Author Topic: Stuffman's weekly game, maybe not D&D? (Maybe so!)  (Read 68642 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Stuffman's weekly game, maybe not D&D? (Maybe so!)
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2010, 02:52:05 AM »
Oh god sorry I forgot :(

HP +7 -> 45
BAB +1 -> +6/+1
All saves +1 -> +5 Fort/Will, +2 Ref
Spell Power +2
1-level spells/day +1 -> 6(+1 bonus)
2-level spells/day +1 -> 3(+1 bonus)
Learn Touch of Idiocy
Knowledge: Arcana +1 -> 9
Concentration +1 -> 9
Spellcraft +1 -> 7
Sense Motive +2 -> 7

Still on the fence about what feat to take.  I'll figure it out.  If nothing else, I'll just take dodge and retrain it when it becomes useful to do so.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2010, 11:16:06 PM »
DST ends tonight, which means starting tomorrow the game will be an hour later than usual, for all you non-americans (i.e. TERRORISTS).

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2010, 08:54:33 AM »
Sorry, realized I never sent you my levelup info after all this time :fail:

+1 Ordained Champion
+1 BAB, +1 Fort/Will saves, +1 Cleric caster level
Skills: +1 Craft, +3 Intimidate
Feats: Practiced Spellcaster, Diehard (Bonus feat)
Class abilities: Smite

Spelllist:
Lv0: Mending, Detect Poison, Light, Read Magic, Guidance
Lv1: Blade of Blood x 2, Command, Divine Favor (Inflict Light Wounds)
Lv2: Close Wounds, Darkbolt x 2 (Spiritual Weapon Divine Instrument "Moriya's Iron Ring" )
Lv. 3 spells: Light of Venya Native God "Master Longlimbs" , Nauseating Breath Native Scourge , Contagion
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2010, 02:01:06 PM »
As promised to UK, I've recorded and attached a PREVIOUSLY soundclip made in my best announcer voice.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2010, 09:21:15 AM »
Sorry to disappoint, but there won't be a game this week either. Due to scheduling weirdness next week because of Thanksgiving, I'm gonna have to work this Sunday.

On the plus side, my hospital visit has fully resolved my terrible illness, so there shouldn't be any more delays following that.

Fightest

« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2010, 10:32:22 AM »
On the plus side, my hospital visit has fully resolved my terrible illness.

That's all that matters, being healthy is awesome.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2010, 11:14:02 PM »
Bad news, I have to work the next two Sundays, so no more D&D until next year :ohdear:

Well, many of you will probably have other things to do anyway.

theshirn

« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2010, 10:52:36 PM »
Bad news, I have to work the next two Sundays, so no more D&D until next year :ohdear:

Well, many of you will probably have other things to do anyway.
Massive :( ensues.  G'luck, then.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
It's 2011 now~! So I probably should have bumped this earlier but I wanted to confirm that Stuffs says we're on today, so get in dandy within the next half hour, yo~

Fightest

« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »
It's 2011 now~! So I probably should have bumped this earlier but I wanted to confirm that Stuffs says we're on today, so get in dandy within the next half hour, yo~

Hah, I was still entirely out of it Sunday. Could someone summarize what happened?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
The party went to Mechanus. Upon arriving on the other side, they see like a thousand modrons and formians working together to build up a mountain of dirt over the vortex. Just as the formians are preparing to round up the party for interrogation, an inevitable named 0x14F8B991 shows up and tells them he's been waiting for them. The inevitable, a nonaton, and a couple myrmarchs say they want to talk to Schrodinger, so the party leads them back into the box.

The myrmarchs explain that they're piling dirt onto the vortex so that it sucks up the soil instead of the cog, because if the cog is damaged it will fuck up a large region of clockwork in Mechanus. So far, the plan seems to be working. They also explain that they are eager to help get the vortex closed by any means necessary - Schrodinger seems to have the idea of sending off formian troops to attack Blackmoon, to cease their meddling and possibly snag some of their keys.

As this is being discussed, the inevitable mentions that the modrons can't hand over their key due to complications. He brings the party to Regulus to talk with a Septon about the situation.

He explains that after the disaster, the modrons dedicated a large workforce to help with the formians' plan to clog up the vortex. However, a force from Baator seems to have noticed they were tied up, and took advantage of this to launch a raid on modron territory. The modron forces are now being pulled in two different directions, leaving nobody to deal with a new problem - a decaton has gone rogue, and ran off with the key. His motives are yet unknown.

