Author Topic: Neo WUFTD Discussion Thread - Mark 3 (Open! Anyone can join!)  (Read 34020 times)

Kakyoin

• The truth is all that matters.
  • Nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Neo WUFTD Discussion Thread - Mark 3 (Open! Anyone can join!)
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2012, 07:19:08 PM »
I like what I see so far, Ran-Rii and Raikaria, both in here and with your posts. Great reading! :D

I'll have another post up soon, starting it in the next few minutes (although knowing me, if it involves just my own characters, I tend to run away with it and make it long and detailed). In the meantime, if anyone else is interested in joining this roleplay,  please read through this thread to find out how to apply and join!

Former GM of the Neo Waking Up From The Dream Forum RP.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2012, 09:54:05 PM »
My apologies, everyone. I may not be able to post for the next few weeks. I apologize for the inconvenience. I am currently going through a very rough situation that is more or less sapping the life out of me. Please forgive me for causing any delays. I shall be back to posting when I feel I can handle the task.

Kakyoin

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »
My apologies, everyone. I may not be able to post for the next few weeks. I apologize for the inconvenience. I am currently going through a very rough situation that is more or less sapping the life out of me. Please forgive me for causing any delays. I shall be back to posting when I feel I can handle the task.

No problem, take care of more important things first. :D. This should be relatively low priority, anyway. More importantly, thank you for telling us about this. Good luck with your situation.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

Kakyoin

Adult content is not allowed on MotK.
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2012, 09:24:31 PM »
Participants,

Due to a recent problem with this subject, let me make this clear to everyone participating in Neo WUFTD: There is absolutely no adult content allowed on Maidens of the Kaleidoscope. MotK does not want to be represented by such content, regardless of intentions when discussing or showing it on these forums.

However, this roleplay allows adult content. If you would like to include adult content in your Neo WUFTD posts, you must do the following:

1. Host the adult content on an outside host website (Dropbox or any other online text hosting service will do) and link to it from your story thread post.

2. Label the link to the adult content with a clear indicator that the link leads to adult content (such as "18+", "Adult Content", "NSFW" or any combination of them).

For more information about forum rules, please read them here. Thank you in advance. Let's keep having a good time. :)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2012, 11:55:21 PM »
I just noticed that Ran-Rii has been permabanned.

Which kinda sucks because I was basing what I was writing off his lead, because I was busy with Uni commitments. [3 group courseworks due within 2 weeks of each other sucks, especially when you're group leader of ALL THREE.]

Give me a chance to get a plot together to lead off where Ran-Rii left off.

Makes me wonder if the reminder has anything to do with Ran-Rii's banning...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:56:56 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Kakyoin

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2012, 12:37:12 AM »
I just noticed that Ran-Rii has been permabanned.

Which kinda sucks because I was basing what I was writing off his lead, because I was busy with Uni commitments. [3 group courseworks due within 2 weeks of each other sucks, especially when you're group leader of ALL THREE.]

Give me a chance to get a plot together to lead off where Ran-Rii left off.

Makes me wonder if the reminder has anything to do with Ran-Rii's banning...
The announcement did have to do with Ran-Rii's ban. It was based entirely outside this roleplay, but as such he is unable to post here anymore.

However, Ran-Rii is allowed to continue with the roleplay (I double-checked with Nemo Ma on this, it's fine). But he may not make any posts himself; they will have to be done on his behalf via myself or Nemo Ma. This means nothing is wasted, but all communication with him will have to be done through the Saniwa Shrine chat for now (unless he has another medium of communication).

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2012, 07:41:48 PM »
If neither of the GM's have heard from Ran-Rii by Friday I'll start planning out to move on without him.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Kakyoin

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 07:22:22 PM »
If neither of the GM's have heard from Ran-Rii by Friday I'll start planning out to move on without him.
I heard from Ran-Rii yesterday, he wants to continue what he started with you. Talk to him in the Saniwa Shrine chatroom for now, please, or if he's not there then leave him a message. I'm away from my computer so I cannot do this now due to lack of the URL, but he has a message for you that I'll PM to you asap. He also has a post that I will publish on his behalf asap.

