Author Topic: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!  (Read 223621 times)

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
Re: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »
Well I'm sold on trolling troll bullet patterns with troll methods.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »
So Seija gets her own game? I am fine with this. And with different tricks and tools to play with, it will be interesting trying to figure out what thing works best with everything (in theory)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
Anyways, this an official warning to knock off the trolling, posing and "edginess".

Except I am completely serious here and don't do it to be "edgy". Sorry if criticism of past games and having very little hope for the next game are forbidden, I didn't know!

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »
This game is the answer to the question that DDC brought: Where did Seija go after the events of the Mallet? Looking forward to it.

I wonder if this game will be hated., since, you know, Seija would be happy if that were the case *shot*
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 05:09:55 PM »
Well, I've always been bad at the puzzle games. (Camera, wtf) But I think I'll enjoy this one.
There are 9 kinds of items to be used.
But did Seija flip anything there? I don't think I see one.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2014, 05:10:56 PM »
I don't think we know all the powers/cards yet, monhan. Think we're missing 2. So only time will tell if Seija will flip anything (but I hope so).

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2014, 05:12:12 PM »
Best 2hu since SoEW.  So hype.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »
Also gj ZUN on that Seija portrait. She looks like she's about to power slide through a kitchen.
\m/

Looking at the interface it seems it'll be an expansion on the photography game concept... which I fully approve of, especially the angle of finding a variety of innovative ways to cheese absurd patterns.  I'm a little disappointed that some of the patterns aren't actually impossible though.

Also and please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that Mountain of Faith was the death knell of the ser--oh wait that's what's being said, just seven years later.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »
Just noticed. Seems to be limited uses for each power. Interesting.

Crazy Machines, Danmaku Edition confirmed.

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2014, 05:22:59 PM »
To be fair, there are many series out there that are "dead" to its fans due to series of disappointment.  Producers of the media and hardcore fans often impose "take it or leave it" attitude, and it would be sad to see the same in Touhou community.

If Touhou is so dear to you and if you don't like how the series are turning out, you should be able to gather people who agree with your view, redesign and make your own spin-off, and express what Touhou should be.  Touhou is a consumer-created media community and we should encourage each other to express their opinions.

For my two-cents in TH14.3, it seems that ZUN is getting more and more ideas from "I don't want Touhou to be like this" series by yuke.  It was interesting to watch how Touhou can be different in a fanwork.  It's a whole new experience to play this difference in the official release.

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »
Except I am completely serious here and don't do it to be "edgy". Sorry if criticism of past games and having very little hope for the next game are forbidden, I didn't know!

Then you are free to LEAVE!  If I were the admin then I would have banned you already for disrupting the harmony of the group.

As for this game, seems interesting.  You can pretend to be Ryuko going on an insane adventure through Gensokyo.  A little imagination can go a long way.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2014, 05:31:15 PM »
I gotta admit, an entire game about cheating at danmaku sounds hilarious.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2014, 05:33:31 PM »
Then you are free to LEAVE!  If I were the admin then I would have banned you already for disrupting the harmony of the group.
translation: You have a minority opinion, therefore you need to be removed!
People have different opinions, expressing them isn't a crime.  Yeah, saying "2hu is ripded" is pushing it, but saying "I think the games have been getting worse and this idea seems uninspired" is a valid opinion to express.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »
ZUN, what did you do with yuke?
Did you somehow captured him using youkai magic and is- *is shot*

But seriously, I'm interested to see how this would turn out.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2014, 05:38:16 PM »
I still have my doubts as to whether or not this is a real announcement, but if it is... huh. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out in terms of difficulty.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »
People have different opinions, expressing them isn't a crime.  Yeah, saying "2hu is ripded" is pushing it, but saying "I think the games have been getting worse and this idea seems uninspired" is a valid opinion to express.

Completely agree with you on that one.  As much as one can think that guy's opinions are biased or not good at all, he's not expressed them in a rude manner nor offended anybody.  He hasn't 'distrupted harmony' as you put.  We're all being polite here and hearing his arguments, free to express if we agree with them or not.   

Telling someone they should get banned just because they politely disagree with the majority?  Come on now!  There's nothing wrong telling others what you think, even if you dislike things.

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2014, 05:40:42 PM »
Aw, but it would only be a temp ban until he cooled off for a bit.  And it was not the opinion itself that was the problem, it was how it was expressed.  It was at least mildly hostile and from a position of hopelessness with a side of rage.  A better way to express it would be for him to say "I believe ZUN has deviated greatly from his roots in a manner that is unacceptable.  He should review what he has done and go back to his roots and make games resembling those of his earlier works".  It is as simple as that with no hostility.

Gotta agree with Stuffman, though.  A game about the rules of danmaku being broken sounds interesting.  A disruption to the norm would allow us to see how Gensokyo reacts to its status-quo being challenged.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:46:58 PM by NuclearFalcon »

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2014, 05:46:37 PM »

Maybe it's the fact that you're hating on a game before it's even released/before you even play it. Despite it seemingly holding elements similar to GFW (which you called good) and the photography games (which you also praised). To me, this shows that you're already so biased against the new games that you will hate on this one no matter how it turns out.

