Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192880 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #840 on: August 22, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "Well, I had to give her a sharp little reminder after all. But it was a once-off either way though. And it did prove helpful, as most of the spices in the kitchen now, I've never really used. All of them were mostly western ones, on accounts of the magician being fond of western things."
>"But I have to admit, for western food, these aren't that bad."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:02:36 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #841 on: August 23, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "Well, I had to give her a sharp little reminder after all. But it was a once-off either way though. And it did prove helpful, as most of the spices in the kitchen now, I've never really used. All of them were mostly western ones, on accounts of the magician being fond of western things."
>"But I have to admit, for western food, these aren't that bad."

Lord Tenma nods, giving a small diplomatic smile. "I'll definitely agree - of course, to me, food is food. I'm not exactly what you'd call picky. It's a good trait in diplomacy, you know?" he grins, barking out a small laugh.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #842 on: August 23, 2012, 06:26:42 PM »
>Chuckle a bit too, then sigh. "So, I hope Mokou didn't damage things on the mountain too badly during her battle with Kaguya? You see, their battles were getting rather loud, and it was being a great inconvenience to some of the villagers, getting woken up in the middle of the night by the explosions. I asked them to either fight elsewhere for once, or keep the explosions to a minimum. They ended up opting to fight elsewhere. Aya was caught in the crossfire apparently."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #843 on: August 23, 2012, 06:37:46 PM »
>Chuckle a bit too, then sigh. "So, I hope Mokou didn't damage things on the mountain too badly during her battle with Kaguya? You see, their battles were getting rather loud, and it was being a great inconvenience to some of the villagers, getting woken up in the middle of the night by the explosions. I asked them to either fight elsewhere for once, or keep the explosions to a minimum. They ended up opting to fight elsewhere. Aya was caught in the crossfire apparently."

Tenma nodded, the grin dropping as he remembered the events of that night. "Yes, that is the gist of the story I heard. Lots and lots of damages that day... fortunately, we were able to make sure that none of the tengu were harmed, but there was extensive damage to the buildings. ...That and Aya was an idiot and had to try to get pictures of the two of them. You can imagine how that went," he continued, leaning back as he spoke, "and you saw the result. The good news is, I managed to get a trade deal for better construction materials from the kappa Nitori. So our rebuilt homes will be more sturdy, at least."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
>Sigh. "It's getting to be that people are regarding their battles less as fights, and more as natural disasters."
>Smile a bit. "But on the upside, as I've arranged for Mokou to be staying here for a few weeks to help train Shiku, the battles should occur less."
>Grin a little. "And I daresay Kaguya might crack from the boredom of not having Mokou to fight."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #845 on: August 23, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »
>Sigh. "It's getting to be that people are regarding their battles less as fights, and more as natural disasters."

Tenma sighs. "What else can you do, with a pair of immortals fighting each other so violently for eternity?"

>Smile a bit. "But on the upside, as I've arranged for Mokou to be staying here for a few weeks to help train Shiku, the battles should occur less."
>Grin a little. "And I daresay Kaguya might crack from the boredom of not having Mokou to fight."

A small grin. "That'd certainly be fun to see. But if Mokou's here... er, where is she?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #846 on: August 23, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »
>"I haven't seen her since earlier today, when I had her deliver Aya and that letter. I do hope she hasn't forgotten about the agreement."
>Sigh. "If I had all my Shikigami available, I would send one out for an investigation. But Neneru's worn out and asleep from training with Sakuya, and Shiku opted to go directly to bed after training. She isn't that good with the elite after all, you can understand this I assume? As for Kaki, my third, she will be staying in Ran Yakumo's care for the next few months, to learn from her."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #847 on: August 24, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »
>"I haven't seen her since earlier today, when I had her deliver Aya and that letter. I do hope she hasn't forgotten about the agreement."

Tenma chuckles. "Taking care of impulsive charges is always a bother, isn't it?"

>Sigh. "If I had all my Shikigami available, I would send one out for an investigation. But Neneru's worn out and asleep from training with Sakuya, and Shiku opted to go directly to bed after training. She isn't that good with the elite after all, you can understand this I assume? As for Kaki, my third, she will be staying in Ran Yakumo's care for the next few months, to learn from her."

