Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119445 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #750 on: March 25, 2011, 11:44:57 PM »
Kilga: I find a Kilga/Bardiche pairing to be likely, but I'm not going to try and convince you of it. I also find a huh what/Bardiche pairing to be possible if Schezo flips town.  If you give me back my gun I will shoot Dormio for doing this to me actually I'm not sure. We need a flip. My shot should set the day to 24 hours if we don't try to abuse the deadline so you all can think about it.

If Edible tested for zombies that lends more credence to my interpretation of the Traitor role. Because I have another shot tomorrow I can completely narrow down the list.

Why not a Kilga/Huh What pairing?

I mentioned on day 1 that it seemed like they were covering for eachother, and they seemed to have some pretty good teamwork too. Any reason you exclude that pairing?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #751 on: March 25, 2011, 11:48:05 PM »
If he flipped town it would mean either you were scum begging me to shoot you or you were the only one who couldn't be scum at that point. I guess you could have been a suicidal zombie.

capt.h: That would be really weird. Kilga wanted me to shoot huh what over Schezo and I was heavily implying that I wouldn't shoot Schezo at that point.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #752 on: March 25, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
Er huh what over Bardiche

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #753 on: March 25, 2011, 11:51:04 PM »
If he flipped town it would mean either you were scum begging me to shoot you or you were the only one who couldn't be scum at that point. I guess you could have been a suicidal zombie.

Or I could have theoretically been banking on you not listening to me, given the way you have been not listening to anyone all day. :V

But I can see that position now, yeah.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Shadoweh

« Reply #754 on: March 25, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
Since it's late, I'm going to at least wait for Schezo before shooting him. I'm pretty awed by how Dormio turned this around into the vigilante being forced at gunpoint to shoot who he lets me but I'm not going to leave him out of the discussion.

Kilga: Seriously if you turn out to be scum and not with Bardiche I will be in double awe.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #755 on: March 26, 2011, 01:11:56 AM »
Since I've dug myself a giant hole and you all want to kill me, I feel I should roleclaim so you all know what's on the up and up.

I be boring old vanilla townie, using only my wit and hoping it's enough to get me through the apocalypse.  I no longer have anything to fear from Shadoweh shooting me and sacrificing myself for my alignment, because if she does, it will answer more questions to help you all and she'll be following everyone's orders; clearing her for after I die. 

Shadoweh

« Reply #756 on: March 26, 2011, 01:14:38 AM »
That won't really help us much after you die though, Schezo. You honestly believe that because I want to shoot you I'll be cleared? Then who do you think is scum right now?

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #757 on: March 26, 2011, 01:32:30 AM »
No.  I honestly believe you all will see when I die and use my connections to people to go from there. 
If you don't die when you shoot me though then it's likely that you will get a positive response for listening to the rest of town's thought processes and demands.  They seem to know who scum will be depending on my flip and honestly at this point, every one of you look scummy.  All I can see at this point is that if I die town will get a lot more information on everyone else's alignment and since I'm on Edible's list it will help you find out if it's legitimate or not.  I can't get a read on Kilga either but having me flip confirmed town will help you find his alignment too.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #758 on: March 26, 2011, 01:36:12 AM »
ants
eeverywhere
onthecomputer
brb sccereaming
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #759 on: March 26, 2011, 01:37:47 AM »
No.  I honestly believe you all will see when I die and use my connections to people to go from there. 
If you don't die when you shoot me though then it's likely that you will get a positive response for listening to the rest of town's thought processes and demands.  They seem to know who scum will be depending on my flip and honestly at this point, every one of you look scummy.  All I can see at this point is that if I die town will get a lot more information on everyone else's alignment and since I'm on Edible's list it will help you find out if it's legitimate or not.  I can't get a read on Kilga either but having me flip confirmed town will help you find his alignment too.

Schezo - What do you think of Edible's roleclaim?

Shadoweh

« Reply #760 on: March 26, 2011, 01:39:17 AM »
Uh, right, I'll just wait for you to get back Serela since you're my other favorite townie.

