Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS: So who's bored and needs something to do? o 3o  (Read 22036 times)

Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS: So who's bored and needs something to do? o 3o
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 01:32:11 AM »
This is embarassing! Yeah, I have no problem to help out with music. I'll make as many songs as you like. I would want to know if I'm going to make orchestral or upbeat electronic though!
Thanks for the support   :D
Probably a mix of both. Especially piano stuff cause piano songs are great for ambient tracks. I'll discuss this stuff in detail when we actually get started.

Oh damn, how did I miss this =o If ya need some laid back acoustic jams for your game, count me in.

And good stuff cY, by the way~
:flowerpower:

Oh, cool! BG artist with some nameless fairies included.

Yay!
Uh are you talking about yourself or someone else? :V

I don't know if you're still looking for more artists at this point, but if you are I'm interested!
I have been somewhat out of practice with drawing until recently, so this would be a really fun way for me to get back into it.
You can find examples of my past artwork at mizusawamisuzu.deviantart.com
There's no limit to the number of artists I could use for a number of reasons. For a project that isn't really offering any physical compensation, people will undoubtedly come and go, so having more people would greatly lessen my chances of being artistless (like last year :V). Also having more artists means more work can be done in the same period of time, which means I can complete more projects in my limited timespace (the span of the summer break which is 4 months for me).
And your work is awesome btw BV

Also on top of cutins and backgrounds, it would be really nice if I could have people who can draw Event CGs too; basically a full picture of a significant scene, like a battle or a spellcard or a romance scene or something. This isn't as needed as the other two though since a perfectly good VN can still be made without any Event CGs (like Higurashi/Umineko), but I'm still wondering if anyone thinks they might be up to the task.

Again, I won't have any specific details worked out until the end of April/beginning of May, so make sure you all check back then, or else. :V

Edit: Oh wow cYsmix you've worked with KamiNekoYu before? Any chance you could contact him (or is it her?) about this project? It would be so awesome if I could have an OP or even just a trailer PV type thing for some of the potentially bigger projects :*
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:13:02 AM by Suikama QB »

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:22 AM »
Probably a mix of both. Especially piano stuff cause piano songs are great for ambient tracks. I'll discuss this stuff in detail when we actually get started.

Edit: Oh wow cYsmix you've worked with KamiNekoYu before? Any chance you could contact him (or is it her?) about this project? It would be so awesome if I could have an OP or even just a trailer PV type thing for some of the potentially bigger projects :*

I see. About KamiNekoYu, of course i could ask him. But for now, I think that it's way too early since we haven't even started. I'll ask him when we're near finishing the game, and i'll make an OP theme that he could make a video for, with some gameplay video in aswell. I don't think we need his help this early :P
Actually, I think I have someone that could sing in one of my songs. If i could plan this out, I could make a vocalized OP.

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 12:55:28 PM »
Uh are you talking about yourself or someone else? :V

:V Someone else.

I think you can throw me the event CG work. :3
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 04:32:20 PM »
I see. About KamiNekoYu, of course i could ask him. But for now, I think that it's way too early since we haven't even started. I'll ask him when we're near finishing the game, and i'll make an OP theme that he could make a video for, with some gameplay video in aswell. I don't think we need his help this early :P
Actually, I think I have someone that could sing in one of my songs. If i could plan this out, I could make a vocalized OP.
Of course, I wouldn't want him to do all that work for something that, as much as I don't want to say it, could possibly go defunct due to whatever circumstances. In addition, I only have smaller projects planned to start off with so there isn't anything worth making something like a PV or OP for yet.

Also an OP with vocals would be awesome BV

:V Someone else.

I think you can throw me the event CG work. :3
Sweet. BV

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »
I also totally don't mind Event CG work, it's my dream to make my own VN one day anyways... XD;;;

pineyappled

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 06:39:31 AM »
I'm up for the art, but my style is very inconsistent and doesn't fit with the other artists'.

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2011, 02:44:57 AM »
I also totally don't mind Event CG work, it's my dream to make my own VN one day anyways... XD;;;
VNs are really easy to make thanks to Renpy, so if you want to start making your own what you need most is hard work and a willingness to go through all that work. And this is as good a place to start as any /selfpromotion :V

I'm up for the art, but my style is very inconsistent and doesn't fit with the other artists'.
Don't worry too much about that. I have a lot of short stories I want to use and since quite a few artists have expressed interest so far I'll probably assign each artist to a story or something along those lines. Anyways just leave that part to me :V

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 02:29:26 AM »
If you need anymore artist, I would be happy to do some art for it.

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 02:41:34 AM »
Yep all artists are welcome to participate.

And on that note, everyone should check Alice's Art Atelier on April 22, 2011, which is Good Friday/Earth Day. There should be a topic with more information on what's going on with this project.

(I'm setting a date so people know when to check in and so I actually have a deadline to work with :derp:)

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
I'd be glad to help on the music side :D

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »
Cool stuff! It's good we have a wide range of artists to select between, but I don't know how many that will actually be hired? I'm actually not certain if I'm gonna be hired for work yet either.

Hiirana-chan

• Hurp Derpington.
  • Myonmyonmyon~
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I WANNA HALPS!
  :D

I have some of my art on www.hiirana-chan.deviantart.com.
I'm actually looking for something like this to do, since I'll be applying to art school within the next two years or so, and I need stuff for a portfolio.
>< pick me!  :ohdear:
I'd like to think of myself as an artist.
www.hiirana-chan.deviantart.com

:U

SleepKirby

• ESR coder
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2011, 04:51:28 AM »
As a programmer from the other Ren'Py Touhou VN (Eastern Starlight Romance, in-progress), I just wanted to say good luck, and hope this project succeeds!

Ren'Py makes it very easy to program a basic game, but customization can still take some time.  However, feel free to take any problems or questions to the Lemma Soft forums.  I'll be glad to answer questions, too; I learn a lot about Ren'Py by answering help threads, actually.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:53:19 AM by SleepKirby »

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »
Cool stuff! It's good we have a wide range of artists to select between, but I don't know how many that will actually be hired? I'm actually not certain if I'm gonna be hired for work yet either.
By hire I hope you don't mean paid work, since that's not really what I'm going for right now. This is more of an opportunity for both me and the artists on this board to actually get together and work on a project because we're lacking in either motivation or means to do so individually. My job as the project leader will not just to hand out random orders, but to help handle all of the other aspects of a large project such as time management, motivation, and general direction.

The products won't be sold for money for a variety of reasons: First of all if it's being sold for money then I'd need to enforce a fairly high standard for art going into the project and that goes against my intent for this project to act as a motivator for any potential artists on this board. Second of all I have high doubts that something like a Visual Novel based on Touhou fanfiction could sell too well, if at all, especially when there's competition in projects like Katawa Shoujo, which is completely free. And finally it's goes against ZUN's policy to sell a touhou derivative work on the internet, plain and simple.

If you don't work without compensation that's understandable. If this project turns out to be quite successful then I may consider actually hiring people and selling the finaly product to recoup the costs, but that would still be a ways off from now.

Or maybe I'm just reading way too far into the use of the word "hire". :V

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I WANNA HALPS!
  :D

I have some of my art on www.hiirana-chan.deviantart.com.
I'm actually looking for something like this to do, since I'll be applying to art school within the next two years or so, and I need stuff for a portfolio.
>< pick me!  :ohdear:
As I said before, everyone is welcome to participate!

As a programmer from the other Ren'Py Touhou VN (Eastern Starlight Romance, in-progress), I just wanted to say good luck, and hope this project succeeds!

Ren'Py makes it very easy to program a basic game, but customization can still take some time.  However, feel free to take any problems or questions to the Lemma Soft forums.  I'll be glad to answer questions, too; I learn a lot about Ren'Py by answering help threads, actually.
I've wrestled with Renpy and some of it's issues a bit last summer (stupid rollback :V) and python is my best language (by a bit) so I'll be fine for the most part.

