Author Topic: Justice Juice Mafia Thread I (NIGHT 3)  (Read 104901 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Justice Juice Mafia (DAY 1)
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2013, 01:41:37 AM »
Clearly you do. Deciding that the color tags and url tags have the same functionality isn't going to make it true, though.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2013, 01:42:47 AM »
Cheez, why aren't you voting for Dormio right now?
Cut by another Validon vote. Not sure I like it being a parrot when I wanted to see where Cheez's Dormio suspicions would go, as much as I can't disagree with Validon votes right now.
If it helps, Dormio's a pretty close second. Most of the reason I went with Validon instead is because I'm hoping to see something substantial from him soon, and if that happens I might be able to trust him enough to change my vote.

Of course, this depends on Validon having an opinion. I'm hoping that isn't a long shot.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2013, 01:43:38 AM »
Curses, I still need to perfect the art of hairflipping so that I don't mess up my BBCode tags ;_;

but it's the [me] tag though not the [color] tag

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2013, 01:53:31 AM »
Polly you joined in messing up tags with me <3 It's the same ones I messed up! We even got called out by the same person.

BEST FRIENDSi'llstoplurkinginanhour
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2013, 02:05:55 AM »
best friends? you must be delusional. no one who hasn't given proper opinions is a friend of mine.
* Polaris flips hair

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2013, 03:06:03 AM »
hit backspace, browser goes back instead of deleting your text

post is lost

cry
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2013, 03:08:16 AM »
I'll never understand why they keep that feature.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2013, 03:12:19 AM »
I'm finally back. Maybe. Just getting a rough post out for now.

Anyway.
##Unvote
I have to agree with Shadoweh that Sky Palladium is absolutely adorable and I want to treasure him forever.

Moving on.
##Vote Serela
Cheez8 buddying pretty hard to Serela raises a lot of eyebrows to me, but this doesn't change the fact that Serela is simply perpetuating his D1 reputation that he always complains about.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2013, 03:14:51 AM »
So I'm going to go out on a limb and hold some hope that Serela's #125 is indicative of actual content coming from him rather than the usual fluff that he delivers. The despair I experience when my hopes are crushed will be delicious.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2013, 03:18:15 AM »
So Serela, I'm guessing you don't know why you've consistently not had a vote in the votecounts?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2013, 03:24:08 AM »
It turns out the pressure of ranting up a post until I home is too much.

So I took the detour of a 10min trip to dorm library.

Basically I see the validon logic, but I don't agree with it, will rant later.

Cheez is not null anymore, and my policy is to lynch nulls.

So basically.

I am thrown off my track right now, I still see shadoweh is harmful scum though.

##Vote Shadoweh

Note that my stance has never changed but just that there's no imminient risk of quickhammer I assume that its safe to Vote.

And guys you really want scum to  quickend d1 right.

Validon can very well be killed before he can retaliate so there.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2013, 03:28:51 AM »
Bulletpoints of what was lost because I cannot summon willpower to retype

1.Darkie is as difficult to read as the previous game
2.Is Darkie really telling us to read Shadoweh and Cheez while assuming they are scum, in order to see his point of view? (post in question: here
3.Assuming someone, especially multiple people, as scum... makes it pretty easy to make cases on why almost anyone is scummy; the issue is that making the assumption is a terrible idea (Goal:Start with what they are doing, point out why this makes them scummy- doing it in reverse does not work very well because, like a maze, it is far easier to do that way; and mafia unfortunately is not as simple a matter as getting from point a to point b)

anyway uh, I have no idea how to read dark so moving on

lol cut by dormio voting me for not making a post of actual contribution when I'm literally doing that right now and just talked about losing a post of it >_> "I'm mad at Serela because they haven't finished their post yet!"

Honestly, before I lost my post mid-way I was planning on giving up and voting PX because I really just don't see anything I think I can get any kind of even vaguely hopeful read off of past the stuff I mentioned earlier that I thought was too pointless to actually vote people over. (Aka, I was going to quote my previous post and say "nevermind, this is my vote and why") But I think I'd rather vote Dormio for his eagerness to vote me for noncontribution while I've stated I was about to make a post of it and then even showed some sign of apparently being in the middle of really getting it done. (the next post I got cut by almost makes me want to go back on this vote because it comes clearer he's pressuring me simply for not having actually delivered it quite yet, but seeing as my previously planned px vote was giving-up-tier, well)

##Vote Dormio

Other things:There's several posts I wanted to point out as being needlessly fluffy, then I realized it (IMO) comprises most posts in the game so far simply because ED1 and decided it'd be pointless >_> The less completely insignificant ones would have been Shadoweh voting Dormio for OMGUS and then making insignificant quips with next to no actual meaningfulness. but given the current state of the game I can't blame her.

