Author Topic: Suspicion of Earthly Apparitions  (Read 3120 times)

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
Suspicion of Earthly Apparitions
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:35:24 AM »
Suspicion of Earthly Apparitions

Suspicion of Earthly Apparitions (SoEA) is a touhou fangame which I've already done (extensive) planning on. It will be made with C# (I find this easy due to class system. Class for bullet, fairy, stage, boss, you name it!) I do not expect this to be done ANY time soon, I am simply using this to learn the basics and eventually finish.

So what is it?

SoEA is a danmaku shooter, that has RPG elements in it. It has a main screen, as well as an overview of a map. Stages are organized into sets of four - three regular stages and one extra stage where a powerup is obtained, but is of significant higher difficulty. There are currently 5 planned normal sets, as well as an extra stage set. Saving may be done only between sets. If you wish to go to an extra stage, you will have to go through the entire set again.

Also, Extra set has 4 normal stages and no additional stage.

There is ONE DIFFICULTY. The game starts out on an average level 3 easy mode gameplay (Based off of IN stage 3) and goes up near overdrive level.

Playable Characters:

UnNamed1
Code: [Select]
Species: Human

Abilities: The ability to create alternate planes of being, in order to map out future events and the ability to sense objects of significant power.

UnNamed2

Species: Human

Ability:  The ability to create objects from unused matter and the ability to sense objects of significant power.

Unnamed 3
Species: Youkai

Ability: The ability to extract essences of darkness and light and the ability to [spoiler] manipulate another person's thoughts[/spoiler]

More will be released soon when i have time to type it up. I've already made some danmakufu spellcards for the first stage, which i like quite a bit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:21:57 PM by Cabble »
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

Shockman

• Some idiot
  • I can't believe I got this account back .|.|.
Re: Suspicion of Earthly Apparitions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 03:50:04 AM »
Sounds interesting, do you have any screenshots that you could post?

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 04:21:17 AM »
Hmm. From what I see here, you do plan on having all three as playable characters, yes?
If so, I do look forward to seeing their shot patterns.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
I don't mean any offense, but the names could use a lot of work.

At the very least, please change at least hikouki's name. I'm assuming Hourousha means wanderer, which still sounds kind of.... silly, but you can keep it if you want to so badly. But the part I laughed out loud is her first name, Hikouki. It means plane.
As in Airplane. (Unless this was deliberate? As in something like 飛行鬼? Still, please change it, the first thing that comes to mind is an airplane)
Uh, next one. Kakushiwa Neicha. Kakushiwa means something like hidden, I'm assuming. Doesn't sound as bad, but a blatantly obvious reference to her ability. Neicha is just Nature, then. Not as bad as Hikouki's.
Now the last one, Kaketeiru Kurayami. Kaketeiru has way too many possibilities for me to predict which meaning it is. However, I should mention that the word Kake-teiru is in the "is Verb-ing" or "is Verb-ed" form. For example, Kizutsui-teiru means "is injured". Kurayami is dark darkness. It works, I guess, but sounds too straightforward and simple. Kind of like the name of that one ice lollipop girl from that vampire harem anime.
Like I said before, don't be offended though I sounded rather offensive. Just take it to heart, and if it convinced you, I hope you change it. If it didn't, then I still wish you luck with this project.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »
Well that said, I guess it should be a good idea to also provide the kanji for their names, isn't it?
EdibleGhost has a good point.

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 04:49:41 PM »
I had come up with the names (far) before and when i typed them into google translate i decided to make them based off of that

~clueless about how to name a character~

I'm not planning to post any screenshots until i at least have some of the images worked on.

The player shot types all actually have Kaketeiru due to him being required in the plot
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:55:14 PM by Cabble »

ONCE.

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 07:24:13 PM »
This plot is meant to be 10-20 years after Touhou 13 or so, and i have a question

Would Reimu and Marisa technically age slower? If you look at Alice, she became a youkai through lots of hard practice and so she ages slower, and im ~pretty~ sure that the same would happen with reimu and marisa, but im asking for you guys' opinion.

ONCE.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 07:45:46 PM »
They are normal humans, so they age normally. Reimu is about 17~19 as of Ten Desires, and Marisa is probably younger than her. (she's also about a head shorter than Reimu)