Kakyoin

Neo WUFTD "Sandbox Style" - Like or Dislike?
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2012, 11:21:06 PM »
Since I've seen so little activity in Neo WUFTD in general as of late due to a multitude of reasons, I'm starting to question whether or not participants are enjoying or have time for the 'sandbox' style of roleplaying that this roleplay lives and swears by. If you don't know what 'sandbox' is, imagine that a roleplay is a real, physical sandbox full of sand, plenty of toys that children would enjoy playing with, and objects with which to fill the sand with, such as buckets. Placing a child in the sandbox gives them completely free reign: they can build or do anything with the sand and the surrounding toys or objects around them. This is essentially what this roleplay is doing: it's dropping you into a situation and letting you do with it as you please.

I've been observing the frequency of activity depending on the situations we have presented in the roleplay thus far. I noticed that when we were integrating the first round of new participants in S2 (Amra, Marokuu, Sonae, etc.) we had a bustle of activity comparatively speaking. During this time we were laying out rails, or guidelines for players, significantly more than we have been otherwise during that time. Compare this to right now: participants have been thrown into the sandbox that is the virtual Gensokyo, free to do as they please as long as they eventually obtain their partners, and responses have slowed to a crawl significantly compared to the previous time period.

So now I must ask of everyone: Do you want more guidance? Would you like more situations set up for you ('spoonfed' plot)? I've been following along with what Nemo Ma has said to do so far (leave it as a sandbox), but I have my doubts about this working out well (combined with the ill-matching that I've hinted at several times already, this could spell bad news for the roleplay).

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2012, 12:31:32 AM »
For my part, Kakyoin, I've been trying to contact IO, whose character isn't far away from mine. I planned to collab with him, but he hasn't been responding, so I can't actually wrap my head around how I'm going to lay down all the events I want by myself. Recent family excursions have not been helpful.

Now that you mention this:
Quote from: Kakyoin
Do you want more guidance?
If I can find the time to: a) contact you or Nemo, and b) get started on my post, this would be extremely helpful.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Kakyoin

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2012, 01:18:50 AM »
For my part, Kakyoin, I've been trying to contact IO, whose character isn't far away from mine. I planned to collab with him, but he hasn't been responding, so I can't actually wrap my head around how I'm going to lay down all the events I want by myself. Recent family excursions have not been helpful.
IdiotsOpposite has also been occupied with his work situation. I've contacted him about it so he's aware.

Now that you mention this: If I can find the time to: a) contact you or Nemo, and b) get started on my post, this would be extremely helpful.
I had a feeling this would come up. I'll have a talk with Nemo Ma about this. In the meantime, I'll be on duty for answering anyone's questions as always.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2012, 03:07:47 AM »
If anyone find themselves facing the problem of "What to Start" or "How to Start" they can always come to me and we'll figure out something. Heck I'm even willing to setting up a chat room/group somewhere just to deal with this matter. (Or if you guys are willing to use QQ, I can set up a chatgroup and since I'm on that 24/7 you'll guaranteeing to get my reply on whatever stuff you want to ask sooner or later)

But for me, I'm against laying down the guidelines in-story post. Because I don't want the RP to behave like this:
Mission: Partner the Partners!
Mission Type: Regular, Crisis
               Get into Virtual Gensokyo
               Gather your partners (0/3)
                             Gather Lily White
                             Gather Lily Black
                             Gather Daiyousei
              Get ready for the exit!
Your Next Mission in the Story Arc: Shootdown Shoot Around

no, no, NO.