The decaton has holed up in an experimental demiplane created by the modrons. This demiplane is a place of perfect order, where all aspects of probability are standardized. (In game terms, every d20 check you make in this realm will be treated as a 10, unless you choose to make a will save at the start of the round to make all your rolls that round as normal.)

The party is currently resting up and preparing spells and a plan to deal with the decaton. It is a formidable, if fragile, opponent.

Meanwhile, a mysterious entity waits for the party within the demiplane as well. What could it be...? Tune in next week to find out in STUFFMAN'S GAME!

Fightest

« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2011, 03:50:47 PM »
Awesome!

Uuh, I don't recall how the gorilla-golem malarkey finished. Did we just get the key after finishing the monkey business, as it were?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2011, 09:20:17 AM »
Oh right, you weren't there for that either. Yes, the party got the key and a stash of loot as well.

Without going over everything, the party obtained the legendary DECKARD CANE which is an infinite-use intelligent Runestaff that casts Identify; Axis's share of the loot was the unique axe, the TREESLUGGER. It is a +1 dwarven waraxe that does bonus electrical damage equal to it's enhancement bonus and ignores the hardness of wooden objects.

The party stopped in the gorilla treetop village on the way back, and Kaoli was granted a miracle by Suwa-no-hime, creating a bitchin' stone frog fountain in the middle of the town square, which allowed her to convert the gorillafolk to her religion and thus fulfilled the conditions to awaken the IRON RING OF MOREYA, a legacy weapon.

The party then returned to Schrodinger's Box and discussed where to go next, deciding on Mechanus.

theshirn

« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »
You guys had damn well better be having fun right now >:(

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2011, 09:11:09 AM »
For shim's sake and for reference, here is a log of what went down when the party met "Bob". (The log has been trimmed and had some lines reorganized for clarity)