Tenma sighs with you, nodding in understanding. "I know the feeling, I assure you. In fact, a lot of times you almost sound like a lord yourself. It must come from having to keep track of people, I suppose. But yes, I haven't seen the fire immortal nor the moon immortal for quite a bit - which right now, among the tengu, that's more a relief than anything."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #848 on: August 24, 2012, 08:38:46 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "Yes, I suppose that's something we have in common, no? Having to keep track of people and keep them safe."
>Sigh. "Mokou's rather impulsive, you would think that being several hundreds of years old would have done something to temper that otherwise spontaneous nature of hers."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #849 on: August 25, 2012, 06:15:50 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "Yes, I suppose that's something we have in common, no? Having to keep track of people and keep them safe."
>Sigh. "Mokou's rather impulsive, you would think that being several hundreds of years old would have done something to temper that otherwise spontaneous nature of hers."

Tenma cracks a grin. "Aya's centuries older than I am, but still apparently hasn't learned when to leave well enough alone. I suppose some people just never grow up, hm? I suppose when you're an immortal, you don't have to, though."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #850 on: August 25, 2012, 06:42:53 AM »
>Stifle a chuckle. "Really? I seem to recall hearing a rumor that you used to be the right-hand man to the oni that used to run the show on the mountain. Perhaps the rumor was about your predecessor then."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #851 on: August 25, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
>Stifle a chuckle. "Really? I seem to recall hearing a rumor that you used to be the right-hand man to the oni that used to run the show on the mountain. Perhaps the rumor was about your predecessor then."

Lord Tenma gives a small grin. "Perhaps now you can see some of the difficulties of all the lords being named Tenma!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #852 on: August 25, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
>Laugh a little. "Big shoes to fill, no?"
>"Come to think of it, my official post aside from Guardian, is Village Teacher. I inherited that post from the previous teacher when she became a Village Elder. I'm certain that eventually I too will be an Elder. Generally the qualifications to become one of the Elders is to demonstrate wisdom, intelligence, and the ability to lead. Of course, some are more stubborn than others. Elder Jonil in particular was rather opposed to my getting Shikigami, the others trust my judgement. Which I'm quite thankful for."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #853 on: August 25, 2012, 05:05:06 PM »
>Laugh a little. "Big shoes to fill, no?"

"You have no idea," Tenma laughs. At least the two of you seem to be getting along well.

>"Come to think of it, my official post aside from Guardian, is Village Teacher. I inherited that post from the previous teacher when she became a Village Elder. I'm certain that eventually I too will be an Elder. Generally the qualifications to become one of the Elders is to demonstrate wisdom, intelligence, and the ability to lead. Of course, some are more stubborn than others. Elder Jonil in particular was rather opposed to my getting Shikigami, the others trust my judgement. Which I'm quite thankful for."

Tenma nods. "You seem like governing material to me, but who can say? I've spoken with a couple of the elders on very rare occasions - obviously, being a youkai, I'm not exactly welcome in the city itself. Never spoken with anyone named Jonil, but I can't say he sounds like a pleasant man, haha." He leans back a bit, reminiscing. "Of course, the Tengu don't have such an egalitarian position. I was born into this role, and groomed for it. Which worked out rather well, I suppose."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #854 on: August 25, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "That it has."
>Look over at Momiji, has she eaten or drank any?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #855 on: August 25, 2012, 05:55:45 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "That it has."
>Look over at Momiji, has she eaten or drank any?

No she has not - in fact, she seems to be staring intently at the one door out of the tea room. She looks rather tense too.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #856 on: August 25, 2012, 05:58:31 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "Don't worry, this place is quite secure. The only people who can open the doors are myself, and my Shikigami. Of course, Yukari's able to get in due to her ability, but that's Yukari for you."
>Smile. "Now please, enjoy the food and drink as well."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #857 on: August 25, 2012, 06:05:23 PM »
>Chuckle a little. "Don't worry, this place is quite secure. The only people who can open the doors are myself, and my Shikigami. Of course, Yukari's able to get in due to her ability, but that's Yukari for you."

Momiji scowls. "Sure, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be wary. This is enemy territory. The scouts don't even want Lord Tenma to be here." Lord Tenma gives a small laugh at this, turning to you. "I will admit, I'm taking a bit of a security risk. I think it'll be fine, but the wolf scouts are a suspicious lot."

>Smile. "Now please, enjoy the food and drink as well."

The wolf tengu sighs. "Well, if you insist," she says, taking a sandwich and taking a couple of small bites from it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #858 on: August 25, 2012, 06:09:09 PM »
>Smile. "This house is easily the safest place in the village, so there's very little to worry about. So you can relax at least a little."
>"At any rate, how do you like the sandwich?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #859 on: August 27, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »
>Smile. "This house is easily the safest place in the village, so there's very little to worry about. So you can relax at least a little."
>"At any rate, how do you like the sandwich?"