You criticized people who are satisfied with any Touhou game, which I would agree with, but automatically disliking new Touhou games is the other side of the same coin.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:50:10 PM by Star King »

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2014, 05:50:01 PM »
Update of trailer from the man himself, ZUN, now available in HD! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2XZ1w-vvwI

*Everyone here should totally subscribe to his youtube channel*

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2014, 05:52:25 PM »
I must be honest. When some one posted link to the screenshots from another forum, I though this was fanmade (especially sice the person didn't know what was going on). Especially since Seija looked like Marisa to me.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2014, 05:55:03 PM »
Wait...day 1. Oh god. Seija's going to be trolling people days. lol

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2014, 06:06:59 PM »
Wow, this looks really fun. It's like Fairy Wars except breaking the rules of the game even further. I like this.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »
Holy cow, I JUST saw this a few minutes ago and now I am completely hooked.

Also, dat new Seija hairstyle.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2014, 06:13:16 PM »
Maybe it's the fact that you're hating on a game before it's even released/before you even play it. Despite it seemingly holding elements similar to GFW (which you called good) and the photography games (which you also praised). To me, this shows that you're already so biased against the new games that you will hate on this one no matter how it turns out.

You criticized people who are satisfied with any Touhou game, which I would agree with, but automatically disliking new Touhou games is the other side of the same coin.

This is a valid point I would like to address. The PV we have been shown shows the player teleporting past every bullet, or clearing them out completely, turning invincible for a short period of time to skip past the walls. This is not what you do in the photography games or GFW. Yes, you clear out bullets with your lense and ice. Yes, you sometimes specifically target a wall that is in the attack to choose to use your ice/picture. But what you don't do is do nothing and wait for the next wave to come at you. StB and DS all send constant barrages of bullets, not just waves of walls or a single trail of bullets following you. You were dodging inbetween the walls you cleared out. It doesn't seem to be the case right now.
Of course, assuming this game is constructed like StB and DS, we were likely just shown a few attack from the early stages and I personally hope that this changes significantly in the later stages of the game. But hoping is all I can.

As for "the other side of the coin" it's just that after the TD demo as well as the DDC demo I had high hopes for each game respectively, but was let down because stages 4-6 were actually worse than the early stages in both cases, which I found to be very disappointing. I can't hype myself up like many other people.

Naturally, judging this hastily may have been a mistake on my part. This isn't a maingame, but a spinoff - a sidegame. ZUN hasn't really missed with those yet, seeing how StB, DS and GFW are all good games, so chances are this may not turn out as badly as the last couple main games did.

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2014, 06:17:01 PM »
This looks seriously fun... I wonder how many items there will be and will Zun use similar mechanics in the next game of the main-series...

14.3? Sounds like there will be more side games. Maybe even a Hopeless Masquerade expansion, eh?

Most likely yes, but they will be coffee-break games... Also my prediction for their release dates 14.5 - summer comiket and 14.7 winter comiket.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »
Let's be honest here. This isn't about "minority opinions" being suppressed. Sakurei came into this thread pretty blatantly trying to stir shit, and when rightly called out did the whole wide-eyed blushing "oh but I'm only expressing my opinion" routine. Having some informed and articulate opinion about your doubts and misgivings of a game is just fine. That's not what was going on here, which was a rather tired role we've seen played out, game after game, from some random person or another who appoints themselves the Arbiter of TRUTH sneering at all us deluded fans who just can't see how awful Touhou really is.

This is a much more reasoned expression of yourself and where you're coming from. I don't understand why Edgebot 3000 is your default setting half the time when it comes to game discussion, when you've shown you are actually capable of being thoughtful and articulate in your criticisms.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zil

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2014, 06:22:11 PM »
I'll admit that some of what's shown in the trailer looks incredibly stupid, but I think it's very likely that anything shown there is from the early scenes in the game. The early scenes of StB or DS would probably give the same impression.

Here's what I've noticed:
Spell value drops, so speedkilling is important.
Grazing seems to flat out give you points, so supergrazing/milking will have to be balanced with speedkilling.
Bullet clear when the spell is captured also seems to give tons of points.

And so picking the right items to optimize these things may end up being tricky. That's assuming ZUN has not foolishly included one that's way too good or something.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:29:33 PM by Zil »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »
The early scenes of StB or DS would probably give the same impression.
Heh, yeah, actually. I remember when DS came out and screenshots were posted. Everyone concluded the game would be ridiculously easy and boring.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2014, 06:29:29 PM »
I think the final stage will feature the original owners of the items.  :V

Still no idea what that cloth, doll and statue do. Someone wants to translate what the description says?

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »
The doll is "Cursed Decoy Doll", so likely attracting enemy attention / aimed bullet. Statue is "Substitute Jizo", probably dying in your place in some way?

ZUN tweeted: "I am certain, this games contain absolutely no fan service."
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter