Author Topic: [Music] Lunatic Eyes ~ dat immortal moon (`・ω・?) CHIPSTEP  (Read 1971 times)

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
(`・ω・?)(`・ω・?)(`・ω・?)(`・ω・?)(`・ω・?)(`・ω・?)(`・ω・?)(`・ω・?)(`・ω・?)

Haven't been here in a while haha. Picked up my gameboy again and made this. All done on LSDJ, gameboy tracker blah blah.

http://soundcloud.com/kommisar/lunatic-eyes-dat-immortal-moon
spellcheck lol

Drake

Re: [Music] Lunatic Eyes ~ dat immortal moon (`・ω・?) CHIPSTEP
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 01:28:32 AM »
>kommisar makes music post
>immediately rush to thread

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

OverCoat

• Don't think. Feel, and you'll be tanasinn.
    • OverCoat Music
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
Decent LSDJ work here, really picks up right before the midway point. I liked the buildup to it. If you feel like working on it further I have some critiques for you:

The part from 0:26 to 1:13 felt like it dragged on too long, I would recommend trying to reduce it to 2 or 4 patterns [not sure what your tempo & speed are set to] and hear how that works. After the swing section you can possibly bring back the patterns @ 1:26 for a while and successfully extend the tune. As it is a dance track, I like to see those reach at least 5 or 6 minutes. Also, I am not a fan of the arpeggio effect for the lead. Probably just a taste thing, but I just don't like how it's used here for the lead. Hurts my head. Can probably get a lot more expressive with pitch bends and vibrato instead.

On another subject, didn't realize you posted here, that is cool. I have featured your songs on my radio show before, a few times, mainly Rigid Paradise. Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:58:00 AM by OverCoat »

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »
thank you! This is certainly something I want to go back and polish up some. great feedback :3

Need to keep working on this EP  :blush:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:38:41 PM by Kommisar »
spellcheck lol

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »
Pretty good and rockin'!

I think 0:56 could use an alternate pattern to keep interest up. Seconding Overcoat on the post-swing pattern repetition.

I dislike using arpeggiation on leads or bass, and would prefer them for backing material (as in covering chords and similar harmony parts).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_