01[14:14] <~Stuffman> Suddenly!
[14:14] <Liadan> < >_> >
[14:14] <Axis> D:
01[14:14] <~Stuffman> Off the side of the road, some kind of bizarre, hovering construct appears!
[14:15] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Ah."
01[14:15] <~Stuffman> It doesn't look like anything you've seen on Mechanus so far.
[14:15] <Shoe-Hybrid> Does it look like a creature or a thing?
01[14:15] <~Stuffman> It looks vaguely humanoid in shape, but composed of large, random machine parts.
01[14:15] <~Stuffman> "YOU! WIZaRD! HALt!"
01[14:16] <~Stuffman> "I HAVE WoRDS FOR YOU."
[14:17] <Axis> "Dammit, cat!"
[14:17] <Axis> "Every time!"
[14:17] <Axis> "Every! Sodding! Time!"
01[14:17] <~Stuffman> "tHE REST OF yOU ARE NoT OFF THE HOOK."
[14:17] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Me?"
01[14:17] <~Stuffman> "YES. YOU."
[14:17] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Now what could you possibly want with little old me?"
06[14:18] * Shoe-Hybrid in cat
[14:18] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Truffle, aim at him"
06[14:18] * Shoe-Hybrid steps forward, with her hands open.
01[14:19] <~Stuffman> "ThIS IS THE THiRD DIVERGaNCE NOw. IF YOu CANNOT GET It RIGHT THIS TiME, I WILl SEE TO It THAT YoU ARE REPLACeD!"
[14:19] <Mina> ....
[14:19] <Mina> This does not sound good
06[14:19] * Shoe-Hybrid looks puzzled
[14:19] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Well, you have the advantage of me."
01[14:19] <~Stuffman> The construct looks exasperated, which is pretty weird for a construct.
01[14:20] <~Stuffman> "I wILL EXPLAIN."
01[14:20] <~Stuffman> "THiS IS THE oNLY PLACE I CAN SPeAK WITH YoU, SO LIStEN CAREFULLY."
[14:20] <Shoe-Hybrid> "How gracious of you."
[14:20] <Axis> Axis is fuming.
06[14:20] * Shoe-Hybrid actually looks a little worried
[14:21] <Mina> "Divergence... Is this perhaps something regarding temporality?"
[14:21] <Shoe-Hybrid> "That much I had already surmised, Mina"
01[14:21] <~Stuffman> "SToP. TRYiNG. TO CREaTE. TIME LOOPS! YoU CANNOT DO IT!"
[14:21] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Oh, and why not?"
01[14:22] <~Stuffman> "YoUR WIlD MAGiC RUINS EVERyTHING. IT iS DIFFErENT WITH EACH iTERATION. SoONER OR LAtER THAT DAMN TErRASQUe SHOWS UP AND WReCKS THE wHOLE ThING."
[14:22] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Well, yes, that's how probability works"
01[14:23] <~Stuffman> "By YOUR VERy NATURE, YOU CANnOT CREATE A STABlE TIME LOOP."
[14:23] <Shoe-Hybrid> "You do something enough and you'll get every result"
[14:23] <Mina> Oh god Unstable Time Loops
[14:23] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Oh, because I'll do something differently every time I try to close it?"
01[14:23] <~Stuffman> "YEs. BECaUSE I KNOW YoU ARE AN IDiOT AND WILL TRY AnYWAY, TAKE THIS."
01[14:24] <~Stuffman> It produces a book and hurls it at Shoe.
01[14:24] <~Stuffman> The cover reads: "Treatise on manipulation of probability"
[14:24] <Shoe-Hybrid> "But I'm already good at it!"
01[14:24] <~Stuffman> "NOT GOOD ENOUGH."
01[14:24] <~Stuffman> "GeT BETTER."
[14:24] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Who are you anyway? You have no right to call me an idiot!"
[14:24] <Shoe-Hybrid> "That's reserved for these knuckleheads."
[14:25] <Shoe-Hybrid> "And just what am I going try? Also, I reiterate, who are you?"
01[14:25] <~Stuffman> Mina cannot discern anything. As far as she knows, it is a unique being.
[14:26] <Shoe-Hybrid> Is there an author listed on the book?
[14:26] <Mina> Schrodinger. Obviously
[14:26] <Mina> Schrodinger is the author
01[14:26] <~Stuffman> "THE THiNGS I CAn TELL YOU ARe LIMITED, sO AS TO NoT INTERFeRE WITH YoUR ALREADY PALTRy POSSIBiLITY OF SUCCESS."
[14:26] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Ooh, how paltry?"
[14:26] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Is it by any chance .0001%?"
01[14:27] <~Stuffman> "Do I LoOK LIKE A CaLCULATOR? JUST DoN'T SCReW IT UP THIS TIMe. NOw, THE ReST OF yOU!"
01[14:27] <~Stuffman> "BArD!"
[14:27] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Well, kinda, yes."
[14:27] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Well, whatever. I'll consider this payment for your indiscretion in calling me an idiot"
06[14:28] * Shoe-Hybrid hmmphs and walks back in line rigidly
01[14:28] <~Stuffman> "DId YOU FInD THE iNSTRUMENT i LEFT FoR YOU? THE MeTALLIC ONe?"
[14:29] <Kaoli> "That steam guitar thing?"
[14:30] <Axis> "The WHAT?"
[14:30] <Axis> "You clowns ever gonna tell me about these things?"
[14:30] <Shoe-Hybrid> <Um, you were hypothetically there for that>
