Author Topic: Touhou for busy people translation project [IaMP patch released]  (Read 109071 times)

DennouNeko

• The Cat of Knowledge and Shadow
  • I do some coding and image editing
Re: Touhou for busy people translation project [PCB Extra in progress]
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2012, 03:41:30 PM »
Hm... Haven't said anything in a while.

I'm glad that the whole YouTube case ended this well.

Anyway, I guess it's time to install PCB Extra and check the images :)

btw, I think the official patches were moved some time ago. You may want to check the links, especially for EoSD Extra.
Edit: Never mind, was just my imagination...

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »
I can't upload more of PCB Extra footage on YouTube without violating Kasugasoft's policy, so I've uploaded just the part I could (that is, the first 50% of the game).

I'll go through the rest eventually and release the patch.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2012, 02:00:35 PM »
End of year update!

Well, let's start with the most important news...

Yeah, I won't be able to produce a patch until the end of the year. There are no delays, I'm working at a reasonable pace (around 5000 scenario lines/week), but the scenario is just too long (I'm about 75% done at the moment). If everything goes well, you can expect a release during January 2013. Then again, real life is about to hit me very hard. I really hope I can finish this project before that happens.

For now, I've decided to translate character introduction page.

----

Yakumo Yukari

Voice actor: Amemiya Safu

She wasn't really present in main PCB scenario, or in PCB Extra for that matter, but we feature this ha--... the head of Yakumo family anyway.
Tried to confuse others by calling herself the "Youkai Sage".
She's really beautiful when she cries after being bullied by her relatives and friends.

----

Yakumo Ran

Voice actor: Aoyama Ichiko

Yakumo family's voice of reason.
However, she causes a lot of troubles since she's only interested in Chen.
She is really overprotective and because of that often gets angry at others.

----

Chen

Voice actor: Mayuzumi Kaoko

Yakumo family mascot. Also, their shadow leader.
For better and for worse, often acts uncontrolled.
She is usually modest, but often makes situations worse by acting absurd at times.

----

Remilia Scarlet

Voice actor: Shirotori Fuuka

Scarlet Devil Mansion's mistress, overflowing with charisma and tantrums.
For some reason Yakumo Family has decided to live in the SDM and cause them troubles, but she still tries to enjoy the situation.

----

Patchouli Knowledge

Voice actor: Yanase Natsumi

Tsukkomi witch from SDM's library.
Yakumo Family causes her problems as well, but she still enjoys the situation.
Except for all the noise in the library, she hates it.
Watching her being angry is becoming the latest trend in Gensokyo.

----

Izayoi Sakuya

Voice actor: Amami Touko

Worthless and elegant head maid of SDM.
All she does is tell off Remilia when she tries to order her something.
She looks cool, but it's just because you can't understand her thoughts.
Tells puns as soon as she thinks some up.

----

Shanghai Doll

Voice actor: Nagase Emiya

For some reason, she has left her master behind and came to participate.
She's one of the few people with common sense, but she swears a lot.
As always, she is a tsukkomi who jumps in every time someone tries to look silly.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
Re: Touhou for busy people translation project [PCB Extra patch released]
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »
Disregard the previous past, somehow I made it in time!

English patch for Perfect Cherry Blossom for Busy Person Extra has been released.

This patch is intended for game version 1.2 - get the official patch here: http://kasugasoft.daiwadaw.jp/patch/isoyouex_p1.2.zip

Then get the English patch itself here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ydc3yhugbudscq2 (old v1.0, link no longer works)
http://www.mediafire.com/?braplhu14v54bkt (v1.1)

Drop the patch inside the game folder and you're done. Enjoy.

As always, the game has two voiceover modes - normal and fast. Normal is loaded by default (this is the one I used for Youtube gameplay videos this time). To make fast voiceover load, type "ICBM" during Kasugasoft logo screen (you should hear Yukari's rambling if you do it correctly).

I would like to thank DennouNeko for images and commenters (esp. 321agemo) for proofreading.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:06:29 PM by Arknarok »

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2013, 10:06:57 PM »
Uploaded new patch version for PCB Extra with some more typo fixes from 123agemo.

Pheriannath

• The future is in our hands~!!!
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »
Thank you for this and all your previous patches, this is excellent work! (I registered just to tell you that)
I only recently found that English patches for the 'For Busy Person' series existed, so your patches gave me an excuse to play EoSD and PCB (for Busy Person) again. This is a good thing.