(I must humbly apologize for not updating this for a while. I'm going through some financial hardship right now. I assure you, I do have many plans for this quest, but if posting is a little spotty right now, at least you know why.)

Momiji nods. "Um, it's good I suppose. And I hope you understand, but I'm not really into relaxing in strange places."

Tenma chuckles a bit. "It's Momiji's way, don't feel bad about it. You said you had shikigami, right? I'm interested into what gave you the idea for acquiring them."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #860 on: August 27, 2012, 10:00:08 PM »
>Smile. "Simple really, I came across those three while I was resolving the past incident, and took a liking to them. I figured they could use a guiding hand in their lives, and they needed to have a better life than living as common thieves and bandits. And on the other hand, I could use help keeping the village safe while I'm teaching, that's the job these girls have been given. Aside from that, they're free to choose their own path, so long as it doesn't harm any of the villagers."

(S'okay man, I'm having a few problems meself.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #861 on: September 04, 2012, 03:47:23 AM »
>Smile. "Simple really, I came across those three while I was resolving the past incident, and took a liking to them. I figured they could use a guiding hand in their lives, and they needed to have a better life than living as common thieves and bandits. And on the other hand, I could use help keeping the village safe while I'm teaching, that's the job these girls have been given. Aside from that, they're free to choose their own path, so long as it doesn't harm any of the villagers."

(S'okay man, I'm having a few problems meself.)

(My life is still unstable as all hell. But let's fire this quest back up!)

In the distance, you can hear a very loud engine start up as everything starts moving again.

"I see," Tenma nodded as he took another drink of the tea. "That's a very great thing you did, Kamishirasawa-san. I can see why you'd get offended at Aya's twisting of it. Ah, just to be sure, this was the incident when you killed the two Lunarian princesses, correct?"

You think someone might have been exaggerating.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #862 on: September 04, 2012, 04:01:10 AM »
>Facepalm. "Kill them? No, I just gave them what I usually give to Youkai that try to cause trouble, a good and solid headbutt. They may be Lunarians, but that doesn't make them any more resilient than you or I."
>Smirk a bit. "Besides, better to wound their pride, than to outright kill them. For them to have been beaten by one like myself, that would be the ultimate insult and blow to their pride. I don't think they'll be trying anything anytime soon."
>Smile. "Which means peace should be around until the next incident at least."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #863 on: September 04, 2012, 04:20:54 AM »
>Facepalm. "Kill them? No, I just gave them what I usually give to Youkai that try to cause trouble, a good and solid headbutt. They may be Lunarians, but that doesn't make them any more resilient than you or I."
>Smirk a bit. "Besides, better to wound their pride, than to outright kill them. For them to have been beaten by one like myself, that would be the ultimate insult and blow to their pride. I don't think they'll be trying anything anytime soon."
>Smile. "Which means peace should be around until the next incident at least."

Tenma laughs. "Ahaha, as much peace as you can find in a realm like Gensokyo, right? Still, I'm glad to hear you didn't kill them. That's the prevailing rumor in the Tengu lands, you know. I was hoping it'd be untrue... I'm not a fan of needless death." He sighs, taking another sip of the tea before continuing. "I'm guessing, then, that you also didn't stare down the princesses and a hundred moon rabbits single-handedly?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #864 on: September 04, 2012, 04:26:48 AM »
>Chuckle. "To be honest, I don't know the exact number of the moon rabbits that were there. The others were the ones who handled those, I went right for the princesses."
>Smirk a bit. "The best way to resolve a problem, is to cut to the heart of the matter, as you already know. And since it was a full moon, and Byakuren had improved everyone's abilities to the limit, it was a simple matter of sweeping them aside like an old newspaper."
>Then smile. "Shame I won't get to resolve as many incidents when the school year is upon us once more, I found it rather enjoyable. I suppose I can delegate that tas to the girls if need be though."
>"After all, nobody from the village participates in Incident Resolution, so it's about time someone represents it. Wouldn't you say?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #865 on: September 04, 2012, 05:19:02 AM »
>Chuckle. "To be honest, I don't know the exact number of the moon rabbits that were there. The others were the ones who handled those, I went right for the princesses."
>Smirk a bit. "The best way to resolve a problem, is to cut to the heart of the matter, as you already know. And since it was a full moon, and Byakuren had improved everyone's abilities to the limit, it was a simple matter of sweeping them aside like an old newspaper."