Which, to put it frankly, this MMORPG-like guidelines are actually what is happening right here. and personally I don't like this, at all because it counters creativity.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Kakyoin

Some more notes about posting now.
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2012, 05:19:42 AM »
If anyone find themselves facing the problem of "What to Start" or "How to Start" they can always come to me and we'll figure out something. Heck I'm even willing to setting up a chat room/group somewhere just to deal with this matter. (Or if you guys are willing to use QQ, I can set up a chatgroup and since I'm on that 24/7 you'll guaranteeing to get my reply on whatever stuff you want to ask sooner or later)

But for me, I'm against laying down the guidelines in-story post. Because I don't want the RP to behave like this:
Mission: Partner the Partners!
Mission Type: Regular, Crisis
               Get into Virtual Gensokyo
               Gather your partners (0/3)
                             Gather Lily White
                             Gather Lily Black
                             Gather Daiyousei
              Get ready for the exit!
Your Next Mission in the Story Arc: Shootdown Shoot Around

no, no, NO.

Which, to put it frankly, this MMORPG-like guidelines are actually what is happening right here. and personally I don't like this, at all because it counters creativity.
My own two cents on the matter:

Neo WUFTD is a lot to bite off (heard the expression "bit off more than you could chew" before?). In other words, this roleplay takes a lot of time and effort to make quality posts for. I think that Nemo Ma's expectations are justified; however, they are extreme and, due to likely roleplay:participant mismatching, not the best way to solve this problem. I've been following her lead on these decisions so far since she was one of the original GMs for Neo WUFTD, but I think this is taking it too far. However, she has several good points that I feel are worth reiterating:

1. We don't want to make this a series of quests. In other words, we don't want this roleplay to become an endless series of quests that limits your ability to have freedom and the ability to make your own decisions as to how the roleplay will go for you. At the same time though, we like to see initiative and a willingness to make this roleplay great with your efforts.

2. We are here if you need inspiration, ideas, or guidance. This may sound like an unfriendly answer, but you have been informed of what the current situation is (have your OC acquire partners in the virtual Gensokyo), so there is no excuse to not know what to do (although as I'm about to mention, there is likely some general confusion as to where to start). So you need to bug us if you aren't sure what to do.

The main problem I see right now, aside from obvious school/work/other real life things delaying participation, is that no one is sure of where to start. It's like an open-ended prompt on an essay in a literature class: you aren't quite sure where to begin because you can go in so many directions. There is no apparent right or wrong answer. So I propose the following:

If you don't know what you should do, shoot myself or Nemo Ma a PM or contact us otherwise and we can offer some guidance or inspiration on where to go for your next post(s) in the story. Bother us. We are here for that very reason.

I can guess that several participants would like some guidance in this sandbox roleplay. If this is the case, we will give you guard rails and point you in a direction to go. We do want to see creativity and excitement naturally occur without having to intervene, but it is not fair to participants that came into this roleplay without realizing what it is (and to be perfectly fair, Nemo Ma did not make that clear so you are all forgiven).

For example, let's take Crow's case since he recently posted about this being a desirable thing. Currently, he has not gotten very far into the virtual Gensokyo. Let's assume that he would like a bit of guidance or direction on what to do. Let's also assume that he wants to have an event with IdiotsOpposite, whos OC Zach has the destined partners Aya Shameimaru, Rin Kaenbyou, Tenshi Hinanawi, Fujiwara no Mokou. Let's consider Crow's destined partners: Suika Ibuki, Suwako Moriya, Letty Whiterock. We want him to have his OC, Danao, acquire all of them eventually. So I could give Crow some ideas:

1. Danao could encounter Suwako talking to Orin about making sure that Utsuho doesn't go wild during the disappearance crisis (the event where many of the virtual Gensokyo's inhabitants disappeared into reality). Danao could then easily set up a situation for making a pact with Suwako, and it gives IdiotsOpposite a chance to get involved in posting as well since it concerns Orin.

2. Danao could find Letty scolding Tenshi for planning on some devious blizzard to fall on Gensokyo to add to the chaos, stating it's her job; IO's OC Zach could approach them as well. This sets up a situation where they can dual post.