Do you plan to eventually tackle StB for Busy Person? (I would personally love to see a patch for IaMP so my friends can appreciate Suika, but all things in their own order)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:01:25 PM by Pheriannath »

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2013, 05:46:59 PM »
Thank you for this and all your previous patches, this is excellent work! (I registered just to tell you that)
I only recently found that English patches for the 'For Busy Person' series existed, so your patches gave me an excuse to play EoSD and PCB (for Busy Person) again. This is a good thing.

Do you plan to eventually tackle StB for Busy Person? (I would personally love to see a patch for IaMP so my friends can appreciate Suika, but all things in their own order)
StB patch is highly likely, since it's a very short game (2.5 times shorter than PCB Extra). I'll start working once I get through finals and everything.

IaMP... well, as you said, all things in due time, we'll see when we get there.

Thank you for your support.

Pheriannath

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
You're probably still in the middle of finals or something, but do let us know when it all ends and if you start on StB. I'm kinda curious on how you choose to handle some wordplay portions, specifically a couple of hilarious misunderstandings between Remilia & Sakuya ("Eh?" "Eh?")

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »
I've already started work on StB.

You shouldn't really expect wonders of translations, I'm still an amateur.

Pheriannath

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 07:05:28 PM »
You shouldn't really expect wonders of translations, I'm still an amateur.

Says the one who has translated four 'For Busy Person' games. You give yourself too little credit, sir.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
Re: Touhou for busy people translation project [StB project in progress]
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2013, 05:12:16 PM »
StB project 50% complete.

Current translated material is available on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HaV_bzgXXM

I've also trimmed the first post.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
Re: Touhou for busy people translation project [StB patch complete]
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2013, 02:00:47 PM »
Shoot the Bullet for Busy Person english patch is complete!

Get the patch here: http://www.mediafire.com/?42c42re3p355rk6 (v 1.0 link, file removed)
http://www.mediafire.com/?am9do7156df8aof (v 1.1)
Drop the patch into the game folder and you're done.

This time there aren't any official patches, so it's a bit easier.

As always, there's a combination you have to enter at Kasugasoft logo screen if you want fast voiceover. This time it's up, X, down, B, left, L, right, R. You have 5 seconds to enter that.

Just as always, I'd like to thank DennouNeko and 321agemo for not allowing these patches to suck.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:53:55 PM by Arknarok »

DennouNeko

• The Cat of Knowledge and Shadow
  • I do some coding and image editing
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2013, 04:07:24 PM »
No problem.
Well, it's you who does the most difficult part. Thank you for the time you spent on it and all the hard work.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2013, 08:17:49 AM »
I just remembered I forgot to translate the character introduction for Shoot the Bullet, so here it goes.

Flandre Scarlet
The shadowy despot of the SDM?
In case of any problem, use brute force.
For some reason, she is the main character, not the tengu. Like her sister, she doesn't care about details. Today she's out to innocently cause troubles to everyone else.

Remilia Scarlet
"Stop bothering about details!"
Remilia has forfeited her role to Flandre.
Leader/mascot of the SDM. Maybe she has finally grown up, or maybe she's just tired, but she has entrusted most of the work to Flandre this time.

Izayoi Sakuya
Daily life of SDM's head maid.
Never caught working.
SDM's head maid. Today she will, as always, have weird conversation with her master Remilia while having tea.

Hong Meiling
Kidnapped SDM gatekeeper.
As plain as always.
After she was made the gatekeeper again, she was abducted by Flandre and forced to accompany her. Flandre named her the assistant, but in the end, her life is a neverending failure.

Patchouli Knowledge
She's getting abused a lot this time.
Library lunatic.
Somehow, the seven-colored with became a regular character. She's always either in conflict with others, or in denial.

Koakuma
Really takes the best out of her life.
Loves teasing others.
The librarian of SDM library. Loves teaching Patchouli. It looks like she lives just to get sent back home.

Shameimaru Aya
She's the main character, but...
She doesn't appear in the game.
At all.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2013, 04:54:21 PM »
Uploaded new patch version, with less typos. See patch post for the new link.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
Re: Touhou for busy people translation project [IaMP project started]
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »
*Blows off the dust*

Well, this thread has been dead for a while.

I had a couple of important things to sort out in real life. Now that's they've been dealt with, time for another round.

Immaterial and Missing Power translation project has been started, thanks to the ever-awesome DennouNeko. For now you can follow the progress on YouTube, starting from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNM9QoYfimM. I don't want to give any dates or estimates at this point, but the game is roughly 30% shorter than PCB for Busy Person, so there's that.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2013, 08:15:27 AM »
Update.

I'm still alive and so is the project, it just takes a while. The Youtube version is finished and you can play a bit over 50% of the original game there.

Now to finish that patch...

