Author Topic: Rewrite Mafia (Game Over - Town and Third Party Win)  (Read 72969 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Rewrite Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2013, 04:20:51 AM »
Maybe it's because the game started with "Serela why did you block Shadoweh's vote and are scum"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2013, 04:21:56 AM »
I kind of agree with huh what, but I also thought Serela was scum as Kyuubey so. I'm surprised huh what noticed so quickly that something weird happened to be honest.

##Kick in the Face: Kyuubey >:< <-- it does nothing JUST LIKE MY VOTE

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2013, 04:24:30 AM »
Votecount

Serela(2): huh what, Schezo
BT(1): BigBangMeteor
BigBangMeteor(1): Silent Shaman
huh what(1): Serela
Schezo(1): BT
Not voting (5): NekoNekoRex, Validon98, Raikaria, Bardiche, Affinity
With 11 votes in play it takes 6 to lynch.
There are ~69.5 hours remaining in the day.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2013, 04:24:43 AM »
Hmm.

Serela, it's okay if I leave my vote in your care, for safe-keeping, right? Until further notice.

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2013, 04:30:28 AM »
As in  What is his own fault?

Me voting for him. It was just a joke.

Kay, is Serela scummy?

Not really imo, being self-conscious with that many votes makes sense.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2013, 04:33:48 AM »
Serela, it's okay if I leave my vote in your care, for safe-keeping, right? Until further notice.

This game has me extremely confused. If this is actually a serious question then, uh, okay?
...I'm not sure what this means. I'm just going to go along with it and see what happens. >_>;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2013, 04:42:02 AM »
test, uh, just to be, double sure, you know

##Vote HuhWhat
This is a test?

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2013, 04:57:23 AM »
This is a test?

To test whether Huhwhat could vote after Serela voted for him.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2013, 05:13:40 AM »
It's Day 1, let's get this over with guys.

##Vote: IHNN

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2013, 05:14:12 AM »
^ Note we should totally do this regardless of IHNN actually being in the game.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2013, 06:06:22 AM »
I don't think anything about the Serela/Shadoweh voteblock thing.  Why would scum block a vote so early in the game anyway if the power is within his control.

Don't get Schezo cause of this.

##Vote: Schezo

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2013, 06:10:44 AM »
Glad I slept through RVS.

As far as Shadoweh's disappearing vote is concerned, inclined to think it's part of her role. Voteblocking D1 RVS doesn't help scum as it gives Town something to discuss (ends RVS sooner), and it's way too soon to blast with rolepowers asap. Similarly Town has no motive. Neither does ITP since there are more tactical times to deploy such a dayrole. Hence: Likely Shadoweh's own role.

Shadoweh, what do you mean "I kind of agree with huh what", are you saying it's not part of your role?

Huh what, are we trying too hard here now by even SUGGESTING this is the act of some outside source considering how early in the game we are? Obviously scum trying too hard to get a mislynch going on Serela.

##Vote: Huh what

I've solved D1 guys.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2013, 06:19:53 AM »
Assuming it's not Serela (the "test" speaks for this) it's some stealth endeavor, which I think suggests scum?

Anyway "why would town block a vote so early in the game anyway if the power is within his control?", which is why I made the earlier statement. Though I think it's marginally scum-motivated still since it's still nullifying a vote that town can use.

Rai, do something with your vote. You're not a preschooler.

Cut: Geh? You think Shadoweh having that role meshes with her reaction? Like it could be fake but... eh. Or she didn't know about it, since there's the mention of bastard in the rules.

Bardiche

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2013, 06:24:18 AM »
Assuming it's not Serela (the "test" speaks for this) it's some stealth endeavor, which I think suggests scum?

Anyway "why would town block a vote so early in the game anyway if the power is within his control?", which is why I made the earlier statement. Though I think it's marginally scum-motivated still since it's still nullifying a vote that town can use.

Cut: Geh? You think Shadoweh having that role meshes with her reaction? Like it could be fake but... eh. Or she didn't know about it, since there's the mention of bastard in the rules.

No side benefits from voteblocking Shadoweh this early; A tactical voteblock is much more useful. Like, say, if someone wants to lynch the fuck out of you so you can block this attempt, or on your scum mate, or to get a guaranteed mislynch as people will obviously riot when someone's voteblocked from hammering.

Therefore it is unlikely this is an outside source. I'd like Shadoweh to clarify what she knows about this, however.

I don't buy into this "stealth endeavour" nonsense.