[14:30] <Shoe-Hybrid> <Just not yourself>
[14:31] <Kaoli> "Y'know.. that big metal thing Rin carries around. It goes pschooo?"
[14:31] <June> "It gives everyone around her a headache, but she's immune to it."
01[14:30] <~Stuffman> "sHE MUSt MASTeR IT. THErE ARE tWO WAyS TO DEFEaT THE FRoST KING. ThE FIrST IN BATTlE, tHE SeCOND IN SOnG. If YOU ARe FORCED TO FiGHT, It WILL CoST YOU DEaRLY, PARTICULARLY THE CRUSaDER."
[14:32] <Axis> "I ain't paying nuttin'!"
[14:33] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Wait, who's this Frost King?"
01[14:34] <~Stuffman> "THe LOrD OF ICeL?ND. I Am GIVInG YOU ADViCE FOR THE FUTuRE."
01[14:34] <~Stuffman> "He HAS THe KEY."
[14:34] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Ah."
[14:34] <Axis> "Oh, huh. That's actually pretty useful. Thanks, tin can!"
[14:35] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Am I going to get an answer on who are you, btw?"
[14:35] <Shoe-Hybrid> *by the way?
01[14:35] <~Stuffman> "NO."
01[14:35] <~Stuffman> "NoW, THE SWORDSMaN!"
[14:35] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Can I guess, like in those fairy tales?"
[14:35] <Rin> (So... From what I gathered, I need to get into a guitar duel with this Frost King guy.  Awesome.)
01[14:35] <~Stuffman> "It DOeS NOT MATTeR WHEN, BUT IF He DOES NOT COMPLeTE HIS TASk YOUR QUESt WILL BeCOME IMPOSSIbLE!"
[14:36] <Axis> "Hah. Yeah, right."
01[14:36] <~Stuffman> "iF HE MANAGeS TO SAVe HIMSElF IS aNOTHER MaTTER ENTIReLY. ONCe HE SUCCeEDED, ONCe HE DID NoT."
[14:36] <Shoe-Hybrid> "...we've done this before, haven't we?"
01[14:37] <~Stuffman> "aS I SAiD, THiS IS THE THIrD DIVERGAnCE!"
[14:37] <Axis> "Oh for Lady's sake."
01[14:37] <~Stuffman> "WHERE iS THE SCoUT?"
06[14:37] * Shoe-Hybrid shuts up for once
[14:37] <Shoe-Hybrid> and thinks
[14:37] <Axis> "Drop the act, tin can! You gotta say something, say it straight, don't go all ye olde speechtalk on us!"
01[14:38] <~Stuffman> The construct blits out for a moment, and reappears in the distance next to June!
01[14:38] <~Stuffman> You can't hear what it says to her.
01[14:38] <~Stuffman> "YoU."
[14:38] <June> "...Me?"
01[14:39] <~Stuffman> "YOU MuST NOT KILL HIM. YOu WIlL UNDERSTaND WHEN THe TIME COMeS."
01[14:39] <~Stuffman> He blits back to the party after that.
01[14:40] <~Stuffman> "WhAT ElSE." It seems to be thinking.
06[14:41] * June shelves this information in her head
[14:41] <Axis> "You done?"
01[14:41] <~Stuffman> It notices Shoe's Ioun Stone. "ARe YOU STILL USInG THAT?"
[14:42] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Hey! It looks cool!"
[14:42] <Shoe-Hybrid> "And I bet it has awesome power!"
01[14:41] <~Stuffman> "FoRGET IT. IT iS IRRELEVaNT."
01[14:42] <~Stuffman> "I wILL SPeAK TO YoU AGaIN ON THE WAy OUT If I THInK OF ANyTHING IMPORTaNT."
01[14:42] <~Stuffman> It blits out.
[14:42] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Wait. I have three questions"
[14:42] <Shoe-Hybrid> "DAMMIT"
[14:42] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Fine, I'll catch him on the way out."
01[14:43] <~Stuffman> Well that was fun! The party continues on down the road.
[14:43] <Axis> "It's your fault cat."
[14:43] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Though I did want to ask about the modron"
[14:43] <Axis> "And, guess what. Again."
[14:43] <Shoe-Hybrid> "I'm sure you'd love to think that"
01[14:44] <~Stuffman> Blit! "WHaT DID YOu WaNT To ASK."
[14:44] <Shoe-Hybrid> "This just got bigger than you can possibly comprehend"
[14:44] <Axis> "Oh for..."
[14:44] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Well, first, I was wondering if you could tell us where this rogue modron is, IF you are not him."
[14:44] <Shoe-Hybrid> "And second if we're going to have to kick his ass"
[14:44] <Shoe-Hybrid> "I'll save the third question for the way out"
01[14:45] <~Stuffman> "Do I LOoK LIKE A MoDRON TO yOU? It IS AT THE eND OF THiS ROAD. WHeN YOU SEE THE MoNODRONES iT IS NEaR."
[14:45] <Shoe-Hybrid> "I don't know what a decaton looks like."
[14:46] <Shoe-Hybrid> "As for question two? I assume it's something still in the air, even in this plane"
[14:46] <Shoe-Hybrid> "But I'm wondering what course of action is more likely to happen"
01[14:46] <~Stuffman> "WHy AM I EVeN TELLiNG YOU THiS? IT iS IMPOSSiBLE FOR YoU TO FaIL. THaT IS THE NaTURE OF ThIS PLaCE. AlWAYS THe SAmE. If YOU HaVE DOnE THE MaTH THErE Is NO WaY TO LOSe."
[14:46] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Ah, that's reassuring!"
[14:46] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Not that I was ever worried"
