Author Topic: Reimu Quest - A Paradise At Heart  (Read 191837 times)

Nekomata-chan

Reimu Quest - A Paradise At Heart
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »
You are Reimu Hakurei, Shrine Maiden of Paradise.
>You are the lone shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine, responsible for its upkeep and the upkeep of the Great Border separating Gensokyo from the outside world.

>You wake up early one morning, jerked awake by the scorching sun and dreading the mundane day ahead of you.
>You have a small hangover from the party you hosted for your friends last night, but the headache you have is enough to drive you insane.
>The sun is almost too hot for the middle of autumn, but it wouldn't be the first time the sun shone out of place...
>Unfortunately, you are starving.

Quests
>Gaps Speak Louder than Words!
Yukari said that she needed to talk to you. She sounded serious.

>Snapshot of Life
Aya and Hatate have been arguing all week. It would be a good idea to stop them before they damage something.

>Stomachs to Fill
You need to shop for food. Your entire stores are empty, save for a small handful of tea leaves.

>Kleptomania!!
Marisa stole your Demon Basics book. You kind of need it back soon.

>Leaf Attack!!
Leaves all over the shrine grounds!! They must be exterminated!!

Health: 90/100 - The hangover has left you a little woozy.
Thirst: 75/100 - You aren't thirsty, but you wouldn't say no to a drink.
Hunger: 25/100 - You are starving.

Re: Reimu Quest - A Paradise At Heart
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »
>Food takes priority! Time to seek food!
>Do we have any money?

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
> Make sure to get cleanish clothes on!
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 04:32:48 PM »
>Food takes priority! Time to seek food!
>Do we have any money?
>The nearest and easiest-to-reach place with food is the Human Village... Yuuka's place is closer, but she's not the most generous.
>You are stony-broke, not a single coin to your name.

*New stat added: Sanity!

> Make sure to get cleanish clothes on!
>You pull on a clean set of your everyday red-white miko outfit. It's almost too big, since you have lost a lot of weight over the past few months of living in medium-severity poverty.

Health: 90/100
Thirst: 75/100
Hunger: 25/100
Sanity: 80/100

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »
>Self Inventory
>Shrine Inventory
>Relationships
>Recent Encounters
>Anything else we need to know?
>Grab some amulets and spellcards before heading off
>Lock up the shrine or atleast hide any valuables, since we don't need Marisa stealing them.
>Grab gohei and take flight!
>Carefully watch the ground below us for any suprise attacks.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »
>Relationships
>Who owes us money?
>Who's easy to mooch off of?

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:00:22 PM »
>Self Inventory
>Self Inventory:
Miko outfit - x1
Spellcards - x3
-Spirit Sign: Fantasy Orb
-Fantasy Heaven
-Boundary: Expanding Boundary
>Shrine Inventory
>Shrine Inventory:
Your spare Miko outfits: x3
Tools
-Shovel
-Broom
Sack of tea-leaves
>Recent Encounters
>Well, since the divine spirits incident involving the Taoists, the only encounter you really had was with Yukari, Suika, Marisa and Sakuya last night, during the party.
>Anything else we need to know?
>Grab some amulets and spellcards before heading off
>There is nothing else you need to know.
>You stock up on weapons.
>Lock up the shrine or atleast hide any valuables, since we don't need Marisa stealing them.
>Grab gohei and take flight!
>Carefully watch the ground below us for any suprise attacks.
>You fly off from the now-locked shrine, keeping vigilant for surprise attacks. You manage to fly to the Human Village without being heckled.

>Relationships
>Who owes us money?
>Who's easy to mooch off of?
>Relationships:
Marisa Kirisame ~ Friend
Yukari Yakumo ~ Friend and annoying gap-hacker
Suika Ibuki ~ Regular guest
Aya Shameimaru ~ Regular voyeur
Sanae Kochiya ~ Rival shrine maiden
Yuuka Kazami ~ Fairly close "neighbour"
Alice Margatroid ~ Friend
Sakuya Izayoi ~ Friend
>Of those listed, nobody owes you money.
>Marisa would probably be the easiest to mooch off of, and Sanae and Yuuka are no-fly zones in the mooching-area. Sakuya would probably give you something, but not enough to keep you going.