3. This is more of a note: Since Mokou has been used in story for a while, only recently released after Duke's OC Andy acquired Keine and subsequently Ken and Ran's pact backfiring, she should probably be acquired by IO last. So Crow shouldn't be too concerned with Mokou in his posts at all unless he visits the Human Village when Mokou happens to be there (this complicates his posting task though, since it requires more coordination and effort).

These are just a few things I could suggest to him. We can do this for any of you, so ask away if you would like guidance!

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
I'll be away for New Year's, so I won't be able to see whatever may happen. Also, could use some intervention.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »
I'll probably need a nudge on the 'Meeting with Ken or Amarillo', in how to go about doing that exactly, since I'm not sure about how they would go about explaining to David, and don't want to mess up their characters, or exactly what those characters would explain in the first place [They can only explain what their own knowledge allows, after all]

Probably something I'd need to further discuss on the Chatroom or PM's, but just bringing it up here and now as notice [I still need to plan the encounters with the trio of girls, who I intend to meet in the order Elly-> Elis-> Kurumi, and Elis is going to be a mistaken identity case on David's part looking for Elly's old friend.]

I hope I got Nitori right.

If I got any details wrong, let me know and I'll edit them.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:22:11 PM by Raikaria »

Kakyoin

Sorry. I'm quitting.
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2013, 01:49:56 AM »
After some discussion with various Neo WUFTD participants, past WUFTD participants and the other GM Nemo Ma about Neo WUFTD as a whole, I regret to say that I don't feel obligated to remain in this roleplay any longer. I'm throwing in the towel and not only stepping down as GM of this roleplay, but also ending my participation in the roleplay completely.

What does this mean for the roleplay?
-Nemo Ma will be the sole GM of the roleplay, and will be the only one who should be contacted about the roleplay now. She will also receive all documents that I have maintained in relevance to the roleplay.
-My team and characters are at the command of anyone who wishes to use them for any purposes in the story. They can be 'stored' (trapped) in the virtual Gensokyo otherwise.

Kakyoin y u do dis to me? :(
Without overextending myself, I'll say that I've grown bitter about the direction the roleplay has been going. Since Neo WUFTD (Season 2) started, the roleplay has, in my opinion, been going downhill since all of the WUFTD (Season 1) original participants left, especially the former other 2 GMs: Gappy and E-Nazrin. They were not poor leaders by any means, they just had other obligations in life. Neo WUFTD was essentially given a new skin to wear after that, and since then we've had to stretch it out to the point where we've had trouble getting participation and had to look for new, more interested/initiative-taking roleplayers to join us.
    The nail in the coffin for me is the general approach Nemo Ma has chosen for managing this very hands-off, sandbox roleplay. Since I became a GM after the others had to leave it behind, I trusted Nemo Ma to maintain the roleplay from behind the scenes, guiding it as she wanted it to be guided, while I focused on generating exciting content, pulling in new participants, organizing information and communicating as much as possible with everyone. Now that we've reached yet another lull in participation, I disagree with her management style, and I don't think it's worth it for me to continue as a GM for a roleplay with an emphasis on hands-off management. That said, Nemo Ma is not a poor leader, we are just different in how we manage things. Your best bet for contacting Nemo Ma is at the Saniwa Shrine public chat, inside the Gensokyo - WUFTD tab.

It was a pleasure GMing a forum roleplay for the first time. I'm thinking about starting my own roleplay sometime soon, as I already have some ideas. I apologize for anyone left behind as a result of this; I know that I had pending plans with Raikaria, so perhaps something can be worked out there. I hope this roleplay continues on with as much success as it has had, if not more! :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:09:00 AM by Kakyoin »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2013, 10:12:02 AM »
In regards to me, I'll either see if I can hammer out something with Nemo Ma, or use the pre-agreed plans to establish something similar, with Ken as an NPC.

