Author Topic: SWR English Patch Released!  (Read 28245 times)

Mefidex

SWR English Patch Released!
« on: August 12, 2009, 03:42:22 AM »
Yes it's finally out after many months of hard work.

Head to the Gensokyo.com article here to grab it.

You need to be patched up to 1.06 to use it. Like the IaMP patch, it will not affect your install at all so when hisoutensoku comes out it should work with the original just fine. If you had installed the english weather patch, you do not need to remove it, this will run over it without any problems.

It will play fine with non-translated clients, though kanji deck names and the like won't show up on your side.

Report any bugs or issues here or at gensokyo's article.

Thanks go out to mauve, Halbarad, Rotals Nartnona, _dk, Akira, TMN, and Mefidex for all their hard work on the patch!

As for those wondering why it took so long, note that SWR has 3 times the text of IaMP, over 300 edited images, and more hacks then any 3 other english touhou translations put together.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:10:03 AM by Mefidex »

Drake

Re: SWR English Patch Released!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 03:44:44 AM »
It never really sunk in how difficult it must have been to translate the entire thing, until I extracted all the files from SWR. Jesus christ there are a lot.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 03:46:26 AM »
Will I have to remove the weather patch to put this in?

Gpop

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 03:47:33 AM »

Mefidex

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 03:49:27 AM »
Will I have to remove the weather patch to put this in?
No, it will run fine with it there. (added to first post) That patch modifies the actual data files though, so you may want to remove it before hisoutensoku comes out incase it causes problems there.

Houston we have a problem
That's not an actual release thread with full info, so it's not really one.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 03:50:57 AM »

How dare you try to overthrow my beautiful thread!  ;_;

Mefidex

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 03:51:35 AM »

How dare you try to overthrow my beautiful thread!  ;_;
-try to

Gpop

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 03:51:40 AM »

Good point.

SWR english patch thread.

inb4 IaMP fanboy rage

Also, /r/ sticky

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 03:54:34 AM »
Awesome. BTW, can someone link me to a way to patch me up to version 1.06? Since I only ever downloaded the game to see the ending artworks (game can't even be handled by my computer at full speed), I still have version 1.01. Time to see this dialogue~

and now, only the PC-98 games remain untranslated. But surely nobody's working on that~  ;)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

mauve

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 03:55:46 AM »
Awesome. BTW, can someone link me to a way to patch me up to version 1.06? Since I only ever downloaded the game to see the ending artworks (game can't even be handled by my computer at full speed), I still have version 1.01. Time to see this dialogue~
Download links for the patch are included in the text file and are on the front page of the SWR wiki.

SWR english patch thread.

inb4 IaMP fanboy rage
I'm the guy who did the hacking work on this translation, and I'm probably a bigger IaMP tard than anyone here. And I can safely say that anyone that sprouts up an IaMP v SWR argument on this thread needs a swift kick in the face, regardless of which side he's on.

Anyway, to anyone here, please report any and all bugs/typos/etc you find, we're keeping track of this stuff if we ever have to put out a 1.1 release.

Gpop

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 04:02:08 AM »
I'm the guy who did the hacking work on this translation, and I'm probably a bigger IaMP tard than anyone here. And I can safely say that anyone that sprouts up an IaMP v SWR argument on this thread needs a swift kick in the face, regardless of which side he's on.

Go kick Fang then.

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 04:08:04 AM »
Guess we'll all have to play through ever story mode again.

Drake

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 04:09:43 AM »
first recorded 1cc upon release get

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 04:41:24 AM »
Man, I love/hate Story Mode.

Love it because it's totally different from any other fighter's story mode.  I just love it.

...Hate it because Hard/Lunatic destroys me ;_;

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 05:21:33 PM »
dasdashfw.png

Hee.

And aw, hell, now I'll finally get to see what the heck those spellcard names actually mean.

... that means I have to go try and play lunatic story mode again. T_T

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 06:44:02 PM »
What the fuck is that font?

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 07:58:31 PM »
hooray!.

ill get this installed right away

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 07:58:59 PM »
Awesome work, man!
I didn't test it, but just by knowing that you made it is enough! :D

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 01:08:55 AM »
What file do you put it under again? ( when updating) I keep getting error messages.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 02:19:59 AM »
inb4 IaMP fanboy rage

This announcement doesn't piss me off. You acting like a dumb ass certainly does though.

Gpop

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 03:08:01 AM »
inb4 IaMP fanboy rage

This announcement doesn't piss me off. You acting like a dumb ass certainly does though.

Uh-huh sure.

Anyways, I'll install this right away and see how this works on netplay.

Valentinya

• Does not play well with others
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 01:10:00 AM »
Finally!!! XD I thought this day would never come ^^;

Sorry... just a little over excited. But it means I can now play Story Mode and understand it!  :D

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 05:40:20 AM »
*insert heavenly music*

yess! I too have been waiting for this thing. Many thousand thanks to you guys for translating it ^_^ seriously. I mostly want to see the endings since we kinda know what the spell cards do and whatno but having it in english is always a blissful pleasure. ^^ gonna try it now-actually its already up just have to play hhaha. 

@Gpops: if you wanna try netplaying I'm on Hamachi right now.
If anyone confirms that it works fine on netplay then fricking sweet lets party eh?!
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 07:05:08 AM »
Decided to take a look at the sub-forum and saw this... wow. I thought it wasn't to be released until 2010 with how hacking all the text in seemed complicated.

The patch works very nicely. It installs when you start the game, right? (with the .exe being 10kb and all) Those translation notes in the readme should be really useful too.

Now waiting to see if 12.3 is a SWR patch or not...
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

mauve

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »
The patch works very nicely. It installs when you start the game, right? (with the .exe being 10kb and all)
The exe is just a loader which puts th105e.dll in memory with the game, which then hooks itself in and does all the grunt work. I would not have been able to hack the game as extensively as I did without taking this model, since SWR's deck system is an enormous pain in the ass to work with. As a bonus, the original data is pristine, with all new files contained and compressed in th105e.dat.

And much of the early testing of the mod was on netplay, so I can guarantee it works fine there.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »
Now waiting to see if 12.3 is a SWR patch or not...

This was confirmed almost a month ago: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=1222.msg47908#msg47908

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2009, 11:21:36 PM »
If I install 12.3 will it mess around with the translated SWR files?

EDIT: I forgot to give my thanks to everyone involved in this patch, Thanks!

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2009, 11:29:40 PM »
If I install 12.3 will it mess around with the translated SWR files?
If this patch works like the rest, then it shouldn't.
What this patch does is to open the game with a trainer-like program, that replaces some of the data on the th105.dat (I think that's the filename) for data on the th105e.dat, where the translated stuff is located.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 11:42:23 PM »
the expansion runs like certain other commercial expansions in that the main game is required to run but it's mostly seperate otherwise.

you should install UNL like any other game (that is, you make a seperate folder for it and everything) because UNL has an ini that you put the directory for SWR down in.

the English patch does not modify the original SWR files whatsoever, so they can all get along fine so long as you don't delete the original SWR files (actually I don't think the English patch will run without certain files but I'm probably wrong).

sounds like a lot of clutter to treat it like a patch, anyway.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

mauve

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 03:19:25 PM »
Hisoutensoku has no compatibility issues with the translation mod, so it's all good.