Author Topic: [Art]Imosa's - /r/parahumans theme  (Read 58155 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: [Art]Imosa's - Pixel Art
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
The time is always a problem, I wish that one day could have 40 hours :P
I'd say that 20 or 21 hours is as close as you're going to get, which is still at least 4 extra hours of waking time, assuming a regular 8 hour sleeping schedule. If you sleep longer, say 9 hours, that's 5 or even 6 extra hours of time to do stuff. Which basically adds up to 30 or 42 extra hours over the course of the week that you otherwise may have spent sleeping on

Anyway nice job man, that water effect is so fun
Can't agree more
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 03:15:51 PM »
I'd say that 20 or 21 hours is as close as you're going to get, which is still at least 4 extra hours of waking time, assuming a regular 8 hour sleeping schedule. If you sleep longer, say 9 hours, that's 5 or even 6 extra hours of time to do stuff. Which basically adds up to 30 or 42 extra hours over the course of the week that you otherwise may have spent sleeping on
Oh god I really want to try an Uberman schedule. If only I had a month the to risk fucking myself up.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »
Oh god I really want to try an Uberman schedule. If only I had a month the to risk fucking myself up.
Uberman is said to be really demanding on your schedule. Which means no slip ups with naps. Everyman is a lot more forgiving and flexible. Napping anywhere within an hour is still apparently ok, while you can't even adjust Uberman by a couple of minutes.
I can't really give you an accurate evaluation since I'm only just trying it (5th day), except my dad was sick and now I am a bit too. I can say though that so far, I only felt deprived of sleep since about the 3rd day, and only for the first half hour or so after the core nap (everyman)(Although that dull sensation behind your eyes linger longer). The 20min naps are surprisingly refreshing. If you really want more hours, I'd say try it if you feel risky and adventurous.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 01:06:36 AM »
I heard somewhere that some guys from NASA said that to nap is a good thing, I sleep 7 hours per day and take a nap of 30 mins after the lunch.

... former Director of the Fatigue and Countermeasures Group at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), conducted an experiment in which he instructed NASA pilots to take short naps when possible during long haul flight operations. Dr. Rosekind found that compared to long haul pilots who did not nap, the napping pilots had a 34% boost in performance and a 54% boost in alertness that lasted for 2-3 hrs.
Sauce: http://www.healthcentral.com/sleep-disorders/napping-192940-5.html

When I have time I'll read this site EdibleGhost and see if I can shrink my precious sleep time, anyway...

SleepForAll.com - Your sleep and Insomnia Guide
So does this site teach me how to have a good Insomnia too? :P

My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Imosa

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 05:34:08 AM »
So I really have to share this with someone. I thought of it and it took me like 15 minutes in GIMP.

I'm scared of how much I'm thinking about this now. Has Touhou and Evangelion been compared anywhere else?

Incidentally, I'm happy to announce that I havn't given up pixel art entirely (yet), but I'm trying something totally different and a future update my not be so adorabubble.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:36:51 AM by Imosa »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »
So I really have to share this with someone. I thought of it and it took me like 15 minutes in GIMP.

I'm scared of how much I'm thinking about this now. Has Touhou and Evangelion been compared anywhere else?

Incidentally, I'm happy to announce that I havn't given up pixel art entirely (yet), but I'm trying something totally different and a future update my not be so adorabubble.

Well there is a video using characters from Touhou on the Evangelion's opening, the only strange part is when the music says something like "Boy, become a legend" when the video show only girls :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqh-LGqSkJg

And after see this gimp pic, are you plannng to make pixel art of Touhou yukkuris mixed with Evangelion?  :V
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
Well there is a video using characters from Touhou on the Evangelion's opening, the only strange part is when the music says something like "Boy, become a legend" when the video show only girls :P

And after see this gimp pic, are you plannng to make pixel art of Touhou yukkuris mixed with Evangelion?  :V

Oh my god, UDONGELION :getdown:

Shmarah

• s͡hə-mār-uh, shuhm-AYR-ah, SHMAYR-ah
    • Ask Amelia Bedelia a question!
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »

This is so beautiful I'm dying
I need to stop combining adjectives with "sauce" and "pants" and thinking this makes a unique word.
It makes me look stupidsauce.

Imosa

Re: [Art]Imosa's - Exciting New Project: Draw once in a while
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 03:31:46 AM »
So, the anime club at my university has finally started up and I had a fun idea. I don't go so much for the anime as I do for the people, (of which there still seems to be only one Touhou Fan) but I end up drawing a lot so I thought why not capitalize on that. I've decided to start drawing at this club for the semester, and see if I improve at all. Twice a week is not a very strict regiment but maybe it will work out.
So, 8/30
Also, they only have chalk boards... fantastic, I will conquer this medium.

