Author Topic: Player Scripts for Danmakufu (Old wiki dump, 01/26/2014)  (Read 108354 times)

Player Scripts for Danmakufu (Old wiki dump, 01/26/2014)
« on: February 28, 2010, 11:37:12 PM »
For those of us without our own thread, here is a place to dump your player scripts, as well as receive critique.

If you're interested in making your own player scripts but don't know how, you can refer to Stuffman's Player Script Tutorial for information on how to do so. No, there isn't a video tutorial, suck it up. There will be no hand holding in the fine art of player scripting.

There is a page on the danmakufu wiki that keeps track of player characters made by us, feel free to add your player character to the list here.

Danmakufu ph3 β1:

Kanako by Ginko.
Kisume by Ginko.
Marisa by gtbot.
Marisa A by Nimono.
Random Player Generator by Naut.
Suwako by Ginko.

Danmakufu 0.12m:

Alice by XutaWoo.
Battler by UnfortunateRamen.
Byakuren by Onthenet.
Chie by Wonderful☆Life.
Cirno by Azure. (Wiki Dump)
Dark Sanae by Naut.
Flandre by Kylesky.
Jin Takata by Sercan.
Josette by Stuffman. (Wiki Dump)
Marisa by Mr. Blue.
Merlin Prismriver by Azure. (Wiki Dump)
Mima (Mystic Square) by Johnny Walker. (Wiki Dump)
Mystia Lorelei by Mr. Blue.
Name by Foremoster.
Nazrin by Blue (Nazrin A complete, B incomplete, last update 03/26/2010).
Nhimor by Azure.
Nue Houjuu by Kayorei.
Parsee by Dr. Katz.
Patchouli by Karanum.
Poe by Foremoster.
Reimu A by Mr. Blue
Reimu C (MoF) by LawenceCodye. (Wiki Dump)
Remilia by Naut.
Rumia by Sercan.
Sakuya A (PCB) by Stuffman. (Wiki Dump)
Shikieiki by Zengar.
Yuugure by Mewkyuu.
Yuuka by XutaWoo.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:27:00 AM by Naut »

Double posting so the OP serves as an introduction :V

Remilia player character (766.88KB). Mirror

Remilia A

Drop and lock familiars. Hold down the slowmove key to focus your bomb's area of effect. Stats:
Code: [Select]
Speed: 4.5/2.5
Total DPS: ~259
Familiar DPS: ~118
Remilia DPS: ~140
Bomb: ~2400/~3300 (while shooting)

Remilia B

Infinite pentration (lasers). Hold down slowmove key during bomb to initialize laser auto-aiming. Stats:
Speed: 4.5/2
Total DPS: ~263
Bomb: ~2300/~3200 (while shooting)

Critique welcome. Edit: added mirror, and changed stats to more accurately reflect the actual stats of the player
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:12:38 AM by X-Naut »

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
This would also be a nice place to make an informative list of all existing player characters out there~   :V

oh god those lasers are oh so seck seeeee

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Naut this Remilia is probably the best player script I've ever seen. It's perfect in terms of visuals, balance, and intuitiveness. Having the difference between unfocused and focused bombs being changeable while the bomb is still on is brilliant.

Actually, it just needs an original sprite :V

Actually, it just needs an original sprite :V

I am bad at spriting. Really bad. If somebody can make a HQ Remi sprite that I can use I'll re-upload with it though.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
I am bad at spriting. Really bad. If somebody can make a HQ Remi sprite that I can use I'll re-upload with it though.

I MADE ONE AND NOW THERE ARE 4 REMILIA'S IN THE WORLD WHAT HAVE WE DONE.

Mikirin

Hmm... Is it possible for anyone to make a Flan?

(Are requests allowed....? =X)

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
Hmm... Is it possible for anyone to make a Flan?

(Are requests allowed....? =X)

In the Danmakufu Request thread. :<

anyway it is decreed that no other character than Remilia can be made anymore.

Mikirin

Oh... May I ask why? =S

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
Holy shit Naut! What an awesome player script. I can't press the bomb button without having an orgasm :V

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
god dammit those lasers are horrily distracting :/
I seriously died on the easiest attack i had.

bedides that, these players are pretty awesome. good job!