01[14:46] <~Stuffman> "NoW GO." Blit!
[14:46] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Actually, I'll have a fourth question later"
[14:46] <Shoe-Hybrid> "But yeah."
[14:47] <Axis> Axis facepalms.
[14:47] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Now, as for things being my fault, some temporal counterpart of me is probably at fault for things."
[14:47] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Certainly not ME though"
[14:47] <Axis> "Now what I was tryin' to say."
[14:47] <Axis> "Is that it's only as big as ye think it is."
[14:47] <Shoe-Hybrid> "That's either very profound or very stupid."
[14:48] <Shoe-Hybrid> "I'll confess my feeling is that it's the latter."
[14:48] <Axis> "Some tin can shows up and starts spoutin' soddin' kobold crap, and you gonna sit on yer ass and believe it?"
[14:48] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Yes and no."
[14:48] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Let me put it this way. Everything is true somewhere."
[14:49] <Axis> "Oh Lady take ye it's contagious!"
[14:49] <Mina> "Under the circumstances, such a temporal counterpart would likely be identical, with the exception of permutations of wild magic, and that being's interference..."
[14:49] <Axis> "Get away from me, cat, or imma start speakin in godsdamned rebuses meself!"
[14:49] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Oh, hey, you just hit on my fourth question, Mina."
[14:49] <Shoe-Hybrid> "I'm going to ask about the previous two iterations and this...things involvement"
[14:49] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Hmm, we should give it a name."
[14:51] <Axis> "Or we could ignore its metal ass and do what we came here to do."
[14:51] <Axis> "Scout Girl, you see anything up ahead?"
[14:51] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Well, I'd like a convenient refereand talking about it in the future."
[14:52] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Even if it's something crude like Bucket of Bolts."
[14:52] <Shoe-Hybrid> "As I'm SURE you'd love to call it"
[14:52] <Rin> "Call it Bob, then."
[14:52] <Axis> "Too much effort to give that thing a name. I'd rather forget it as a waste of my time."

~~~ He appears again on the way out.

01[15:46] <~Stuffman> Blit! "I REMeMBERED."
[15:46] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Of course you did, Bob."
[15:47] <Axis> "And here I was in a good mood"
[15:47] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Alright, first question. Do I become the Demon if I succeed?"
[15:47] <Shoe-Hybrid> "You probably can't answer that but questions unasked are annoying."
01[15:47] <~Stuffman> "I DoN'T KNoW BECAuSE YOU NEVER SUCCeED."
[15:48] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Secondly, how many times have you spoken to us?"
[15:48] <Shoe-Hybrid> "In prior iterations?"
[15:48] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Actually, no, that gives you leeway. Have you spoken to us, here, now, in prior temporal situations?"
01[15:49] <~Stuffman> "THiS IS THe FIrST TIMe I HAvE ELECTEd TO SPEAK WiTH YOu, ThOUGH I hAVE INTERFERED WITH PReVIOUS DIVeRGANCES IN VaRIOUS WAyS."
[15:49] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Interesting. I figured as much."
[15:49] <Shoe-Hybrid> "I don't think I have any other questions. Though I do hope to find out who you are. When we succeed, you'll tell me. Understood?"
01[15:50] <~Stuffman> "I DOn'T TAKE OrDERS FRoM YOu, THiS IS YOUr FAUlT IN THE FIRST pLACE."
01[15:50] <~Stuffman> "NoW, WhAT WAS I GOInG TO SAY"
[15:50] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Fine. But you'll consider a request, right? After all, you're betting we won't succeed. So make your wager."
01[15:50] <~Stuffman> "I'M NoT PLAyING YOUr GAMES, WiZARD."
[15:51] <Shoe-Hybrid> "But perhaps I don't want you to, and I'm just pushing you to see what happens."
[15:51] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Now, what were you saying?"
01[15:51] <~Stuffman> "HeRE IT IS."
01[15:51] <~Stuffman> "SAvE BLAcKMOON FOR LaST."
[15:51] <Shoe-Hybrid> "I thought that was being handled by the modrons."
01[15:52] <~Stuffman> "THOsE BaSTARDS ARE PoWERFUl. THE FoRMIANS WIlL OnLY DELAY THEm."
01[15:52] <~Stuffman> "YOU WIlL NEED EVErY RESOURCe YOU CaN GET."
[15:52] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Just friendly all around, aren't you?"
[15:52] <Shoe-Hybrid> "At least we get to punch the undead guys in the face."
[15:53] <Axis> "Like it was gonna be any other way."
