Author Topic: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 61490 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: July 11, 2011, 03:57:22 AM »
> Point at Tewi.
> "Hey! Stop!"

>Tewi seems to have no interest in listening.

>"Someone stop her!"

>"Stop!" Rikako shouts, and she sends a couple lines of danmaku in Tewi's direction.
>"Get back here!" Mystia screeches as she dives toward the fleeing rabbit.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #961 on: July 11, 2011, 03:59:43 AM »
> "Sorry, Rika!"
> Make a flying beeline for Tewi while unsheathing out trident.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: July 11, 2011, 04:06:11 AM »
> "Sorry, Rika!"
> Make a flying beeline for Tewi while unsheathing out trident.

>"What the hell's going on?!" comes Rika's voice from behind and below.
>You swoop down on Tewi, loosening your trident. Normally, you would always bet on yourself in this kind of situation, but that rabbit is speedy! Still, you close in, and you're going to have exactly one chance to act before she reaches the trees.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #963 on: July 11, 2011, 04:08:00 AM »
> How far away are we from her?
> Is our purse open?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #964 on: July 11, 2011, 04:09:00 AM »
>Where is Mystia's position and the danmaku Rikako was firing in relation to Tewi's own route?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #965 on: July 11, 2011, 04:09:39 AM »
> What is Tewi's running angle compared to our flight path?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #966 on: July 11, 2011, 04:19:59 AM »
> How far away are we from her?
> Is our purse open?

>You have two yards between the two of you, just about.
>No.

>Where is Mystia's position and the danmaku Rikako was firing in relation to Tewi's own route?

>Mystia, you think, is above, behind, and to the left of you. She isn't quite as speedy as you are.
>Rikako seems to be trying to lead Tewi into her fire, but hasn't seemed to be able to pull it off in these few seconds. You believe she's aiming somewhere ahead of you.

> What is Tewi's running angle compared to our flight path?

You're coming at her from the a diagonal behind her.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #967 on: July 11, 2011, 04:31:52 AM »
> How much practice do we have using our trident like a throwing javelin?

« Reply #968 on: July 11, 2011, 04:32:05 AM »
>Are we capable of firing a dense spread of danmaku in front of where Tewi is running, between her and the trees, and have them move fast enough to block her path before she reaches them?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #969 on: July 11, 2011, 04:38:04 AM »
> Are there any trees close to Tewi that form an imaginary straight line with us which Tewi has yet to run across but will very soon should she stay on her current path?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:42:59 AM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: July 11, 2011, 04:49:05 AM »
> How much practice do we have using our trident like a throwing javelin?

>You can spearfish pretty well.

>Are we capable of firing a dense spread of danmaku in front of where Tewi is running, between her and the trees, and have them move fast enough to block her path before she reaches them?

>You think so. At worst, you'd hit her by accident while trying to put it in front of her. Or possibly Mystia if you're sloppy.

> Are there any trees close to Tewi that form an imaginary straight line with us which Tewi has yet to run across but will very soon should she stay on her current path?

>Yes.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #971 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:24 AM »
For everyone that missed it: more quest fanart, courtesy of Stuffman!

« Reply #972 on: July 11, 2011, 05:06:11 AM »
>Fire a wall/style burst of danmaku ahead of Tewi's path. Give it a little width, but effectively try to cut her route to the trees off and force her aside. If opportunity presents, try to angle this to drive her towards Rikako's shots. But don't worry too much about this latter point, if it interferes with the first objective.
>Try to do this without losing much of our own momentum, and keep closing on her from overhead.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: July 11, 2011, 05:34:48 AM »
>Fire a wall/style burst of danmaku ahead of Tewi's path. Give it a little width, but effectively try to cut her route to the trees off and force her aside. If opportunity presents, try to angle this to drive her towards Rikako's shots. But don't worry too much about this latter point, if it interferes with the first objective.
>Try to do this without losing much of our own momentum, and keep closing on her from overhead.

>You fire out a wall of danmaku in the rabbit's way, a fanning pattern of talisman-like shots.
>She lowers her head and dives through the shots. You see a few hit her, but she manages to twist away from the worst of it and make it through to the other side in surprisingly good condition for what she just did.
>Landing on the other wise, Tewi rolls and comes up on her feet without loosing too much speed, nearly at the trees now.

>_

« Reply #974 on: July 11, 2011, 05:38:00 AM »
>Did we close the gap between us at all?
>Do we have time for a repeat performance of what we just did before she reaches the trees?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: July 11, 2011, 05:57:18 AM »
>Did we close the gap between us at all?
>Do we have time for a repeat performance of what we just did before she reaches the trees?

>A little bit, not quite two feet.
>You doubt it; not without the trees interfering.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #976 on: July 11, 2011, 06:00:22 AM »
> How far above her are we?
> How close could we get to her in a dive before she reaches the woods?

I vote throwing the trident right in front of Tewi so she runs into it and falls

« Reply #977 on: July 11, 2011, 06:04:46 AM »
>Do we think we even have the time/room to throw our trident in front of her path before she reaches the trees?