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
Yeah the lasers stand out way too much and distract from enemy danmaku. Other than that I love the nice extra touches you added like the extra effects that are created when the normal shots hit the enemy. Also, holy shit bomb. I can see why you got distracted with them so much.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
on top of that, i died twice during remilia a's bomb by flying into the boss.
god damn give it some immunity

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
O hai, I forgot about this. Updated version 0.5

speed: 4.5/2.5
total DPS: 228 (108 straight/120 homing)
unfocus bomb: 4s, ~500/~1400
focus bomb: 5s, ~1000/~3000

Just needa figure out sound effects, then it's on to B-type. (Pagoda/lasers, of course)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:58:33 AM by Blue Spoiler »

Hat

• Just an unassuming chapeau.
  • I will never be ready.
... what.... the hell, these player scripts are gorgeous, Naut.

Though imo I think alpha blending and slight transparency for the lazors would help make me not crash into things. Good job, anyway. You never cease to amaze, Remi A's bawmb is like furious seizure-inducing sex, <insert generic sycophancy here> etc.

... clearly, my verbosity and 1pt font do not agree.

TwiliAezure

The best Remilia I've seen. This is simply outstanding work!
BTW, could I use some of the scripting? I'm having trouble trying to make my own characters... :ohdear:

Drake

The best Remilia I've seen. This is simply outstanding work!
BTW, could I use some of the scripting? I'm having trouble trying to make my own characters... :ohdear:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=210.0

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

I started working on a Character...
It?s preaty basic... just five "needles" pointing at the boss.
I don?t think It?s worth uploading already... I will upload it when it,s done to 50% (at least one bomb and finally adding the hitbox).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:06:52 PM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
Nazrin A now 100% complete. Sound effects, graphics, and everything.

Probably won't start work on NazB 'til after the current contest's over, and as I have a much looser idea of how I want it to turn out (not to mention I've yet to figure out lasers), it may be a good long while 'til the next update.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
Since I haven't actually released anything lately, here's one of the players for my upcoming game. Nhimor (picture), a sentient cute amoeba - bet you didn't see that coming. He gets four "options" that he can place anywhere on the field, and they follow in formation while focused. He's tough to use, so I recommend practicing against a dummy script before you try actually fighting anything.

Download here.

(Edit: If you prefer a normal Touhou hitbox to the new style, just open up the file nhimor.txt and follow the directions near the top.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:42:02 AM by Azure Lazuline »

Not really that hard to use. If all else fails, hit shot 4 times and then focus for the standard fare, although having the ability to put options anywhere you want is very nice. The only little thing is that focusing pulls the options closer to you, which isn't really helpful if you have a setup where the options are on one side of the screen and you're on the other. Also the bomb seems fairly weak but I guess that's because I'm a silly bombspammer :V

Also man that bomb is so prettyyyy :* :* :*

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
The reason focusing pulls them towards you if they're too far away is to balance things out a little (it was somewhat abusable before I put that in), and also so the options don't go way off-screen. If you want the options to be on one side of the screen and you to be on the other, you're going to have to do it unfocused. Also, the bombs are weak because he gets four of them, and because his basic shot is pretty powerful and versatile.

Also, the bombs are weak because he gets four of them
Somehow I totally missed that :ohdear:

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Oh jesus this player is cool. The unfocused bomb is especially trippy (and so easy to lose your player too in the ensuing chaos!)
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
Greetings! It's about time I posted my own stuff here, right? I've been wanting to do this earlier, but I wasn't satisfied with the stuff I had.
They're meant for my game but they also work standalone.
DL here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4176466/Rumia2.zip

Rumia A has an unfocused spread shot and focused homing shot. She can throw TNT at the opponent, or place timed explosives on the field.

Speed: 4/1.5
UF DPS: ~90 (reliant on distance)
F DPS: ~180 (if under boss)
Bomb: ~2000
Special Ability: 200
Faceplant TNT: 3000
Option-only DPS: ~80

Rumia B has lasers that damage stuff close  behind her as well as in front of her. She can warp from one side of the screen to another like ReimuA in SA and she can collect all items on the screen like ReimuB in SA.

Speed: 4.5/1.5
DPS: ~258
Bomb: ~3300 (on top of boss)
Option-only DPS: ~80

Rumia C can change the direction of her shots, and create magic circles around her.

Speed: 4/2
DPS: ~184
Bomb: ~2800
Special Ability: ~1000 (only on the edge of the ring)
Option-only DPS: ~15
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:40:12 PM by Sercan »

I get almost 400 dps with Rumia B

Also Rumia D's bomb kills the damage tester :V

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
rumia d is a fake character for testing. i removed it from the new release. and good job getting 400 DPS with rumia B. I'm proud of you :*

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
imma upload Chie soon. I'lll update this post when it happens. :V

(I'm not dead)