Next up would be that SkyPaladin essentially jokevoting isn't good, but honestly doesn't bother me as much as the people voting him over it given that I have trouble finding anyone I'd care to vote. Then again, I read his post again and he doesn't even seem to have tried to find people to vote >_> Nevermind, I guess I can't blame anyone voting him after all.

I see Darkie talking again and I really want to understand, but I read his post, and... none of it. I can't... is it just me? :C I'd point out specific parts but it'd be the entire post almost. I can't follow it. Maybe I'm tired; it -is- almost midnight.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2013, 03:30:14 AM »
I'm about 30 seconds from heading off to sleep but
Cheez is not null anymore, and my policy is to lynch nulls.
are you a jester or something

also whoops didn't actually realize I was agreeing with Serela so much. Was I agreeing with Serela that much? w/e, sleepy time.

Cut but that doesn't matter because I'm going to sleep now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2013, 03:33:37 AM »
It's just going to be needlessly confusing and misleading for everyone, so I should probably go ahead and claim that me and Polaris' votes won't take effect unless we're voting the same person.

I wasn't sure if I should claim this immediately or not so I tried to vaguely ask Polly on the subject in an earlier post after Kilga brought it up, but the responses were vague.

No, I'm not going to comment any further on what may or may not be part of my role, because there is absolutely no reason for me to claim apart from the bit that directly involves everyone in terms of multiple people's votes working or not working and knowing why.

SORRY POLLY IF YOU WANTED TO HOLD BACK. But I figured all it would really do is confuse people and cause distractions.

« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2013, 03:37:44 AM »
And guys you really want scum to  quickend d1 right.

Validon can very well be killed before he can retaliate so there.

Have you ever thought that if scum decide to quicklynch Validon at this point........
.........................it'll be really obvious and we can lynch them if that ever happens. Stop being so paranoid.

« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2013, 03:42:57 AM »
re: role shenanigans

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2013, 03:55:28 AM »
But I think I'd rather vote Dormio for his eagerness to vote me for noncontribution while I've stated I was about to make a post of it and then even showed some sign of apparently being in the middle of really getting it done.
The despair I experience when my hopes are crushed will be delicious.
I was right? Really? N-No way... That's just...
That's just amazing!
So this is despair!
This is so wonderful. I want to stain the world with this marvellous despair!

Let's try breaking down Serela's #131, shall we?
It's not looking all that promising when Serela opens with a complain about how his main focus is hard to read. He makes a case against Darkninjaabc's weird logic but backs off without actually doing anything. Brushing it off as Darkninja just being hard to read is pretty bad.
Serela also says that he finds Shadoweh to be suspect, but decides to ignore it given the game state at the time.
Finally, he seems to at least come to some kind of conclusion in regards to Sky Palladium, which is a start. But it's still worded ambiguously and it basically boils down to "the people voting for Sky Palladium are bad but Sky Palladium is bad too".
In other words, look at all the options Serela is opening up for himself so that he can hop onto any of these whenever he wants.

Now then, as for the actual part of the post where he makes a vote, I don't really understand the reasoning.
To me, it looks like nothing more than an OMGUS.
If you have something to say about this, post it Serela.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2013, 04:00:54 AM »
I will speculate that if what Serela says is true, it's such a handicap I can't see it ever being given to a scum.  It is easily tested. 

Therefore, I submit that Serela and Polaris are town. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2013, 04:05:07 AM »
Brushing it off as Darkninja just being hard to read is pretty bad.
dude do you find that guy easy to read?

He was town last game and his play was a little easier to understand but I disagreed with pretty much the entire thing. Granted, he was also tunnelling on me for most of the game >_>

Shadoweh mostly making insignificant quips ends up being hard to really criticize because I can barely find anything to comment on either.