I guess the That guy will be my starting point. I think I can do better but lets say that's how good I am now.

Maybe someone can comment on the Yuri picture. I was told redrawing stuff like that is a valid way of learning how to draw. On one hand I feel like crap because I don't want to misrepresent the quality of my work, on the other, it's not like it's easy either. I don't think I want to draw like that, referencing a picture and maybe taking part of it is fine, but not the whole thing.

Also what's up with pixel art? Well, I've been getting busy with other things but I am working on this (use the mouse and mouse wheel). I guess it's a game engine. I could potentially make the necessary sprites and build stuff but I don't really want to right now. I think I will when I can actually move a character around, just because that's the vision that's still in my head. However, I have no idea when that will be.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:07:02 AM by Imosa »

Merp

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 03:55:59 AM »

I'm gonna steal your 2hu NERV logo for my wallpaper if you done mind :v
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

Imosa

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 03:19:16 AM »
I'm gonna steal your 2hu NERV logo for my wallpaper if you done mind :v
lol, go ahead. If you do anything with it (i.e. edit it or use in some other way) I'd love to see).

Another day at Anime Club so more art: http://imgur.com/a/QxT6m#7
Some stuff turning out awesome others, not turning out not so awesome. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:12:59 AM by Imosa »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 03:54:10 AM »
4th-wall-breaching Baccano fanart of Those Two Dudes

Marry me plz.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 09:39:13 PM »
Love the gif of the Moriyas at the beach.

Imosa

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 04:52:56 AM »
Love the gif of the Moriyas at the beach.
Thanks. Later in the process I was trying to think of how I could add more of the small details you mentioned liking so much. I was going to add some shore life (a crab or something) as well as animate the plant life in the back a bit. Unfortunately I didn't have the time.

So the anime club also has Monday meetings and seeing as I did not celebrate Cirno day at all and it was about time to draw a Touhou, I decided to draw... Cirno.
http://imgur.com/a/QxT6m#15
Stuff turned out pretty good considering I wasn't working directly from another picture. 9, the one directly linked too was particularly interesting because I have no idea what's wrong with the face. Maybe I made the eye lashes at the wrong angle, or maybe it's just that I can't make exact lines with chalk.
Cir-Yukka? also made me realize just how nondescript just the face and hair of a character can be (even though it took more insane eyes to convince one of my friends).  That's kinda annoying.

A friend told that my animated gifs were really amazing and he's urging me to make more, although I don't know if I will. However cool they may be, now that I've started figuring out the process they're starting to be boring. I wouldn't be surprised if the technical challenge was half the fun of making the gifs. Who knows, I guess. If I get more support for the gifs then from the hand drawn art, then maybe hand drawn art is just a relic and I can feel free to move on.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:58:55 AM by Imosa »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 05:03:25 AM »
+1 to your gifs. Your 2D drawings are okay but they lack the sheer whimsy of your animations, which are painfully cute. :3

Shmarah

• s͡hə-mār-uh, shuhm-AYR-ah, SHMAYR-ah
    • Ask Amelia Bedelia a question!
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 02:59:50 AM »
I also agree that your gifs are outstanding, but please don't stop drawing, if it's okay for me to say so!
I think you really have a lot of potential in like everything actually so don't stop drawing, as it's somewhere at the basis of everything.
If you'd like a suggestion of sorts that I feel weird giving you since you're so cool, I think your lines just need more confidence. Cirno, and even the (9), kind of look fuzzy in places; instead you could work on making longer, complete strokes so there is less of a feathery look to your lines? My teacher would make people draw without picking up the pencil to get them into the habit of making more exact lines, but then this is actually really annoying, and I've never drawn with chalk before, sooo...
[Also I love how Cirno was the ninth picture.  :3]
I need to stop combining adjectives with "sauce" and "pants" and thinking this makes a unique word.
It makes me look stupidsauce.

Imosa

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2012, 08:07:13 AM »
Cirno actually wasn't the 9th.

So this had a delay on it, but it's done now. I got cuteness and I've got clean lines. Honestly I don't think it was a good day but, they all count so here it is: http://imgur.com/a/QxT6m#19
yes, I attempted to turn my pixel art into... the other kind of art. Tenshi is ok, Reimu is not.
I hate that I couldn't finish Nice + Jacuzzi, but it wasn't worth it. I might try again next week *checks clock* tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:12:44 AM by Imosa »

Imosa

Re: [Art]Imosa's - Pin Button Interlude
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2012, 08:23:37 PM »
New stuff: Pin Buttons
I recently got access to a button making machine and I'm trying to make a good button design. Thing is I have no idea what to make. Right now I have a portrait of Tenshi and another of Suwako, and those look... kinda boring. So I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about subject or knew a gallery of buttons or something.