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2013, 07:04:54 AM »
Thank you so much for your hard work. :) You've brightened my day as I can now read these hilarious visual novels. Keep it up~!

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »
Thank you so much for your hard work. :) You've brightened my day as I can now read these hilarious visual novels. Keep it up~!

Thank you.

The recent changes in my life made it a lot harder to work on this patch. I'm still doing it, but I can't possibly give an estimate on when it's going to be done. Maybe not this year.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2013, 09:47:17 AM »
Since I have some time now, might as well do the character introduction.

----

Ibuki Suika

Voice actor: Itou Sara (starred in some eroge)

The lazy, good for nothing oni girl who never appeared in the series before this game. However, she overcame all the obstacles and triumphed as she was appointed the main character this time. However, be it the fate of all main character or her ever-drunken nature, trouble follows her no matter where she goes.

----

Hakurei Reimu

Voice actor: Hirata Yuki (minor role in Mushishi, shop clerk from Growlanser, Fae from World War Blue)

Originally supposed to be the main character, but is an underling this time. Not that she cares about that, as she keeps her watch over the safety of Gensokyo and the contents of its inhabitants' wallets.

----

Kirisame Marisa

Voice actor: Mochida Sarasa (no other known roles)

The magician who lives for the power of her Master Spark and stealing others' books. It's a bit hard to say what kind of role she serves, but she does pretty much everything in her own interests, as long as she can avoid danger.

----

Remilia Scarlet

Voice actor: Shirotori Fuuka (no other known roles)

The master of SDM, a girl with overflowing charisma. Never willing to enter the event, but always eager to party once it starts. Often gets called in various situations in order to fail inevitably. That's just how she is.

----

Patchouli Knowledge

Voice actor: Yanase Natsumi (pretty much the biggest celebrity in the cast, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natsumi_Yanase or the Japanese version of the article)

Library-dwelling, mukyuu-muttering weirdo girl. You would expect her to be a know-it-all character, but she gets the sad role of complaining about the mood being weird. And of course, someone is going to ravage her library this time as well!

----

Izayoi Sakuya

Voice actor: Amami Touko (no other known roles)

Useless maid of Scarlet Devil Mansion. Her pun power keeps declining endlessly. Recently, she has more or less forgotten how useless she is (which, of course, made her even more useless). Makes tea for Remilia, says weird things, wastes time.

----

Hong Meiling

Voice actor: Amami Touko

The ephemeral gatekeeper of SDM. Always appears when you don't expect her, either as a regular gatekeeper, or the gardener. Does a lot of footwork but rarely appears.

----

Alice Margatroid

Voice actor: Norano Neko (appeared in some eroge)

The pervert we've all missed (?) for some time. She's a puppeteer, but acts by herself. Shanghai has left "on a journey" so she's alone and is trying to reconsider her actions. She goes to various places, trying to rediscover herself. And of course, she gets a lot of weird looks from others.

----

Yakumo Yukari

Voice actor: Amemiya Yuu (best known for playing Huang Zhong in Koihime Musou animes and games)

She always looks like she's planning something, but she mostly thinks of nothing at all. She always acts like there's deep meaning behind her actions, but it's not true. She's just a lazy youkai with the power to use gaps. She's supposed to be friends with Suika, but sadly, even Suika doesn't trust her. Her shikigami left her.

----

Saigyouji Yuyuko

Voice actor: Ichimura Oma (another renowned actress, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oma_Ichimura or Japanese side)

Boke master of Hakugyokurou you know and love. She always wants to do something, but ends up doing nothing at all (another lazy character). She has a dark side to her which randomly surfaces, shocking people around her, but that's what a ghost's life does to you.

----

Konpaku Youmu

Voice actor: Sawatari Yui (eroge actress)

Yuyuko's faithful gardener. Nobody saw her tend to the garden. Her main skill as Yuyuko's servant is dodging her orders. She looks the most normal of all the characters, but gets tricked easily. In other words, she's not too experienced.

----

Cirno

Voice actor: Norano Neko

Non-canon IaMP character 1.
Appears for some reason, plays around a bit for some reason, goes away for some reason. Occasionally has mature opinions.

----

Letty Whiterock

Voice actor: Ichimura Oma

Non-canon IaMP character 2.
Acts alongside Cirno, and the screen is once again too small for her. Always snaps easily.

----

Daiyousei

Voice actor: Mochida Sarasa

Non-canon IaMP character 3.
She seemingly clings to Cirno, which is why she randomly appears a few times.
She is seemingly calm and docile, but often acts crazy.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2013, 08:51:24 PM »
I'd like to announce that I've finished translating the game's scenario. There are a few more materials translation patch needs as well as some testing, but in any case the patch is much closer to release now.