Thirst: 70/100

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 10:12:12 PM »
>Hmm...Why was this party held anyways?
>How's our pain? If the headache is too bad maybe we could get some painkillers from Eirin. ...She doesn't mind if I don't pay upfront after all...
>Now how do I go about getting money...?
>Options?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:22:54 PM »
> Relation with the Human Village?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:51 PM »
>Hmm...Why was this party held anyways?
>It was Yukari's idea. Blame her.
>How's our pain? If the headache is too bad maybe we could get some painkillers from Eirin. ...She doesn't mind if I don't pay upfront after all...
>You don't need medicine, it's just a dull ache keeping you from falling asleep, really.
>Now how do I go about getting money...?
>Options?
>You could:
-Swiftly steal from the market stalls and avoid getting CAVED.
-Beg Keine to help you out.
-Beg for money in the street.
-Kill everyone and loot their houses ~ Not recommended!

> Relation with the Human Village?
>Everyone knows you as the "red-white miko" and nothing else, except for Keine. You are indifferent with each other, and on polite acquaintance terms for now.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 10:29:45 PM »
> Does that include Akyu?

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 10:32:23 PM »
> Does that include Akyu?
>Akyu knows your name, remembering both your name and you yourself as her ability would allow her to. She doesn't really care, much.
But she's nice enough to let you mooch food...

Hunger: 20/100

>Your stomach rumbles, hard. Food would be helpful soon, let's get moving!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:58 PM »
> Visit Akyu, she clearly would know how important we are, and how bad it would be for Gensokyo, and the Human Village, if we were to starve to death.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
> Visit Akyu, she clearly would know how important we are, and how bad it would be for Gensokyo, and the Human Village, if we were to starve to death.
>You head towards the Hieda household, dodging a few over-excited children.

>You knock on the door, and Akyu shouts for you to come in.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »
> Enter, and say hello, and any other plesentaries which are custom on Gensokyo's Human Village.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 10:53:17 PM »
> Enter, and say hello, and any other plesentaries which are custom on Gensokyo's Human Village.
>You enter the Hieda household, where Akyu is busy writing the Gensokyo Chronicle. Your stomach rumbles so loud that she hears, and chuckles quietly.
"Hello, Reimu. What brings you here, then?" she asks, probably knowing the answer.
>Beside Akyuu a tray with tea, a large half-full bowl of rice with some chicken on top, as well as two skewers of sweet dumplings. Your stomach rumbles loudly again.

>Looking at the food makes you want to dive on it and gulp it all down, but you must remain civilised!!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 10:59:54 PM »
> Think of a topic you want to discuss with Akyu, even if you don't actually want the information... over lunch.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »
> Think of a topic you want to discuss with Akyu, even if you don't actually want the information... over lunch.
>You decide to ask her if anything interesting has happened, to distract you from the food...
>Akyu shrugs, "Well, a tengu reporter came by brandishing photographs of a kiss between Keine and Mokou, and I happen to have one."
>She produces a rather scandalous picture of a rather risqu? kiss between Mokou and Keine.
>"You see, the reporter, whose name is Shameimaru Aya, threatened to publish them in her Bunbunmaru paper. Keine is a nervous wreck over it, in case she is exiled or ostracised for kissing Mokou. If you could track down Miss Shameimaru and stop her, I'm sure Keine would be in your debt."

>QUEST ADDED!
Historical Smooch
-Track down Aya and stop her publishing the pictures.
>ITEM RECEIVED!
Photograph of Keine Kamishirasawa and Fujiwara no Mokou kissing.

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 11:14:53 PM »
> Ask her if you can have a bite or two of that meal. As pleasently as you can without looking desperate.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
> Ask her if you can have a bite or two of that meal. As pleasently as you can without looking desperate.
>Akyu smiles, "Oh, sure. Help yourself. Finish it off if you want, I'm not hungry."
>It takes all your self-control not to jump on it.
>Akyu pushes the tray across the table, offering it to you before going back to work.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »
> Eat, while wondering why Keine would be fearing exile for kissing a human, albeit, a hermit. Not to mention why the Human Village would ever exile Keine, seeing as she's their main protector.

> Is the human village's general populus aware that Keine is a Half-Beast? And is the picture of Keine's normal or her Hakutu form?

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 03:30:08 AM »
>Food...~
>Almost do something to represent our satisfaction at having been fed, but stop just before we do.
>Risque? What exactly makes this photo so dangerous?
>Ask Akyuu about the latest romance gossip
>What time of day is it? If we can't tell, ask Akyuu.
>How are we supposed to find Aya let alone catch her? We'd need Nazrin a lot of luck to find that reporter with ease.
>And eve if finding her is easy, how could we stop her from leaking the photo to the public?
>Think about our memories of Mokou.
>Consider learning how to be a professional pickpocket

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »
>While we're dealing with Aya, do we know why she and Hatate are fighting? Depending on the reason, we might be able to kill two birds with one stone.