Shadoweh

« Reply #761 on: March 26, 2011, 01:59:30 AM »
Actually Serp isn't here anyways so Schezo can be alive for awhile.
I wish you didn't look so scummy. I've read and re-read your posts and I can't find a good reason not to shoot you besides that you're the only person everyone agrees is a zombie. For the record though, I didn't sing a whole song about lynching you, just that that's what your Day 1 always says to me. :V
##Kill: Schezo

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #762 on: March 26, 2011, 02:49:22 AM »
With no further ado, Shadoweh drew her double-barrel shotgun and shot Schezo at point blank range.  The latter crumpled to the floor instantly, to a gasp from the crowd.

Shadoweh turned from her kill, and it seemed that she'd have some hard questions to answer momentarily.  But just then, Schezo jumped to his feet and lunged at Shadoweh's back with a horrible groan of "Braaaaaaains."

He latched on to his victim's head from behind, intent on gnawing her brain out, but Shadoweh wasted no time in finishing off the zombie.  Pointing the shotgun at her own chest, she pulled the trigger, blasting them both away.

Shadoweh, Town Heroic Vigilante, has died after using her ability!

Schezo, Zombie Hitman, capable of sending in an unblockable kill, has been dayvigged!

The day continued, as there was still plenty of time in which to decide the day's sanctioned lynch.  If anything, the mutually deadly scuffle would keep the town awake and alert for a few hours longer.

VOTECOUNT  -  . . .  And You're to Blame Edition

PX (1):  Colt, Dormio, capt. h
huh what (1):  Bardiche
Kilgamayan (0):  capt. h
Dormio (0):  capt. h
Bardiche (0):  capt. h
Colt (0):  huh what

Not Voting:  capt. h, Dormio, Edible, huh what, Kilgamayan, NeoSerela, PX, Zakeri

With 10 votes in play, 6 are required to lynch.  Just over 46 hours remain in the day.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #763 on: March 26, 2011, 02:53:05 AM »
Sweet!  That's one of 'em.

Hopefully this should convince people that I wasn't lying? :V

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #764 on: March 26, 2011, 03:35:50 AM »
All right, let's go through yesterday's end-of-day events, shall we? This is gonna be fairly reportery but it's important to have the notes and links handy for the conclusion at the end.

Serp 314: Vote count, shows Conqueror at 4 with a handful of people at 2, including Hourai, and Serela at 1. Important to note, just so there's a vote count basis.
Conqueror 332: Filibuster claim. The only change in the vote count between this post and Serp's is Dormio voting for PX who had no votes at the time.
huh what 337: Still wants Hourai dead/flipped/whatever, but open to PX or Shadoweh as well. Important phrase: "but if [Hourai] won't work I would easily take PX as well".
Pesco 343: Votes Hourai, bringing him up to the non-Conqueror lead.
huh what 344: The very next post after Hourai gets put into the lead, huh what opens with "After thinking things over further, I definitely support a PX flip." Which...is not at all a change from the previous opinion expression so why did it necessitate a "after thinking things over further"? And suddenly questions about when to switch votes for Conqueror role purposes arise while mentions of Hourai disappear. This seems to suggest very heavily that huh what was looking for somewhere to go. Granted this post came 6 minutes after Pesco's, but it acknowledges Pesco's and talks to Pesco about Zakeri instead of Hourai, who had been huh what's major target throughout the day and Pesco had just put into the lead, which makes huh what's apparent search for somewhere else to go all the more suspicious.
Serp 373: Vote count after a rush of Serela votes (of which I was a part, embarassingly) showing Serela now 1 ahead of Hourai.
Bard 376 and 378: Goes over all the cases and, despite the vote momentum clearly swinging Serela's way, chalks Serela's play up to laziness instead of scumminess and bring Hourai back up into a tie. The one interesting thing about this pair of posts is that Bard says "there is absolutely no support for NeoSerela that I can gather" when Serela had just bagged three votes in a row.
Pesco 391: Puts Hourai back out in front for the mechanics of Conqueror's role. Points to Edible for this, which helps downplay the wool-pull theory about the bucket list.
huh what 438: huh what finally reappears with confirmation that he'd prefer Hourai to Serela, but considering the circumstances this opinion is forced because he would look utterly terrible if he switched now.