Although, to be honest, I suspect that if she could tumble through the wall of danmaku that well, she'll simply scoot AROUND the trident. It isn't exactly very wide, after all.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #978 on: July 11, 2011, 06:07:09 AM »
> How far above her are we?
> How close could we get to her in a dive before she reaches the woods?

>A couple feet.
>By the time you figure this out, she'll already be there.

>Do we think we even have the time/room to throw our trident in front of her path before she reaches the trees?

>You think so, as long as you throw it far enough ahead.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #979 on: July 11, 2011, 06:07:11 AM »
She could scoot, so we could also use it to lead her into something, like a shot or into a tree.  If we can get it close enough she may not be able to react in time as well.

« Reply #980 on: July 11, 2011, 06:32:27 AM »
>Do we have the co-ordination to throw the trident and launch danmaku at the same time? Perhaps if we used the trident as a focus for said danmaku?
>If so, would we be able to angle the danmaku somewhat wide of the trident's own target? Or at least, spread more?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: July 11, 2011, 06:48:28 AM »
>Do we have the co-ordination to throw the trident and launch danmaku at the same time? Perhaps if we used the trident as a focus for said danmaku?
>If so, would we be able to angle the danmaku somewhat wide of the trident's own target? Or at least, spread more?

>Kind of, but doing so on short notice tends to make them both suffer in quality. Aiming both in the same place helps.
>Yes, you can aim in two places, But splitting your focus like that tends to make it sloppy.

>_

« Reply #982 on: July 11, 2011, 07:10:38 AM »
>Is Mystia close enough behind us for her danmaku to catch up to Tewi before Tewi reaches the treeline?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: July 11, 2011, 07:20:04 AM »
>Is Mystia close enough behind us for her danmaku to catch up to Tewi before Tewi reaches the treeline?

>You don't know. Checking would take time.

>_

« Reply #984 on: July 11, 2011, 07:52:30 AM »
Well, none of the options as I see them at the moment are particularly compelling to me, and I'm falling asleep over here and thus not feeling sharp enough to make judgment calls. I'll outline what options I see, and maybe someone can weigh in with something else (or just forge ahead after I'm gone, either way). I'd love to see someone mention something more creative than any of these, but it's not coming to me at the moment, at least.

A) Throw the trident in front of Tewi: I mentioned my reservations about this earlier. Simply put, I don't hold out much hope of this actually causing her to stumble, nor do we really seem to have time or positioning to use it to force her into someone/something else

B) Just shoot Tewi: We tried shooting in front of her, and she managed to roll through a wall with minimal damage. Theoretically, it should probably be harder to dodge fire from behind, but I wouldn't put it past her. Even if we hit her, she might be able to take a few shots without it slowing her enough to keep her from getting away.

C) Throw the trident in front of Tewi while also firing danmaku to either attempt to drive her off of trivially avoiding it, or to simply reduce her co-ordination in avoiding it. While this would be nice in theory, I suspect that the sloppiness that doing these two things at once will cause (as inquired about below) stands a high chance of making the overall attempt ineffective.

All things being equal, I think I'm most inclined towards B. I feel it's more likely to slow her down at least a little than A is (and allows us to keep the trident in hand for following actions). I don't really think it's ENOUGH, but nothing I can come up with feels like it has a high chance of keeping her from making it into the woods (which is why I haven't just picked one and gone with it, yet).

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #985 on: July 11, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »
> Are there still trees close to Tewi that form an imaginary straight line with us which Tewi has yet to run across but will very soon should she stay on her current path?
> Do we think we could throw our trident with enough force that it would stick in a tree instead of just bouncing off of it?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:24:13 AM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: July 11, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »
> Are there still trees close to Tewi that form an imaginary straight line with us which Tewi has yet to run across but will very soon should she stay on her current path?
> Do we think we could throw our trident with enough force that it would stick in a tree instead of just bouncing off of it?

>You think so.
>That really depends on the kind of tree and its bark. The answer is sometimes; you think you might be able to pull it off with these trees, but taking the time to check would cost you valuable seconds.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #987 on: July 11, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »
Sorry, Draco, but it doesn't seem like shooting is doing much.

> Aim for a tree that would form such a straight line with us, a line that appears in front of Tewi's running path.
> Spear our trident at the tree so that it would hit the tree and stick out at about stomach level.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: July 11, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »
> Aim for a tree that would form such a straight line with us, a line that appears in front of Tewi's running path.
> Spear our trident at the tree so that it would hit the tree and stick out at about stomach level.

>You toss the trident, and you are pleased to see it hit the tree with a meaty thunk and stick.
>"Gyah!" Tewi cries as she notices the obstacle, and smacks into it. Unfortunately, it doesn't really stop her dead. Instead she knocks it from the tree and stumbles; it's rather a miracle she doesn't trip over it or catch it on something and hurt herself in the process. Still, while Tewi stumbles, you are able to catch up to her.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #989 on: July 11, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »
> Full body tackle Tewi around her midsection.