Bardiche

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »
Also, some irony in telling Raikaria to do something with his vote when you say you're blatantly voteparking here, unless you want to give a compelling case of why Serela is scum?

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:12 AM »
Vote isn't on Serela due to the voteblock itself right now re:Bard. Him feeling the need to clear himself of a "scummy" role asap in a game with bastard elements (meaning it could come from town) makes him look really nervous about how people are viewing him. I mean yeah all the focus has been on him so far but that doesn't mean he couldn't have handled it better.

BT has a lot of posts that look like they're doing stuff but aren't. Why are you still on Schezo?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2013, 06:32:01 AM »
Rai, do something with your vote. You're not a preschooler.

BT, I'm allowed at least one RVS vote before I actually do something useful. Timezones man :/ [Also what kind of RVS lasts only 4 or 5 hours?]

Anyway I won't actually sort out a proper vote at this instant because I have an exam in an hour. I'm literally dropping by quickly.

Curious about the voteblock but don't have time to read into atm. Will do so after exam.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2013, 06:36:06 AM »
Yeah, okay, I agree on that now.

Rai isn't voting anyone (cut- I meant do something as in vote someone! even as RVS). And that's not what I said there (I'm not even voting Serela - you interpreted that upside-down).

Cut: I'm still on Schezo because none of the somehow-serious votes at this stage have caught my eye and I'm not seeing anything myself yet, simple. I could put my vote ~*~somewhere else~*~ if I wasn't an indecisive hag, plus it isn't completely to waste if Affinity wants something out of Schezzy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2013, 06:38:07 AM »
Hmm, huhwhat, why do my posts look like they're doing stuff? I'd understand complaining about lack of arguments but I don't get this.

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:17 AM »
ok

##Unvote
I read Schezo's posts and agree he is probably mafia.

Also changing my mind on Serela already. Some of his posts don't make sense if the voteblock is scum-minded, which seems like a pretty safe bet given that it wasn't active at the start of the day.

Cut: Token questions + prods. Not really worried about it after your response.

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2013, 06:41:30 AM »
Serela's confused reaction to the voteblocking doesn't read fake to me, and because this type of role just seems more likely to be scum than town, I'm inclined to say he's town at the moment.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Affinity

Okay, let's assume that you're correct and Schezo's logic there is bad. Why is it scummy? Bad logic doesn't equal scum.

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2013, 06:51:39 AM »
BT, I'm allowed at least one RVS vote before I actually do something useful. Timezones man :/ [Also what kind of RVS lasts only 4 or 5 hours?]

Anyway I won't actually sort out a proper vote at this instant because I have an exam in an hour. I'm literally dropping by quickly.

Curious about the voteblock but don't have time to read into atm. Will do so after exam.

Why are you arguing for your right to be useless? btw even if you do get an RVS vote it should be a real one for someone who's in the game, at least it might prod them to complain or something.

Good luck with the exam, I look forward to you posting your thoughts.

Vote isn't on Serela due to the voteblock itself right now re:Bard. Him feeling the need to clear himself of a "scummy" role asap in a game with bastard elements (meaning it could come from town) makes him look really nervous about how people are viewing him. I mean yeah all the focus has been on him so far but that doesn't mean he couldn't have handled it better.

BT has a lot of posts that look like they're doing stuff but aren't. Why are you still on Schezo?

Wanting to prove that you didn't do something seems reasonable to me, even if it doesn't necessarily mean being scum.

I don't think anything about the Serela/Shadoweh voteblock thing.  Why would scum block a vote so early in the game anyway if the power is within his control.

Clarify what you don't get about Schezo, please?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2013, 07:00:15 AM »
*Attempts to do something more important*

*Gets 1,001 error messages*

OK, seems I will be using the hour before my exam to mafia after all.

Yeah.

Also, if whoever Kotarou is could character claim, that'd be useful for the other half of my role.

Find this interesting. Since when did role flavor necessarily always mean something is in the game? Especially since Dormio said in the sign-ups that there may be elements considered bastard. You might just be a Named Townie.

Even then, the reasons behind this relation intrigue me.

From there it's just RVS stuffs... then HW points out the Voteblock.

Shadoweh, you're voteblocked. Look at the amount of votes in play.

Pretty sure Serela blocks the vote of his vote target; unless a day voteblocker is just really trigger-happy.

That is a silly assumption to make this soon in the game. It's as silly as me assuming Shadoweh is this Kotarou and your role votelocks Kotarou. Or assuming Shadoweh is just voteless.