>How do we normally find Yukari?

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »
>Consider fanservice for cash.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »
> Eat, while wondering why Keine would be fearing exile for kissing a human, albeit, a hermit. Not to mention why the Human Village would ever exile Keine, seeing as she's their main protector.
> Is the human village's general populus aware that Keine is a Half-Beast? And is the picture of Keine's normal or her Hakutu form?
>Keine's probably over-reacting.
>They know about her hakutaku-form, and that form is the one she has in the picture.
>Food...~
>Almost do something to represent our satisfaction at having been fed, but stop just before we do.
>Risque? What exactly makes this photo so dangerous?
>Akyuu sees you about to do something, and smiles, "No need to thank me. We can't have Gensokyo's primary shrine maiden dying of starvation.
>Both Keine and Mokou are half-naked... that's what.
>What time of day is it? If we can't tell, ask Akyuu.
>Akyuu answers your question with, "Quarter past nine in the morning."
>How are we supposed to find Aya let alone catch her? We'd need Nazrin a lot of luck to find that reporter with ease.
>And eve if finding her is easy, how could we stop her from leaking the photo to the public?
>Think about our memories of Mokou.
>Aya's probably at home or fighting wth Hatate. She has little priorities.
>You could either attack her and force her not to, or you could steal the pictures.
>All you can remember is that Mokou has a hot temper. You haven't spoken to her since the imperishable night incident.
>While we're dealing with Aya, do we know why she and Hatate are fighting? Depending on the reason, we might be able to kill two birds with one stone.
>How do we normally find Yukari?
>Hatate and Aya are fighting to eliminate the other from the journalism world.
>Yukari could be anywhere. You usually find Yukari when she decides to gap around to you.
>Consider fanservice for cash.
>Should you really do that with so many kids around? They aren't at school today.

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »
>Finish food and and thank Akyuu cheerfully for feeding us.
>Choose: Steal and Destroy the evidence.
>Lets head out to find Aya then!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »
>Finish food and and thank Akyuu cheerfully for feeding us.
>Akyuu smiles, "Glad you enjoyed it."
>Choose: Steal and Destroy the evidence.
>Lets head out to find Aya then!
>You head out of the Hieda household and fly to Aya's house. Knowing her habits, she's left the pictures on her desk to print into her newspaper.

>Flying over the tengu village on Youkai Mountain, you see Aya talking to Momiji. She doesn't notice you, and her house is very close.

Health: 100/100
Thirst: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100
Sanity: 100/100
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:07:07 PM by Orin Kaenbyou »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 02:58:35 PM »
> Wonder if maybe asking Marisa for help in blowing stuff up before coming here would have been the more prudent course of action.

> Weigh up the odds that you could persuade Aya to not publish the photos instead of destroying them, which would result in an angry Tengu [And a happy one, in Hatate]

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »
>What do we normally do when Aya tries something like this?
>Why do we care if Aya and Hatate fight each other by the way?

On one hand, Momiji dislikes Aya. On the other, she'd likely warn Aya anyway and is liable to see us. We'd have to confront Aya anyway over her fight with Hatate....

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 06:13:09 PM »
> Wonder if maybe asking Marisa for help in blowing stuff up before coming here would have been the more prudent course of action.
>She's also more skilled in stealing than you are. Well, not so much "more skilled" as "has it as a recurring hobby".
> Weigh up the odds that you could persuade Aya to not publish the photos instead of destroying them, which would result in an angry Tengu [And a happy one, in Hatate]
>It would take more charisma than Remilia has to persuade Aya not to publish such a 'juicy' story. Maybe you couldn't destroy them and just give them to Keine? From what Akyuu says, there are several different photos.

>What do we normally do when Aya tries something like this?
Normally, you fight her and confiscate the photographs to destroy them if you beat her.
>Why do we care if Aya and Hatate fight each other by the way?
>They're extremely reckless. Already they've racked up quite a lot of damage costs. And they started fighting two days ago. Next thing you know, they could fight near the Hakurei Shrine and destroy some of it!!
Also, they're actually after a fight to the death, from what you've heard when Hatate's passed by in conversation with another tengu.
On one hand, Momiji dislikes Aya. On the other, she'd likely warn Aya anyway and is liable to see us. We'd have to confront Aya anyway over her fight with Hatate....
>Maybe resorting to stealing them would work if she disagrees to dispose of them herself.

>Momiji has spotted you. She points you out to Aya, who waves manically. It looks like they are both in a good mood, this could be easy.

Health: 100/100
Thirst: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100
Sanity: 100/100