Rest of the day plays out as we all know. What can be gleaned from this? I admit the choice is easier for me than for most of the rest of you since I have one less option, but:

##Vote: huh what

That dance involving PX looks really awkward. It's like he completely forgot Hourai existed - I cannot fathom why he would make no mention whatsoever of Hourai after Pesco voted him into the non-Conqueror lead - or was just trying to look for any reason he could to get off of Hourai onto someone else to make sure Hourai didn't bite it. Bard's vote, on the other hand, came at a critical juncture (how many times have I said that phrase now?) and put Hourai into a tie for first when there were a couple of other cases he could have latched on to without much effort.

tl;dr: Bard actively pooh-poohed other cases to vote Hourai into a tie when he could have chosen someone else fairly easily, huh what looks like he actively tried to get OFF of Hourai while the filibuster phase of the day was still in its early stages. Bard's support for the Hourai wagon looks a lot more sincere than huh what's in this light.

I will admit that I am very nervous at the idea of three town vig roles combined with the potential Pescible4u's role had - potential it followed through on in a big way - but I strongly dislike playing the setup over playing the game, so my vote sits where it is.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #765 on: March 26, 2011, 04:13:22 AM »
So. Many. Vigs. :getdown:

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #766 on: March 26, 2011, 04:20:41 AM »
Also happy birthday guy. Sorry that the only present I have for you is a vote. :(

Also also every time I read over this I think it sounds a little more awkward, so rather than wait for someone to ask about it I'll just explain it now.

I will admit that I am very nervous at the idea of three town vig roles combined with the potential Pescible4u's role had

I mean this in the sense that I'm nervous that I'm very seriously entertaining the idea that town actually does have these things, which is effectively what I am saying with my vote where it is. It seems very suspect on balance principle alone to give town three killing roles and an investigative role with the potential to identify a specific group of five people as containing at least two scum.

But game > roles, so.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #767 on: March 26, 2011, 04:34:32 AM »
It just occurred to me that going over Bard/Schezo and huh what/Schezo interactions might be a good idea for me. >_>

It will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon, though.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #768 on: March 26, 2011, 07:13:54 AM »
Wanted to make a desire joke before Schezo dying but I was too late...

Anyway, Edible's list has gone from a little trustable... to a bit more trustable. However, I can't find anything about remaining 3, and it looks like this is going to be the main topic of discussion now?
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #769 on: March 26, 2011, 09:45:39 AM »
What is with you people and your love of suicide?

Hi Colt.
I lurked because I feel that the end points of the Day are the better opportunities because there's more information to be quoted. D1 had conqueror which fixed things there.
Are you really still planning on lurking?
And will you be saying actual stuff in the near future?
Seeing as your (near non-existent) posts contain next to no content at all.
I've already mentioned on Kilga and Shadoweh gets clear because she'll be able to prove her power once she executes it.
Uh, why does Kilgamayan also get a clear? Elaborate on this, please.

Zakeri doesn't exist either. :/

Anyway.
Right now I don't like PX and Bardiche.
PX has... done nothing really.
How I view PX is still the same as yesterday.
His only actions have pretty much been jumping onto the Conqueror wagon, tunneling on Shadoweh, and restating various facts.

Bardiche.
Well, he is on Edible's list, for one.
When Shadoweh was about to shoot him, he just gave up and refused to say anything.
Uh, I had more stuff but I forgot.
I'm still tripping after being pumped full of drugs at the hospital.
I'm going to take a nap and say some more stuff about Bardiche when I wake up.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #770 on: March 26, 2011, 11:43:09 AM »
I feel worse than I did before that nap.
It now hurts in my everywhere.

Anyway.
Bardiche claims to have killed Uncertain Kitten, but if you look at his interactions with her, he does say stuff about her but also keeps mentioning how he wishes he could vote multiple people.
He then spends the rest of the day never mentioning UK again, focusing mainly on huh what.
He also spent most of today going after huh what.

Also, before anybody says something about stopping the vig shot on Bardiche, that was caused by me being suspicious of how Shadoweh was acting.
But, well, she flipped town.
So yeah.

##Vote Bardiche

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #771 on: March 26, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »
Huh, so Shadoweh can dayvig.

Alright, I am going to propose that Huh What is the absolute scummiest person alive right now and that lynching him will set us on the way to victory. I will provide a list of six arguments to support that Huh What = Scum, and when I am done I hope you will all agree that ##VOTE: Huh What is the only reasonable course of action, so I finally get to have my cake and eat itwe need only mash down on the last remaining scum. Also, I'm posting a wall of text here, because being concise has never helped me! Also because I like being a hypocrite and posting walls despite my aversion to them.

