Author Topic: PMD to MIDI Conversion Tools!  (Read 9965 times)

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
PMD to MIDI Conversion Tools!
« on: July 08, 2013, 04:34:51 AM »
Use this set of tools collected from around the internet to convert Touhou PMD music (.M file extension) to MIDIs. Perfect for those of you who like making arrangements  :D

Important!!: Conversion to MIDI will result in the loss of percussion tracks and pan settings!

Toolset:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f7zngdzd8sr2o97

Instructions:
Step 1: Convert to RCP format.
 - Simply open the included MMD98 folder and then drag the .M song file onto CVRCP.exe
    If it works correctly, there should now be a .RCP file with the same name as the .M file, in the same folder.
     (It might capitalize and shorten the original name!)

Step 2: Convert to MIDI format.
 - Open the included rcp2mid folder and then double-click RCP2MID.exe
    Now drag the new .RCP file into the white box and then press the second button from the right!
     If all goes well, there should now be a .MID file along with the .M and .RCP files :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:16:14 PM by Dark Kitsune »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: PMD to MIDI Conversion Tools!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 06:31:56 AM »
I did something similar to this not too long ago, a way to "extract" the MIDI files from SoEW. They're the .MMD ones. Converted them to .RCP as well, then into .MID. Only one song got somewhat broken from it. (stage 3 theme, some instruments simply stopped halfway through, which EP was able to fix. I think ZUN is using some magic hacks to loop only part of the song while the rest continues to play) Didn't know you could do this for the regular songs as well. I'd have to look into this.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:04:38 AM »
I did something similar to this not too long ago, a way to "extract" the MIDI files from SoEW. They're the .MMD ones. Converted them to .RCP as well, then into .MID. Only one song got somewhat broken from it. (stage 3 theme, some instruments simply stopped halfway through, which EP was able to fix. I think ZUN is using some magic hacks to loop only part of the song while the rest continues to play) Didn't know you could do this for the regular songs as well. I'd have to look into this.
Yeah, so far I've successfully managed to extract and convert music from 3, 4, and 5, without a single problem. I also made another topic detailing how to extract .M music from TH 1-5. But I'll have to revise the instructions, I think there are a few errors in the information.

Most of my testing was done on LLS, and I was able to extract and convert every song in the entire game without a hitch :3 (Although it was somewhat monotonous...)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:12:06 AM by Ran Yakumo »

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 02:29:56 AM »
I get an error saying that it doesn't work on my OS when I try converting the PMDs to RCP format.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

I'm just trying to get Inanimate Dream and Lotus Love into midi form.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 04:30:07 PM »
Okay, I just tried the program with the TH-1 M files and by the dragon god's blessings, it works! Everything but drums was read and converted. (which I guess is expected but I'm a drummer and I have listened to these songs a billion times so I can figure that out asap).

I will be making a thread with the midis as soon as I have them all.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 09:43:58 PM »
I think it would be better if you didn't...