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2013, 04:45:24 AM »
I'd like to announce that I've finished translating the game's scenario. There are a few more materials translation patch needs as well as some testing, but in any case the patch is much closer to release now.

Thanks for your hard work, looks like I can look forward to this patch before next year. :)

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
Re: Touhou for busy people translation project [IaMP patch released]
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2013, 10:08:06 AM »
Release time.

This is the English translation patch for Immaterial and Missing Power for Busy Person.

In addition to patch being a translation, it also fixes a few issues that were present in the original game. Please use it together with the official 1.2 official patch (get it here: http://kasugasoft.daiwadaw.jp/patch/isosui_p1.2.zip).

Link to the translation patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0hyoieww7dwrcpj/patch2.xp3 (v1.0, do not use)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8xgymyom6l44gvx/patch2.xp3 (v1.1)

Drop the patch inside the game folder (make sure file patch.xp3 is also present - that means you have the official v1.2 patch installed).

The game has two voiceover modes - normal and fast. If you watched the YouTube version, you've seen what normal mode looks like. Fast mode is closer to Kasugasoft's short videos. Normal mode loads by default, in order to switch to fast mode you need to type a secret code during the 5-second "Kasugasoft" screen at startup. The code this time is "PLANB".

As always, I'd like to thank DennouNeko, 123agemo and other people who helped or encouraged me in any way.

PS: The v1.0 translation patch might still have some typos or errors left. If you see any - report to me via PM. V1.1 patch is out, use that one.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:28:42 PM by Arknarok »

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2013, 04:59:04 PM »
Hello Arknarok
My name is tuan and i'm from buz trans group (vietnamese group)
I want to ask if i could use your work in "tame no youyoumu" to translate into vietnamese? Of course, we would include all your credits and links to this thread. If you're agreed, that would be big helps and we approciate that for  your hard work and helping us so much.
Thanks for reading this and hope i can get an answer.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »
Hello Arknarok
My name is tuan and i'm from buz trans group (vietnamese group)
I want to ask if i could use your work in "tame no youyoumu" to translate into vietnamese? Of course, we would include all your credits and links to this thread. If you're agreed, that would be big helps and we approciate that for  your hard work and helping us so much.
Thanks for reading this and hope i can get an answer.
I'm not entirely sure what part of "my work" you're planning to use, but you're free to use anything you find inside the patches for your own translations.

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2013, 07:11:51 AM »
Quote from: Arknarok
I'm not entirely sure what part of "my work" you're planning to use, but you're free to use anything you find inside the patches for your own translations.
I mean your translation, sorry if it made you misunderstood what I was trying to say. 

Thank you again.

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »
Release time.

This is the English translation patch for Immaterial and Missing Power for Busy Person.

In addition to patch being a translation, it also fixes a few issues that were present in the original game. Please use it together with the official 1.2 official patch (get it here: http://kasugasoft.daiwadaw.jp/patch/isosui_p1.2.zip).

Link to the translation patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0hyoieww7dwrcpj/patch2.xp3

Drop the patch inside the game folder (make sure file patch.xp3 is also present - that means you have the official v1.2 patch installed).

The game has two voiceover modes - normal and fast. If you watched the YouTube version, you've seen what normal mode looks like. Fast mode is closer to Kasugasoft's short videos. Normal mode loads by default, in order to switch to fast mode you need to type a secret code during the 5-second "Kasugasoft" screen at startup. The code this time is "PLANB".

As always, I'd like to thank DennouNeko, 123agemo and other people who helped or encouraged me in any way.

PS: The v1.0 translation patch might still have some typos or errors left. If you see any - report to me via PM.

*tsun* it's not like i'm happy that i'm mentioned!  ;)

anyway, here's the first half of the errors i've found while playing through IaMP4BP:

http://imgur.com/a/jmwKz.

i'm currently playing through the second half, so the next time i'll post will be after i've completed the game.

until then.

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
merry christmas everyone and a happy new year.

here's the final errors i've found on the patch:

http://imgur.com/a/DtRhR

hopefully, that should be all of them :)

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »
The patch has been updated to fix all the typos that 321agemo found.

Except for the "totesh shorry" - Suika is trying to talk with "hip" accent in that scene. I've changed it to "totes shorry" for clarity.

Also, the new patch includes the fix to a bug that sometimes causes the game to skip the route selection options altogether, directing you to a bad ending automatically.

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2014, 11:12:35 AM »
Hello, i just create an account on the site just to say, thank you, thank you all for translating this serie of games, i really thank you all for the deepest part of my hearth.