[15:53] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Well, I was afraid we'd miss out on the fun."
[15:53] <Axis> "Lady take ye, ye'r just sodding telling us stuff we already know."
[15:53] <Axis> "I can do that too!"
[15:54] <Axis> "Hey, Cat! You're a cat! Bewaaaaaaaaaaaare of water!"
06[15:54] * Shoe-Hybrid glares at Axis.
[15:53] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Admittedly, I kinda want to see what would happen if we did it now."
[15:54] <Shoe-Hybrid> "But, now I want to know what happens if we do it next."
[15:54] <Axis> "And Frog Girl! If you cut your enemies. They will bleeeeeeeeeed!"
[15:55] <Axis> "There, some high-grade precognition for you clowns."
01[15:54] <~Stuffman> "FINE, I GRoW WEARy OF YoU AS WELL. IF yOU DO THiNGS RiGHT WE WiLL NEVER SEe EACH OTHER AgAIN."
[15:56] <Kaoli> "B-Bleed? ;_;"
[15:57] <Axis> "That's right, Frog Girl. Even YOU would do the same, for you ALSO have blooooooood running in your veins!"
[15:55] <Shoe-Hybrid> "I hardly know you. Suffice it to say when I've realized the full extent of my power I'll have a WONDERFUL game for you to play."
01[15:55] <~Stuffman> "ThIS IS THE lAST DIVERGANcE I WiLL TOLERaTE. YoU ARE AlREADY DOwN TO EiGHT PARTY MeMBERS. ThERE WERe SUPPOSeD TO BE tEN!"
[15:56] <Axis> "Two more of these godsdamned clowns? I don't know if I could take the strain!"
01[15:57] <~Stuffman> "NoT THaT THE DRoMITE OR THE eWOK WERe PARTICULaRLY IMPOrTANT, BuT IT IS DiSTRESSING NONeTHELESS."
[15:57] <Rin> "Oh no, I barely register."
[15:57] <Shoe-Hybrid> "More future stuff to scare us, I suppose."
[15:56] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Aren't we at 9? Me, Axis, Alric, Liadan, June, Kaoli, Mina, Rin, Truffle..."
01[15:57] <~Stuffman> Bob sees Truffle. "WAiT. WHaT?"
[15:57] <Shoe-Hybrid> Truffle meows
01[15:57] <~Stuffman> "WHy IS THeRE ANOtHER CaT?"
[15:57] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Uh, yeah. She shoots things. Really well~"
[15:58] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Oh, something you DON'T know?"
[15:58] <Shoe-Hybrid> "I rescued her from the facility about a year ago. I took her as my familiar. I later enhanced her capabilities."
01[15:58] <~Stuffman> "FoRGET IT. I DoN'T CARE."
01[15:58] <~Stuffman> "DOn'T SCReW IT uP!" Blit!
[15:58] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Maybe now...dammit, I wish he'd stop doing that when I've got the advantage."
[15:59] <Rin> "Orderly folks are like that.  They can't see themselves as being wrong, so they run off before you can properly argue with them."
[15:59] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Quite so~"
06[15:59] * Shoe-Hybrid pets Truffle
[15:59] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Well, you're an unexpected little bonus to us, it seems."
06[16:00] * Shoe-Hybrid says purringly
[16:00] <Axis> "That's stupid. I'd bash their face in if they did that!"
[16:00] <Shoe-Hybrid> "You forgot to bash in Bob's face."
[16:00] <Shoe-Hybrid> "That would have been amusing, really."
[16:00] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Now let's get out of here. It's too confining.
[16:00] <Axis> "I kinda like it. Hold on."
[16:01] <Axis> Axis shuffles about on the spot, moving his arms and legs in a highly-ordered fashion
[16:02] <Axis> "Heh, kinda fun. Rin could probably do it better."
01[16:02] <~Stuffman> Blit! "aRGH. ONe MORE THiNG!"
[16:02] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Yes, dear prophet of severed timelines?"
01[16:02] <~Stuffman> It points at Mina. "GeT IN ToUCH WItH YOuR SIsTERS." Blit!
[16:03] <Shoe-Hybrid> "...there are more of you, Mina?"
06[16:03] * Shoe-Hybrid looks her up and down
[16:03] <Mina> "My sisters... They're alive?"
[16:03] <June> "There are more of you, Mina?"
06[16:03] * June takes a completely different tone than Shoe
06[16:03] * Mina doesn't have time to be stunned by this revelation
[16:03] <Shoe-Hybrid> "More kitties, huh?"
[16:03] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Well, you'll have to tell them the great care I've taken of you~"
[16:04] <Mina> "Um... Yes, I have two older sisters... I got separated from them when I was first captured by Lux Habitum... Both of them have the same dimensional abilities I do..."
[16:04] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Are they cute kitties as well?"
[16:05] <Mina> "E-eh? Um... Lucca has cat-like eyes, and Luna has furry ears...?"
[16:05] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Ah, so not quite a kitty like as you."
[16:06] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Ah well, I look forward to meeting them~"
