Author Topic: Phantasmagoria of Flower View English Patch Release!  (Read 132729 times)

Gnomazo

Re: Phantasmagoria of Flower View English Patch Release!
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »
well me and nemo just tried the online adonis and played a few games ^_^ works like a charm so far haha. had some issues since mine is a vista but i took care of it no prob. If you wanna play dood let me know haha. we have a hamachi room too. the same room we use for SWR i'm gonna use for PoFV so if anyone wants some PoFV or SWR matches bam let me know ^,^  but this english patch looks good so far.

Though i too miss the Dead Parrot. in fact i think there should be somethin for the winner too like "Live Soul" or something haha. "Live Parrot" maybe? hehe

Hi! I'm a new member in this forum. Which is the hamachi room name?

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »
I'll try working on the images (like I said I would) tomorrow. I just haven't been able to do much lately since I only just reinstalled my OS last week after my computer caught a backdoor.

Of course, this depends if Rufus even intends to make a version 1.2.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2009, 03:19:23 AM »
The installer makes a folder called "etmp" (I assume that was supposed to be "temp") when dealing with that.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2009, 07:10:40 PM »
Greetings. I have tried the latest patch, and it works fine, except that after I did a 100+M reimu lunatic story mode run and tried to save my replay, the game's main thread crashed. Don't know if this will help any, but here goes...

Unhandled exception at 0x00420d52 in th09e.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x01ebb000.

EAX = 02399C28 EBX = 00001C1C ECX = 0000012B EDX = 00001C1C
ESI = 04B65778 EDI = 01EBAFFE EIP = 00420D52 ESP = 0013F6A4 EBP = 0013FCC8 EFL = 00200212

PS: Subterranean Animism did this to me last month, and I worked around it by removing one or two earlier replays. No idea if it's a glitch caused by ZUN, or the translation pack.

« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2009, 05:21:07 PM »
One more thing: right now I'm running TH09 in Vista, and I am unable to get the fonts to display properly. If not installed, the text overflows past the text box. If I install them, I get blank text boxes. Tried turning UAC on/off, tried running exe as administrator, tried running in XP compatibility mode, nothing seems to help. On my XP laptop it works though.

PS: regarding the background kanji for the winner/loser message,
人生の勝利者 = shinsei no shourisha = winner at life
負け犬 = make inu = underdog, loser
so the touhou manga translation got it right xD

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2009, 03:55:49 AM »
the replay thing is an old glitch that's been in PoFV since its original release afaik. you might be able to alleviate this by trying to pick a replay slot, then backing out to the "Save a replay" y/n prompt, then picking yes and actually saving it. otherwise I don't think there's anyway to actually fix it unless it gets added to the universal vsync patch or such (like the PCB Cherry fix and the MoF Marisa.B fixes).

no freaking clue that something like this happened in SA, I thought only the desync bug in that engine (also shared by MoF and some other games) carried over.

as for the font problem, you did install the given font, right?
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2009, 06:45:08 AM »
Indeed I did, both by using the "Install" context menu action (which did copy the file to c:\windows\fonts), and by copying the file manually and opening the Fonts folder with explorer.exe (_the_ method in windows xp).
The font IS installed, I can actually view it in my web browser if I define a style that uses it. However, for some reason PoFV does not read it, or reads it incorrectly? :S

EDIT: Hey, what do you know... Either by messing with the font in the browser made it actually load into the system, or a reboot was required to apply the changes (I don't reboot often). The font works now <.<
I'll try messing with it later, maybe there's a pattern to this.

« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2009, 01:25:01 AM »
Sorry for repeating myself in the other topics, but the mirror for the patch hosted on touhou.net won't work unless you put "www" in the link. Here's the working link:

http://www.touhou.net/patch/th09e_v1_1.zip

Can we please correct this?

Hakkai

• Celestial
    • Touhou.net
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2009, 09:42:54 AM »
Sorry for repeating myself in the other topics, but the mirror for the patch hosted on touhou.net won't work unless you put "www" in the link. Here's the working link:

http://www.touhou.net/patch/th09e_v1_1.zip

Can we please correct this?
Erm, i don't have any problem downloading with this link... http://touhou.net/patch/th09e_v1_1.zip
What browser are you using?

Ninetales

« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »
Reporting a bug I found in the English patched version:

Placing the th09e.exe in a directory containing Unicode characters (東方花映塚, for example) causes the game to crash on launch.

« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2009, 07:09:30 AM »
I found out something about PoFV that some of you might need to know. Some people have experienced the game crashing upon startup, even though it seem to work without having it patched to English. I just found out the reason why--It's not because of the English patch, it's because of the 1.50a patch that's required before installing it English. If you patch the game to 1.50a, the game crashes on startup if your game folder is located outside of your C:\Program Files directory.

If you experience crashes when you start up the game, you need to put your game folder somewhere in Program Files.

« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2009, 07:55:17 AM »
That doesn't seem right, I have mine placed in a directory starting from the desktop and it never crashes on startup for me. But if this fix worked for you, maybe it'll work for some other people too.

*shrug*
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

DemonBurn

• The Burned one
  • The Demon of Sin and Chaos
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2009, 03:49:05 AM »
Extremely fun game.
I am waiting.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »
Typo. "anymore" refers to time, not amount. It should be "any more" in this sentence.

There're a few more typos in here, as well as some odd-sounding English.

nly

« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2010, 05:23:25 AM »
hey it gets to this and crashes every time help please