Author Topic: What should I play?  (Read 11182 times)

Atfyntify

• Danmakufu worshipper
  • I worship Danmakufu
Re: What should I play?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »
New super marisa land - good game! though it is really frustrating sometimes. overall, I give this game 10/10
Megamari - if your really good at games then play this. I haven't cleared a single level yet. not even cirno's.
Imperishable night - if you are new touhou shooting then this is a good start.
touhou koubutou - a 3d fighting touhou game. this game is great.
Super marisa world - quite.....nah its fun but hard.
Master burner climax - I've always wished that danmaku was real. a 3d danmaku dodging game. I hate the controls though.
DAnmakufu - I don't know if this counts but if so then yeah, its quite fun to write your own and build your own STG touhou like game.

here are some suggestions with my comments in it.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOUHOU 14!

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 11:07:16 AM »
Fantasy Night of TouHou Project.

:trollface:

ChanceWolf

• This level of reasoning...
  • ...is possible for Furudo Erika.
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 01:46:03 PM »
Touhou Pocket Wars EVO+. Believe me, that game is more than addicting. I've played it more then 50 hours in three days BV

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 09:54:49 PM »
Touhou Rekkaden, Touhou Battle Gaiden, and Touhou Gensokyo Rensa were all quite fun for me.

Rekkaden's a sort of 4-player battle game where you have an overhead view of the arena and you duke it out with other characters.  Hasn't been translated, as far as I know, but the interface is relatively simple to figure out.  You may have to go through a bit of trouble to get the "criteria" to make the game not lag, such as downloading Japanese fonts for your computer.

Battle Gaiden's a "battle tetris"-type game, with the Touhou flavoring being that in the midst of matches, you can use spell cards to benefit yourself or screw with your opponent.  Also not translated. :ohdear:

Gensokyo Rensa's a sort of aerial fighting game where you go one-on-one against other characters in a 2D arena.  Again, not translated. :fail:

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 10:51:49 PM »
Age of Ethanols, it's still a trial and it's kind of broken for a lot of people... but hey, it's Age of Empires crossed with Touhou!
Then there's Scarlet Devil Mansion Labyrinth. It's a puzzlegame, nothing too special but it has a nice charm to it.

I'm also seconding New Super Marisa World. It's a game that plays like Super Mario Bros and Super Mario World but with Marisa as Mario. This game is exceptionally well made. Not only is it more "mariolike" than the previous game while still being about Touhou, it also has great art and the stage design is much better. Probably the best current Touhou fangame in my opinion.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 12:40:58 AM »
Age of Ethanols, it's still a trial and it's kind of broken for a lot of people... but hey, it's Age of Empires crossed with Touhou!

WIN
Unless there's no campaign and it's like Patchcon!.  Not that Patchcon is bad, I just want an actual resources/strategy RTS.

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2011, 12:29:45 AM »
WIN
Unless there's no campaign and it's like Patchcon!.  Not that Patchcon is bad, I just want an actual resources/strategy RTS.
Well there are resources and you get to build a base. I only have the C77 trial, but there were some videos showing a tutorial campaign in the newer ones. Just wait for the full version I guess.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 12:39:26 AM »
Fantasy Night of TouHou Project.

:trollface:
o u

Labyrinth of Touhou. It'll take about 1 or 2 weeks to get to the good parts, but it's overall one of the best RPG games I've ever played (and I've played a bunch >:3).
I'm not even halfway through yet I completely love it.

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 07:48:26 PM »
Labyrinth of Touhou. It'll take about 1 or 2 weeks to get to the good parts, but it's overall one of the best RPG games I've ever played (and I've played a bunch >:3).
I'm not even halfway through yet I completely love it.
I agree, it's pretty awesome, and it doesn't give you that dried out easy JRPG feel either.  In fact, it's actually quite sadistic.  32 hours in, floor 16, yeah!

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »
I agree, it's pretty awesome, and it doesn't give you that dried out easy JRPG feel either.  In fact, it's actually quite sadistic.  32 hours in, floor 16, yeah!

If you think the main game is sadistic, wait until the postgame content.  It's like Star Ocean: TTEoT, except you can't have Maria, Fayt and Cliff with ridiculously broken custom weapons break the game for you. 

Actually, I kind of think of it like FFX with a different skill system (everyone has a set skillpool, but your stat accumulations are up to you), except they take away everything that makes FFX easy - Aeons, Overdrives (especially Mix), Items, customizable weapons, the ability to revive your characters, speed being king (sorta), scan, sensor, poison (to an extent), etc. 