Anyway the unvote after and the HW vote after seem to render this train of thought null.

BT is being weird. And votes Schenzo to get a question response... then drops the question and doesn't unvote... then accuses me of messing around with my vote when he's clearly parked it [Well, I was, but if anyone was taking that vote seriously...]

Serela is always gonna sound self-conscious when he's being accused with silly conclusion jumping logic D1 when he can disprove it HW. A 'There your theory is wrong now unvote pls' attitude isn't that bad...

Hmm.

Really weird post. Is this BT just saying 'I'll Sheep Serela?'. Also still parking.

Votecount

Serela(2): huh what, Schezo
BT(1): BigBangMeteor
BigBangMeteor(1): Silent Shaman
huh what(1): Serela
Schezo(1): BT
Not voting (5): NekoNekoRex, Validon98, Raikaria, Bardiche, Affinity
With 11 votes in play it takes 6 to lynch.
There are ~69.5 hours remaining in the day.

Waaaait a second!

There's no Huh What. Maybe his conclusion jump wasn't so jumpy! Either someone is framing Serela with a movable voteblock or this is fishy.

ok

##Unvote
I read Schezo's posts and agree he is probably mafia.

Also changing my mind on Serela already. Some of his posts don't make sense if the voteblock is scum-minded, which seems like a pretty safe bet given that it wasn't active at the start of the day.

Cut: Token questions + prods. Not really worried about it after your response.

So, wait, you push on Serela for the voteblock, and then flip to Schezo for reasons which seem like fluff to me. Not that it matters, voteblocked and all.

Cut: I'm still on Schezo because none of the somehow-serious votes at this stage have caught my eye and I'm not seeing anything myself yet, simple. I could put my vote ~*~somewhere else~*~ if I wasn't an indecisive hag, plus it isn't completely to waste if Affinity wants something out of Schezzy.

How ironic.

Anyway, time to be useful:

## Vote: Huh What

I wish for more information about what it specifically was that made Serela suddenly town, when you were adamant Serela was scum a moment ago. And why Schenzo's posts look worse than the roleblocking.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2013, 07:02:14 AM »
Also not liking BT at this precise moment much.

@ IHNN vote: It was a jokevote because I just got up and wanted an RVS I would change in a couple of hours to something more serious. No-one needed prodding, so I chose to make a joke about the way IHNN always gets D1 lynched. What's so bad about making a meta joke these days D:

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2013, 07:03:14 AM »

Actually rereading the thread, I mixed people up. Schezo doesn't even say anything about voteblocking being scummy, as far as I can see, so this vote makes even less sense than it did earlier.

Prims's Schezo vote is ??? because he says he agrees with BT that he's scummy, except BT never actually said that he found Schezo scummy, just that nothing stands out at all, so he might as well keep his vote where it is.

Shadoweh

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2013, 07:13:45 AM »
Therefore it is unlikely this is an outside source. I'd like Shadoweh to clarify what she knows about this, however.
Oh Bard, I know that you and I should escape to a better time, when I was a young innocent rules policeman and you were a leather jacketed bad boy with no respect for the world.

Shadoweh, what do you mean "I kind of agree with huh what", are you saying it's not part of your role?
I said I was agreeing that Serela was overreacting, it doesn't have anything to do with whatever's wrong with my vote. I have no idea what's causing it. At least it killed RVS fast, but I don't think there's much to do about it. Or discuss, really.

I think the thing on Schezo will go away once he makes a real post, at least now that there's things to post about. If huh what could explain to me what he thought made Schezo scum from 'idc'..

SilentShaman is cool and Raikaria cut me with a huge rambly thing that I will totally read once I copy/paste it and replace everything with I DIO

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2013, 07:14:57 AM »
BBM also has a point since Schezo was agreeing with what Affinity said. That is scummy because? (besides because Affinity thinks like scum)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2013, 07:17:22 AM »
If huh what could explain to me what he thought made Schezo scum from 'idc'..

That's the basic TL;DR. The ramble was basically just me posting a train of thoughts as I read the thread on stuff.

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2013, 07:19:29 AM »
To be fair to Prims, I believe he asked Dormio on IRC where Shadoweh's vote was, and Dormio's response implied that nothing was wrong with the votals. Not sure how he jumped from "Shadoweh is voteblocked" to "Serela voteblocks whomever he's voting for", but yeah.

Shadoweh

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 07:30:25 AM »
Raikaria, you do realize huh what is clearly voting for Serela in that votecount you posted?