Also good luck to your project as well!

Hiirana-chan

• Hurp Derpington.
  • Myonmyonmyon~
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 12:49:13 AM »
I can do character cut-ins! :D I have a weakness with hands, but I can get it right after a couple of tries.

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »
By hire I hope you don't mean paid work, since that's not really what I'm going for right now. This is more of an opportunity for both me and the artists on this board to actually get together and work on a project because we're lacking in either motivation or means to do so individually. My job as the project leader will not just to hand out random orders, but to help handle all of the other aspects of a large project such as time management, motivation, and general direction.

The products won't be sold for money for a variety of reasons: First of all if it's being sold for money then I'd need to enforce a fairly high standard for art going into the project and that goes against my intent for this project to act as a motivator for any potential artists on this board. Second of all I have high doubts that something like a Visual Novel based on Touhou fanfiction could sell too well, if at all, especially when there's competition in projects like Katawa Shoujo, which is completely free. And finally it's goes against ZUN's policy to sell a touhou derivative work on the internet, plain and simple.

If you don't work without compensation that's understandable. If this project turns out to be quite successful then I may consider actually hiring people and selling the finaly product to recoup the costs, but that would still be a ways off from now.

Or maybe I'm just reading way too far into the use of the word "hire". :V

Of course I work without payment! I always make my music free to download and stuff. Mainly because i think I owe ZUN at least that much. It's a hobby that's enjoyable to me, and i make music just for the pleasure of it and for other people. After all, I turned down the payment i could get for my music work in the k6project DVD i participated in.

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »
Of course I work without payment! I always make my music free to download and stuff. Mainly because i think I owe ZUN at least that much. It's a hobby that's enjoyable to me, and i make music just for the pleasure of it and for other people. After all, I turned down the payment i could get for my music work in the k6project DVD i participated in.

What he said, minus any success stories ;.;

Hiirana-chan

• Hurp Derpington.
  • Myonmyonmyon~
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 06:08:34 PM »
:)  Me too~
And without the success stories too...>.>'   -is trying to get my name out there for college and work and stuff- /shot

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 07:00:45 PM »
I can do character cut-ins! :D I have a weakness with hands, but I can get it right after a couple of tries.
No problem, we're all here to learn :)

Alright then I was reading too much into it. :V

What he said, minus any success stories ;.;
It's okay man :V

:)  Me too~
And without the success stories too...>.>'   -is trying to get my name out there for college and work and stuff- /shot
I'm not sure if working on something like this can count towards a resume/portfolio but anything you end up making along the way could work  :3

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 08:54:50 PM »
So this is what you were talking about over in PSL.
Wow, looks like you've got a lot of support going on for this
Which begs the question

Where do we post the completed works? AAA? PSL? KGB? :O

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 09:28:22 PM »
Well my one completed VN is in KGB so I guess it would be the same for this. When I finish each VN I'll probably end up spamming it as much as I can anyways :derp:

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 04:15:47 AM »
If you're still taking artists for this I'm definitely interested. :D I don't have a deviantart, however, but I could upload some stuff if you'd like.

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2011, 06:54:36 PM »
If you're still taking artists for this I'm definitely interested. :D I don't have a deviantart, however, but I could upload some stuff if you'd like.
Sure that would be great!

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »
Well my one completed VN is in KGB so I guess it would be the same for this.
A few days late, but still gonna answer that: Nope. Works are only moved to KGB a while after completion. To get proper attention to the VNs when you finish them, give them a thread in normal PSL ^^

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2011, 07:28:21 PM »
Well I was thinking 'ultimately' it would end up in KGB after being in PSL for a while since it's not like I can just post in KGB anyways :derp:

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
Well I was thinking 'ultimately' it would end up in KGB after being in PSL for a while since it's not like I can just post in KGB anyways :derp:
Well, if you put it like THAT, then yeah :V