So it's been a week since I updated. Nothing particularly interesting happened over the week because I was busy working on a game. I should probably upload it but just opening Game Maker at this point would make me feel tired. I'll get around to that. In the meantime I was in charge of art and programming so I can show you some art that came out of that:
http://imgur.com/a/uBv8C#0
Yes the knight's arm is supposed to be disconnected. He was supposed to move... he was supposed to do a lot of things. Those were made in inkscape. I've found that vector art is digital art made easy. I mean I just picked it up and all of a sudden I was making sweet graphics that were flexible. Bezier curves are fucking magical. I'm thinking of doing a little more vector art so maybe I'll just do that instead of drawing tomorrow in anime club.

Despite how busy I may have been here is my work on the chalk board last week: http://imgur.com/a/QxT6m#24. My life may have been filled with homework but that's no reason to give up my weekly dedicated art time.

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
Re: [Art]Imosa's - Pin Button Interlude
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »
I recently got access to a button making machine

PARU PARU PARU PARU
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Imosa

Re: [Art]Imosa's - Vectors are awesome
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 04:15:15 AM »
Ok, Monday happened. Unfortunately I was spending most of my time helping a friend with her homework so I didn't get much done. However, I did decide to work in Inkscape and am very happy with the results. I vectorized the pixel art Tenshi and made two of Pasu's blobs.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:59 AM »
oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh

aaaaa they are so delightful ;w ;

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
Ok, Monday happened. Unfortunately I was spending most of my time helping a friend with her homework so I didn't get much done. However, I did decide to work in Inkscape and am very happy with the results. I vectorized the pixel art Tenshi and made two of Pasu's blobs.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :3 :3 :3 :3 :3
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:20:15 PM by Hinaface Hinaface Hinaface »

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2012, 10:26:23 PM »
That Tenshi! I want to snuggle her!

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2012, 11:16:02 PM »
So cuuuuuuute!

Also I could spend hours watching your sig.

Imosa

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2012, 07:22:45 AM »
When I realized it was Tenshi/Tenko day (for whatever that is worth) I decided I should do something special, so I made my most anime styled character in Inkscape yet.

Took about 9 hours. A lot of time was spent just testing how well stuff worked in Inkscape, specifically shading, which is inconsistent and minimal because I've never done it before. I'd really like to find some kind of tutorial on how a project like this should be structured because I figure there must be some functionality that makes shading and the like really easy.
Huge thanks to Asmodai on SNAFU who turned me on to Inkscape and now provided me with a form to work off of. That made my this project a lot easier.

Further thought and self critique: Hands are a little small. I put the shadow on the crease of the hat because I thought that's what I should do, but I don't think that should be there. Should have added more shadows on the shoulders.
Just noticed I forgot the colored squares on her apron thing, like half the reason I like this character... yup, now that I've failed so miserably I can safely go kill myself.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:30:24 AM by Imosa »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 08:42:58 PM »
Nice job with Inkscape, my only critique is that I think that her foot are a little small too.

And if you find a way to apply shadow/light effects using Inkscape without Photshop and cia lemme know :)
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Imosa

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
Nice job with Inkscape, my only critique is that I think that her foot are a little small too.

And if you find a way to apply shadow/light effects using Inkscape without Photshop and cia lemme know :)
Thanks, I guess I followed the picture I was working off of a little too strictly, and didn't bother thinking if it made sense to me.
I already know a way of applying shadow/light effect using Inkscape, I just don't like it. I am looking into it, though.

Imosa

Re: [Art]Imosa's - Button Help
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2012, 10:13:27 AM »
So I've been working on these two pictures to make into pin buttons and I'm trying to get some ideas of what to do with them, specifically colors to use in the boarders.

I like Renko so far but I can't figure out what to do with Maribel. I tried to change the color of the knots to give a little more color but I don't think it worked out. Something that I think would help is if I used a thinner boarder on the knot. Also I can't move Renko any further to the center.
Give me your suggestions.

The pictures inside are the cover of a doujin named "Thinker & Dreamer", which has this cool motif with the character's inner thoughts being denoted by a moon and star for Renko and a pair of ribbons for Mari. It struck me as a really neat idea.
Also if you have any other ideas for neat buttons I'll take them. It's a pretty cool thing to have access to.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:17:10 AM by Imosa »

Alfred F. Jones

Re: [Art]Imosa's - Button Help
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2012, 04:18:00 AM »
Also if you have any other ideas for neat buttons I'll take them. It's a pretty cool thing to have access to.
Hmm... The Komeijis sound perfect for this kind of thing. The cords of their respective Third Eyes would work fine for borders, wouldn't they? Hearts would be nice too.

Oh and Tenshi is adorable. :3