I can work around things, although naturally I'm disappointed to hear the news.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:13:33 AM by Raikaria »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2013, 09:17:07 AM »
What I need to said have been already said in this thread and in various other places.

Ken's Google Documents will be transferred to Mysterious Database since my browser keeps trying to mess with my online identity and real identity. (Don't Ask)

I have plans for the following chapters, as of now, please acquire your partners in VR!Gensokyo. If you need any guidelines on how, when, where, and who to start, you can find me at Saniwa Shrine Chatroom. Notice I won't provide any sort of guidelines in-story via deus ex machina or Amarillo Viridian.

You can do whatever you want to acquire your partner from this point.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2013, 07:25:33 PM »
BUMP to provide yet another way (and 100% guaranteeing I would see it) of finding me to discuss everything you need.

You can find me on QQ, a popular Chinese IM Client, I have set up a group channel for this RP.
(before anyone goes "Chinese Overlords ruin everything": I heard some Touhou Wiki contributors are using QQ for communication too.)
It's one of the surefire ways of reaching me without using the webchat..

First, you go here (http://reg.imqq.com/) and apply for a QQ account.

Then, download QQ International and install it. Don't worry, the international version don't have anything that's related to its Chinese counterpart. and it's fully English.

After you installed it, login using your QQ ID and password, then click the Find Friends button, it's the 2nd button located on the bottom of the window.

Once you're there, you should have a "Find Friends" window open. switch to the "Join a group" tab, and enter this group number:

You should see a single group appearing, click the "+" symbol to open the verification window, in this window, fill in your forum ID and your OC name and submit it.
(Don't leave that empty or I'll ignore you! It's not my fault, spambots are popular in China too!)
By the way, after your information are verified, you can open the group chat window anytime by selecting the Groups tab in the main window and double click on the group name.

After I verified you you are now in the group and you can leave messages in it so I can see it, or you can just ask me questions if I'm here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:30:44 PM by Nemo★Ma »

natten20

• Faith, Hope and Love
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »
Nice. This will come in handy in times of need.

P.S I hope I did it right...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2013, 11:55:25 PM »
Okay, we're back.
Wait what?! We are never gone in the first place! don't look at me like that!!

Now, I have provided some help in-story.
Nitori just happens to have this broadcast/monitor system on-line. and Amarillo is heading everywhere to check up the status of the OCs.

That's your chance if you don't know what to do after you acquire your partner.

Though, if you don't know how to acquire your partner... my suggestion is to look at others who did it, and plan accordingly. You can also contact me via chatroom or QQ Group, if I'm not there, you can leave me a message since I'll always notice the messages.

Good Luck getting your partners! Let's get the party started.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:58:36 PM by Nemo★Ma »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2013, 04:11:54 AM »
I really should have posted a lot sooner, but writer's block hit about how exactly Elis would be bumped into, and then I simply forgot since the thread sunk.

I've put something up now. Should be able to post again in a few days once I've decided a few specifics on how I want this Elis thing to play out.

Oh, a minor thing, and Elly and David are headed for the Lake of Blood and Mugenkan, not the Garden of the Sun. Elly doesn't know Yuuka moved after she was fired yet. That said, I'm not sure if Keine would know about Mugenkan anyway.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:23:28 AM by Raikaria »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »

Oh, a minor thing, and Elly and David are headed for the Lake of Blood and Mugenkan, not the Garden of the Sun. Elly doesn't know Yuuka moved after she was fired yet. That said, I'm not sure if Keine would know about Mugenkan anyway.

Exactly, that's why Keine directed them to the Garden of the Sun.
Deux ex Machina will direct them once they arrives, or something.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2013, 11:00:17 PM »
Oh we're back? Woah, just as I was mubling to myself how this is another valiant effort.

Anyways, it's crunch time for me since it's finals week(s) in my place, and since how most of my finals are project-based...it'll take a while.