a youkai, with the nifty ability to send anything into the plane of non-existance.  And so, she starts removing anything she can from Gensokyo.  Marisa and Reimu are not happy about that and, of course, they go off to beat the crap out of her.  And then, insert 5 other bosses and have Rin as the final boss.  It ends with them slapping the sense back into Rin and she finally realizes it's much better to enjoy her existence etc. etc.  And she brings back everyone from non-existence land and happy ending.

Good idea, or do I need to go back on my meds?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2009, 05:09:46 AM »
I'm in ur topics, keepin' things organized

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2009, 05:11:13 AM »
I'm in ur topics, keepin' things organized

Thank you X3

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2009, 05:15:50 AM »
Rin exists in a state of non-existence (this is touhou logic here) in a kind of nowhere-limbo-land-type-thing.  After years of building up hatred and sadness for being forgotten, she ended up turning into a completely hateful new Rin.  The only thing keeping her holding on was an intense passion to destroy everything that exists.  Then for some reason (please refer to the forbidden template) she is brought into existance as a youkai, with the nifty ability to send anything into the plane of non-existance.  And so, she starts removing anything she can from Gensokyo.  Marisa and Reimu are not happy about that and, of course, they go off to beat the crap out of her.  And then, insert 5 other bosses and have Rin as the final boss.  It ends with them slapping the sense back into Rin and she finally realizes it's much better to enjoy her existence etc. etc.  And she brings back everyone from non-existence land and happy ending.

Oddly enough, I can see this as a plot to another Touhou spinoff fighting game.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:18:04 AM by Nwbi »

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2009, 05:21:24 AM »
That's what I like to hear lol

mad

« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2009, 07:05:45 AM »
Had a vision of Marisa saying, "This is my BROOMSTICK!"

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2009, 11:23:38 PM »
Bullshit Idea

While carrying some corpses into the Hell of Blazing Fires, Orin comes across a strange egg. Knowing Utusho is the only (theoretical) egg layer nearby, the kasha consults the hell raven about the egg only to recieve a confused response in return. So, the two of them take it to Satori thinking she might know of what to do with it, sense neither of them have any idea on where it came from, who it truly belongs to. Upon taking it to their master, Satori sees no ill-intent in keeping the egg around and hatching it, at least to see what's inside...

However this may prove to bea fatal move by the satori, for the thing to hatch out of this very egg is fated to become an abomination of unspeakable power and terror, that has the potential to end the very world in which we live...

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »
and then someone thought it was an eatin' egg and scrammbles that fucker?
Wotters gonna' wot

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »
Rumia: Hey! It's Cirno!!!
Marisa: No that's not Cirno- DONT TOUCH HER!!!

I don't know,  said that on the phone one day and I can't get it out of my head.

Also, Youkai Thanksgiving  D:

« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:29 PM »
While I was lying awake in bed, I started pondering this idea for a game or w/e about this weird guy in the Outside World who has a youkai-like ability to see through illusions that would normally fool humans, and he runs into a Satori, and the plot kicks off from there.

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2010, 08:27:35 PM »
While I was lying awake in bed, I started pondering this idea for a game or w/e about this weird guy in the Outside World who has a youkai-like ability to see through illusions that would normally fool humans, and he runs into a Satori, and the plot kicks off from there.
Ocular Imagine Breaker?

« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2010, 04:58:11 AM »
I have no idea what you're talking about :o

I was thinking of, like, how Yukari could see right through the illusion Keine puts on the village in IN.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2010, 05:07:41 AM »
On that note, I suppose sometime around crazy time, I came up with an...interesting idea.

A game where you pretty much bomb everything. As in, Literally, your only ability is to use a spellcard, which acts like a bomb in the other games. Bullets would have different strengths and would on collision, either get destroyed, or be destroyed by enemy bullets. The goal is to ofcourse, break through the enemy pattern and hit them with enough boolets to end their card. Otherwise, It'd play fairly standard to the regular series. (Spellcard bombs would be replaced by 'blank cards' which would just clear the screen.) Your own patterns would have cooldowns and levels, and you'd gain more as the game progressed. They'd also level up and change themselves. Perhaps have skill trees too. :V

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »
I have no idea what you're talking about :o
It's a power the main character in Toaru Majutsu no Index has:

Imagine Breaker
Toma's power is referred to as the Imagine Breaker, which is activated when his right hand comes in contact with anything supernatural. It has the ability to cancel any magic or psychic effect.

Basically, it can negate anything and everything that is considered to be 'Beyond Human Understanding'.

Anyway...I just thought that you were talking about something along those lines.

« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2010, 04:06:35 AM »
Nah, he could just see through illusions if he wanted.

« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »
Okay here goes...

Plot:

At an undetermined time in Gensokyo, all the youkai in the land and at every human establishment received a message.

A Gensokyo Battle Tournament was announced.

More specifically, sponsored by the famous red-white herself, Reimu Hakurei.

However, one must pay an entrance fee of 5000 yen to enter.

The winner get a chance to Reimu and receives a cash prize of 250,000 yen.

As youkai and humans alike signed up and as the tournament went on, it became apparent that the tournament was just a set-up for something else...

Note: I don't think it's that difficult to find out the true motive of the tournament...
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Toasty

« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2010, 09:16:25 PM »
Plot: Rinnosuke's shop is destroyed in a horrible incident, and he must find out why. Oddly enough, this happened right after he wrote his will and testament, with Marisa getting most everything (rinnosuke barely survived). However, Marisa has a decent alibi and destroying your future heirlooms does not make much sense, unless you're high on mushrooms or something. It also just so happens that Rinno went on a date with [X] the previous night. Whodunnit?

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2010, 05:25:16 AM »
In an unlikely magnitude 9.5 earthquake hitting the underworld, and subsequently the effect causing the crashing down of above grown lands in Mayohiga, forced Yukari to open a new gap connection 'lands' from the outside world.

In an even more unlikely coincidence she warped in the Holy Grail, a mystical artifact sought for many to have been the cup which Jesus drank from, or which his blood was collected upon death. It was rumored to be able to grant any wish.

In an even more even more unlikely coincidence, Cirno found the Holy Grail, and like any fine day, she wished to be stronger if not the strongest.

The wish was granted, chaos ensues.

this sounds so.... typical somehow.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?