Author Topic: Pozeal's scripts  (Read 6567 times)

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
Pozeal's scripts
« on: August 07, 2009, 11:15:56 PM »
I've made a few scripts, and I'd like to share them with you folks for your playing enjoyment.
Jad Boss script and Spellcards
[Updated 8/9/09, made the between attacks less of an ass.]
[Updated 8/10/09, larger damage taking hitbox.]
Needs Helopolis' Expanded Shot Data + Shot Replace to work.
Natt's Boss Script and spell cards
[Updated 8/10/09, larger damage taking hitbox.]
Needs Helopolis' Expanded Shot Data + Shot Replace to work.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:32:10 PM by Pozeal »

CK Crash

• boozer
Re: Pozeal's scripts
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:23:06 AM »
Congrats on making the first danmaku to make a statement about gender roles.

Well aside from that, there's a bit too much of a randomness factor in a few of the attacks, and the sprite is extremely tiny compared to the hitbox. Aside from that, the design is pretty good.

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 12:37:28 AM »
Congrats on making the first danmaku to make a statement about gender roles.

Well aside from that, there's a bit too much of a randomness factor in a few of the attacks, and the sprite is extremely tiny compared to the hitbox. Aside from that, the design is pretty good.
Thanks.
I just now went through the files and made the hitboxes smaller, and updated the link for future downloaders.
As for the randomness factor in the attacks, I use rand like I eat chocolate. I use it once and next thing I know I'm binging. I'll try and not overuse it from now on.
additionally, your avatar is awesome because it references my favorite RPG series

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 01:40:54 AM »
The bad thing is that after the first spellcard and non spellcard attack, there are errors in the script.....

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 01:51:03 AM »
The bad thing is that after the first spellcard and non spellcard attack, there are errors in the script.....
there are? I play through it error free.. if you could tell or show me [via screenshot] what the error message is, I could possibly help you get it to work right/fix the error.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 01:56:55 AM »

As soon as I saw expanded shotdata needed, I had the lib Shotreplace but where do I put the expanded shotdata?

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 02:02:51 AM »
I have the script using the directory "libExpandedShotDatashot_replace.dnh" as a referall for the shotdata and the file that is used is the Expanded shotdata with shot replace script by onthenet

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »
Sorry to double post, but I updated first post with the boss script of Natt.
He has two spellcards and two attacks.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 09:39:27 PM »
boss script of Natt.
Natt.
...Naut?
I'd fund a Naut script, if I was awesome enough.
Probably, at this moment he's the only one that can write himself on Danmakufu properly.

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 10:02:50 PM »
Natt was just a random name, resembling matthew and nathan. It's resemblance to naut is pure coincidence.
No danmakufu script I will ever make will be worthy of Naut being in it.

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 03:29:27 AM »
The scripts are pretty fun. I've got two issues though, the first being your use of angular velocity.

ahhhhh

The second issue is that your boss' hitbox is too small. For SetCollisionA, you'll want a larger radius than the actual sprite just to make things simplier and for consistant damage. For SetCollisionB you can have it the same size as the sprite, so that the player doesn't get a "clipdeath" by running by the boss. Right now my shots don't do very much damage unless I'm dead on with the boss' x-coordinate, and even then I'm not hitting all my bullets with any character.

Confusing Prejudice was my favourite of the lot, good variety and fun to play.

Also what the hell guys do you want me to turn into a tomato or what
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:22:23 AM by Naut »