Author Topic: XutaWoo's Junkpile  (Read 5703 times)

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
XutaWoo's Junkpile
« on: April 08, 2011, 06:44:13 AM »
Wait, no, I don't want to show you my junkpile. That stuff' would need tinkering before showing off.

Anyway, simple stuff for now:

Players
To me, these are easier than bosses. I dunno why, just are.
Reisen - My first (showable) thing! And it shows. Needs major retooling, in my opinion, but still worth showing for now.
Alice - While still having some practices that I've figured out not to do and lacking in others I've learned to do, it's still a major improvement over Reisen. Could still use polishing, but definately more usable than Reisen.
Yuuka - My most polished player released. Still needs some tweaking and an alternative hitbox (the danmakufu one is barely visible), but still.

Bosses
Meiling - While not my first boss shown, she's my first boss released. 4 nonspells and 5 spells, and not the easiest. Now with Lunautic mode for if you hate yourself!
Reisen - Another toughish one. Same structure, right down to the final spell being final boss-ish.

...and yeah, that's it for my bosses.

I may whip up a fancier post later, but right now this'll work.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:47:42 AM by XutaWoo »

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
Re: XutaWoo's Junkpile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
When you asked me earlier to check this Meiling out I thought I could make it, but I couldn't - it was just beast  :V

I dunno if I got that right, but did you do this plural script in one day? Just out of curiousity, because if you did, it is really awesome  :derp:
In any case, really decent, pretty high difficulty (might be just that my skills are kind of rusty) and all in all nice script!

About your players, for some reason I only got Alice A and B to work, but as far as I have tested them I like them very much! I prefer Alice A because of Artful Sacrifice (boom), even though I like the circling dolls with Alice B  :V

Any idea on how to get the others to work?  :3

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:41:23 PM »
Good to know I just don't suck at my scripts! :V

And yeah, I managed the entire thing in a day. I just had some ideas for patterns and just went with the flow when I didn't.
It helped that I already had an _anim.dnh base from my actual junkpile. :V

And what do you mean? Do you get an error or something? They work just fine on my end.
Do you actually have your locale set to Japanese/use AppLocale, or did you just remove the Rumia stuff? Don't know how that stuff could've caused it (outside of Reisen's stuff, maybe), but it's worth looking into since I use AppLocale.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 09:46:07 PM »
Ohohoho. Downloading Meiling after I get home from school.

Watch for more 'cause I'm about to finish my homework and try the Meiling script!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:26:47 AM by ミョウテラス »

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 02:11:59 AM »
Meiling's last one is as hard as the rest of her combined. >>

The Alices are completely unusable because they're too freaking weak. Yuukarin is awesome, though.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 02:50:16 AM »
Here's some of what I said about.

[19:47] <Mewkyuu> So much lag after Taichi :|
[19:47] <XutaMeow> yeah, wish i knew how to get rid of that
[19:47] <Mewkyuu> Object Lasers
[19:48] <Mewkyuu> ObjShot_ToItem or something
[19:48] <XutaMeow> what, really?
[19:48] <XutaMeow> oh, durr
[19:49] <Mewkyuu> Let's replay it
[19:50] <Mewkyuu> I purposely deathbombed on -Red Cannon-.
[19:50] <Mewkyuu> Then I skipped the next nonspell during the bomb... and got cheapshotted during the cutin for the Taichi spell.
[19:51] <Mewkyuu> Somehow got a border during that...
[19:51] <Mewkyuu> It somehow got broken, and the game froze for about 15 seconds.
[19:52] <Mewkyuu> Then I accidentally didn't see a bullet and deathbombed on the last spell
[19:52] <Mewkyuu> Coulda captured the last spell, but I don't like being in SUPERDODGE mode.

I have a SUPERDODGE mode where I dodge things.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:04:34 AM by ミョウテラス »

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 05:30:20 AM »
That's some really lovely danmaku. But everything is fast as nuts! xU
And the fact that you did this in one day... How long have you been working with danmakufu, anyway?

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 06:10:47 AM »
I have a template of the animations and such, so I don't have to bother with that. Besides, the nonspells are just slightly modified versions of each other and most of the spells aren't really that complicated when you look at them, so. :V

I don't know how long I've been using it, for sure. I started somewhere around the Blinded by the Light contest, and then messed with it on and off. I did have programming experience beforehand, although that didn't really help until I figured out task-style programming.

The Meiling thing just started as the first nonspell and spell, with the nonspell starting out as something I wanted to try for a while. I don't know what caused me to link the angle change speed with the "mist" speed, but it made quite a beautiful pattern so I kept it. Meanwhile, the spell was supposed to just rain down instead of being a streaming card, but I found that it wasn't that fun so I, well, made it a streaming card.
Then I got the idea of a kicking card that exploded into butterflies, as a parody of the so-called "Fist of Kill Everything." I messed with it a fair bit, until I got to the vaguely flower-ish pattern it has now with the kick bullets.
Red Cannon came when I asked a friend of mine who plays Meiling on TouhouMUCK if he wanted to see any spells in particular, either official or custom. You can guess which he picked. Well, he actually just said any of the uppercut spells, and I picked Red Cannon since it actually has a projectile. It doesn't take much of an insane mind to associate melee=tackle and cannon=explosion for this kind of stuff, so.
Double Rainbow Wind Chime was actually going to be the nonspell before Red Cannon, as just a more powerful version of her first boss card from EoSD. But I found that boring and messed with it, and I quickly found my final card.
Rainbow Taichi was just me running out of ideas for spell cards so I decided to convert another card. I think I did fairly well, even if it is meant to be a rest before Double Rainbow Wind Chime.
The last two nonspells were actually rushed; I was out of ideas, so I decided to make a nonspell where Meiling stays above you and rains down shots based on Chi Remote Detonate. You can guess whether or not this was kept with modifications. The third was just something I knew I had to do; I didn't actually know the pattern would be so beautiful, at least in my opinion.

So basically, it was a bored night of programming. Most patterns didn't even turn out the way I imagined them; I just worked off of them to make them more fun or easier or harder. I'm good at improv, though, so maybe that's just it. :V

touhouplayer

• Your youngest Touhou Addict!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 02:24:09 AM »
XutaWoo, i have a question... (Danmakufu)
how to install Yuuka as a playable charcter?

EDIT: Ahh... nevermind. i just fixed it... Thanks anyway!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:41:10 AM by touhouplayer »
Touhou Games 4-Ever!

touhouplayer

• Your youngest Touhou Addict!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 05:14:02 AM »
I can't get Your Meiling Boss to work.
The Player Scripts Work Excellently, but when i start your
Meiling script, all i get is:

th_dnh has stopped working...
Touhou Games 4-Ever!

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 09:38:57 PM »
Are you placing the folder in your scripts file? Don't just put the files in the scripts folder. I'm sure it works there, but that's messy. :V

Also, wonder what's up with my stuff not working for some people? Bad signs, man.  :ohdear:

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »
Double post!

Yeah I actually have something to add.

In an attempt to make a lunatic mode for my Meiling, I went horribley astray and managed to pump out something that could only qualify as Lunautic. Yes.
Also, fixed some problems with Normal mode.

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
Yodel lay hee hoo~?

Anyway, yet another boss added. This time it's the lunatic rabbit herself, Reisen Udongein Inaba. For full effect, fight her with my Reisen player. Or don't and wait for me to finish the updated version of her, since the current one's old and icky.  :derp:

Oh, and yeah, another one-day one. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the only ones I'll ever complete will be ones done in a single day. Hm.  :wat:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:51:13 AM by XutaWoo »