Author Topic: Touhou for busy people translation project [IaMP patch released]  (Read 109206 times)

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
Re: Touhou for busy people translation project [IaMP patch released]
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
Hello, i just create an account on the site just to say, thank you, thank you all for translating this serie of games, i really thank you all for the deepest part of my hearth.
You're very welcome. I'm occupied with another one of my translation projects at the moment, but I should be able to do IN4BP Zenya patch eventually.

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2014, 01:51:07 PM »
I want to say the same as the person before me.
Originally I got this game just on a whim, because the cover looked interesting. I didn't know about any translations so I played on full japanese first. Even though the game was full of Kanji Puns and huge references that are hard to comprehend for foreigners, I had a really big laugh at jokes I understood and just loved the cast of their voice actors.
After playing EoSD for busy People I ordered the PCB and IN-Version (which was pretty hard to find in online-shops). A short while after, I stumbled upon this thread and gave your translation a try. And I have to say, you really did a great job at this. Most of the jokes are still funny in the english translation with a bit of exception to the ones that just can't be translated (like the Kanji-Puns, one in EoSD with Meiling saying "shousha na shousha Sakuya san" and Sakuyas answer "kyouin no kyouin" which you translated to "breathtaking breasts" to keep the joke in english (I think it was really something like menacing breast-measure or something? Please correct me if wrong.)) but I think it is better to keep it this way.
I hope to see the IN Zenya-Part translated soon.^^
Would you be interested in having some help with translation? I already played part of it and would like to help out in making this. I can't speak perfect japanese, but I have been teaching some japanese to myself so I'm confident to be able to do some translation work.

~Mirai wa bokura no te no naka!~ :D

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2014, 08:46:56 PM »
I want to say the same as the person before me.
Thank you for you words.
To be fair, much of this project is me trying to improve my translating skills. This is supposed to feel inconsistent, experimental, amateur and bad. Because that's what it is.
one in EoSD with Meiling saying "shousha na shousha Sakuya san" and Sakuyas answer "kyouin no kyouin" which you translated to "breathtaking breasts" to keep the joke in english (I think it was really something like menacing breast-measure or something? Please correct me if wrong.)) but I think it is better to keep it this way.
EoSD is a great example of something even I consider absolutely horrible at this point. But yes, you got the joke right, except it was kyoui no kyoui.
I hope to see the IN Zenya-Part translated soon.^^

I hope as well, I just need to find a week to focus my mind on it. So far, no luck. But I still have hope.
Would you be interested in having some help with translation? I already played part of it and would like to help out in making this. I can't speak perfect japanese, but I have been teaching some japanese to myself so I'm confident to be able to do some translation work.
I'm afraid using a team to translate a VN is a bit hard. It's probably best if we leave one translator per fan-VNs for now. But thanks for asking. You're always welcome participate in testing, though! (Especially closed tests)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:55:30 PM by Arknarok »

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2014, 05:32:08 PM »
Well, that is okay, I still wish you good luck with the project. Motivation is a fickle thing, I know exactly what you mean from similar projects (not translation). :D
The whole thing would also be consistent, if one person does it.
I still would be glad to help out, even if it is just for testing. ^^

Is there some way I can contact you? Skype, etc?

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2014, 06:10:16 AM »
Btw, i got my hands in 9 games of touhou for busy people serie: 01 Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, 02 Embodiment of Scarlet Devil extra,  03 Perfect Cherry Blossom, 04 Perfect Cherry Blossom extra, 05 Shoot the Bullet for Busy Person - Tenguless -, 06 Immaterial and Missing Power, 07 The Imperishable Night Zenya, 08 The Imperishable Night, 09 The Imperishable Night extra. i have on english what you have done, all the others on japanese, i can not read a single kanji, and i can understand everything they say. My point is, did i mis any game? is there any other game rolling around from kasugasoft that is not on the the visual novel database?

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2014, 05:21:17 PM »
Is there some way I can contact you? Skype, etc?
I'm pretty sure you can find me in Skype using my nickname (same as here).

Btw, i got my hands in 9 games of touhou for busy people serie: 01 Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, 02 Embodiment of Scarlet Devil extra,  03 Perfect Cherry Blossom, 04 Perfect Cherry Blossom extra, 05 Shoot the Bullet for Busy Person - Tenguless -, 06 Immaterial and Missing Power, 07 The Imperishable Night Zenya, 08 The Imperishable Night, 09 The Imperishable Night extra. i have on english what you have done, all the others on japanese, i can not read a single kanji, and i can understand everything they say. My point is, did i mis any game? is there any other game rolling around from kasugasoft that is not on the the visual novel database?
You're missing the latest one: Phantasmagoria of Flower View for Busy Person. It has 2 editions: voiceless and voiced (newer). Pretty soon pofv extra will be released as well.

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
Will you also translate IN for busy person? Please?

« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2015, 08:06:40 AM »
do you also plan to translate the other games (IN,PoFV)? and the video things?

thanks