Tenma laughs. "Good to hear it. I'm glad too, this quieted down some of the more radical elements of the Tengu that say we should raid the village. Let's just say they aren't saying that now."

>Then smile. "Shame I won't get to resolve as many incidents when the school year is upon us once more, I found it rather enjoyable. I suppose I can delegate that tas to the girls if need be though."
>"After all, nobody from the village participates in Incident Resolution, so it's about time someone represents it. Wouldn't you say?"

Tenma laughs once more. "Indeed! I'm sure you can handle it. And if not you, perhaps that youkai here I caught a glimpse of. She looks like a fighter, at least, from the little I saw of her."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #866 on: September 04, 2012, 05:24:06 AM »
>Nod with a smile. "That was probably Shiku. She's actually training for just that, to become a fighter. Ranged combat isn't her forte according to her, so she focuses on her close-combat ability. That little nekomata I was carrying when I returned is Neneru, I believe I've already told you how she desires to become a Ninja."
>Chuckle a little. "Well, Miss Izayoi certainly is the closest thing to one that Gensokyo has. Short of perhaps the most elite and skilled of Tengu that is."
>Sigh with a smile. "And as for my third, Kaki, a Fox Youkai...Well, she's off training with another of her kind to grow stronger. She'll return in a few months though. I believe I've mentioned that the one she's training with is Ran Yakumo. I can tell via the shikigami bond that she's alright though."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #867 on: September 04, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »
>Nod with a smile. "That was probably Shiku. She's actually training for just that, to become a fighter. Ranged combat isn't her forte according to her, so she focuses on her close-combat ability. That little nekomata I was carrying when I returned is Neneru, I believe I've already told you how she desires to become a Ninja."
>Chuckle a little. "Well, Miss Izayoi certainly is the closest thing to one that Gensokyo has. Short of perhaps the most elite and skilled of Tengu that is."
>Sigh with a smile. "And as for my third, Kaki, a Fox Youkai...Well, she's off training with another of her kind to grow stronger. She'll return in a few months though. I believe I've mentioned that the one she's training with is Ran Yakumo. I can tell via the shikigami bond that she's alright though."

Tenma chuckled as he ticked off his fingers. "So power, stealth, and... I'm going to guess magic? It's the only reason I can think a fox would be training a fox. A very interesting triangle you've acquired there, Kamishirasawa-san. Very interesting indeed." He leans back a bit. "And training with Ran Yakumo to boot... I'd like to see how you managed that one. Notoriously hard to speak to, I've always found her."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #868 on: September 04, 2012, 09:49:22 PM »
>Chuckle. "That's correct. As for how I managed it, she occasionally comes here to do shopping. I happened to catch her while she was on the way in to do so. I told her about it all, she talked with Yukari about it, and things flowed from there. In fact, it seems Yukari was amused by those two princesses getting smacked around."
>Laugh a bit. "You know, they were trying to use the magicians as living conduits to gather energy for the lunar capital. So after freeing the magicians and giving those two a little punishment, I told them to consult with Ms. Yagokoro on that matter. Because if there's one person in Gensokyo who would know how to fix that little problem, it would be her. I don't think they liked getting told off by 'someone below them'."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #869 on: September 05, 2012, 05:50:29 PM »
>Chuckle. "That's correct. As for how I managed it, she occasionally comes here to do shopping. I happened to catch her while she was on the way in to do so. I told her about it all, she talked with Yukari about it, and things flowed from there. In fact, it seems Yukari was amused by those two princesses getting smacked around."

Tenma laughed. "Ahaha, that'd be the way to do it, wouldn't it? The gap youkai's hatred for those Lunarians is practically legendary at this point, I'd think. You're probably decisively on Yukari's good side just from that."

>Laugh a bit. "You know, they were trying to use the magicians as living conduits to gather energy for the lunar capital. So after freeing the magicians and giving those two a little punishment, I told them to consult with Ms. Yagokoro on that matter. Because if there's one person in Gensokyo who would know how to fix that little problem, it would be her. I don't think they liked getting told off by 'someone below them'."

"Given them? I can't imagine they would," Tenma replied, leaning back in his chair. "But then, the tengu get all of our energy from the kappa, so we don't really have any problems there. I'm guessing Dr. Yagokoro was able to provide a solution?"