For example, an example of what I mean -
Reimu is sorta like Yuna without summons, and she's learned all of her spells at the beginning.  She heals, handles buffing, and can attack for Spirit damage.  Well, except Yuna's Holy >>> Reimu's Fantasy Seal.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 02:22:49 AM »
WHAT I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO GET THIS
I just don't want Byakuren monks turning my shirt blue converting my entire Miko army....

I wonder if this requires AoE to play? That'd make it all the easier to play.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2011, 10:04:35 PM »
WHAT I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO GET THIS
I just don't want Byakuren monks turning my shirt blue converting my entire Miko army....

I wonder if this requires AoE to play? That'd make it all the easier to play.

I am 99% sure its it's own thing and not a mod, considering AoEth=2d AoEmp=3d(Ish? I dont remember}
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Spiderpig2398

• The One in all direcions
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »
Lets see...

New Super Marisa Land: Mario mixed with Touhou, if it isn't obvious. Try finding all the secret exits and Red Stars!

HRtP: Ah, yes... If you have something able to play PC-98 Games, this should serve as calm and relaxi ng, its more of a puzzle thing here.

Concealed the Conclusion: Sure, only Marisa is playable, but she has FOUR Types. The catch? THEY ALL HAVE DIFFERENT BOSSES. The Fourth Scenario is probably the oddest: All Three appear in PC-98 Games. All in MS, to be exact. You need the Fourth to reach the last 3(5 is Extra and Phantasm are counted, I think.) Stages.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2011, 05:34:18 AM »
I am 99% sure its it's own thing and not a mod, considering AoEth=2d AoEmp=3d(Ish? I dont remember}
AoE1, 2, and its expansions were pseudo-3D. Everything was 2D but portrayed on an isometric grid. Age 3, AoM, and Age Online, though, are full 3D.

...OK, so if it's its own thing, that's nice, but I really wanted Age 2 with Touhou crossed in. But it isn't the case, seemingly. That means...it must be created! Bring on Age of Gensokyo! :D

Come to think of it, though, I think it'd be a bit easier and make more sense if Age of Mythology was modded instead, given its use of Faith, god powers, what have you. Plus I don't think it's possible to mod every civ in Age 2 + Conquerors with Touhou factions.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
Has anybody mentioned the GATLING CAT games?

東方活劇綺談(Touhou Katsugeki Kidan) and its squeals 東方活劇綺談 ~ 第弐幕, 東方活劇綺談 ~ 第参幕 are action platformers with a hint of RPG.
You play as Momiji Inubashiri and beat enemies as you go through the stages, and fight a boss at the end.
Sort of like the Megaman Series.

早苗の妖怪退治指南 is a top-down shooter starring Sanae and Momiji.
You either shoot bullets or melee enemies as you go through the stages, and fight a boss at the end.
Rather hard, because you can shoot in the eight directions

TENG SOLDIER is another action plaformer.
You play as Aya, Momiji, or Hatate.
You shoot enemies in a 3-floor side-scrolling stage, and fight a boss at the end.

These games are quite well made, especially the music.
Signature

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »
Has anybody mentioned the GATLING CAT games?

東方活劇綺談(Touhou Katsugeki Kidan) and its squeals 東方活劇綺談 ~ 第弐幕, 東方活劇綺談 ~ 第参幕 are action platformers with a hint of RPG.
You play as Momiji Inubashiri and beat enemies as you go through the stages, and fight a boss at the end.
Sort of like the Megaman Series.

Touhou Katsugeki Kidan (TKK)  and TKK2 are really good. TKK3 is very recent so I haven't played it yet. Megaman...is a weird comparison. TKK's focus is more on close combat and fighting rather than careful platforming and such. More like Mystical Chain, where I'd say it's also more about fighting than traditional platforming. I'd recommend it, though.

Almost all the games I've tried and liked have been mentioned before. Except for a few flash games maybe:
 "Marippy" - a  clone of the arcade game Mappy with Marisa and Alice.
"Apollo 13" - a scope game with Reisen like you've never seen her before. If you can't find it, there's a link on the Touhou Wiki.
These two are neat little games for when you can't think of anything to do. Just a little warning: Both of them are a little bit crude, maybe vulgar in a certain way. Nothing too bad by any standards.

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2011, 06:53:07 AM »
2 words: Mystical Chain
It's a Touhou fan game, and I've been playing it all day! It's so fun!