Author Topic: Re-entering the world of danmakufu, sharing progress  (Read 5854 times)

Re-entering the world of danmakufu, sharing progress
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:56:18 AM »
I recently thought the forum had disappeared but I found it completely intact again, but I made a new account anyways thinking that my old one wasn't, I'm just an incarnation of WriggleNightbug.

I don't remember what happened that made me lose interest in danmakufu as a whole, but I recently launched into it again and learned alot of new things along with remembering stuff I knew before. Unfortunately over time I lost contact with the community and now I don't have a lot of people to share scripts with, but I hope to remedy that once I get back into the swing of things.

I don't have much to share just yet but I do have screencaps of what I have been working on, which I'll put links to down here, I'd like to iron out some things before putting download links, for example the player script is working well but the homing is odd, and the sprites are currently placeholders. the spritework for the enemies is currently static and their also placeholders. I also haven't done any art other than backgrounds and other bits yet. So there's still alot to add before I can really share it >< and I also question how well it would do without music, since I'm using ZUN's tracks as a default and I don't know if I'm allowed to hand those out. I can share progress with people individually though.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Re-entering the world of danmakufu, sharing progress
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:23:02 PM »
Ah yes, I remember that name, welcome back.

You had a stage which looked bright/white with pillars and stuff. So what happened to that?

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:15:59 PM »
Ah yes, I remember that name, welcome back.

You had a stage which looked bright/white with pillars and stuff. So what happened to that?

Oh yes XD I think that was my first interaction with 3D in danmakufu, I remember being so excited when I finally got pillars standing upright, though that stage got lost awhile back >< a similar stage is being redone though and hopefully even better this time around.

I actually finished a boss today, so I finally have a stage I can play in full, I feel so accomplished XD Just gotta keep pressing on!

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »
Judging by the screenshots, this game looks pretty nice. I guess I'll try it out if it is released soon. Good Job and hope you make further progress

" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

Shockman

• Some idiot
  • I can't believe I got this account back .|.|.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 01:09:47 AM »
I think I remember you too. Glad to see that you've come back.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 03:20:53 AM »
I just wanted to mention that today was a very good day in terms of progress, stage 1 is now completely playable aside from missing art resources I still have to make and the custom engine bits arent done. Thought I'd share some screenies of today's work.

The player can now collect Power items, the number on the side of the screen starts at 100 and can go up to 400, it looks bland, but only the variable itself is currently displayed. Also this stage is very generous with power items, just for testing purposes.

The bullets are stationary, but their generated in extreme curving motions only dissapearing after a few seconds, good thing on normal mode these bullet trails move somewhat slowly.

The boss's last stand, backed with two lines of bullets swaying back and forth and bursting in all directions, he forces you to move with Suwako-style rings. Stage 1 normal so again everything moves slowly.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 04:18:19 AM »
Oh, yeah. I remember you. You're the one who made that furry thing, right? What happened to it?

Also, cool patterns, but I must ask why all the stage screenies and no spellcards to show?

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 05:08:00 AM »
Oh, yeah. I remember you. You're the one who made that furry thing, right? What happened to it?

Also, cool patterns, but I must ask why all the stage screenies and no spellcards to show?

This  current project is somewhat a reincarnation of the same idea but with modifications to the plot~

The screenshots with black backgrounds are spellcards it's just that I haven't named them yet, mostly because I think of patterns and gimmicks beforehand but I have a hard time deciding on titles, and I still need to make spellcard backgrounds for them. XD

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 05:16:04 AM »
I forgot to point this out. Perhaps one of your cards were... eh... influenced by it?

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »
I forgot to point this out. Perhaps one of your cards were... eh... influenced by it?

Gah! XD I loved that card so I wanted to make something similar but I made something way too close to the original. >< Might need to edit it a bit

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »
Not much to post in terms of pictures yet but stage 2 is now fully playable, I just need to add in a few things like an intro and a midboss. I started doing the more technical bits and I hope to be able to share stuff soon.

Major changes are gonna be made to the player script next, firstly instead of having the angel do nothing in battle I'll have her be the focus shooter. I'm also gonna remove her dolls because it's too similar to what Alice does, so the wolf will have homing and she will have either lasers or focused shots. So the player script will play more like Imperishable Nights.

I was gonna wait before taking this one, mainly because I wasn't happy with how the wolf's cutin turned out, and also the cutins are way too big as is (there isn't even enough room for the boss.)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 03:47:19 PM »
You should have the cutins about 85% their current size. I think that's more than enough.

Also, I don't see what's so wrong with the wolf, except maybe Nazrin underwent a species swap...

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 04:37:51 AM »
Hello people~ I worked on player scripts today. I made some updated sprites for the werewolf and creates sprites for the angel girl because she too is now playable, they're both under the same player script in the same style of IN. Where there werewolf is the unfocused shooter and the angel girl is the focus shooter.

There's still some damage balancing to do, I'm never good at that kind of thing though, I might need to find a way to calculate damage per second and have a base to compare with.

The werewolf has homing shots, they're slow in terms of player shots and they're in the shape of spinning crescent moons. They come out of floating magic stones embued with the angel's magic.

The angel has focused needles that turn into heavenly fire upon contact, they come out of concentrated crystals, the embodiment of angel girl's power.

You may have noticed that these characters don't have names yet. XD

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 01:33:17 AM »
I did more progress and I'm slowly approaching the 3 stage demo, some more pics now with every character having their own sprite, now I need to add more frames.

Flow, stage 1 boss, a musician affected by the distortion but not in a conventional way, instead of turning him into a monster the distortion brought him back from the dead. He is harshly received by the angel protagonist since she knows that the undead become more dangerous the longer they're left roaming.

Matoya stage 2 boss, a faithful servant/friend to a werewolf nobless who went roaming, Matoya is searching for her while keeping you from getting to close to wolven teritory. Her completely human appearance in spite of the distortion waves suggests she is not a human at all.

Karen, stage 3 midboss, a mean-spirited demon girl who gets in the way with no real motivation. Once defeated rather quickly she warns the heroes that a nearby town's population was transformed into yetis, and that they'll most likely be killed if they went further. She has butterfly mines, boom.~

Kiro, Stage 3 boss, A gatekeeper who was cursed to become a yeti due to the distortion, tries to slow down the protagonists' progress because he thinks his hometown will be in danger if the distortion is tampered with. Ice magic everywhere.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 05:49:17 AM »
Getting close to a 3 stage demo, doing a more time consuming part of the process: convo cutins and spellcard cutins. I'm in the process of shading some existing cutins but I still have quite a bit to do.

Just thought I'd drop in another screenshot to show progress.