Originally I was thinking the people voting SkyPaladin were bad but then as I said, I reread his post and realized it actually was kinda meh. So I said nevermind, because I no longer thought they were bad. This should be clear. (If I was voting someone else, it'd probably be him, but that's really not saying much right now)

« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2013, 04:09:33 AM »
(If you look closely, you can see that Serela's post is actually humorous because nobody is voting Sky Paladin anyway.)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2013, 04:10:37 AM »
Basically my opinion on Darkie is, most of the opinions he seems to have (including last game), I have difficulty even seeing where he's getting them, much less actually being able to tell if they're coming from a real townie or lying scumbag. I can't understand him and it makes it feel nigh-impossible to get some kind of alignment read on his slot.

I was getting close to voting him last game d2 for tunnelling and a questionable case on me made of vague fancy wording and some points I didn't agree with, but then he claimed cop and the strange case made more sense. Except it never stopped happening afterwords either and he was still town ;_;

cut by WAIT WHAT I thought like two people were voting him including you

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2013, 04:13:14 AM »
Oh. You unvoted and then voted Validon. `-`

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2013, 04:19:47 AM »
goin2bed
See you!

« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2013, 04:24:29 AM »
I also just realized Serela just switched his vote from Dormio to Dormio.

Serela you're not looking so good. If you really are my daiji na tomodachi then you should start shaping up. '^'

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2013, 04:24:46 AM »
That's not right. 

You won't see me. 

I will be watching through the window of your mind and see the dreams unfold.  But you will not look back.  How could you?  There is no fourth wall for you.  Only darkness, and more stars. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2013, 04:30:23 AM »
So, Sky Palladium, whose nickname I have to admit is catching on despite being longer than your normal name. Since Dormio has posted again, do you have anything to update regarding your opinions of him?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2013, 04:39:11 AM »
Kilga self-votes and gets no negative reaction? Not even an angry PM from Bard or nothin'. Sadface. :C (hey look Shadowy it's the lynch-me-please-face but don't actually lynch me kthx)

##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

About as lame-duck as Validon in terms of general content. My mind change is twofold; Serela's vote is half-incomprehensible, half-misrepresentation - "eagerness to vote me for noncontribution while I've stated I was about to make a post of it and then even showed some sign of apparently being in the middle of really getting it done" is straight-up rude, given (a) Dormio was changing his vote from his jokevote target to a serious target, and (b) Dormio had expressed irritation with Serela noncontribution before (not contributing in the past isn't magically erased from history by starting to write stuff in the present) - and his notes on Sky Paladin make little sense given Sky Paladin not only has a serious vote down now, but it's on the guy Serela's voting for. I don't know about other people, but when I'm town I try to pay attention to when people vote for the person I want to vote for, particularly if I'm going to say stuff about those people.

So near I can tell, Serela:

- Dislikes Dormio for deceitful reasons
- Dislikes Sky Paladin for incorrect reasons
- Dislikes Sky Paladin despite Sky Paladin voting for Dormio
- Maybe dislikes Darkninjalphabet possibly kinda? I can't tell.
- Dislikes PX for ??? reasons (I went back and checked the original post on this matter and am having the damnedest time parsing it
- Dislikes no one for legitimate reasons

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2013, 04:40:51 AM »
At this stage, not really.  I am looking to see their response to my 'Serela is town' post.  I am curious as to why Serela totally ignored it though. 

I don't know why Palladium is catching on.  Maybe Iron Man made it cool because that's what his mystery...thing...is made of.  I think it's expensive? 

I think the water is too muddy right now to make any good calls.  The only bit of concrete evidence we've got is Serela and Polaris' mystery vote power.  I'm inclined to think you are both town, but maybe lovers or something, but if you were lovers, I would expect you could coordinate behind the scenes.  So I'm just gonna guess it's some other role I don't know about.  I'm a common or garden variety town pleb.  My special ability is to help people see in the dark. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2013, 04:49:52 AM »
^ Well that's disappointing.

Kilga, would you say Serela looks worse than Validon?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2013, 04:50:54 AM »
Eh, I think the vote coordination thing could be inflicted on one-town-one-scum precisely because people will naturally assume anyone that has voting restrictions must be town. Also it's not 100% bad for scum since a townie would have a damaged vote as well. I wouldn't try to game the setup, especially with an unusual role effect being spotted this early into the game.

Cut by Polaris: Yes, because of the two extra major things I pointed out in my voteswitch post.