The song and dance begins, of course, with his first case in the game, which boils down to "Bard seriously wants to lynch Serela over RVS shenanigans", which is an absurd point to pursue and strikes me as the "forced case" scum are trying to push he has been talking of. That he later handwaves this as "I was derp" is honestly the only explanation for the behaviour, but derp comes from scum as equally strong as it comes from town.

He later continues to submit that I must have been entirely serious, which remains a ridiculous point to sit on and, taking a leap into HUH WHAT IS SCUM, would permit a scumWhat to sit back for a while and see if there wasn't anything to jump on.

Secondly, the way he jumps off the Bard vote is a complete handwave and awkward transition. "Oh, on a re-read". Did you really need a re-read to reveal a major epiphany that my first post in the game was not a full blown "Serela is the scummiest player ever and should lynch immediately"? I find this hard to believe, and from an experienced player as Huh What, the line of inquiry is ridiculous.

When he moves on to the Conqueror case, he makes an interesting line of inquiry, but backpedals just as quickly on the case. There is an interesting bit of manipulation here, where he strikes a semblance between Conqueror and PX's inquiries, states that if PX's inquiries are useless, so are Conqueror's. This question is of course silly because no one thinks their case is nonsensical. The irony in that post that most strikes out is
It looks as if you are scum hanging on too hard to the case they believed was the most convenient so that they do not have to backpedal and come up with serious opinions on other players (as that would both draw attention to them and possibly give them extra chances to slip up).
Hi, how's that vote on me going earlyDay1? And at the end of the post, he even declares my vote on Serela wasn't the "primary reason". Uuuh okay,  you had other reasons to suspect me at that juncture?

Diving into the next point, argument #4, we submit this post, and pay specific attention to the line that talks about counterwagons. It's particularly interesting because just earlier he was decrying Shadoweh as scum. Now she's suddenly the counterwagon to scumConq. That he never lets up on Conq until after the reveal (and even then still dares suggest scumConq) is also a curious thing and I do not like it.

He declares Shadoweh scummy here, accusing her of bussing scumbuddyHourai and restating that the rest of D1 stuff also applies. But later everything is forgiven if Hourai wasn't known to scum. How does it matter? That he drops the case in favour of voting Colt is even more sadfaze, because his Colt case drops to nothing but "Colt is a newbie". That he asserts Colt is a worse PX is amusing, given he asserts PX is scum but doesn't mention Colt much if at all until he votes Colt. Then suddenly Colt is PX2, except worse.

Finally, he conveniently knows that scumSchezo was given the radio, and his tracking apparently highlights "oneshot" ability. Erh, really? "You saw Shadoweh use action X on player Z, this action is oneshot"? I'd like to hear the exact details on how you knew it was oneshot!

But Bardiche, I hear you say. Couldn't Huh What really have been derp during D1? No, my dear town. He can't have been derp during D1. Because it's just ridiculous how much his opinion flips and how strongly he latched onto me like a  helpless puppy.

But Bardiche, quoth you. What if Huh What's role really tells him if an ability is one-shot or not? :S My dear town. What value is there in revealing he knew who the radio was passed to other than to claim Tracker? ... and why would he claim tracker at this stage in the game when he could still attract the NK? There's just no merit in revealing the radio.

There. Six arguments, as promised. I hope that by now you understand that Huh What is absolutely scum and must die. Kilga is just not that interesting a lynch if you line up the wall here. His only real mark against him is "I'll take the bullet for Bard :C", which honestly can't strike me as particularly scummy... how is suicide scummy? It's not.

There. Can I finally get my cake now? :V

Cut by Caedo, response in a new post.

Bardiche

« Reply #772 on: March 26, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »
To address matters first.

When Shadoweh threatened to shoot me, I felt she was being entirely illogical and was majorly bummed I was about to be eliminated because Shadoweh felt Kilga was acting scummy and then wanted to shoot me. Sorry, but I don't feel like going all WALLS when someone's all "NYAHAHA IMMA SHOOT YOU ANYWAY". Full claim might just as well have benefited a bluffing scumShadoweh, and all the information TOWN needed would be in my flip.

