Author Topic: Shockman2's New Stuff (Updated 9/3/11 Fixed 10D Extra Download)  (Read 15697 times)

Shockman2

• I have returned...
Re: Shockman2's New Stuff (New Script! 7/24/11)
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 06:04:01 AM »
Heh.
Well, that was only my first impression for everything, so blame me for everything, like they all do at me in real life, why don't you?

But really...

Also, the background sorta doesn't shake for me... does it?
It seems to be a lot darker than usual though.

Well if I played that spellcard for the first time I would have thought the same thing too.

Actually, I made it darker so it's easier to see.

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 06:28:31 AM »
This is awesome !

But the background is horribly shaking during the whole stage and the non spells which makes it seriously bad. Please fix it.

I liked the nonspells. I preferred your old second spell for Yoshika, dunno why you just dumped it.

Some spells are a little bit too difficult imo (like the trapping lasers one, the random purple bullets making it random) and some are surprisingly easy, like the red explosing bubbles one.

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 06:38:59 AM »
ok, i think I have fixed the shaking and will update the link in a few minutes...

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 06:50:13 AM »
Okay, It's updated now. I don't see any shaking so I hope nobody else does either. I also made it so bombs work on Yoshika now.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
The boss still has immunity to my bombs (still using the ぼろるぅえ player) on nonspells...?

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 05:26:46 PM »
Okay, It's updated now. I don't see any shaking so I hope nobody else does either. I also made it so bombs work on Yoshika now.

It's much better now, thanks a lot !

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 08:03:38 PM »
The boss still has immunity to my bombs (still using the ぼろるぅえ player) on nonspells...?

HHHNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Ok, I updated it again.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Shockman2's New Stuff (New Script! 7/24/11 Extra Stage)
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 11:51:26 PM »
Yukkuritip... if you see people post player scripts when reviewing your boss fights/stages, please downloaded them and play the stage/boss fight through with that player script to see how it is...?

EDIT: Well, this is a bit better. 82%.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:20:37 AM by Mewkkyuuri »

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 04:24:27 AM »
I uploaded a video of it, the stage is not in there because i did badly at it. About that :
- the circle fairies feel like they should be aiming at you.
- spawning enemies at random places is really really bad. :V

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 09:44:15 AM »
Review, because I have free time, and for another reason.

Player -  DSanae A
Stage - Pretty good. Although the parts with the waving enemies going down spouting bullets behind them could work better as a spell card than a stage pattern, but that's probably just me.

Midboss
-Nonspell 1 - Nice, it remained faithful to Miyako's original danmaku.
-Spell 1 - This was a bit too easy for an extra stage spell, even/especially for a midboss. I could easily move through the kunai and the lasers. There was no real need to move up or down.
-Spell 2 - Again, a bit too easy. Reminded me of ExKeine's 2nd Spell. But otherwise it was fun to dodge!

Boss
-Nonspell 1 - OK
-Spell 1 - The lasers can make you panic if they spawn on top of you :V. A bit more variation would've been nice, even it were just the color. But good spell nonetheless.
-Nonspell 2 - A little difficulty jump here but otherwise OK
-Spell 2 - Not too good with bullets near me that shoot bullets but it was alright
-Nonspell 3 - A bit easy
-Spell 3 - Wayyy confusing at first due to the bullets seemingly changing direction randomly. But it was easy enough to learn the pattern. Then again, really confusing.
-Nonspell 4 - OK
-Spell 4 - The red bullets were kinda useless as your movement can be timed to make them go in the direction of the previous "trap", which you already dodged
-Nonspell 5 - OK
-Spell 5 - Reminded me of Perfect Freeze. You could also make the bullets ease out of their time-stop-ness but it's alright
-Nonspell 6 - OK
-Spell 6 - The laser can be easily disregarded if you just stay where it spawned :V
-Nonspell 7 - Agh confusing bullet hitboxes hng
-Spell 7 - OK
-Nonspell 8 - see nonspell 7
-Spell 8 - Pretty curving bullets are pretty, but easy. Also i do not see the relation between the name and the pattern
-Spell 9 - Easy, and lasers are also too easy to dodge.
-Final Spell
   1st Phase - OK, but the bullets are a bit too random
   2nd Phase - Easier than the first, really. Also again, avoid using random bullets
   3rd Phase - GIANT DIFFICULTY JUMP HOLY-- oh nevermind. Last few seconds are like Gengetu Rape Time tho  :o

TL;DR make some spells harder. Oh and the BGM doesn't loop correctly, but that's a bit out of your control, so it's okay.

Also, please, at least tell us where you got the boss picture. It can be insulting to the artist, whom I just happened to have a nice little chat with.

