Author Topic: [Music] Piano in Pseudo Paradise  (Read 5591 times)

[Music] Piano in Pseudo Paradise
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »
Couldn't think of a good title...

Earlier this summer, I started learning the piano for the sole purpose of playing Touhou songs. I've gained sufficient skill to be successful in that respect, and now I've started arranging various character themes.

The first one I've done is U.N. Owen Was Her? (durrr  :V). My attempt for this one was to make it sound sad, childish, somewhat angry, and hopeful. I think it came out quite well.

Also, forgive me if the recording quality isn't all that great. My computer's mic isn't very good.

Comments? Criticisms? Do I suck hard enough to make a black hole seem like a vacuum cleaner? Is the sound nearly orgasmic?

(Onigashima in the Fairyland ~ Missing Power is up next, whenever I record an acceptable run-through.)
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Re: [Music] Piano in Pseudo Paradise
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:27:15 PM »
Awesome amigo, even more so if your a beginner. Ya should play somethin with me in a few months after a little more practice under your belt. Sound quality is pretty good.

Code Slasher

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:56:53 PM »
Interesting.  It sure has a peculiar vibe to it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:13:19 AM by Code Slasher »

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:33:28 AM »
@flamezero: Thanks! I started learning around early June, so I guess I'm still a beginner.

@Code Slasher: Yeah, I tried to make it sound different from the other U.N. Owen arranges I've heard. Hopefully I succeeded.

After a few tries, I recorded an acceptable run-through of Onigashima in the Fairyland. Here it is.

Didn't have much in mind for this one. I just tried some stuff and ran with it.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
Haha yeah man, ive been playin for a few years and am still a beginner xD

After a few tries, I recorded an acceptable run-through of Onigashima in the Fairyland. Here it is.

Didn't have much in mind for this one. I just tried some stuff and ran with it.

I actually wasn't too fond of this, but i don't really care for the original much either so =P Keep it up amigo.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 06:12:28 PM »
Finished recording a new one. This time it's Doll Judgment ~ The Girl Who Played With People's Shapes. I tried to make it sound different from other arranges of that song, and a bit lonely.

As soon as I can play it through well enough, Green Eyed Jealousy will be next.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »
Sounds very interestin amigo  :D but a little to alternative for my taste. Look forward to the next one.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 05:42:58 PM »
this remembers me i should post my own piano arrange of this song once....

the piano sounds a little detuned.well, anyway. the left hand seems to be doing a litttle. yet i like what you did during the bridge. keep working, be it on this arrange or your general skill! i see potential in this, y'know

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 08:53:31 AM »
I'm liking this so far, touhou piano songs are fun :D. Currently I haven't arranged any, but that seems like something that could be fun to try (my non-piano playing friend has made a few touhou piano arrangements, and they're really cool, but mostly beyond my skill level).  Before summer ends and I have to go to school, maybe I'll have enough time to make an arrangement, or , if I'm really ambitious, I could make a touhou arrangement for a non-piano group/piano+other instrument(s) group. I don't think many touhou songs would sound too good on oboe though.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 08:55:09 PM »
Finally got some time to record Green Eyed Jealousy.

Currently learning Beloved Tomboyish Girl. After that, I'll likely take a break from new stuff, since college will be starting soon. However, I'll probably try to learn Reimu and Marisa's themes before Spring rolls around.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »
It aint too bad amigo, but be sure to check those notes. I know your tryin to make it sound different from other arranges, but alot of those notes are off. The good news is though, that theyre consistently off during the entire song. So its not your playin skill thats off, since you can play it consistently. Eh, does that make sense xD? just be sure to check those notes when arrangin.

Lookin forward to the next ones.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:35:23 PM by flamezero16 »

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 10:01:04 PM »
Yeah, it makes sense.  :V I'll be sure to keep an eye on that.

Thanks again.