[16:06] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Always good to see more cats around."
[16:07] <Shoe-Hybrid> "Let's get out of here."

To summarize, here are the things Bob has told the party:
- Shoe, as she is now, cannot engineer a time loop to save herself when the Planar Creation Engine is destroyed because her wild magic will break it.
- Rin must master her Gnomish Steam Guitar, or the party will have to fight a terrible battle against the Frost King of Icel?nd, in which something bad will supposedly happen to Axis.
- Alric needs to fulfill his destiny or the party won't be able to succeed.
- June must not kill him, whatever that means.
- It is strongly recommended to go for the keys in Blackmoon last.
- Mina needs to find her sisters for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:23:26 AM by Stuffman »

« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2011, 11:53:58 PM »
ugh I'm getting dragged off to grandma's on Sunday I don't want to but I probably have to.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »
I kept forgetting to mention something sooner and I also forgot to say anything last week as well, but I won't be able to make game today. >_< This Pokemon tourney finals I've been prepping for is at noon.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »
Bad news guys, I have a family function to attend this Sunday. No chance of a game.

This really sucks because it kills our chances of having everyone together for the battle.

Fightest

« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »
Bad news guys, I have a family function to attend this Sunday. No chance of a game.

This really sucks because it kills our chances of having everyone together for the battle.

Can we reschedule?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
I dunno. How does everyone's Saturday look? That's the only other time it can happen.

Fightest

« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »
I dunno. How does everyone's Saturday look? That's the only other time it can happen.

Saturday is possible for me.

theshirn

« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »
Only way I could do Saturday is after 7:30 PM EST.  Don't think that's terribly helpful, though. :(

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2011, 05:08:44 PM »
Saturday is doable, even on shim time. I'd PREFER earlier if possible. I have shopping to do but I can maneuver that either earlier, later, or Sunday.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2011, 05:15:13 PM »
Oh, um... I'm... Not really sure if I'd be able to take part if it was on Saturday (not that you'd notice me gone, but still).  But, um, if everyone else is able to make it, I could at least try to get it to work for me.  Somehow.

But, uh, don't let me get in the way of not playing tomorrow.  If I can't participate, just go on without me.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »
Hm... I THINK I can manage Saturday, just this once. I'm likely to be very heavily distracted for at least part of the session however, as I have Nobilis that day, and later on (not before 2 AM Sunday GMT) will be running a game of my own.

« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2011, 08:27:55 PM »
Saturday is doable, even on shim time. I'd PREFER earlier if possible.

Though the preference for earlier is just some vague undefined sense of "I prefer this", not because I've got something to do. :V

theshirn

« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2011, 09:23:07 PM »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »
Hm... I THINK I can manage Saturday, just this once. I'm likely to be very heavily distracted for at least part of the session however, as I have Nobilis that day, and later on (not before 2 AM Sunday GMT) will be running a game of my own.

...So after looking at things again, um... Starting it after 7:30 EST will cause problems <.< I'd be running the other game during the latter half of the session. I CAN sort of be there but it probably would be a good idea to let Mina be party-controlled if I'm too slow.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2011, 12:42:08 AM »
I don't think I could make it, but there's no way for me to be 100% sure until the day of.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2011, 01:54:25 AM »
Sigh. I'll just go ahead and confirm the cancellation. No point in going out of my way to have it on a different day if we still won't be able to get everyone together.

I have stuff I want to get done tomorrow anyway.