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 04:56:29 PM »
whered you get that character portrait? its mine and shes my character and her name is not hiro whatsherlastname great job not even getting permission or giving credit genius

please remove my artwork from your script you are not allowed to use it gapkmndoom is the only one who is allowed to use my artwork for scripts

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 05:02:27 PM »
gapkmndoom is the only one who is allowed to use my artwork for scripts

What, is it possible to ask for permission to use your artwork?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:26:12 PM by Mewkkyuuri »

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »
whered you get that character portrait? its mine and shes my character and her name is not hiro whatsherlastname great job not even getting permission or giving credit genius

please remove my artwork from your script you are not allowed to use it gapkmndoom is the only one who is allowed to use my artwork for scripts

http://sandvich.tumblr.com/post/884663801

im stalking zuns twitter for his recent drawings and i saw this girl on his twitpic

oh so this isn't ZUN's?

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 06:27:18 PM »

oh so this isn't ZUN's?

STOP SHOCKMAN2

This may very well be a troll, actually - who can prove that the guy who just posted earlier actually drew it?
GAPKMNdoom, can you prove it please? (I hate it when people just burst in and say LOL STEALING)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:34:50 PM by Mewkkyuuri »

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »
STOP SHOCKMAN2

This may very well be a troll, actually - who can prove that the guy who just posted earlier actually drew it?
GAPKMNdoom, can you prove it please? (I hate it when people just burst in and say LOL STEALING)

That's what I thought.  :wat:

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »

And posting bullshit on people's videos with your twenty troll friends is genius too, isn't it ?

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2011, 11:31:16 PM »
Yeah, this is the artist. and the tumblr account Shockman2 posted is hers. And yes, that artwork is hers, compare to her deviantart: http://mukkuru.deviantart.com/gallery/ (She just made this look a bit more ZUN-like)

oh so this isn't ZUN's?
It's not, she drew this way before Ten Desires was even known. Tumblr's not the only place she posted this pic.
I think she either made that statement as a joke (ZUN using her art :V) or just attached her old pic of the character because it coincidentially had the same theme with Ten Desires (spirit/ghost theme)

She meant that I was the only one who could use it because she specifically told me I could use it (and for some reason, up to now I haven't.)
She's mad because a.) You didn't credit her, or her tumblr, or b.) She didn't give you permission, nor did she specifically say you could use it freely.

@gallowsCalibrator oh wow, you actually did sign up and post. Didn't think you'd bring it *that* far though. :O
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:16:17 AM by GAPKMNdoom »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2011, 11:53:44 PM »
OK, thanks GAPKMNdoom. Now all of us know, heh.
@gallowsCalibrator I mean seriously, why don't you just let your work be used (while giving credit of course)

Right, so what did we all actually learn from this?

EDIT: (SHOCKMAN2 WHY DON'T YOU COME TALK WITH ME ON #DANMAKUFU)

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »
My only problem on this is that if she wanted to have people give credit to her before using it, she should not have said/joked that it was from ZUN, since ZUN's work can be used freely here and should have given herself credit in the first place.

EDIT: I'll just replace her with a walfas character of something since im updating it anyways.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:43:37 AM by Shockman2 »

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 12:52:14 AM »
I think it would be ok if you just credit her in your post, or attach a readme file listing the stuff in the stage. But I'm not too sure yet, so you can either wait for her response, or PM her.

I guess it's time to let this little feud end, and start seeing some danmaku \o/

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 07:37:36 AM »
i AM sandvich on tumblr
the caption i typed on that post was a joke

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 07:41:54 AM »
oh ok thats understandable given the caption i put on that picture

im very curious as to where you got it though?

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2011, 07:00:21 PM »
oh ok thats understandable given the caption i put on that picture

im very curious as to where you got it though?

I found it on your tumblr, in fact, that was the only place I could find it.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
This script is awesome, it must be one of my favorite scripts i've played. The difficulty is really good, but the last two spellcards of the extra boss could be harder/faster/have more things happening at once.

Btw, who did the extra boss theme? ZUN, you or the same person who made the boss art?

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2011, 03:53:58 PM »
Btw, who did the extra boss theme? ZUN, you or the same person who made the boss art?

The music is a ZUNified version of the Family Mart jingle, someone on Nicovideo made it.

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2011, 06:42:06 PM »
The music is a ZUNified version of the Family Mart jingle, someone on Nicovideo made it.

what mewkkyuuri said, the only thing I made in the script was the boss's spell backgrounds.

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »
New script!

I'm going to make last words like Lucas, but with UFO characters this time. Before I make them all, I wanted to know if my Nazrin last word is a good start.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Shockman2's New Stuff (New Script! 7/31/11 Nazrin Last Word)
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
Uploaded replay. This one seems a ^tini bit easy for the Last Word.

Drake

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »
I like the design very much, but it does seem a bit more like an in-game card than a Last Word. Not very intimidating I guess, even if it's still difficult. If you slow the pendulums down just a tad, I'd give it a Hard difficulty. From there, if you add a second purple wave in the other direction, Lunatic for sure.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Shockman2

• I have returned...
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2011, 09:27:25 PM »
I like the design very much, but it does seem a bit more like an in-game card than a Last Word. Not very intimidating I guess, even if it's still difficult. If you slow the pendulums down just a tad, I'd give it a Hard difficulty. From there, if you add a second purple wave in the other direction, Lunatic for sure.

Updated it, something like that?