How is my YuGiOh card part of interaction with her? Even if I was scum there's no way I could've known she had a vig shot. And why would I mention UK again after deciding to vig her?

And I spent most of the day going after Huh What because he's scum darnit. :V Do you know how frustrating it is to be absolutely sure person X is acting scummy and the rest of town is going "... :V!" I thought UK was scummier at night (and I don't like to breadcrumb but abandon the crumb) and, unlike Huh What, UK showed no signs of entertaining any inquiries to elucidate her behaviour. Between someone who could slip and someone who town accepted to just blatantly disregard someone voting her for what I felt are valid reasons, removing UK seemed like the safest bet to avoid scum skirting by on the power of ignoring.

UK kept her vote on me for a long time, insisting a particular piece of information is important, and when it was provided she refused to elaborate on why it was important. That was scummy to me so I acted. :V Seriously do I need to keep underlining this, am I the only person who felt it wasn't pro-town to just disregard people and act as UK did?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #773 on: March 26, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »
As much as I think huh what is more likely to be scum than you, in that last point there I think huh what was saying his tracker ability was one-shot, not that the action he tracked was one-shot.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #774 on: March 26, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »
(For what it's worth, I see no glaring issues with the rest of your case.)

Bardiche

« Reply #775 on: March 26, 2011, 12:27:47 PM »
... I completely misread it. :V I thought he was referring to the action he tracked. Considering that, one of the arguments becomes null and void.

I don't think that weakens the strength of the case.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #776 on: March 26, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »
I would oppose returning the gun simply because I do not wish to die and because Shadoweh already demonstrated she will not permit town to direct the kill. The anti-town attitude of soloing the day while never providing any reasons on why anyone is scum displayed over the day also doesn't really make me eager to permit her to shoot me.

capt h, why is Schezo scummy for voting to L-2? I admit I have no real desire to read back to what particular instance you are referring.

How do Dormios actions clear PX? How does townDormio equate to scumPX, but scumDormio equate to townPX?

I need you to explain a few points about this post Bard.

Now, I can understand not wanting to give Shadoweh her gun back. She nearly shot you after all. However, it's still anti-town to fight the vig kill in this situation.

How do Dormios actions clear PX? How does townDormio equate to scumPX, but scumDormio equate to townPX?

However, this question reeks of scum intent. It feels like a deliberate distraction from Edible's list, and an attempt to make me look for two scum not on the list instead of one.

The intent of this post is to prevent Dormio from giving Shadoweh her vig kill, and to widen the list of possible suspects outside of Edible's list. It reeks of trying to confuse the situation and slow down the elimination of scum. I want to know what you were hoping to acchieve with this post, and your motive for writing it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #777 on: March 26, 2011, 06:19:47 PM »
K, waging a war on the ants at the computer, mostly winning. This consists of forcefully blowing away every ant I see, and after a few hours, it seems to have made using the computer... realistic.

Haven't caught up at all, but one thing I'd really like to say is that capt.h, you are trying waaay too hard, and reading into things to the level of conspiracy theories.

Quote from: capt.h
However, this question reeks of scum intent. It feels like a deliberate distraction from Edible's list, and an attempt to make me look for two scum not on the list instead of one.
Okay,um.

Let's look at something you said on the previous page.
Quote from: capt.h
3. I stopped being convinced PX was scum when Conq. showed his list. I became pretty sure he wasn't scum when Dormio made that anti-town vig block.

4. I abandoned PX in favor of Dormio because anyone who gets in the way of checking Edible's list is anti-town.

5. Because that all assumes Dormio is not scum, and if nothing else Dormio is in town's way. If Dormio turns out to be town, then I'll attack PX again.
>I abandoned someone not on Edible's list to chase someone else not on Edible's list
And then when someone asks you why not-on-the-list A(Dormio) being town means not-on-the-list B(PX) is scum or vice versa, you say "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO CHANGE THE CONVERSATION TO PEOPLE NOT ON THE LIST". What the hell?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #778 on: March 26, 2011, 06:40:02 PM »
Well, you were warned to beware the ants of March.

Will pick up studying Schezo interactions with my bucket list brethren very soon.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #779 on: March 26, 2011, 06:43:40 PM »
Bard: Can you NK again tonight?